Fire Emblem 6 Ironman Succession Game COMPLETE

Eltosian Kadath

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Remind me again when my deadline is?

Till Wednesday (3/25) to complete the two chapters, and then an extra week after that (so till 4/1)to do a writeup for the two. Unless you feel you need more time, in which case I could keep it at the two week cycles we had dropped to before, in which case the deaadlines would be 4/1 for finishing the chapters and 4/15 for the writeup.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Till Wednesday (3/25) to complete the two chapters, and then an extra week after that (so till 4/1)to do a writeup for the two. Unless you feel you need more time, in which case I could keep it at the two week cycles we had dropped to before, in which case the deaadlines would be 4/1 for finishing the chapters and 4/15 for the writeup.

Yeah, I'm gonna need some more time to get this done, sorry about that!

Going to have to split this into two parts, as trying to upload the full version caused a numbered error.

Chapter 17 Part 1:

Spoiler

It has been an odd turn of events, for both me and the army. When I awoke in Etrurian custody, I thought my life forfeit, but Elp- no Myrddin intervened and had me turned over to the Elmine Church in care of Bishop Yoder. It was a surreal experience, he never asked what I did or why I was here, he simply asked me about myself. About my Home, my hobbies, my vocation, my thought. Before long he had me helping the church against Etrurian rebel as a tactician, leading the peasantry of Aquleia in driving the troop of the rebels from the city walls, to streets, and all the way to its keep. Being among them it was hard not to see them as honest folk, so distant from the creature that have been allowed to rule, and my hatred for those serpents almost burned these people’s homes from beneath their feet. Perhaps Myrddin is a better prince than I initially gave him credit for, as my time with Father Yoder was what I needed the most.

uatp4fIlVjxblgdrySlPH1kQZ1a6bBqZjX1CNpDx

The main army had its own transformation in my absence, but it deserves a bit more fan fair

l4rSRBO4dhG1SUudSIa5B8c2aScSt1eIfsk9fLgCxFWYrq7gxxYzv62bXJlpw1yOpflX6gO6IJdAX2zlGMGNAU3Ivbz10aAkSm0X6E0Ezjh__715Uzt0Uuap

And it seems my limited experience with the Sacae (and the deserved fear of its deadly steppes) have brought me back to Lord Roy and his army. It is a dangerous land for many reasons,

3SM4UIc5u1gOhpDvUN1TUjAXX_sDzNfpRGywsWGdsVeKT2meEn0NZDML8OT4A1TDt1okiLmFeItA3xbH

And those tribes have always made it a nightmare for any invaders.

KYLrRtrucAv7jcbktHmFptSodj2w7FVxKlmxBmfudrosPli2p5aLg9FjcFFD1P6mNFwmykTvOGZtl1pQrSGEqFnuRBB9DeI15Unz2xPodYiuQy0qN6yeSwgUzIwA0enKr05HDwK2-tqgQBlfKdrrQ5QczNlHrVIw

Things are never easy are they.

_0j8yBLX8GNP0VixzmWt1pK1jADkpWNY4tK32HCzyQSkwRT6NXxpc1iASRBctdxXl_dPAlINh6nZJgCS

Unfortunately, my misgiving about this name change held little sway due to my well know bias. There is a reason Etruria and Bern are often compared and it is due to their well know aggression with their neighbors.

EKFyKMCO1OOcGvi4htTouXkZDoXjOrnH8lcyUM1RfhlWOTmp5IxbiuNdg7uZq-gSefpCvo-A2BlyC4Qv

The fear of an Etrurian army turning the Sacae into a new Western Isle is the kind of thing that would unite the tribes against us, and we are going to need allies,

E92x4je4RfFTxQZerMejbBS_KO_syAqzaiwSiI_vwnXq733Ilx1kiCdokzfYud0fIEd2zxo4HssQBSUe3YoC_1xRPkxVljpGeJP1Cbxl49_MSnVFEQddf27foY89rc7Wh3NEPnZiJa--3Qld55jAjUKMI1Koux8R

We have pursued the rebels all the way to one of Etruria’s border castle, but they have finally reached the safety of Brunja’s troops, and we are going to need to strike this castle hard and fast. The Bernese are far from home, but wyverns fly fast, and if we don’t have the time to get bogged down in a lengthy siege. Time to deploy for a dangerous night assault on castle Talas.

niDbH5b4W9w640HN1N7CDRPXlNTLdvdSHLz6DW_Y

Lets see if we can’t draw out a little extra info from the castle, the army has kept close to the rebel’s heels, and we should be close enough to catch the rebel’s first report to Brunja’s forces.

6UpXkw2mT6YbzjIoFAGSfyiYKK50nEXS-rZpOTc5MH62GwPyEaaDKiYwKK6zeC6gsuJpsrbTkmBWh-DPZL7kjCG-OZzWCWCi8j4KRk2qUmf2L2_YICVAgCR7

One Wyvern general down, two more to go.

MXizmK1iewuy4uYuArkwbsVb-_N0dnGQ2cUV42FNPdEE_p4lgUZyZEbvYXeEsdPcfVRb_KZCqQFif3L4YCOenvRL0UbbMiyXY2PiEKwtEI3EArS2gRXIgjmR

Interesting that she only mentioned protecting lord Roartz. I wonder what will become of Lord Arca-

6pqYOyzH3G_L7LOGvZksm6gliucu-K78WB76EPDtaxgSANnP8XOGBaPa3LaCrJ1s5vgAVIyXqUB-sJlclvT21pYm9xZ9U7L3ySRMwGbGuEG0WOilhPYPCI4zUT3kxL9gPvxbj2rp4K80oLVxAnzkjOxP_NbTbOOj

Looks like there will be no Bernese general, let alone Manakete to protect you from my judgement this time Lord Arcardo.

C9rsOKNs74Bx8cBYN1oW06_WehdNeJa7EKg_2sm2JxQgHnGH5YmTdSz5T2fRfRtFPIYzMEyENnaaz9FAyG5nNWr7eRYAH4fC3VETGDRkh9vS5RxCODZa67i3Grqg11ZkUdbul3LlXRxA7sWtwK00Oyx88Yc1z-TLuTv1mLzpKLjPyfu2ao8Ifqh7CPyYfTUQfrY9jsEr

All the more reason we need to take this castle now, before they can fully prepare, even if our strike is during the dead of night.

4ShP0fp1AEVfucnjMKhz9B8S3SCML26u5ILZl2sAs2CwP1GhPvthmoDw4yXMJTR2fLW1QtSIbQBIuA13FwB53-lMltQFYjwBwVQKWcpJAy-SKN2F2D6mjHHc6nstldn766QZe-1vZSWiAPm0XZm4GyQ5E6gGn3ER

This Brunja is a practical general, recognizing the disgusting skills that slime has, and using it to her advantage to use both its practical effects, and engender further distrust of the Etrurian (which our army is now erroneously known as)

ObQdIUeudNz_CGIHqfJbSZNoHih_WSajtGjchnACCLr8LYeqj1g0wCwU22xxi2U5_Ph1o427Ds1nPGetgOdIs9j4otwWNKv4nBRt_HX7F7N8qCR21oz2P0k77tKFsi4XUKqgZcPkc7N7ZR7DhUMmIeUNvq-KD0tAY2dXPoBxQDPmFWv0AWD-rb3Q0zIPWAAiINXPyIgh

Brunja has clearly come to the right conclusion about this Arcardo. If he even once pretended to have a spine he might be a dangerous enemy, but as it is he is less dangerous than a child. Unfortunately for her goading the poor creature's fragile ego to get his spine to show only wirks if he has one.

_ARYmO2qICie7ZgIgkF34ms8My5fNenSyDzhLIMY6brEBMsrbjNTRYBFBLaynAued2jHMVgqlkG-MYjXhTxj0Ji53Sytq2WSFpfwN20N_Bw5Hh7Yaj0AZ97x

Arcardo is screaming his fear into those silent pauses.

Ucu-JZ_r3uph6SQBmxfyKaanqkpr5Zq_suCTd6_YxzyZrrpGwfsFV1M2ccnyyTHiM7kKDGDV-G0PyJVbX4lHxOm3RlbgVgfaCnnT-qavsQp3u1kNO_C2fILi1xgtwsbPSgs2SICpzNrfgDR6DEvrr7aFaxQxop08

…Why are all of these Bernese generals so much more likable and honorable than the nobles of Etruria we have been forced to join. Oh well, even more reason to strike now while their army is brittle and ready to fail. I’d best join Roy and the Bishop in our prebattle conference.

pAWAZFYOXlKscuER9PE9WFRqWPPX8zDv0K0wwMMGgSrNfV4AqZdEGCia3GJxGNERvgmFpeKRSURv9ViH

“I am forever in your debt for saving me from both the Etrurians, and more importantly myself.”

1y1oVaeXIWPn28P5nmguD8vBYrjtmF76U_K_6XzI0NUzLl56XadAh5iDzoOr9LJzP7ayRSS_QhsgT2oI-diL0snYMsln3RlR8bBP3KiRw51dkvCvmHdC0lo1p2638HEB9Y0CG4ACW7tl9MBdkKKw_wt0LThNY1rG

“You undervalue the wisdom of your teachings.”

wjAHkyV3jqPDP2YPDNFwDxP-g2y26GCR8vGlAZYMbr3Bzmwu4PgxaY2sNnkyFLhdMzKEvVsaQdGq78yEj-Pm2HwooPlKxmOmDszSL6xJQXcw1Qq8p2VY4vIMBc4vnBEowLL7AkRXqOn12dV3lf0DZDhVOemXiNoEvwtBqap9xjz_mYAxji20nqQVrdaebklYEa_0KGjqXb-Rq3V09eFAsMrJlPMhDeVl1SP2S6cyPbsfnCyUu0NgZY9cH3onjaDZJRtU5uXWEwokHaCYViR06ZMl

“Father Yoder, if ever you need my aid you need only ask, for you have my eternal thanks as well”

4LZP-d-q69EG20ZkOgy8b0aPQRjT1AL8NMxPyrJ3RbAd8TxqZjY8ELb65AIYOaU_-FYQLHZxbBxF4zK0BW-FqR85mFr0SPCmue4OC8TXNfu5DvSAI_DhwWxFE-5plAjYLEAVTuOZYZ5Dt5ntXZm6juNztsAysEEyKVr9ke3I7Zwl9Pt32_sf5QWSuN-YzwyybrMPrMeQ

“But waiting could prove more dangerous, and we can prepare for the ambush we see coming”

kS9sSD4yT4lqUBfBURpS-ZVvIwnWZ54NFJQhERcLxHgCnnaT7Vv2ysFNIF2Njaw4vA70AXQiJKwYAaYcZmxNayhxflJiDCgEGbd4QMljOFwRoLXcKT8zqECtIFb4wim_cGshGNrQnMb74Q40e8ewjDoycK5qugQZwCQcYrMblfmf438sx0pn8aCGCqtBmkBZW4GSgmot

Now our blessed Etr- well blessed army begins to probe into the darkness.

xFlt9EWD_F5TVNtMtnuwssAupSJ5JlhAHHYbpqIi

Let there be light. From there we can see mages in the northern woods, and cavaliers holding the southern pass.

kIVwn6Xn3vHNGZeG8TtlWgxFGmNIfnRVzeEbO7CQ

With a warding Raigh should be able to stall the mages to their deaths, and while dancing us into position

SSN4fKBTr0V_ngYKiU7_ObWeXJN1rU2Kj58cX-S7

Elphin starts working on his survivability (+1HP, +1 Speed, +1 Luck, and +1 Defense)

h-faA6BfNSD689Kr3kqZR-SsLPYRjjCZz3xd5WSK

With most of mages deployed against the magic infested woods, and my more physical troops drawing in the cavaliers we start pressing our advantages

a8EI0PFO1PPrQyLeGcC1CWyBUjMi_7_kWjIHMhoV

That Warding may be keeping Raigh alive, but he is having a hard time getting through their resistance as well. Lilina needs to help clear some of these mag-

mhZIV6ueHGzVOZdxdx1j9KcS8DUWUbWhEZruvAo0

or she can miss… Meanwhile in the south

-xhpYAGKgWZTzWTZiFeI4pxAPurUrt821KqEWv2juymsh1EWh7uAQNauyLJFuG590rHntSrcEE4dlpnR

Bartre is heavily chipping to give

9eup21quXYih1Uj5jk2SCYIX6AHl4yVDD81UxTy8

his daughter another kill, and that’s when I think to have Astore

jLWG18cga0DDKe5dgmC1y53CEITGfhcTXkIagoOf

Peek into the darkness. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to deal with any of the Djutes until we reached Sacae proper, but it makes sense the Bernese would deploy some of their nearest allies to this critical boarder castle. All right time to use that Delphi shield to protect both Wyverns at once, as

ryqQOwohsSRRn8PeIxqGdJrwnMsA4FwjwwLxuESw

Milady sets up the kill for

oGtGK9CmRyw8aydslQ2mVXvfi2A2ricwtv1i7RML

her brother, and Shin

fSHg6yk_GoTD47BTOk5ntZBWZLV0ub-H-Nk5PB53

blocks the enemy nomads from reaching Zeiss

vXxaUsuUovFXvg9CRGsBdXLtMC98Ke9jiWvQkrTE

Shin really wants to shoot circles around these other nomads doesn’t he. There is still one last cavalier to deal with so Perceval

TmQhmGWM5nRF50UcCTXi1ev4zMP0myS5A3hB17lk-zi6-wNNwd7YjgsN3MYFxl4Yg-ZgmD-Gyjhqm2s4

Kills two birds with one stone, ensuring everyone can counter those nomads as he kills it.

Ll94JzEdPfH5YTSB6ltdM7hhotwXEBUNwr9B7mgM5GQJxi9JnHOQrKP7I9Szd3vNPLKZh-FF3iewzUCG

Huh, I thought that archer would stay manning that ballistae we had reports about, but he has decided to charge out a put an arrow through all of carefully laid plans… Lets deal with the south first, as it is in many ways easier

gypBhSple2-c7mPjQKgMXGMBrZik84TD3TLUKiqq

Fir mulches one with a Wo Dao crit, and her father

MKp9cqwUL4G1HZpALnArgXcHYV_9RfQqBly2yhZe

Softens up another. Once again Milady spoon feeds a kill

gIG0ZJCia6CmF5YBbYsg4wzTBRuO7pstBCwk8W4_4uTyGJwV2g31HUeKsw6QBKcDVm1Z1ySC4A0xIQdR

to her brother

cnepghR6_oKQMNpcYjiWOeTBsPnaFT9cppnV1WYB

and he is really starting to bulk up with the help from his sister. Now let’s finish clearing out this section of horses and riding ponies.

SH4GPUj2A9BzV22DWQ0TA06kkGjq2g-v4QxAPqSUuz8lXxtTUHKPOS4Ud8rKQ_t9MWM-vm40GHWAOAZUqI5GRndXOyHBahqkokqtKnSFuHWwlk31C2FpeAfQ

and with that

Q4-qvOLk1zIwWFsQKqehV_v0Stvbx014CQSInhtO

Lord Roy, is finding this all very routine and mundane.

Shin will hold any hidden enemies at the bridge, and in all the chaos, Astore

fHzJkHAQPeFrWZ7XSsOjZZXNibrIa508ncRmqTgO

Takes the opportunity to con some of the local villagers. I know I should get better at stopping our thieves and bandits from raiding villages, but its a hard hit to moral to stop an army from pillaging.

9nk6mU54n0_51P3tchmR8cX-jtkYSVl5QDiSHVRO

Tina??? It couldn't be ... the Legendary Thief Staff! It..Its

...Oh. Its just some random healing staff used by some other Tina. Oh well, I guess it was Astore that got conned this time. In the north I have made the decision

TnwuHOJ7GpFuv4JfEmmYqXIWSKVOXhAPKuzARyxU

to pull back and retreat from that archer.

6GRRPyuFGs53oeG7_yFlsEIzp0EKaeeIAqE8d8Vz

Ballistae fire in raining down on Shin’s choke point, but it fails to phase him.

KG2L8UQgtrlMp-w1DTWxVqjkioy8QWFQtcjFFQDZ

Lilina also managed to chip one of these mages for Raigh

uGX7JDQeKvdFWMdZgJPOpGlF3CUk7EfR_jq1yicZ

Which he appreciates, but that ward is starting to wear a little thin. I think will hold for now, but I doubt he has more than a turn left in him after this one...

Chapter 17 Part 2:

Spoiler

Back in the south

M9QZp7aT-kNtwqJqQmjWpRoueGVOMp_YJUX2U5xD

Milady makes the cheeky Nomad that switched to a sword to avoid Shin’s arrows suffer, and

ahaVfPk0rNQ_2IHMDcNWrvlj4VYXeF5zKNA9lhsS

she is still instinctively bracing herself for those arrow hits (+1 HP, +1 Defense, +1 Resistance)

Bartre continues the chip

qjdDwl9k2OnJ49VQTwvRE65j6ttlBf08cV5l05vp

so Zeiss

PhkcucsvJW_t6Zjmb2235Evh8C6na0PX27O37nQH

can kill

oeQR9Em2xcEpqnQlM20Bf87CBbryZa8jN20oFAR2

and is learning how desperately he needs to speed up in this dangerously nomad filled enviroment. Now there are both Ballistae and Nomads potentially hiding in the dark, so

vo7Z2fVRKHKXLV5pKuE7QGc-gqmo0t2_Ew-syVOV

Perceval pulls him to safety, with Deke’s help. Finally Shin pulls a little forward to protect those that attacked the bridge from range

c0D49oCMLFQgiCMD3gPt7oT_60gREriEQHGmPTQp

One last thing to note in the north, Klain secures

tQVzo5b1pqXqUkGs0ZenOlVdh0KLD9lwmqM66qMb

this suspicious fort in the north, just in case.

y5iEIdZXh7MWDfZrnoWMVecVU8rewSuFHQAvwu_t

Seems I was just on the mark, for if this last mage hit as well he would survive on exactly 1, which while a little worrisome is perfectly sa-

mikJohE3JKtvXIq1qTc9eYnIaYDKkypL_yBjgJvw

…I think my heart stopped for a moment when this sage jumped out of the forests to heal. I knew there were sage healer with both Physic and Mend, but before they were just hiding in the darkness, this was the first time one drew into view. If he went after Raigh…its best not to think about it…

vi4_uU7C4vCcQBfd2IuLkIRqFT4ElRuPfgJhvD3C

Raigh is clearly starting to worry about that archer (+1 Skill +1 Defense), and its time for him to both run, and

7mRL-vNcDv56mkjRTYElpjv7sYIOAFy2C8rceAA2Box3lsh0tFOv5sDJhTjd0VuHvh5uecs9pRyho6_s

promote to Druid. With that extra boost, and some Lilina healing he can hold off the tide, but it is time to rejoin the main army, to prepare for a new offensive.

MKMCCIM37qGVs385ilCN78G2dArV6pDDUle-JAsp

That being said that Sage is still a scary prospect to face, so

o-bJ_aYYVISWmZOV2TIelIutgCBKdWxsz3hsz1vo

Milady tries to delete the problem early, but for once

mHIUdfkZARBW8HCEVokw_ut9tZ5c9iHVE57mKsbM

her brother has to carry her, instead of her carrying him. Now you may have noticed we have picked up a wyvern infestation, so Perceval chips one

Jn3gz6EBErNyKnUDN1dO1mUsuepzN91dP3YdRjxB

and Shin incinerates another

bWt7qKNp1un6UlY0flrsF65hhWo4Dmk4kOmTuMck

And after Bartre releases Milady from her brother's protective clutches, Fir

ag9b341q2Li_dKyeDNQvES_WqxAVURr7XxdTHqDC

finishes the crippled one.

W4vW9YBMma4srBTxFTPYpQ3cEYoD1MdsGXHTg68n

As long as Raigh holds out for another turn we should be able to finally wipe out the rest of the mages.

y0WHCHRMxvnvmNqAbKEBkVxI7Q_jdA6Ggu3w1kBe

…It would have been so hard to reach this poor village in time, with the mages, sages and ballistae guarding the most direct route and forests making sure only flyers could reach it in time.

Well at least Raigh held out, and it is time to turn the tables on this magic force, starting with the sage

d81C0XBdA_KojulbrOIMplpXO-2BQ5Wqu686MkZd

I guess Milady set this kill up for Zeiss last turn, but she was trying for the kill instead. Now Bartre

PwtU-4lMZ1ktuqTshl4KlLSeLgJ-YENGmzF8UUuf

continues to grind out his axe rank, and kills to boot. This makes it easy for Lilina to clear out

_gupwMB9_xIChIPf3aK3vgem8zPfX2n0oNjC1QfM

…or miss this mage, well at least Saul

U8Mn2B6xlRGD0IAXr5u05z5Im6AESuXuLZnlOB_9

deals with his, and Roy

sqeccXMCJv0COW-nk749BxVbVFFgLbD3UB35_M_D

Light brands one out of the way, for Fir to then

HyaUPiEJLZBhK-6M7IPsgH6PHAT8j_GUMsrmy7i9

wipe out the one Lilina missed

m8lnhQzBYO3oWGA1R7v5EYMTSLH87hocvwUZKsgZ

while making her father proud. Deke then brushes aside that archer with Shin pulling back to the closer choke point of the bridge.

n5jIiUDEdhwESoSa2YzT14UqRJjj57oRCO5oNH6b

One last Wyvern has decided to offer himself up on a silver platter

XlvP5SHnMAJvdSjZjA9mtpdrafwa6TO8Ojwa3n9K

for Shin to feather like a turkey. Now I have been a bit worried about Myrddin’s chances of survival among the steppes of the Sacae, so he

wZMdcjkI10txMKKV97tyC3ddZHVH8jLRj84OZOXw

dons an Angelic Robe to help his future survival.

liEVzKF55JzbLQ9v21t04EGsQJUveAn9-e2goCvz

We are getting ready to push forward again, now that we have dealt with the magic threat at the rear. Perceval charges forward, showing Shin

IDALlo1dkM9RRi7_wxxwibiEG-IAcLTqeZP7euC_

the Ballistae post that has been firing upon him, and he removes that irritation forever. The rest of our army is still way behind

PFcFK99IIJSP0ZOrfKEJ801074JKcCxUyWy-D2Tc

but we are pushing forward as fast as we can.

qs_iJIPa8tbG6P78vYIusPXMQg50YRPM76LfPBB6

More Wyvern and Cavaliers charge forth from the darkness. Fir finishes the

0IQ43ntB9_tDFy0qpZYI1HMFW5VHB3mt6hDnFllw

Wyvern that broke itself on Zeiss, while Raigh put his new ability to heal to work with the help of that rod Astore “found” in the local village. Now Zeiss

aaR63yk_uyJWkZ0hgMK4w51xOwiIVibNlIpGnNG2

tries at least. Well Shin fells the other Wyvern, and Milady does the same to the uninjured Cavalry

EJR6Gg945OISUuR0FERrfv_63MZ7eQPK1Nbm_Hv_WkvKH6stqNhSih5aYbT5nwE6m_ugOZxyc0KFoTPa

and Perceval fixes

_yJqWkcKNZob2VnOtVZ6M2diUDXtERoNw4SlfM36

Zeiss’s mistake.

o1CTyTsq-sEjcK5uvr3WwpyqqWmbEPu6ztVufXlD

The mounts are still marching ahead of the pack, but Astore is catching up, and even

l_lxsIxyzL0kJ_PEcVuYAKD6eklZBgHZx3DEtj1x

reveals an advancing Wyvern dead ahead. Now to deal with what we can see Perceval feeds a kill

517GWV51QX64JLdXmQLBCiaFKfu4WMOwaXRACRNMASzFG0sxbywBNgqWCzPQKIrl6xL-2BzGqzI9JI9O

to Fir, and Milady does the same

QEpCdxPAIvnjSW3ec9stos_3DaHGot2wV8UYMotA93Vv0aS1fDUlPB-K42wbjkMd4kSOlNM9uJHRpIZ6

for her brother,

kgJkI4-pGMvUd1Gp-Y3uPkkhpw2yTt_y-WCozjnR

whose accuracy is improving all the time.

Once again Shin holds a bridge ahead just in case.

ZgC98keIyPRNDWHii2Jx3L6K3Exqnz2JZLpYiQ_y

He did still have his sword in hand, so Milady gets to help her brother

znzC6Ah2i5kUr6nPe_9K07PDTr4aA8o4aYyOFQ8JUEEMe9kU8eS4UGEOWvkwT-SSTYA3C-qQ9E7oeklb

miss, before Shin fixes his initial mistake.

KtIk8EpS-TIy2Srl-yle9WUi2uiznyo3sN0VjMLy

Perceval joins Shin in watching the entrance to those woods as our forces continue to adva-

iG57JV2XGD_dbhl1gOiixbcWuw5R3olaN03OzBLI

…Ok I need to see what I am dealing with, Astore move as far into the darkness as he can and burns another torch

uwekq3lAPXgLV6-iegH296vdbRvjzaS7HrILin8s

…Nope not going to deal with that. Definitely not, so Zeiss grabs Roy

XCDdvo4v_a8EI2RUi058PeyQetCdJvrwLTDGE2rn

gets a dance to drop the lord off

vybP8Tkdq_RwyZsdTaf04QWxS4RLv0L5wuIRzwfw

close to the castle. Milady and Shin pull Astore to safety, with Percival holding back anything coming from the woods, and the rest are all rushing past the bridge to finish this, but there is a little complication.

T4fJmVFf8OXBHJ3ibe9aM8mbypBxeFY4cv9quLNm

We are on a bit of a timer as a deadly Nomad has snuck up upon Klain in the darkness. He does have the benefits of a fort, and some medicine on him, so I have some time.

w6Ngy2LE_FNG1j0v0GcT44XZUbg9HiYwz3KLosTy

Perceval clearly doesn’t appreciate the task of waiting behind to hold off invisible foes.

c2M3Qz8JKqqBdyTSMXM3H-K63Uhgx5iaXQoWqRu2

Klain seems to be holding his own, and with this dodge plus the healing of the fort he might be able to safely make a counter attack.

p_aalnMrMbr72No-sP334tr0fecfq3H8kdks7wJg

Why has Myrddin started flexing in the middle of the battle?

Oh well time for Perceval to take a shot at the nomad from the choke point

VgxE0_ohQ5hdHWSiPl64RSqk8ArH2QXzNY2hsAeg

…well holding the coke point is more important than going for the kill at this point.

Meanwhile Klain

Lnrtz6D96AglclND_E7yrJ0EI10DgpFJmEEEtBrl

goes on the offensive. While he hits he misses the critical kill

0QQL9HxnGXThi4ph5nmtmDlExnJH6CbUsK42pZ7E

Milady is about to make the first strike against Arcardo and

sehQ_GF11NtN7TGT7S2taC4h5_uG7wx7h5GN7aS50OMriyvouJA74SutuzU38GRg-bpgybM153gE9p-Z

…Is this scumbag for real? After his actions on the Western Isles let alone as an Etrurian traitor he deserves everything he is about to get.

JoQqHo7LISKuttbyvrNntQ6OmfQmli572rj3QE-w

…Shrug he can take the hit if Arcardo switches weapons so why not?

WABYGRmxGwCdERP2pbvm3Fw9GpmjgH0cdnD0b3xO

He doesn’t as it turns out, and Milady’s killer lance is true to its name

wNI7vSGmfaI8gwrlXMtPxW7AZaEJBnTGoC-OgkdqiZKM_MbW_s8WE1o3m_dWHWi0iL7pbV7MimjLovPV

Even Etrurian nobles are mortal. Now die in this forgotten boarder castle.

diZ9CgbBRlCm0gdM1JuS5u1qKmaZbzUo4VHNtWEB

Such a deadly display of skill. We can end this now, but we might as well do as much damage to the enemy before we seize.

LyWyBHMWneoYlpG6WYkMxWn1H104GqHS9QDJmKWH

Klain nabs his kill this time, and Perceval chips his own weaker nomad foe

c71OvtcLMw3IItCodrM6hD_LUhwk9udPRjjlqpcW

and with Milady carrying Zeiss in range for Shin to drop him from the middle of a river and into range of Myrddin's songs, so Zeiss can

6H6qS3dgnQDInd6KjGSxHBCmPyw2QbhefHKRagZR

grab one last kill,

qV5MNHPV3RGGuozjW6kPXI1n_JDYUOTI0ejucGwI

which he appreciates.

Bt3Zi8vtalkyVputoI8-1G0Or5hR2f8TH29IgSr8

That was a respectable pace, and hopefully the remaining foes will flee when we claim the castle.

sXC5j-0xbofzLn5clFDV_Trprh51nU9QbpQeL4Vn_qf14TJNAjhgmcvvHlWtBnUZQaC8fVAerRyZJNnY

“Thus always to tyrants.”

aXrajMVznWZJs5uIhz9aQcLiB6VYcAtzYBPD1s9fWHG8omlcUEJK0jkb5DxNl1chZtb48oOWBciqCBS_7ZFzj2kV6x-IlQv68WYbEvOk0L5ijLSfdTDuRdj3

“Our fate is what we make of it, or at least that is what St. Elmine teaches.”

4NTyVqErT3wChZJahoQhUjUSxi22maz4EyyeuxbeyB2czEZUoHiqhaKwmlSmLbfAdQZRytKINqTyBZ0KjvbXITAr96w8bPVs-cv8WZ8zE2uFynDjd90ANyYJFKopvPB1wwhMs-9aLE-MMLayhGEWR8W4MLLsAWAg0e4Mua6CimCE-Hg2KYrKWQelqlbwsYzPKCBDw5i5FRuIQkEjw0le_0GO4fgvi_aBUJijJ4iu_y-AoI4v7NmGlfhfQ4mlZc2fTjQYvZPs1jpdxXCi8NDwJGGn

“All war ends with diplomacy, its only a question of what position they are left in at the bargaining table. I am sure she is hoping this diplomacy would come earlier, and more willingly by her brother’s actions”

60VPm7jhKIcW7lSMK8a32kNfflWTMVe0JGhn7FGZmLbrfDLuaHoeWh0bzH7fZ0jMNR0mL7wiTWEpGrHoTCOz_eGbrTqHPN-N2w3QiRmYEfhxNeC6MTDiKY9ubjBrsYkumg5oRh4uJT-tvjGrAfUwWpmZ5Ntu0F7VxJxEV1sYdbKwdbkx-U_BIsmjDvZW8LkW5LYheLEf4QV_TkpkrzdNeyp5F_0B1r3lL34E9LSnTvP_ij-CYnFUVRZm6oQrhIRS2_noYEXgKDbpjFKS1hKaggWw_kkWDVlgjrorN7wMQ2t8pVJqn7jZR9YU7Rinq12H7uW-Ep5q1HIsQ9BNsZpP77L3xgZmVWc8F4WBfoDPhaZF6dJak2bJ4w6oI1eHCxmsKdb-KRULKsF19tT2

“Merlinus, do not spread such base rumors, if Zephiel were truely so emotionless and ruthless as those rumors claim he would have killed Guinivere when she fell back into his hands!”

7qz2ouJrLAFXs-pTTRW8OE4tK1dkHRTgSpy5GHW6PNfotr8_262xH63uPN66ZutkPL7HwfldOcERojF8DJnlUwAENFN5Uj0WrmTyVjj3ZTqIc4Ct76VNCxWvWKfIDIyAjDm0XhAhH5jfsbxCHuhHIkNoNW53HaXV

“We should ask her about the verasity of these rumors before judging King Zephiel on them. Surely she must have some insight into the truth of these rumors.”

JXNkpZCHqfvjYnv_b38it-wKGti0e-29tslNnTxja_-VRPocnv8KNTRuMVuhcyvvx5XsJ8ngWDPrtN2f

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
formating

I'm so sorry I didn't make up my mind on this sooner, but I don't think I can do this. I wish I could, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment, even with everything that's going on freeing up time. I have multiple projects I'm trying to balance, and I don't think I could give this the time investment it probably deserves.

19 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I'm so sorry I didn't make up my mind on this sooner, but I don't think I can do this. I wish I could, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment, even with everything that's going on freeing up time. I have multiple projects I'm trying to balance, and I don't think I could give this the time investment it probably deserves.

Sorry to hear it. If you change your mind, or find more time, you are always welcome to rejoin.

I think I will get anticipate the upload issues and just cut this one in half immediately, so onto

Chapter 18 Part 1:

Spoiler

vRkWEMtVcjRgNPAZmOW4AIdCytHDc-SAjj_Qk0kR9REIriWbEyB4btVHDy2rmXoIQMlB-G1zclp_luD7

From the frying pan and into the fire comes to mind.

kKwxYQbmIxq8a7EyLamQdLW6pM7mRvx2-3CeOiSpYHg1OjQjUl0K0UoavIxyfqHx8O547oZzpyfE88uY

Although that isn't to say the Djutes have much support among the tribes, just many are willing to walk softly when the Bernese and Djutes are in sight, then doing as the wish upon the plains.

DJ2Hm1xoDGuYCzMtPnJtEHiOpA0R6wHsazCvDkrc_nF2mGcXKE4aa_gI0f5zPyWDhK5liHAO-uQ2lh82Kijyykz04D17X60LsA_nD8FRhe0Jl8QXLNIgWDfj

To give Bern the highest credit, their alliance with the Djutes has worked perfectly. The gorilla tactics Silver Wolf tried have broken invaders time after time. It broke the yokes of Bernese and Etrurian (and much to my shame even briefly Illian) rule before, but such tactics are highly reliant on the staggering mobility of nomads, and their knowledge of local terrain, and customs to disappear before retaliation can fall upon the insurgents. Bern was perfectly willing to let the Djutes do the hard parts of counter insurgency, saving their wyvern core as a rapid strike team only deployed when the Djutes had driven some group to ground.

7ZArEdd2Qbm-27xNC0zqNVqFF3xVfsiHu518D0VQ

Unfortunately we may have to weather similar tactics. Its time to face the judgement from

O7qVKTvv8tAlrQZ2qBUFtPVDCB_jBg4FwSEbbUp6

We have found the best defensive terrain we can deploy from

vtXiZyz1miKLYnxJd9J9bmSBUwaQqC3HZzZ5GhRp

The bridges can work as choke-points against all but their best nomad troopers, and hopefully Shin and Milady (with the Delphi shield's aid) can keep those at bay. Now we just need to draw them closer to- wait a minute there is some activity among the yurts

nziv6HRk8WZ0P2L7Ifx7lxzZ_1snpVJKnl5LH0UNLNVVgRo6rWHDD7Ut6QdThYfmi6aBDO2MaFihMRoI0XE1xYQSpV03Xphq-5Tk_aJa6GUu3S4b5TZRg6c4

...Great minds think alike it seems. Its an odd position we are in, those nomads will tear us to shreds on the open plains, but we can break them from behind the rivers. Its all of question of who blinks first.

UZAfJ7RNtDQQ05kkPkA6oBRmfuYU1V5hrl1crWk3E3NsJqaJLZgoeewMSgNR4qWaK0a-tHI3UDP8EI3pFqMa1rTFXxepcByq3OQiiiMOjf09QtJ96NQFf6s8XRVgpy8lZsRRXVgY776bn4PVWom6Jwz3_d-_iWBjX4gJbSZX0Ii9Vpwh50mP-b2ozVmv6sUyxKjLav9a

No...it couldn't be... is that circle of yurts a Kurultai? Has he called a council of the clans against us? May the mercy of St. Elmine grace us, this is more of a trap than I could have imagined. The greatest leaders, and warriors of each clan that heeded his call will be in those yurts, and if we move against the Djutes here, and now, things could get ugly.

dWKsOC3CCsH6mgXazevkh2lZPtdvBNBxUf0mN8v-3skclhFmESM6WwBDtxF5D01OJHU2UQCvm1Ork3hykwxChAWjarVCkcti39ZuRaGZj8KjapHVYuk8fMT4kAjlj2XRo2zDkVuj5MRE_0uFY18hd0Yu8gAlBQoK

Well there is a tiny bit of good news hiding under all of the bad, it sounds like our intel on the Kutolah's ineffectiveness may be inaccurate. But this right here is the cost of that pointless renaming of our army. The Sacae remembers the Etrurians well, their border skirmishes, their brutal attempts to occupy the Sacae, and the harsh reminder that they could become like the Western isles. With the Etrurian army marching in I wouldn't be surprised if every clan is represented in that ring. I will have to think of some way of dealing with this.

ICb8Ajz4iI8UdSKIzQt940MOyOGKsC8DILhH4Ia799t42FsFoKkMg0vXZPAHDpUyIm3-mG1QzTWKv-6hUseia5tE1_iWpCxwjbNs6tKK4BH5a-wQT4DYKLII

We should have sent Sue or Shin to have us formally recognized as an ally of the Kutolah (or whatever arrangement the Djutes have with Bern) before marching into the plains, but I suppose hindsight is 20/20. Then again, I shouldn't dismiss a diplomatic solution to this quandary just yet.

c6JlGX-WVNO-i1ppd_wBkCRW8Zf675sp3E3AODpHxEGfqN6gB9vqw8HVVMqRHJa3WqbgMBNNfa_e1RHI

Seems I am wrong, not all the clans are in that ring. If we make it out of this we should meet up with the coalition opposing the Djutes.

Ygv_ScABDKmDronVKKRCbvJvWGlsUKjjy7RGYHGzCFddvynBJDlhMIOBUlzS1KtxF9mHKFwGG0GbAqcaxcG1PHF2R1hoNFzcicZ7dcdpKbgLVBpwTzD8cWHa

They lead a united army that grows so strong one of the "greatest" nations in the world decides to rename your army after it to make them feel powerful

dYoeBeciqya6k2fD9H2VufgJbcs467qx7G5voy98kXKSLcfysg1xJX6ISsComu17m2JU9xeronxDLJ8kbGiMlOxu7w9BlzEfi7Pt7rlm1iikXRdCS3BjnTgT

We have subdued greater cities, like Ostia, and Aquelia. Then again I doubt many of them have seen a city other than Bulgar. Hopefully some of them will see common sense when we best them on the field. Well I can dream can't I? I'd best speak with Roy before the battle proper begins.

LNLmhkDADy7_yLzq4QmeYPo-QNYxt0g_ikT-ti_o

...perhaps I will give them a little space first.

4vORzWv3wj2lw5A_tjBYdcmU954VhG581_sQ2O1TlTyks6zKzYFOjM_K8KO_fRghxuoWZLM2QPlq6MST-O6KeCHoifCzVb08WfTPUorgPFLvk5iRe9_94h6l9NP7_dll5knwGdWYpb3At3LVEMSt9PoW-u2V3eJ8rXeq1bDIGDV_eBppKlS_IWs-VbUkHlpTf9cSTr5H

That is a hard thing to bare. In some ways I am glad the rebels fled into the Sacae instead of Illia. The chance of facing friends or family on the battlefield is heavy burden, and one I would wish on no one. Many a mercenary of Illia has a ill tale about meeting ones sister, or brother, friend, or even mother on the field of battle, hired by the opposing side. I knew such a tragedy could befall me when I became a mercenary, but none wish to face it.

W4V_BPM_6r16rlEcaTgrmqRhBbxCLlY1c6DgnIgjYKX6gQ1qk3AWguELrisQ3vBUuTFGkGcdUPaXEMnlfpezkGP61hSMRc3Gf-U0NuYiM8zrNH00TerqQUvaz6pglkgLmSxSV_oTgR3yGmO-sbsSEgZoHjV0SZV7

...I cannot imagine even King Zephiel would faces such a tragedy willingly. Only the most sorrowful tales have the slaying of kin, and all try, even if fruitlessly, to avoid such a fate.

uALuKUaCp726gJXuTabpfXT5wP2QEGGRcqxoGhcV8C5X4_WsPjEcqF43kNlAcO3OjFlk9JIG6HByktzt8tNpd3J2gb0lR3WKz6DPC-r2urjhlAlh0s5v7NLhoCVJ1V0XelWRCgw44P-e9NQNPu4p4XzA-I1jbX3Wx-Ucm_VmBN1cAb5Vz2D9BUPD65VQ46Iexc3esePy

Its nice to see Roy has the common sense not to trust Merlinus's vile rumor, but also has the wisdom to seek out the truth of the matter.

34M-igaPDKuM2BMvWOmLYpWmT1tHf2fQcN5dJIgzbCxB0ZZJoa8vXRuSyuteSdnG1hzC1VCxhfypNdhNhVJVwkyJUPPl_QaML6qMKdV-CtjagUMOdipPgPs708FDjrRe2JZheAPcvVKI66QCGksHi0ZzEK9dG7af

How could the Fire Emblem be used in battle? It is the royal jewel of Bern vital to their most sacred rites and ritual, but direct combat uses I could not imagine. Its greatest value would be as a bargaining chip for peace with Bern.

gW1X0comoLCmFlA3xShINYJ-7PBoecaImi7moAvTEsjxqTzRguJLefHjZU2LWFLJ51zZtQLUvW1YHtQB6eCLje4ssDwgmLjn3FNIlFHaWG6N3COvUt95cB5O

...that is worrisome response, but I have dallied overly long

"Lord Roy the battle is about to begin, we'd best get to our positions..."

joIvDH-BbLTwsWHV0OzKxyWYHM93tYjcXBkzAKFO

I will start by trying to draw as many bows as possible in Shin's direction. Most of them use the short bows of the plains, which have a risk of crits, but he is bulky enough that he would not only have to kill all of them, but they would need two crits even if everything hits to take him down.

BQfuYZaY1-SlP5ge0B9IGmEuTI-i_q32J3TAFJ6l

Fir should be able to draw in just the Sacaen swordsmen, and Deke is bulky enough to hold one of the bridges. Myrddin finally has the chance to sell some of the gems on him as well.

rVQ1pKJ4KqjAVaR3vPBTpkXR10KwFbtub8AM3pyk

Of course Shin missed early into enemy phase... he seems a bit reluctant to truly slaughter the weaker nomads. Well Raigh heals him up and

bXcUDHtzTEsMC5ufEhtg4oFNuqN5wYrLI9QB73av

he not only kills one of there elite nomad troopers, but hones his accuracy and dodging techniques further. Now you may have noticed a lot more nomads have pushed in than he has had to face before, so

Vo3mx-mo1OX57kP_kzcXNN5OgmdFcu71tY7mP6Rp

our fliers pull him back to better terrain,

Wb2mpVyh8DbuzF9_QxhKWTRY9BnOORtO2tDpr2eH

and after some Saul healing, where Saul learned from Shin's dodging techniques, while also advances his magical arts.

b5D2ysjooOu8s8roUUHPvxdPGyEcjRyvZnCfE3gP

and even more rescue dropping, and pulling back to safety, hopefully we are ready to weather the next storm of arrows.

UWVBCU7x-30nUul0pcVjLenxV62VJOubAzjTGCtN

Again Shin holds back against those lesser nomads. Well Milady is sufficiently protected by the Delphi shield that she can block the nomad trooper's path across the river, and try for a crit kill at the same time. It misses, so

8nwwJj2fOskCfYtOdiNsxSDwJ_zWONbR_j0v4-Cl

Shin has to deal with it. With nomads pushing in on Fir

3xQ4eXxlPuOBAzZYw40JJlsjfSVpyzixIsi8RFH2

Perceval has to take her place to start taking safe shots at them.

Bq8Is4h_GtU2MWGFNFKct5CooQQsaV6EZT7z1MyM

Klain also manages to crit kill the swordsman blocking his path, so

yjCvRU68jyFceoHHFbiZyFIQYIFxy4NZA7ZjfQXOZxSRBYwa0du_3SFLkcXf1v5AjkuvAwfEWHGL26Vb

his prince talks him into pressing into melee. We pull Myrddin back to safety and heal Fir back up before they crash into our fortress again

JOk2_2ByKqOOnKSNArI043SmnzfHZeYzl3UrAaFj

and with Perceval holding one bridge the nomads start harassing Deke and

4FJvmh1JbKOuL0aE6J5bKlanje5S1CkWaGwV9N72

force the nomad trooper to fight him with a sword. Back in the south

HB5_gEG9_NJOuN_b87reZAaM46LdlWPBt9uJVplSBsnM1QssjEH-ue5bo2fpM1XnUoBtcldP-roCHXY5

Milady and Shin manage to take that trooper down despite the terrain.

oAKIn0O4et7uxRAWtCK8rARQnFPk48ep8LY-qjpxlvZRYA3kwWRTE3K6c7d5WCekr270GaGnBmEewBlJ

which lets Shin clear out the nomad blocking Perceval's bridge. Now for the far more dangerous trooper holding the other bridge

qTYHvzqKdVBWqiEm1pj7jYAmGgb8CUfEQncpB-5s

it left itself open to range attacks, and

_rT5nh4XYn7vZLwo_GLWoOQZHDZGGQySijRDKLBS

Klain takes full advantage of it, honing his skill even further with a critical hit. Klain's killer bow has been absolutely deadly so far, as he saves Deke.

Y0c-Sj-gRPp6p90CQyeyzD4Qvpw4KZ1omq-cofgvrSngXoEeMWK5XVzYpupYw-b_8QbGzEmC17lN1QBEOxX9j7d-fF-zzJg5Tj0Zmf_RLEsLDUGWjapqvTLt

...seems these two have a history with each other

Lyq5uLHrCGQHXVRCxtf1nLmhV4lLKZlHI6fyzc94bfkJsh0tohJzK06xTWQowR76Rhm9VnnacCyi-jrVjz8PWIXgZhZH7IH98O9KANf2bmsWliaAvr5oh9ZN

No wonder he been so flashy with that bow, he is trying to attract Deke's attention.

FhUzAoBW2ATUYZ5AbL2dH5ZagnqEh4CZbqq9xFOYOqKA96WxyVsL8SNG91AAiqnGYvPwXSMZ3axVkX4_

...13 years ago? I wasn't expecting them to have a history going that far back. Klain must have been a young child back then...

tZ2t4_GaOJeJvLRez3wIdF5AP_mCi47up7exyjSk5JRh_3lWktKesbUsr2PtialOdsbX-KA8yiCSDhTz

6? Klain really was young when he first met Deke.

iu5lN5xYOK3-RTdwPwTM-K0cxSt61Q9xnVfIWS2L0WZh3tn3gBVwsZYMOsdqyFxTN4quFRZ1LkJaiFjdu-N2bw0kYd7IbMfPzUKq-IwOFWW1QsIwNTvbnGen

Wait Lord Pent? One of the greatest Mage Generals Etruria has ever had? No offense meant to Cecilia, but she is no Lord Pent. So Clarine and Klain are the children of a Legend...

Mo22PCkLG3YFd5UtuzKF2MBHmCvqc63mcWdksba9eQnGC04rCnOC8trHXHktgOgBX1EaCgovFbcmVbKCkU_zabfzsZSXC2IxMJgbSTvCqQtkrCowht-TOUgO

I doubt such petty foes would threaten them at all. If only those fools had angered the old Mage General enough for him to leave his retirement.

8JbSHzELMm6oObSYkrCgLKtWPuhxk7QJwaXoncTdd9ujy-Kb9UbGEvU0pudaMZeyLQPkfx3z3s1jB-Pa

You did just save him with your expert bow shot.

RUZLgaBNhIVsQM9kpBcSWs6uDWWcHyah24WGy-27N0S2ao2ho43hdv-hXaA08VgvqbGprl_F13FzHCfQ

What a curious interaction, there is clearly some tension hiding beneath the surface, just look at the wistfulness in Klain's eyes, but what is its cause, and what will become of it?

Well we pull Klain back to safety to keep him from crit killing his way into an early grave, heal back up Deke and pull the healer back as well, while Perceval

YyWMp0u5nA5GqV6CWO-0lZXB6F1e8RuxQyL4Y3p6

tries to chip down some of those dodgy nomads, while still leaving Shin as a juicy target in their range.

zko3puex8Z12j5LROVKysL5WX3ZsTvtr9-m7sJGj

These nomad troopers never learn do they, trying to take on Deke with a sword again. With all the dangerous nomad troopers attacking the bridge

kKtRtssyYZPYO5MoFMeuuXBpGdtV1PYgTwevzjJ8

Zeiss can go after some prime experience from the least dangerous kind of enemy in existence, a fool with the pointless Eclipse tome. I am sure he was trying to use it at some point, but nobody bothered noting it. Milady drags him back to safety after he misses one, and Fir

vm2OD0U950xH1Xvsm2kn8BzcHAlY9S8IFH8i-20e51z3TS75n_J63Ih12xJ5RxGL2cilB_bkRipF4ITY

chips her way to to an unlucky final level as a mere myrmidon. That leaves the foolish nomad trooper

sJM5HrMoNWAZkAJ6Zpp8crL5d99k0q7nhc5_dhqj

as an easy kill for Lilina

hCqcylICp2TH8HkYBGK9O1Zt2ZWVkIew9GDiVLfh

and luckily enough she learns from the nomad's most important feature. Well I pull her back to safety and have

JoFMCFuQixuv0SeKkcBqjqS7_Cj7oLApY2QHnQfq

Perceval plug up that hole, that leaves his bridge open for

Qu37toMcdfze196lFGgxvwOqTDkXRzl1O8oljVI1

Shin to start clearing out the nomads that had surrounded him

W9YUSpFzYYWeGyYEk4LoggqbFKs6sC8j4FoAxJKx

growing even deadlier and more accurate as he overcomes that reluctance to strike the lesser nomads, while Milady

62N2dfS7TcOzbdU4bvJeDg6R9AIT0sizWh9ZW4Dn

kills a swordsman and plugs up the other bridge.

KE355J3gqJoe5_4EAUhNC4pQtPspzgURDBYEGmj7

At this point we are fairly safe, the most dangerous nomad troopers have been taken out, and we are holding the bridges with walls these nomads can't break,

QCV_PzIvTohq64o3qtR1RcUWPj7cesUjx8SXj9Ky

and Fir finally becomes a swordmaster.

2JgLwtnogjWp2LlXnAwF0hwFBMVerZmpe9mj6Tpl

Zeiss finally gets that druid kill, and is rescued by his sister again. Now Raigh

J3sneRXGI_z5FBMUJlRPr6xrIGAWW--FJ7jVb1pZ

can sneak in a kill as well, while Milady gets danced

iEY0y9MpVn6YmstS2lKYoxtD77RPexFBZ1KYFim2

back into position to block the bridge.

5FdDPrbmix-ik00FUdWeRHQH1MVVysTbQ_bHyNcb

Shin even starts leaving our protective river for a kill, and

hT5qyeXQnccgqLBhTJjz4B_DdruHGF8K1ZpSDUkh

Bartre has time to congratulate his daughter on achieving sword mastery

naRlVLPKdoOIueLnpfVCxUBaUMZuLq2h0c8nWokpq-KPrYer8zQbSzeyi_6WNCzbTD0Reex4OQLKfy9irYeut-Yokc3YgAfnhG5ZcGTqDmPw2a_9m6r9ZKFBxbGskkjEY60SeFh-xRBkOPMYezi6j_KPu-VLCPuNcggjqW5KNlu9-icuoMd2g3lFnHt6tRsC_7Qvp7Kz

Especially now that she has promoted. I know Bartre is simply showing that he loves his daughter, bu-

tbh43O73Ahnw7j-yRjW0dHMVc8bZn-hvcGAHn88K49YbdktJkz8E0jVM8PGyFff5_ory67WGUJlCdrQg7WlypGaBLR4xSK93TZzj4gPD3IGDH08uJ1WFZKxv

...huh I guess he finally does recognize her skill. I was about to chastise him for not, but I nearly acted in undue haste.

GfTKZI5RWIokyY3inWPs6_jRaxmOHOJwyxsOqApBg48G8LyfGJqA3HDJxdJjhTj0TjsriWjGt19-KGYv

...awwww. How can you not feel for such a beautifully bitter sweet sentiment.

bAOR5jn-M-Gm0DxRY9ULRDkXyy6Ak93HHJRiw9vsuPrT9Poo9vFZNLbR97TGaYrWtbErA_hB52kzB93MMM5qXtVoqoqjFTJfvb5ObEypnNsUXvEPMeXzox2D1qpnYAkptZJ65SuqZNQ5k7ZMy9AURdnhH7BZetdVTkClH2QC9PJB_izd-A7txgGfiJ59Q7Y1js7cZc41

*sniff* *sniff* Bartre had as much need to grow as Fir, just in the skills of parenthood instead of swordsmanship, and I think they both promoted this chapter.

5bi3hkM2WjbWKghbGgP55t7SdbosWrumTSrt1uycCbM3CtpLEtV5QzljHVYEnIRHM0-H3JXToq9ScyQ86AXz2ItciInGkqPSCZKsWtOorbEqjwHA_VstntmnafKcUuYZH9BJoXAyRr8ZPZNAgc4xSr10FMzXCTtL

Just look at how she has grown. She is a full fledged swordmaster now, and a big part of that was having such a positive and loving father beside her all this time.

kT4A-1Sh49XQldFfwBbNDmiUpOG0KaZ0zBBVb6jOlI6XOXZWBL4tdw2MF4jgxxN_X4VkekbSME2ZFljR5sVckpXuKyeSL6fes6f53OQGyeyqlvsVSCegBz4W3Spdi4uzFpEews9EnxHN6D325e5OWJBq50udaLqIeW_7BPqqt-mTV8YNukevv8ayQm8QZqpChFYetEtrqep4fHsMgAB6xa292vjYO3w0Qu1IXDkjy018AwA-qTa-GSRvmFhA7z4G1jzDEvdpyB03HCHGFoKKqRph

...*sob* I know I am trying to stop as well, its just so...so...*sniff*

-just give me a minute to compose myself

Chapter 18 Part 2:

Spoiler

All right, I am fine now. Lets review the battle field

gwzApBagRFeTQWcKVoSBlIZmk7nb3lUhZP_amhq9

Perceval and Milady are holding the bridges, and the most dangerous enemies have been weeded out. That means we can

hA3G5X9_-puppDJ2yJIpuybvYTAtqhY6jfggLmEG

try for some kills on my less experienced troops. He misses and needs his sister to drag him out of the fire again, but Raigh

910tw9RgUF_JAqrBbvI_JHFFrd4kdrSGLHucFuf8

deletes one

I0cA_oDmcOrTERekDC1l3ftnn_P0cSb9IsnIZUEb

and Shin keeps carving his way into another.

QYjNQO172bUJ42FrMhF3E1CBJHVtcCLdyLR_GKXn

That should be good, everyone is out of-

Oh no, how did I miss this...Roy! I didn't mean to end it here, he needs to get out of the way! One of those nomads can...one of those nomads can...can...

...*phew*

he lives.

I think my heart stopped when that nomad attack him.

77t8mtbxeg9y22sMCMccBBz90fTOxsuZ-SWYHcw-

Zeiss goes for that kill again

StxVcdZR-t5k-nDEzVvo8WPlYDKTWtYz5adcaOj5

for absolutely disappointing growth. Milady needs to give her brother the room he needs to grow. So

VDrjdk7mXtG1C9tVrG7KaotOKEiedhMA0FnNbX1p

Roy chips the one that hit him, so

R8pyoLsZrG9yE4c85zIoi45nop1OLD8JazjMAaqq

Zeiss can get another kill after refreshing

SOj0NXaXkImsxP8d6kalyX0vwSM6DQa6jmeZww-6

and is honing skills that will help him in the Sacae, improved accuracy, and some extra defense in case an arrow ever strays his way. Milady chips the closer nomad

LRAFALtmxwpZ1eXDtdvJjcyI_t-Uf1hED3T7Mnk2thIhSsPPURRR1EPDi5-qKJpN3VXJE9hkdj6E2bAW

and has to emphasize her deadly skills. Now that lets Bartre

qiCpNA0ahZtjU_cegjXrfa2gBORbc3P6rV6mkTyR

nab an axe kill.

LVcThUKNIRn8-ATz7CYt__ZqeRiMAPaIHlKRsHKH

now there is another nomad coming from the south, the first of a small group of nomad that started farther off, but after some creative weapon trading to get everyone the ability to counter at range (cantoing away with the trader in Milady's case) Bartre gets a lucky crit on enemy phase to remove it. There are still more coming up so

2mqhZHZm9GLT6wCH9aGnlqYJHo0DaiXNrQbsaSBF

Milady tries for the crit, but no dice, so

2u93_zrH8XAxRkdhd2T_78ADTribYDBWnj9GV3krxIBQae_jtSZj9pSL7O_fHhpLvMBTFm5xDfU_A_eg

Shin has to deal with it (and trade Milady back to javelin), but before that

4QvKTezWGOkp3Vadh70twQPcsH8f3PZl0rvO4KeL

Raigh levels while healing Lord Roy, and is sharpening his skills while glaring at those shaman beyond the bridge (+1 skill +1 resistance). Speaking of which

phw6FEbEqwuHxZRbwurTnZCptgG6IHRTG57jXOEp

lets draw them in with Lilina.

Ql0dhcztoWWZkIYzIz-zFCORbGOfX9BcqejsAKI_

First its time to deal with the nomad trooper that came with the regular nomads. With the dangerous foe out of the way my scrubbier troops can

KYM5dT7mgZTsn5U7TLLoQLdYK9H8SwiCHlSWIARS

try to get

CLvyQDRoMuUkWuW5ZIsXh1D2E6Y_FhXrORUDF9HA

kills

nPyRJzWW_M4CX1_e4D4nJvinQjmM8PkKneCF_YW0

or simply work on that axe rank.

HSfycGirr6Ll1KHDGP4xSpZli4885-4rybw9y2Mj

That takes care of that. That last nomad gets close enough for

56dc5aN9qAvt9BLvtYy0tMTHcTivXeQ-MGiAv38g

to try for the kill, but once again his sister needs to bail him out

h2EeBX7cpvxZdpJDqRYj-mVvQkJd77xpwhVgxbHf

and Myrddin is getting faster at refreshing her after saving Zeiss for a return trip

R83jrXfwMwFTE_SkWQREn211S8t_4x7BiKStKb6r

to the front lines for that kill, as Shin

GaS2GkE6TRBTL6_Lcv1sp0ydbx5pmW4PZ_e32dEC

is preparing for the first group of reinforcements that arrived from the south. He wipes them away easily, and its time to draw in more enemies. Some of the Wyverns that have patiently waited over the mountains start advancing, so

0uBmQOWPinBsSHWH8b3DVc13RWo_fpeUpufaPMlD

Bartre prepares a surprise for one, and his daughter is ready to take on the Wyvern Lord foolish enough to only bring an axe breaker. Meanwhile Shin

hn5kllAdieIIWU-AxfDgtokzuhW_WvAqZEXdyWVz

is drawing in this nomad trooper that is leading a group of reinforcements from the far south.

jrHeut2AD2nF758NpEyEmhw77oavV60G3yG-JJUM

That deals with one Wyvern

xI8KFubQLbCgIJ4ml356mBZciD8-otBVQyhyR4PS_O0hLJ6bmwtcAS0kF30Md-HMcbaTUiHxjF3mWSMc

and there goes the other. Unfortunately

EL3ABPPYrDLxHYmOA_cAdT0bQzRMaw8a3KYHA9zm

he got luck on the return hit necessitating the heal. Back with the nomad trooper, Shin managed to chip it enough

f6-r9ayvhVDnQ_s71TDftHeg0Y4J1G7RvrXK6sP-

for Zeiss to claim a kill. Now more Wyvern have arrived from the mountain, and while rescuing Zeiss back further with Shin, Milady drops him and cantos back into dancing range so she can be close enough to help deal with

VVRd--MaaLDbdA5-luaUQ3f2ya2NP385TXqQN0bB

this incoming group.

kHfXG-_DmkxrEZkTlNj5cyQ6iO56D11s8jLjKmlF

she gets the drop on one while the rest of the troops prepare for their advance, while Shin

Zyr2COBbVgkJgYWTqN0q2MvSMIdnxXxPuaWhyiHr

is ready to enemy phase the nomad reinforcements that came from the far south. Now Bartre

HZkpA3BCdo0w12jDtnUI7xeJrlrkAtSB8sgrMXlx

fails to grow as a warrior, even as he grows as a father while killing one Wyvern, unlike

xWUiqM_hDvDGsMtE30f1QlABgLmbmOsjR1n1L7Mn

who is honing the accuracy and dodginess that makes nomad trooper infamously dangerous. The last Wyvern dies to Milady, while Shin

hKVvdoTPBmMTzHc4Ha1etShfJEO5brD0gZVFN3yu

prepares for more nomads from the south west. He manages to save one for

S_2ii4pzPhZy0VbDUfsj9oFgXW_pdFOWgLADaO7zRYaxldVatA_SaIDBim89A8E2RjwfwYGJBBGb1rxb

Raigh and Zeiss to take out

lPQ6y3VtObmkJCJQHk-yxESj9eC1VBWe3gsRNS3f

and Zeiss is really working on that shaky accuracy of his.

sKTFVvB5uSKqWZ8M468v45YgvAFB7VjPAjGf4HyT

another group coming from the south, and he softens him up for

mItjyG8_ZFox6_y_yCnxApxcIai08pZ0V2ZdBekPa0wjWU0cxtoyNjeBUE-kVXkDbh6KkCxQ0G8JLvT3

both to miss meaning

zPGDSkRS9m6O7T0ocQKCpU8F1pAYr4xMwkNdpbyF

Milady has to fix their mistake.

Rc2ytU1g5Fq_UgPj9EhxTqSnBtTYFtNWUoESsgm6

fortunately he was way ahead of the other nomads.

V8xYoBxreAJqFRS8KL3xDvyWrpjfzokM20OC8ku3

we let them get a little closer instead of having Shin deal with them, as his bow supply is running a little low. You might have notice him injuring things that he could have killed before, that was him conserving his better bows. That lets Deke

lnHSEMqLBwHScYYi_WqHM-hfD4fAVHQBWbC5IgV1qp2jM2F3UcHyER2hn2S7DnD42Y87ki0lDF27LK48

feed Zeiss a kill, and Raigh

5oh5mRvjH_dKIyhJdR8SwIFGHL6SL9K6dQ3XA4-pKg3AQPw31bZiRyj5yNApXquhLRaIPlGljNF-LQcu

feed Fir another.

hGDcRqwfdNJRqZQUdyE8y2KgisWoRn6FBoGls6A8

Shin's power still feels necessary to deal with those deadly troopers. the most distant nomad lives, so Deke

XG-xj8Rcvt0bEkWGcOjOskOpbB58Lhhazrkq_G3b

tries to feed another kill

OQj1W_SsHDUq_hieICP7Ir-lC4M9l-ZdPGUhhrYB

to Zeiss. He lives the crit, and he can't get close enough for a better option so he goes for it, but Raigh

aoO_8BYWYnfKLAQ5Sw7tn5tPFtZja1BokPiZiQqj

has to get the kill instead. While all this action is happening just beyond the yurt, closer to the bridges

ttAkeXTTCXfGF2GqJmSh_8a_WN9VWXOjGheL3OePCt0VviMR78PapdBchl5RV_5rIpLdr2fbMz7Q60JY

mentor and pupil have the time to reconnect.

uW5OOFFHkcbB39oz5XxTNc9pxml4GroIm7TljRx3JsfogJW-qhBm8PE6uUwL8Z2jBz24IhlvdtrQivGV

That seems a fair assessment of her abilities. If only her speed had as much potential.

y871PgFYxeCJTbLXBrbJoWQbrJOIp9DrLbrrMMNiog1fjxJGW1C7muigyuN9XFvEnKqNgluLOK1EFCNWsSVJ0EYPzDmIjPz-il-Sux241Wb5utwEbXDPAOGm

To give Cecilia credit, while she cannot match Pent on the battlefield, she is certainly a greater teacher than he ever was, or will be.

7Q5I9BvhtU5UmFrUTZZGvONSAWyFQsK9chFjQoS6

More reinforcements from the south

teaUNOxZ68Iz_7TMRPkKY_41AX6hlD0AwoiaIkPsj5j2tD2N43Rmb0bIcWmPTZqYoUNuXfdlQcYXLAts

Which Zeiss manages to kill, but he is squandering his potential a bit. There are still more reinforcements coming in

OzCg2tisIvtgEtfY2X7JYIXQY2V-9TlBSu1fw60q

with more Wyvern from the north

BFCbsPChwqbEHkdrMVcrktWLCBQrPXs9z11Tadvr

and the rest of the trooper's nomad squad still approaching.

6QfOkL6E38kd4CM_oxvxdVEJ-0znC3kPIUwJo87P

Shin will kill any that try to go for him, and Bartre should coax one into letting him chip the other down.

XPXhDyICNadgqS2nGTROfNjmLBQ1Btnc1Sv-1Jxw

We should be able to get the drop on these Wyverns.

Bartre missed his nomad, so

10KPTaJBppiwDj-dWB96BlUFVv9se1ub3XaD-SDM

Deke chipped him down for

YuHJ5sV-V0GM7MAZY_jrlgNuWRDOPeOi9ZL7jpHN

another Zeiss kill. With the nomads dealt with Bartre

lactX2QE1iXvQ7rm8IHBxvz149kSb137DjFxhNRB

chips a Wyvern like he should have done to the nomad, so Zeiss

xq88dLFxUoq9J6IydUSR2a4laz8Sh_3nbSkiqI4g

can take him out. Then Fir

fC3MjFGK7v9pdUdG_Y12pvOcTObJ1JLR7J8jry2_

gets the critical kill on the next letting

5_Clsim4e0l7ndyCt3CFYBcqSXFpy1JCZFz3N8Z_

Lilina easily air caliber the last. That is the last of the reinforcements that come, but there are still a few enemies that have waited for our approach, so I send Zeiss off to deal with them while the rest of my troops prepare for the Kurultai.

bk-ZLPJvahqdIfU6abXCxuqBpjvanRmEOeznl7G-

he can deal with the wyvern fairly well

tw1lLElunSrbS6g1VPyEgpy3lP5qGwPoSsoe46cE

and is getting even more accurate and harder to kill.

Kr1NJcUONXpuCFdu0M_rYCbu9pe4VbaRYOxSNbAF

He does a little worse against the Lancereaver myrmidon, but he takes it down just fine. Now there are two ways to deal with this, if we can take down Monke quickly enough it will be a fait accompli, victory before they can even respond. The number just aren't with us, with the dodge from the throne pushing my best kill chances need three hits with accuracies in the 40s-50s or lucky criticals...if I dance for anyone attacking Monke, Roy wouldn't be able seize before their response... time for the diplomatic approach then. We have just enough troops to send a representative to each of the Yurts

H5O_HNex0kMPwDyrs7B-AIc3vCAm5o6NAngJEYxcK2sHTDWbuvfRhOe4Eit4qLId0sjxK4fI6Zov2mJF

and as Shin informs me is traditional in such things one enters the circle

s1ftptZsz0af55RGmh2L-s5wN3Mvxqw2T7iOCVBy

as we all enter the yurts

Gjevln5oT0fsp74CR6G2kTryhlMR0BKr--ryfUo7

I have no idea how long this could possibly take, so just to be overwhelmingly certain

LwDX8RxgXaoqo4AuJFZTockHMubFk-AkAD8eJgPaXOPG3brcoc9Qd7ohMmrXMiGZRbTQ63iFH680Endj

I wait a very long time. Finally

lvDetE6wYfhQrEwiB16NP2W9IkiVsncQrxDVuBrE

Shin makes his move.

2Qs-nrFSJeyEx_4XhN9gE8jkovNImxULBXSWOx1-VNGTkRB7gXRXlF14ZAd4RZlkbkCRxq7ks93CmTd6

Don't worry Shin, vengeance will be had this day.

dtbj1JNirrfX8vqx2bbQdqyz100fxRb9adFOzsgm

He needs healing in case this fails.

KdP9SJmiDLI4wvkvvbXLDUW9hDXYTCVGN70aNTvW

Milady misses one shot just like Shin.

2MeVyVF8OTB6YH9PRDJDISVrib04Cg3XYhP0LnjLm8N-xOVTYNBg5h-Kkyve9W0HFTsz7zIqSQ_TuxJ-

Hopefully our diplomatic efforts have disarmed this trap, and going under that assumption

SFKy2n6jzw3hT0OvAJfXJXjjUqI9CKKjgrFKWsS6q96FIQw1NV5cwaUbtfZdMCF_CGKeMTV8cQ3qrKLt

I go for the kill.

ISUrw6qt1g9uRE7vBMnTuS7GvoFlDFSgn63We3la

You could never escape the vengeance of the Kutolah, even with your trap.

wsfioBAoVS28Q4UXHUSh2y-qy-SO9tMGS7DyXbKa

The satisfaction of personally seeing this justice done has driven Shin to even greater heights.

wF7wglRltf8TCVZ9B9PgznImd0L6zE2NZHx1k5k3

I have done my best to make sure that even if our diplomatic efforts failed, it can't derail our plans too much, but if nomad troopers start spilling forth we are loosing someone important.

4RKDktmG7R2fDER_mJpdPrJGMmDb01Ko2rxpvkxP

*Phew*, it worked.

6hgkSbyeWKTo6I6R_Gvee0u1WRiG23ZvyS9KmDO-

"No kidding Merlinus."

ucJ2ncHtq4VpyppIu8NW1dNIDkZ3TSeTxCfZHEOcpH98e5Jr5rv2-H12lPjhaNvWT2u_HZYKmhcDsgO1Ap2w5oeeFV3dNLdpF4WH6fcFOzuETeeG_W5oVCKF

"You are certainly right, but for now they are scattered to the plains, and we must press our advantage before they recover."

iRKb6FqtsZZz29ZnVjJzJWzorObOtFdC2FLvb9jZ6b1dLNhdDZDhxRkr4Y9pAWSeYDuTpbbX5stx9azmU2Q7jS4s0nip8IEeqJse4A8CXUzZQtGnl2tibpIv

"If I were a betting man our next target will be Bulgar, as its walls make it the most defensible place on the plains, and thus a likely place for Bern to use as their base of operations in the Sacae."

BWu-2qLYrXje6KMdXPfvPgL88QRHVNwPgmydqVVp

...I can read that look, and I have some correspondences to read and respond to...but curiosity has gotten the better of me, I think I will leave this on and pick it up in a few minutes.

"Lord Roy, I have an urgent message that needs attending, so please excuse me"

S2axGCvkN2ScpzL1ONaT5e4IGYCnLASit9pcVA475NPApaKBfpLJwzOF-2yudcfeX-Fwa-dHQ6286MUYUwlWvn5PUUZwpCeF5bormviRj2Of3ZuoNBBrSD4JZ2GM44I-z_gCq7dZz7Cy-u7Dwt4SS4l-Tb51IAFCzmKL3Ea9Io2mDKvyY_yUJXz0tr1pDq36qGawU8NHYSo7MARSBgZZXDHhofFBPE4I8BphsXzrAiUmuvHAoDiL5fgCWVisxJmsBnMo6rg6-L32tA_K0fe2gqw97zWVBJUbd4CCUKYAq7CM-qDRnCHLAwwyUvYTlDetROUvRL4_2sXkiLREUlQApriOGqyhvCv6J51lnUW8YBT76n1lCkKWPf0IqyAgbSVbAhZuB93Zmhr1cdSHLOrJ8hJHJegQh00GMCD1hEuF9lqj7gAdrgEz3j_5R0GIJmH_vnpcDSU_YlMaaP4CqVN1JU8BSO_8O63kXnQU0XRw5BYqxgQlvpDQk0u5F12YqVWXO3FXpqNIT8W1PlHGKN3UvwxvAKx_Vif_t6EQD91cZuxyGrkNSNIdbBGi84S6yVdvm4lkSE4OEu7yt09WDHz7gCbZZrN7X2HEpMLM6h2VPprDDoQzIY7vjp4whMaKE9BYAkdZUKy_7EDsYLn3WZTjyRJuQC9h4zUUjXxJx9jMH0r8xrMq6yE55vmXxjQiiY-cKecXNYiqMYO7AsL56AwSjYV5K-rVeZ80Xx5MDglOO8Q3yIEJc-FEcgcG

"Lord Roy I hate to have to intrude, but I..."

jqt_2bQyeTtmLz3PX8XECoLjkcA0VWQJ3WbdcB3A

"Have we interrupted something?"

zxXCjEWxHH5O2Xu9cJPO-sS0g2ypnmOiiPRaV9m4PaxnqUpEAFqQxI8APKWMSwbNcra-pnuj47AWVoo0ppTEH56LKHzKrVZ2DTNcHXWN4eB0g521466qaJpJVA9v99Jq1GepzTQE-WcSGTbusvNS02SJ_2jqoHKQ

"I knew the Bernese would be holed up in there"

-r25Ru6Lvn6jlCnuH4-Dgq0yt7NRngJOD-nWi7yKURF-IOIdC-S3OOmfYGd9AicTiTuRZjjIpfTvTvF1wAhoIXUKT4lbzIlLGgEwYO3_7z4lYioNvvm8GAs6

"I hate to have to say it, but you must do so without me, Bishop Yoder has asked for my aid in retrieving the Spear of Ice, a legend of Illia that the bishop has uncovered. Farewell, and may the blessings of St. Elmine be with you all."

tWRMxYVnFV9LNHbbQgyT5Uoj3blvFXFIaKqvXY_y

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To give Cecilia credit, while she cannot match Pent on the battlefield, she is certainly a greater teacher than he ever was, or will be.

Because you think Erk sucks? I don't get this part

I have no idea how long this could possibly take, so just to be overwhelmingly certain

LwDX8RxgXaoqo4AuJFZTockHMubFk-AkAD8eJgPaXOPG3brcoc9Qd7ohMmrXMiGZRbTQ63iFH680Endj

I wait a very long time. Finally

LMAO WTF??

"I hate to have to say it, but you must do so without me, Bishop Yoder has asked for my aid in retrieving the Spear of Ice, a legend of Illia that the bishop has uncovered. Farewell, and may the blessings of St. Elmine be with you all."

Lol it literally felt like you played 10 million chapters and no one else has in a long time... who's next btw?

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Because you think Erk sucks? I don't get this part

Naw Erk is incredibly average, which makes him by far the least interesting to use of all the mages in his game. Meanwhile Lillina on average hits the higher 30 magic cap of Binding Blade, and might actually have the opportunity to use the S rank tome of her game (although that more a fault with the terrible execution of FE7 S rank weapons). A lot of people prefer Lugh for his speed, but people still use Lilina for her absurd magic. Plus the supports Cecilia has with both Roy, and Lilina emphasize her skill as a teacher, while I don't think Pent and Erk support shows him and his teaching skills in as good of light.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

LMAO WTF??

Yeah that was kinda overkill, but in all seriousness I have NO IDEA how the randomly spawning nomads actually work, and was just kinda hoping they stop at some point.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Lol it literally felt like you played 10 million chapters and no one else has in a long time... who's next btw?

It should be @eclipse. Unfortunately it has been very hard to get player to stick with this project, and a lot of people have bailed on their first turn, so its been a lot of back and forth between the two of us.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Naw Erk is incredibly average, which makes him by far the least interesting to use of all the mages in his game. Meanwhile Lillina on average hits the higher 30 magic cap of Binding Blade, and might actually have the opportunity to use the S rank tome of her game (although that more a fault with the terrible execution of FE7 S rank weapons). A lot of people prefer Lugh for his speed, but people still use Lilina for her absurd magic. Plus the supports Cecilia has with both Roy, and Lilina emphasize her skill as a teacher, while I don't think Pent and Erk support shows him and his teaching skills in as good of light.

Ok.

Yeah that was kinda overkill, but in all seriousness I have NO IDEA how the randomly spawning nomads actually work, and was just kinda hoping they stop at some point.

LOL I imagine those "diplomats" being like

"I'm staying here for you guys to chill"

"Leave us alone please"

"No"

"please"

"no"

"please" (etc.)

It should be @eclipse. Unfortunately it has been very hard to get player to stick with this project, and a lot of people have bailed on their first turn, so its been a lot of back and forth between the two of us.

I wish I could help... wait a minute... I mean I've never beaten FE6 before so I'm scared of trying it... maybe, I'll look into it if possible, because right now I have schoolwork online and I don't want to put too much to do, though it's almost over so I'll be able to respond with certainty.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'll assume the save is posted somewhere in this topic?  If so, I'll get to it (later).

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade.sav

It is, and to make it easier to find, this should be the most recent. I have also been keeping the save on the first page up to date as well.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is, and to make it easier to find, this should be the most recent. I have also been keeping the save on the first page up to date as well.

Gotcha, thanks!  I'll just wander over to the first page next time.

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Update:

I've been recruited into making face masks (badly, I might add).  Will need an extension for this.

Take the time you need. If you have some idea of how much time you will need, I would appreciate it if you would share that.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I wish I could help... wait a minute... I mean I've never beaten FE6 before so I'm scared of trying it... maybe, I'll look into it if possible, because right now I have schoolwork online and I don't want to put too much to do, though it's almost over so I'll be able to respond with certainty.

I probably should have said this earlier, but a lot of it feels enough like a humble brag that I felt a little uncomfortable sharing. We are further than I have ever gotten on a FE6 hard mode run. To be fair a big part of that is before starting this (and the FE6 Sadist draft) the last time I played FE6 was over a decade ago. I wasn't the most confident in my abilities here, especially after it became clear I would be facing some of the most infamous chapters of FE6, chapter 7, and possibly even chapter 14 (someone ended up dropping before their turn so that one ended up on Eclipses shoulders) and even recently with chapter 18 Sacae. That being said if you come into this game prepared it will treat you fairly, and I don't go into my play sessions blind. I tend to look over the map on Fire Emblem WoD, and when there is a map that has a time limit, or that I am worried about, the week before I get the save I will take some time to watch someone like Mangs or Poledoo (really any youtuber who is willing to show themselves fail at Fire Emblem, and sometimes at increased speed if it is a long enough map) to get a feel for how the map flows, and the things that either tripped them up, or that they worried about, or specifically prepared for. I also tend to watch the DonDon151 0% growths LTC video on the map, although more to see if he has some extremely indepth knowledge that might help, or to get ideas for potential opening or tricks, but most of the strategies he uses tend would be to be too dangerous, or precise to seriously try to use on this kinda run. Additionally the rule about resetting a map if Roy dies, without penalty is there to make it a bit easier on those who aren't as experienced with FE6. If you don't have the time that is fine, but don't let your fear of facing an FE6 ironman deter you, combat it with knowledge.

25 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Take the time you need. If you have some idea of how much time you will need, I would appreciate it if you would share that.

Assuming all hell doesn't break loose (or I get way better at this sewing business), I should have something by next week Wednesday.

Spoiler
19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I probably should have said this earlier, but a lot of it feels enough like a humble brag that I felt a little uncomfortable sharing. We are further than I have ever gotten on a FE6 hard mode run. To be fair a big part of that is before starting this (and the FE6 Sadist draft) the last time I played FE6 was over a decade ago. I wasn't the most confident in my abilities here, especially after it became clear I would be facing some of the most infamous chapters of FE6, chapter 7, and possibly even chapter 14 (someone ended up dropping before their turn so that one ended up on Eclipses shoulders) and even recently with chapter 18 Sacae. That being said if you come into this game prepared it will treat you fairly, and I don't go into my play sessions blind. I tend to look over the map on Fire Emblem WoD, and when there is a map that has a time limit, or that I am worried about, the week before I get the save I will take some time to watch someone like Mangs or Poledoo (really any youtuber who is willing to show themselves fail at Fire Emblem, and sometimes at increased speed if it is a long enough map) to get a feel for how the map flows, and the things that either tripped them up, or that they worried about, or specifically prepared for. I also tend to watch the DonDon151 0% growths LTC video on the map, although more to see if he has some extremely indepth knowledge that might help, or to get ideas for potential opening or tricks, but most of the strategies he uses tend would be to be too dangerous, or precise to seriously try to use on this kinda run. Additionally the rule about resetting a map if Roy dies, without penalty is there to make it a bit easier on those who aren't as experienced with FE6. If you don't have the time that is fine, but don't let your fear of facing an FE6 ironman deter you, combat it with knowledge.

Well I was planning on beating FE6 NM after I'm done with what I'm playing right now, so I don't think I'll be able to join, sorry, I mean it!

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Me last week: "Hey, I should have some free time this weekend."
Reality: "Yeah, that's cute."

Will attempt this tomorrow, assuming that work doesn't blow up in my face.  I'm stuck at home, and busy.  Help.

This looks fun! However, as Eltosian Kadath has seen, I probably shouldn't be getting near this topic with a 45-foot pole with my lack of skills; however, I have no life plenty of time to play, so if you'll have me, I guess I can try! 

Is getting Miledy killed by a generic soldier a bannable offense?

6 hours ago, Benice said:

This looks fun! However, as Eltosian Kadath has seen, I probably shouldn't be getting near this topic with a 45-foot pole with my lack of skills; however, I have no life plenty of time to play, so if you'll have me, I guess I can try! 

Is getting Miledy killed by a generic soldier a bannable offense?

If you want to join feel free. Do you want the play session just after Eclipse finishes hers, or do you want to take the risk that at least one of us gets a gaiden and take the one after. Don't worry too much about deaths, that is just a part of playing Ironman (although losing Milady before the last gaiden would be tragic, with how close we are to the true ending)

Edit: for now I have you listed as the play session after Eclipse

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

Me last week: "Hey, I should have some free time this weekend."
Reality: "Yeah, that's cute."

Will attempt this tomorrow, assuming that work doesn't blow up in my face.  I'm stuck at home, and busy.  Help.

I am just going to update the schedule to give you another week (and if its needed I can just keep doing that). Things  have been chaos for everyone in these times, and hopefully you have more free time soon.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you want to join feel free. Do you want the play session just after Eclipse finishes hers, or do you want to take the risk that at least one of us gets a gaiden and take the one after. Don't worry too much about deaths, that is just a part of playing Ironman (although losing Milady before the last gaiden would be tragic, with how close we are to the true ending)

Edit: for now I have you listed as the play session after Eclipse

All right! I suppose that means I'll have Murdock's...Oh dear...I'll do my best, and that's all I can say. Thanks!

Update: This will bleed into tomorrow.  Here's a slight spoiler of what's happening in Chapter 19:

Spoiler

VG9ca7u.png

Someone didn't want to follow the quarantine orders.