Fire Emblem 6 Ironman Succession Game COMPLETE

Eltosian Kadath

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

By the time I arrived Bishop Yoder was already dead.

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Deke is pulling out the axes to chip this foe in the hope he learn to use Armads, as Bartre...

Man, I totally nailed it!

No deaths this chapter!

Also, I absolutely deny buying an Energy ring for Fir. I absolutely totally definitely spent it all on boots.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for getting this out so late, kinda got caught without internet for a few days before I could finish this. Also splitting this one into two parts just in case.

Chapter 22 part 1

Spoiler

ACtC-3dbG0AOAQU-OEKDcnluSEeRHnOp_DDCpq87ACtC-3cvOvBfV3pwbO93pGNVPTwTBZ7BQWkemwQW

Once again I am called on to break one of the great cities. Odd as it sounds I think Ostia was still the greatest of those hurdles. I didn't think so at the time, I was filled with such naive hubris in my youth. Heh, this war really has taken its toll on me hasn't it, I am speaking about events far too recent to view with such retrospection.

ACtC-3cqCm-SHRQWIbH2-CqH5tsxMcFYb6bkX-D7ACtC-3ep9LTzZPhMlkrgAgmOpnZfh4R6jIR9YRkd

Hopefully its as simple as that, Wyvern General Brunja still has an army in field, although it hasn't moved to intercept our march, threaten our supplies, or fortify the city. This may be a bit foolish, but I am feeling nostalgic for the scouting I would do before...

ACtC-3f3VnOWyjsmMX4xkwsT16Wmq7JkVvOX46tHACtC-3caOQwor76uQ1hQ1Z4BkVQsfa5QvukYtAkC

That was reckless, but I managed to get here ahead of the army, moving at the pace news of our victory took.

ACtC-3dqxbFlk8me8ol3g9EDCKRFgK3HKwJG_rUTACtC-3czaY8sCyvLVLHAdC4rflN12CluygYkdsvMACtC-3c2T340Th09dEI2uYL35siWCNDxZCOdrKDnACtC-3ckXfXQrDQzHBmGgDwRNStRMDNn1zfBe2Ji

Strange. Brunja's army and Zephiel's royal guards should be able to man both easily, to abandon the city without a fight...

Does Zephiel want to die?

ACtC-3fAwarmvzpfYOtUwZqOwBp7DHDYpb1al8BpACtC-3dIv80o6A6kKDLdGlO0sFKAcBNZdLckRztjACtC-3dmSpY0PfSztfd7oUOFLASJ2vNgtfVkMvEvACtC-3cMrocm3h8CKf3uGDyxkJ2e6rNySN5Wy_4I

I am glad I got here in time to learn this. If Zephiel is saving Brunja's army to strike us with surprise on her side it could become a disaster. Perhaps his plan is to trap us between the castle and Brunja's besieging army, with the city itself prepared to trap us.

ACtC-3fB1HXjelzvwAAoLJy_qdri8lVh-j4T8rcVACtC-3eeQGhyHn9SI0AFTLn6G6FD-HvoOLTg50GvACtC-3f0GvnZbKMhEdnxxb6vS4o58lQeoCw35LARACtC-3eZtvtMfyeDdyD7HRAExgy_PSoY9sovndvNACtC-3fXQAw7yjdtAsuqe50HNVdGoxYARsObhYsIACtC-3c-KtOk0k27jzcJH-Z4ul-YItSmvbjoQ4uNACtC-3f4sw_QxuSuGXFDmDam3vAmmhyXunD8k1x1

...Zephiel's dark priestess? Why is he sacrificing himself for her? Does he truly think his guards can break us without Brunja's army?

Is it love that binds him so? Madness? Religious reverence? Or does she hide some secret weapon that could turn the tide despite his fall...

ACtC-3f8m_4DGLEj5ZeuSEtYgh7KgjBG6GOoljyuACtC-3cwNf9GxrGm1yhjAe6qThhnemaHRurbIcePACtC-3cpv-mVH1zGoi8efz5zeZw5VAbFVsBxGrPsACtC-3ezgTGS03kqOseBWs-pZxZu1PXsGcTQsMDDACtC-3dhwcRblYVRw88CeZQLRMwMZ15I_t3zC1zv

It's hard not to admire the loyalty and pride of the Bernese generals, but Brunja will be denied that which Peres himself was denied before, and for the same reason. We have pressed the Bernese army to the point that they can't afford the luxuries of a noble sacrifice, and those that would wish to be with the leaders they most admire in their final hours must instead act to mitigate our victories.

ACtC-3dj2edA-QhqVUEmuLgZpKtoK6FgaGGXh2ZkACtC-3ewDWBhOD-EQYxcrXLLZ8Z_7Gz9LTw04q6aACtC-3cbxMhzdoPgSjAI9cn8_vRlbxv90BtwMKNZACtC-3frzB4FJ2glKKCR8_RjSVsO6qD9mtVnyY70

Poor Brunja. She looks as if his words struck her like a sword, her hopes and dreams bleeding out before us.

ACtC-3fTGcf1Sxk03t9cn19kVhgZ9TYe3m3BquPyACtC-3fTrteUz3ElayGphhdR185YXPsczXzHvhNJACtC-3fI3cmnmJu-iUToUejg0CIDGS_lk4xW6e8BACtC-3cv48ViUAmlIZWey1Pn_W5NX4kx_aeDgf2GACtC-3ewmvzy5VQ-duvRdkTKGAHyNAxr55Mpp1i4

...How? I don't understand.

I suppose him abandoning the city, and squandering his own army's strength by sending Brunja away will make taking Bern even easier, but there is still a lot of preparations to be made to take castle Bern.

ACtC-3dpPZ8qlaRUawH0_jXwZriF3LbZ-jO5yDySACtC-3dO-HX-C_va7ei1LQaxC3roT7WiOdM3blw2

We should be able to field a much larger army than we did below the Shrine of Seals. I start with that core of 10, Klein, Dayan, and Niime are still powerful enough to help out, while I consider two thieves, I think I can get away with a chest key to deal with raiding the treasures on one side, so just Astore is coming along for the other side, leaving two more troops I can field. Noticing we still have a Knight's Crest, I decide to field one of the cavs, if nothing else the movement and rescue-dropping capabilities can help, but which? I rather like Noah, and he has slightly better stat, but Allen has been friends with Roy since early on, and giving Roy a little bit of moral support is better than anything either of their physical abilities could accomplish at this point. The last spot is a bit of a gamble, during my scouting I identified a berserk staff among the enemy, and I don't have the restore staff uses to deal with it, now Fae's draconic powers give her one of the better shots at avoiding status than most of our troops, and even if she is berserked, we should be able to outrun the pace of her stubby wing (and even if she does catch us, her utter lack of combat training should keep it from being too dangerous).

ACtC-3f4MLBM68fic7UrmAs-_AHzp12xBg07cCV7ACtC-3cUTCMTligp-IVbQCq5OkKMA8JbPuT8zfLpACtC-3cZ9zyEy4Y6skIflDjhm-Jhh9L4enqavYco

Such devotion, but the way they defend those switches shows us their importance. Often the greatest form of security is obscurity.

ACtC-3c1Z68wgfrm-kxhtfGmwNxwZcRdIg8BgE11ACtC-3eT4JrKRk7274v4QuPDjcajYu0ZfXBXXyseACtC-3fiWeolzuLPcjE8IsROzMBREc0kU3YwVnbmACtC-3fqkitHZmrudJrwbJGiF9NdJryB6Z5aKpI1ACtC-3dx9DslNjxuqdRe1UxegWxsk2iTU5aUUv_RACtC-3ecNRYkh-_9NRl_Em_xPYp6gcKCkiy4lq9m

"I think I have pin pointed their location, but we will need to split our forces to approach them both in a timely fashion"

ACtC-3c1JlwJ3LszAG1mUUbbiv3SHyqPu7mWlQzBACtC-3cwwuyvqQcrPw5MT_7UxkkNDTPkyxKlWRS4ACtC-3c46PhYzRGktgRXDs5kPyVFIXH6Q1LFePCRACtC-3fVtcNF0cPKu-xcHDX22U7Wl6ZBjLOpDz7gACtC-3d55M8O_PMjsDaUh1K1mmUJeE_VyDYHNPGqACtC-3dSAxMvDlIR1dDzaTibg0GPq7CygWiQD3u7

"Stellar information gathering Merlinus, it surpasses even my own effort with that bit of knowledge"

ACtC-3e4JhPCqiTLt09s48i-IjDTPp0JpcM3yYraACtC-3esp1Qhd-Bvs09QVt0F58PpPBK_qJde7n_AACtC-3cNFEpQy9FP5RoGcQisYMbDcwwqojvW0AAaACtC-3c96E-YwkGpwgQaT900th8GEUOBzKUYUmm9ACtC-3e3KA9McSTyxZzBMZlnd4wXwQBjabJOUU4l

"To corroborate that the enemy are positioning themselves to protect two point of otherwise little significance, unless they hold these switches"

ACtC-3d-FF3ZcYB0oGyY5GLj5M7htyy-KITi2pYrACtC-3e1UFovPLacb2b8BtCpN6wp37G75lVxzaHI

Alright let's get started, first how to split our forces

ACtC-3fFwLtrVUlwqq_4mas-Ayqx0wrKTzxPyxpsACtC-3eL4IK_z2-L7urTVMXIVBD-VcAjV4mE6Eda

We need to split our forces to reach those switches, but where to send each unit is a difficult choice. We have a bit more room in the east, so that is where I will put my weaker forces (Astore, Fae, and Allen) but we still need to split the powerful core between the two strike forces. I decide on Roy, the Wyvern Lords, Saul, and Raigh in the east, and Shin, Perceval, Deke, Fir, and Lilina in west, with Dayan and Klain to compensate for the weaker physical ranged attacks in the east, and Niime in the west to give both sides two healers/mages.

ACtC-3eeL9Epx2wKV2zd6qUY7ErjGRFHgbFbXhmvACtC-3cYX2EiW33XpYuCWPKOGjQXNQsqZL5xKYJr

This should help him keep up with our forces.

ACtC-3dBpj1le3eLKbCDp26i3Q--h8S64v-RHNNBACtC-3cn0oYsr_HtvFVIG20QU8QPjrbZNP3Mwn86

We advance with Milady drawing in the nearest enemies in the east.

ACtC-3d1zob6qdcIDwcuyONFJXtwaXPissfhNAGA-ACtC-3c8HjOT2Egz_9DV4OtaFfSf4XXFcvT5e3Mw

Speaking of whi-

ACtC-3cT71aHQ279DNjrbbojX1BKwYzZhq6Zlvyf

...sigh. Lets deal with this duo's counterparts in the west.

ACtC-3clERAVSyn1czkdSvh7jAq3kANAzGq22gGnACtC-3fxC6ub143R7NQI_vra1aqoo4VreySRTwWn

Yeah I know Fir could have done it alone, but Deke is still working on that axe rank, plus he kept her from facing a counter.

ACtC-3dRuJ-pRgpIH_6-Y-pYaaS1TUa_yEzT1wKG

That should clean up the sniper as well. Now back in the east

ACtC-3d-mBjoQr8Vsos7OkQVOv2gBl8nwAFUN29Y

Raigh clears the path for Astore to start approaching the treasures of Bern. Now for that sniper

ACtC-3ch0qfP25MGw2SWtoieOJ1s0_5sF6qVHa30ACtC-3etHJorElu9oeKCMdPLul0wXKf4jzsYINAk

Things are going almost too well, especially with that Berserk staff yet to fire off. I think its time to start drawing in some of those range threats, so Zeiss

ACtC-3f3bvs3G2KaDe0iCdiPAfYva0qBItPTsmw5ACtC-3evNHeKInMi0Rqder6eLeNKmbl2V1CRyrxX

gets just beyond the range of the next sniper, while Milady lures him in with a javelin. Now I don't quote have the room to take out the mercenary without drawing range fire from across the wall, so

ACtC-3caKpue7TDPqKwZzotAvSV5Fi5AnEI5v8xC

Dayan and Allen rescue-drop Saul out of reach.

ACtC-3dAgRJ4eLJdyWM1uaBVyzsqWHsvq3KHaRyoACtC-3cKJL6SxGVM5Z2ErsNnmxsvUCHzH1gH-IR0

Percival is drawing in the next mercenary in the west, while Raigh is drawing in a druid he should be able to deal with

ACtC-3cBJTgaJF117-ucTQVmoEabdHQhegOE6yMeACtC-3ePvJs6C9_yUp-NONK_WDsLoW6NuJg_mH-XACtC-3cmtmKfHm4Sp9L0MW3Iyf1dsxOdHGOD-FMoACtC-3cxLTvkDqZDgA7TPgzTlhQnjr8ErY37HAKeACtC-3d_sI0Tvh4KdUbFUPIpHuaMzw0UuqEYcNjE

That was a busy enemy phase, but a lot of enemies are in ki-

ACtC-3cwXPTG7CbRt-FW9M-pch_xXPMS_NRlHq3NACtC-3cQIsAo6VztBgpXMmZtoetQUZ6nNwKjXyXFACtC-3cSZLkVluvW8WzCG2jZDGDDcBINtLXs3_mc

...that is getting annoying. Poor Roy went through all the effort to crit that mercenary only for all his hard work to be undone. Once again let's start in the west.

ACtC-3fOHhzpHRmb0fiI7q_9cKNqPS36HxGdYv3X

No time for fancy axe maneuvers this time.

ACtC-3dJkuBpoP_C50V3UUE6R4Dhu2y8BtslKhTq

The Nosferatu Druids are a rather frightening foe, but thankfully the brave bow can deal with this one before it can heal itself.

ACtC-3ePEPPPLuxKztAYjPufkVAyRTr_R7tk4mT2

Now that isn't a safe place for Lilina to be, so

ACtC-3eU8yWxCb1Idp1innYDwtxrA9FaS5NETW0KACtC-3d0b28kBuHnNW8Ean8PfJuncXKJ-L7mL4lu

Perceval and Deke rescue-drop her to safety. In the east

ACtC-3cwnT-XYREtDL0gt0U9R4jr_T6l1PfFfJF7ACtC-3cFzcoUBJWBIeJ17C0szoHiWW_hnZyjHneh

Raigh gets the kill with that perfect accuracy attack, but his low health when doing so makes me rather uncomfortable. Even he is a little jumpy after that.

ACtC-3eDE9ORFfTRiTQ9elUVfbPlzBSaJzOeX5RZACtC-3fW-A96t0SeMEoO4znonIjZK5G3yrCchb2D

Allen helps Klain get the chip for Saul's kills with a rescue, that way none of them have to face foes across the wall.

ACtC-3eiWKPa5nYytT3DwR2NQrHiSsvPy2YEDeGR

Like me Saul is starting to worry about the Berserk staff that has yet to strike...

ACtC-3cxY8y0D3S04j6p436H5pcBEGmL0a1ogYuY

Zeiss gets in a bit of chip, and in a bit of a sneaky maneuver

ACtC-3cednpZqeaFWDAoSWyVrMeBVHMvrAjUYAszACtC-3dGSuSTj02t9Z8riv53vIuc9NV_vLOJ48i-

his sister switches him over to an axereaver to better avoid the terrifyingly

ACtC-3dtOFUvhMEJhNpHJaFbUCb3fVRWMHmLbHzM

potent critical of the Berserker's handaxe.

ACtC-3d0h85hMT28fBt3CmbvkzaYRE6_NM1kg7Cq

...ouch. That was a bit of a mistake, I didn't notice the Druid could reach her from there, but she takes the hit just fine.

ACtC-3dRe9yAUBxLTmYbHCy0FyNG9373hduJT75w

Sigh, I was hoping she would get lucky, but I guess we will just have to let her run that rage out of her system.

ACtC-3eq0jR9sSuZeVblqYWv4aS2o7FwgiUbmkkR

Eh, it wont save him

ACtC-3e_vAHt0jPUjL0QkFEEZSmmKVKFmqbftuCw

from Raigh. Now back with the west

ACtC-3cB5aP7FLBpp5h3V_GBN3ex-yiNYYczf9GQACtC-3fp8mK1VzUKFgqYVawC2O9A9x4oPcMD3KH2

Not ideal, but if he misses, or she crits it dies (and she can take the hit thanks to Niime's heal).

ACtC-3eucgxM9H5SpDARGs1hcJHd0z5_jr5Sm-cS

Her mastery of the sword is impeccable (now if only she could learn to hit harder).

ACtC-3dYh94LpCRo2IPPoBJIFnbOFBnwFZjGwXvs

Probably should have used his brave bow to deal with the Nosferatu, but his better physical ranged attacks are kinda needed to kill across walls. Now for the Hero

ACtC-3eRw9nsh3udscY87Izf0KZku4dTF5LzYdboACtC-3fL5weAqm49Ws4LgQUKcZIoPIw4rkcHCuH9ACtC-3cdP-dsQRg0UTk5DdIvtSfqHhDxtI1q6FQr

It takes a bit of work (and Deke is still working on that axe rank), but the rest of our troops take him out. Now for the far more concerning front

ACtC-3c0wbwSVsfPdkc_-mI3RdhWfcl6gM8V_Dxf

I have sorta bit off more than I can chew. I need this Berserker gone, and Roy can take the crit if it comes

ACtC-3eeFU3tW3cRK9OvZLDhC7KO3OD-vluMR8gc

Its like he thinks the Binding Blade made him a Sword Master.

ACtC-3fwMTqcbTFNrl9k_Jrgxz_ZRYS0gZI8ZxzrACtC-3eXBFjOgkXwONrzpz9tXcOhxJlSlNvX4OBO

With two Nosfertu Druids, that brave bow sniper, and the light brand hero charging in I am in a bit of a pickle. I think I can convince the sniper to stay on his side of the wall, which means I wont have to deal with him when I deal with the rest, but

ACtC-3eC2j1Ohzi8tLyICtu5qLL-4smbjQUtkPC7

if I retreat too much I risk whatever consequences will come from Fae striking at her allies...

ACtC-3fE_6LJtoJGjAwGxmoslobdl5HxvQPxHUXW

Raigh might need this, but he isn't close enough to help us out of this predicament...

ACtC-3dU8X1JCQCS4JHwxvzZOm-yVAmvKVb4zfm7

The die is cast.

ACtC-3cvm5WZytFGdzCzmhXM6LdRDIRLSas03q4rACtC-3e3pE4zBjRkLi6eu_6sIXvMSKG_KBo7w7E8ACtC-3cpXoDLqYndm_5IPIrmyovq2T-OyEXxJztY

I have a bad feeling about this... well let's get the easy part out of the way,

ACtC-3ffShHQ-FhU1tpji_TJzoUTpSOvV79MaDGm

Shin deletes a berserker before I even need to think about its crit rate.

ACtC-3cAkB4ppvI4bllCiqSp-YhTbN8W6KVgQwpv

Fir and Shin are drawing in a handaxe Berserker, but I trust in their ability to dodge such a weapon. That is all of the action in the west, now to make the difficult decisions in the east.

ACtC-3dGIvuC4EP4XzG-ZfKzep88QfPBXzSjm_-L

I don't have an easy way to deal with either of these Nosferatu Druids, but this will kill if the Druid misses

ACtC-3cwbXOZPqJYTY968TNS5L_jsO7_LixdYuC8

and Roy can finish it if it hits (thankfully Zeiss is fast enough that the feeble strength of the Light Brand can't kill him).

ACtC-3cO7hXuZ_v_tcm6RhA3hGZYzWuqwjIvc0Tb

I guess Roy didn't want the Nosferatu tomes to heal more damage than he deals with the Binding Blade...

ACtC-3fIBHN-5eAet7JdbOGK3C7X5TnGyY7SbU7g

...this was a hard decision. The Druid needs to miss, or she needs one of these to crit, or else this will be a disaster. Both of these Nosferatu druids need to die, or someone is facing a risk of death, and retreating any further is just going to make things worse. Now I could have also risked attacking with the Maltet, in which case she wouldn't have a high chance of a crit, but if the Druid hits, Allen could theoretically finish the job, but he isn't very accurate, and after crunching the numbers, the chance of one of these criting is slightly higher than Allen hitting. I can't watch...

ACtC-3fJ7AN9mEoOHDYOq5GYTSbuhak9hMFVBKmN

She pulls through, we are in the clear, everyone here should be able to take a hit from that Hero, and we are just out of Fae's ran-

ACtC-3d5xPkv3ofPtYUFcx8D32-1kjU8R5f1Hcfc

...how could I let this happen. I never should have let her onto the battle field, but I just had to be "clever" show off some trick for dealing with Berserk that didn't even work, and I let this...this...child die. I let the last of the divine dragons die. I am a monster. I could have prevented this, let someone stay back to act as the dragon's chew toy, or better yet, not forced a child onto the battle field at all. I can't do this anymore. It eats away at my humanity, it lets me view the sacrifices of innocent people, innocent children, as something acceptable, something less than the horrifying tragedy it is. How can I go on, and yet the monstrous insidious power command fills me with, drives me on. I am compelled to complete this act of brutality; to enact this hollow vengeance so many dream of, and strive for. Yoder said so many times that each of us has a place, a purpose all our own, of our own making. By the grace of st. Elmine I should not have become what I am, but what can fight a monster, other than another monster. King Zephiel of Bern must die.

ACtC-3ey1EjCADN3nOykuJGx9492Ds51GTzuhCMKACtC-3fsAYzHg5vKycDxRBEpoaeRdvIC1rQUy5XA

That clears out the path to the first switch

ACtC-3dPJXI52O6i_l30bnFEcPE-v2Y58NR4CKsn

Klein is desperately trying to impress everyone with his skillful accuracy and quick shots.

ACtC-3dqDnpIZlBSIGaWzDV-NAPg1Vc-dr4r_wkhACtC-3fixFoGQ4ZDWHIkVU-n36bAuJgdDTSGjMzs

So dies the Sniper that forced us to cower, until that...that

ACtC-3e6dvylszXWQD9OJeZnNvy7MYtlpD0rzs-r

I can't even look at the thing that did that to her. Back in the west

ACtC-3fy0Wjqy8DMAgaUPTjwuRYQIB1v9wXu1igMACtC-3ciY_feDoZdqY-cfkBK7H5d6el1NLTWADUH

Fir embarrasses the Berserker, and she prepares to do the same to more "Heroes"

ACtC-3fyO4-7lTuItc3u_9sxhjOldlSX0v7uFpog

...seems they embarrassed her instead. Now to claim the first switch

ACtC-3fZDNdNnYI-O18M9CgxTTDJvQK5Cg9wDCRVACtC-3cVFLbsuOIDa6YP6zUR-9toRB1K9S9Ya8f3

Klain and Raigh tag team again

ACtC-3fIkEpLmwAG97KCUwyJ7sO8LRK7L48_zcET

only to flub up the last hit, so Ziess has to finish the job.

ACtC-3fsKxhlQ8eNuDEGhkeqhiwIcO_IZpi8tXXu

He has found a solid respect for the accuracy of swords (+1 Skill, +1 Luck)

ACtC-3c4FdPurtl2RJDjo9oUt6qzz_lQ246LBTdR

Someone had to purify that monster

ACtC-3czSOK9aaMQO6wjFXbaGljIgtXTkUAiZ2do

before Roy sent it to the hell he deserved.

ACtC-3f8NXxKLi0kTqMRz9-75xytdwm3yAD11XR9

I guess the Binding Blade really did make him into a swordmaster.

ACtC-3eH3SYRbQhDAVWzXyxNUnfnpvP_pCts1Mto

Eh, it's an exchange Milady wins eventually. In the meantime Dayan and Allen just get out of the way of this clash of killer weapons. On the western front

ACtC-3chfb4jQB2XfnkSajWmjxq_WMyfCn7mA5zA

Lilina incinerates a surviving Hero with the Infernal Truth

ACtC-3eL4Bm62BW1HPv_OQ2v_5HEDz1SrP9GpIks

It is as if she can see herself burning within the flames, and she instinctively braces herself for the fires of magic.

ACtC-3dSO7iw18-FY6XCjn42MwKth31aA4c3YxnM

While Niime exhausts what little potential remained in her from healing(+1 HP)

ACtC-3fr6D7ZONyRkOLOYnFteKNNEygV8M55Tbgw

Perceval and Niime will continue on to take the last switch (and as such Shin passes the chest key over), I think the rest will rejoin Roy to prepare for the assault on Zephiel's throne room.

ACtC-3cq2Ku0ZV3MwqKK1ftFcgsFB0toxt2HxxOh

This Hero is all that separates our two armies now

ACtC-3dASjEV9B6_xXcW4MUTHuB5b1Sx_3rk8dpZ

Meanwhile Astore activates the first switch, while

ACtC-3eVbW-WIQ2Tp02t0kXZriewoH9W4DlvuPMfACtC-3cVNWs_5Qrggc_B3r8t3LO8IWKUvYTgp0Eq

Dayan is trying to show how much he can contribute (although Shin still overshadows...well almost everyone, but especially Dayan) by

ACtC-3fP4wf-5Nl8eT3fsE_v4kPMt03xROPWJd-JACtC-3cDE2nvo2D843zEgCdh-MOwoJsIGPCbjyJ-

setting up the kill for swordmaster Roy.

ACtC-3erVYCgX0QBdP4MNTXJI8sFDRZHLDQbH_WMACtC-3ff1il2y5ID-tkqjSBgnjRf-GcO02oPZQFx

Our army is reuniting, while Perceval carries Niime over towards the last switch. They should have the power to take it before my main force reaches the door.

ACtC-3dlXb2uYOD2afmrxR8AUCTI0GOAz0GO9Vn7ACtC-3fkmpnq9--EywCrts8HTQtd2b5QH3IVa40z

There we go, Niime and Perceval are separated and ready to strike, while the rest of my army are reunited just out of range of that bers-

ACtC-3f2p93YoWiRrLVz9Sb-BqKmmSkm5MYBLB_M

...That almost gave me a heart attack. Seems I miscounted that range, and only luck kept it from ruining everything. Saul is one of my most resistant units too, how am I going to deal with that staff. Just give me a moment, I need to think about a way to salvage this.

Chapter 22 part 2

Spoiler

Ok I have an idea, but we are just going to have to wait a few turns to see if this works. In the meantime

ACtC-3djQ3tRZJBQFW43uxD2vbVrDX9-A3ikBSbO

Perceval can start a slow duel with a general.

ACtC-3fnM7RlX7ZRM0oXsCXcoQNuZDwzdY0MmhCI

Then a sleep staff bishop spawns in to sleep what is probably my least threatening ally.

ACtC-3cpAaTWCMQNnMhoWkKYzeyWTAdFq8wf9b40ACtC-3cKJ584ea-hrR08GkM-XrvxWtxyK7vhYCA2

Time for a bit of a turnabout, as this sniper should be able to deal with the berserk staff nearby.

ACtC-3fa4Ndt5-n6AQ5XHa9yrnHQBNSDEPsGa06L

Perceval has the Javelin equipped in range of his melee attacks in the hope

ACtC-3cGwV4AwHlYaVJ5A8vc1lMzY1nf0m2WCeqz

that he will switch to a 1 range option

ACtC-3fhPd7lmJX0m61RtkwNZoNKI5UrDNnEt16C

to let Niime get a free hit on it next turn.

ACtC-3dAzqKGIMb-mlmSNLdPcpoWucflfrL5uQ2r

Also the sleep staff continues its reign of mediocrity by targeting a unit I expect to never see combat again. I know I jumped a little ahead to finish off that thought about the general, but this was the only other thing from that enemy phase before Niime attacked worth mentioning.

ACtC-3dUORi0QjbRGXScCRgbEP76CUpgTApaGe_oACtC-3erlKNQf6tqnKf9-QrczUaKkX0APJSOz-X0

The brave weapon is a bit of overkill, but Perceval's real talents have always been in tanking instead of killing.

ACtC-3cJxgqOu_BBAhaKLVtnBmcloYARkA7q7IFh

Oh no. What are you doing berserked sniper! Don't longbow some other Druid, kill the Berserk staff wielder right next to you...what am I going to do if it wastes all his berserk turns longbowing random enemies.

ACtC-3cXBS8VKGrZzxbUnqzCyBqAh8fZ2K44P3d9

I am thoroughly impressed by how ineffectual that sleep staff was, Dayan here is by far the most powerful unit they slept, and he is probably the least useful unit that I expect to see combat.

ACtC-3cwRg-jrS_xuBdThrAfYvMOuBJ8O6QrftlC

At least the sniper killed that first Druid that distracted him, despite it being healed. Now Please. Kill. That. Berserk staff. Druid.

ACtC-3fvjwRvQkK_0nzbYj-pILUBgRqJV5k67HtJ

Perceval meanwhile starts his attack on the switch's last defender, while Niime finishes raiding the chests.

ACtC-3cRziibCDcvGbaIA_e2hnOGFyT29EkVlpwB

Oh thank st Elmine, the berserked Sniper is finally killing him. That planned worked, but it further emphasizes how pointless that chi-, no Fae's death was. I could have saved her. If only I thought of this sooner, I wouldn't have brought her at all.

Oh Yoder why did you have to die so early. I need your guidance now more than ever.

ACtC-3dcpfk6NhqubUMXU2qnKce3l188uwfxPIn0

Perceval almost finishes things on his side, but one miss lets that Hero gets physiced up by the other ambush Bishop,

ACtC-3cRxenEQlVfQL5YawhVdWX1eaW-580TTsMm

but at least the roadblock stopping the main army finally falls to his berserked ally. Now let's finish things

ACtC-3fQB4QSvBERk9urQcGO0oPN_My4vaMSqZfRACtC-3dVJfEnlvGwkdDBoJaZa-KckStmbUg69vPR

Niime is the only miss, so the final switch is finally within reach, and back in the east

ACtC-3ew8KJhsUhLaXsVFrAgXAVYjws7NZx0MGjOACtC-3cloFxHLYJovzTh73MXOuA49EN0VN_zyPyX

Zeiss and Lilina break the Berserker without facing his crit

ACtC-3dhXNbZVlgEqvT6Zi_DXGghd8fRk2IhT1wQACtC-3fDrR8G6zTBuUwsvEdaHECUXdHYn-t50PJj

and Milady's overprotective side surfaces once more

ACtC-3ey7Lm6kH_nwKBOBCHi_2K9wZpbewHGI9dL

Well, you chipped him enough for Lilina to finish him.

ACtC-3f9s4_mXYblBZjXr-Gai2wyhkABY6otVOxMACtC-3ct5P6MVeRxDR7Xt46-W-ocl5Ty_ell0Y_J

I mean in a way Milady is right, our army functions best when together, and if he rushes too far ahead there wont be anyone to save him, like Lilina, or Roy like with the Nosferatu Druid, or Milady, like so very many times before...

ACtC-3csvQlx1SuDjrbh2GcihdWeYek7kDE9bVqAACtC-3dIogk-eBbCApImoNC34cCAKExwHavA8cpfACtC-3fGXh71Gxa58A8qA45lR5ep8w4pMfnMCkLbACtC-3dOOjW_o5j7jltth0zQLp4_uCcKKQ2NWPVN

On the other hand, Zeiss really has blossomed into one of the best units, who can handle things on his own if he has to. Milady may remember all the time she had to save him back in the Sacae, but he has become almost as self sufficient as she is.

ACtC-3dlhGhcFD9HUKl7P2QM87mH0irb8E10iA7aACtC-3c86rrXLCst4U95WTueMBwBkSPyWNR3qpQRACtC-3dLknRVVBIE1f6i24GZ6JI6BcEIYyq9ETECACtC-3eScalLoVEncZLiL1pEn3_fTU5m2cFiqgAC

She feels responsible for her brother; if he died, all the what ifs, and could haves will eat at her, make her hate herself for all the thing she could have done different or better to save him. Meanwhile Zeiss doesn't want to be a burden, and resents being treat as one, especially when he has earned his competence. That took hard work, and was filled with all those embarrassing time Milady had to jump in to save him.

ACtC-3e3vY4NP9W4FXo_lAQg_7An8X1Jh0dh5kIJACtC-3f8RdOy98Lph_VM4ULnA_cFHlLvIurB3OqTACtC-3dgg8TCJ3Ru72Smk3-60NaEnHHh1G8T-EoMACtC-3fKgQ0a-AyQV0Kwo8-BWJILlDN_IBMVcIOx

Poor Milady, she may mean well, but I don't think she understands that he doesn't want that kind of help anymore. She worries about him, and tries to save him, but doesn't understand how that stifles him, and kind of hurt that fills him with.

ACtC-3e4QJFqWPtWYr-hz0x_fdPaMoN1dzZ_SK7t

Milady and Zeiss should be able to hold their own against the guards left in that corridor,

ACtC-3cSiBzceVLZ-u_SZpl9oN7bjPdnpueCOe6i

While in the west, the enemy strike out with too little, far too late. All the loot has been taken before the thief arrived, and Niime was only silenced after all the combat in that direction is already over.

ACtC-3f_19JRDNDhohk5yW4gS4KnJXa_nmN3yWKc

Now everything is in place for Roy to open the throne room.

ACtC-3fDN_JGo5HPNCIWmzhE6Xv0vOc30o51-nro

...might as well bring this thief to justice, while he is here. Now back in the east where the real action is heating up.

ACtC-3exJ6xqwSRPcm94hEFSlvqb84ccBjP0XEVTACtC-3dk35zbHSaNRP0yXk5945GcKXYApqQPxMbe

Raigh plows through that Berserker, and appreciates that he was lucky enough to never work under a commander crazy enough to equip any of their troops with a devil axe.

ACtC-3e2BsPvCKGTwJC9CC0h3zJ6v7VAO6_sFgCmACtC-3cg755ncdzue0KYU9DXMM6ZLUrbJSZT-wIL

That takes care of the last promoted enemy between us and the throne room doors

ACtC-3d3wk-XpM4ha4lEz0qr5sjHXoqCyHT4dfmI

Although this is starting feel a little unlucky.

ACtC-3crDiC7WytiHIJR20fO0bHTe3YaZfXUgrSI

Now all that is left is to reach the door with Roy

ACtC-3eTYiAxFj2eJXJcdIonj1oUNy_DViceCLPtACtC-3eVr8etZOv1uxT8WjIdqR7aM6cKHmi6zOYU

and the rest of our army.

ACtC-3fhJMUvYUeUcwMgjTjVfyXWHTSYYulYQv9v

There goes another silence use, but fortunately Saul has more experience staving off status staves.

Next turn we open those doors of fate

ACtC-3deRMOceyPUeElPNlC2J-epO6xVoWqPXwt8ACtC-3fRNGdeUZxdDSMyTLOEwF9049UscOzKGLBvACtC-3eXbRfAwKK_TbCynwQZrM7YuwFnmonNUO3z

The fool, it wasn't the mere strength of a child that reached here. It was the strength all those he brought together, all those he united in hope, and friendship. Roy's strength lies not in himself, but in those that follow him. One would think a king like Zephiel, who inspires such reverence and loyalty in his men would understand that, but perhaps his own personal competence and ability have blinded him to the strength of his own allies, and followers.

ACtC-3fi4t0PwEDL32GlTmRO-tCRKoo-D0_O_XejACtC-3e9kDhseRA6DhZ7UcmTr36gGda5TEQb09U0ACtC-3d47EpHc6aD_OzqMaWadzGg4od3klwj57lM

I don't understand either.

ACtC-3eeq4F_E2wl3VJGgAEmnZWEr5sB3HV_kvILACtC-3ccqaWmgGJ2swSUx7_HAapm_yB9jeYhoeoxACtC-3cQWYlx7XSNkDqUB7svnJuSo3l0T6McfVDaACtC-3cmAkInLdkSQ9GgfADZ8VsWmqx9sy_nOvSlACtC-3cfp9ZQICeQK5Q9KvVERDjFHltz6DFWypN_

...Can Zephiel not see he is a part of mankind himself? This is utter madness, he wishes not only his own death, but the deaths of all of his kind...I can't understand this. How has he commanded such loyalty in this...this...I don't even think I understand what this is.

ACtC-3dEWAdEbHkj9RtDY_AUdZwUxlILXHt4AfJfACtC-3c_8dMZTQlbvBrDpUk8ZH7MaS53W4xu3lDhACtC-3dDkSGmWKuet9eL4YpUtL4Ly7DBixqtIPoKACtC-3cqrhpR7wYgs2q0XvDZm7S1JghIQDumubmHACtC-3cQKDotR4jqJFvRiZ5BeKmJv17tIw3Y2Zr7ACtC-3cCRLqJsAGeYeD6SBkQeLDno4gn2pkkLHT7ACtC-3dMf3UcOZGfgXl4ykwUtjToo8cTDuEmSwQB

Tragedy and betrayal have thoroughly broken this man. I think I understand it a bit better now. He was one of the greatest of us, still is I suppose, and when the horrors of his life broke him, he struck out to change that which did so, with the kind of passion that make men follow. The only problem is that which he wishes to change is the immutable nature of mankind.

ACtC-3dKJHdUkJZvoTEiG1jifcXYLNFux49OLS1rACtC-3dQVmYZmgYujqnRki0QPBFDAhpT8iMG9vFsACtC-3fu_Wh568iWtcjL6lEwDBv-wqmBEj6wF0oKACtC-3foWxzXUUN0m24eWxq50C50seYt6f4GCbCeACtC-3did9hwtL1r2XMuauvMsJ9ONzMfyPtt_CjjACtC-3dK1WmKMMhQmS2Xdpisylj4ALxWl1Wv4sQsACtC-3fpsHKcA17_tbDJxaSLlOdmgXoWWfO3zEvHACtC-3fVsLGYy9mHi6eGRu0Zul_0pRKIyZbqOa6tACtC-3d_niOKzVzLBwsWpCB5t9i2QSXGsYM9BcsN

Gasp...Dragons. He wants to return the world to the Dragons? How, they all le- well, most of them...Where did he find the dragons to aid in his war? I guess he wants them to inherit Elibe, but where will we go then? To the halls of the creator that st Elmine preached about? Through whatever mysterious gate the dragon's fled the Scouring? Seeking out whatever lies beyond our shores? Enslaved by the returning dragons?

ACtC-3dxLHNHP4Eps6y5ZOGhTtuKv1fBv9hoEjxrACtC-3dMhggfunqBZmIQVSrZdO5b_RDgdCnNG7FPACtC-3cYvuXJS-GEBly3OUUslQovO8b-_HuiffnMACtC-3eV1quHw2n3sBDr-6OUoxrlp6LLsTF_iR4vACtC-3eUtLZ3K6PEs5aDBvgjXNZY1eA8Ec5u5BKxACtC-3d2Id-qy0Sw85H0t_I35oqtoHyJVVGxgZsh

The Demon Dragon. Could that be why he sent away the dark priestess, is she the Demon Dragon. Curse my single mindedness, why didn't I try to track her and Brunja. Where could they have gone.

ACtC-3dDjT4A49aiwgJCg9ESLekusj-cVki-RyfpACtC-3fy6zuES1YaaCKEgVFwyddumY_oBA2BqhonACtC-3ejyyLFTiym5_bM61Ym4rt6K_kbFAte_nsGACtC-3flbm3XlaPLytcm4btqHj_y7hmWvSdKaaKxACtC-3ed-fGHdtTBGd9eZOoBuf0pdoilPsvZLLQzACtC-3fMRbpr541nTIa6JbgyfvPj_aRNhQx0-rg2ACtC-3cDnpoUPN2OKyeYRBU2k1Z36hqGIxkAoQhT

What about the real dragons? Fae-

Fae was as human and emotional as the rest of-

...perhaps Zephiel has a point about the weakness in mankind's emotions. Wouldn't everything be easier if all the responsibility fell on those that didn't have to feel.

Then again I am reminded of one of the many lecture of bishop Yoder, about why mankind was given the freedom to act evil, and fail, instead of making us infallible. The creator believes in us, that if we try, if we work hard, if we work together, we can make the world better. Even if we fail, we can work to correct the mistakes me make, and learn not to make them in the future. If we do evil the creator believes we can see the error of our ways, and better ourselves, or that other can overcome our intentions even if we continue to act with such malice.

ACtC-3c00dliwisbUvqL0xJU1fsDqNReccLHlTRUACtC-3cgorq04RbUzxzmDbhbueeiMOA2skqu2F0wACtC-3eSocdJINPTd3BsED09PgaGQo5RYp1x-akwACtC-3fBmhm4kCDRCGED1DeaRmhSkmBqpgpfry8sACtC-3eoGEJcyWJo6AXEXSfvIU2R529LG_xsMEsQACtC-3fkDa8QLUgvaGN_0RejrY9oVmrOfz6mPOKs

I can see why both make such inspirational rulers. Zephiel's dream brings hope to all of those that can only see the emptiness, the darker cynical side of an unfixable world, and offers an alternative where all the hardships, and misery of the world don't come from our own weakness, nor the malice of other, instead all the burdens of responsibility fall to those without emotions, or personal stakes in the emotions of others. Roy on the other hand sees an optimistic world where lights can cast out the shadows, where good men act to make the world a better place. Roy inspires men to see the good their actions can cause, the harms they can rectify, and dangers they can avert, if only they act to fix them. Zephiel inspires men to see the wicked action they take, and look for a way to prevent them forever, despite the consequences.

ACtC-3fky8v74Rfo_-wSlfmsnv9NFbR8Z1GJ7Rc8

Zephiel has one last room of defender, and with Roy having to open the throne room, my most physically tanky forces make a wall in front of him.

ACtC-3c23QLzqkNCQxgeFfcQCMy9p6n2Js0lA9RfACtC-3cR1cAhuz6STMIpGg_xGBchqmegGHMRWspE

Zephiel is calling in all the reinforcements he can (I can even hear some moving beneath the throne room) so we are on a time limit if I want to avoid any more unnecessary casualties.

ACtC-3ft7Ml9xzkPrnm9NM6Csh_o4mVeIPR4U1T7

That is a bit unfortunate, but he should still be able to close and bar some of the hatchways for the stairs in the throne room. Now let's clear out this room

ACtC-3fnZX3TC4sYvPuJOpKzQ72yZfxK9A68ziSb

I start with some chip before

ACtC-3fUn8TsQyCOs1o8kEhtokN3wUpQJKP6ZfMMACtC-3dAgE_TQn8C1OeT7uZ8DtqGku_fV9bMr50L

branching out into some easy kills

ACtC-3e8DiWwWsmWvOK182LyHbJUd2iIRB1REFJE

and what should be an easy kill.

ACtC-3ercw34mhyswNoMkRKNomXCFXt9F0I0AxlYACtC-3eqxMZ5AEio2eb4EXTWI7j3nbKip5oqRrFeACtC-3fo17ZGE8euywoqlMMKicy6lXfO4W_fpOFv

The Wyvern Lords are getting their easy kills in, but Zeiss is still feeling a little off from that conversation they had before.

ACtC-3f_2l9EE-VJ-ftNSj_ArfbrkH6lM8LaDboP

That is the last of the dragons in this room

ACtC-3eaimNFjL86CQ3wB9zOumqBcN7KtdkWHsI0ACtC-3d_nP3-XMxDUm9kOKqjidOzz2NHIwPiOaJe

Saul has clearly been inspired by the religious undertones of Roy's speech as he is filled with a righteous might as he finishes off this Druid.

ACtC-3eayho-I-Ejbeiagur4D58KJox57lYp6HHp

And that is the last of those that started here.

ACtC-3fAl71BH2lB3CEjCWtBmL-2nInsN0FrT2ZS

We only manage to close up the to two nearer stairs, but unfortunately some reinforcement burst out from the two northern ones we couldn't reach, but by the same token they are just out of reach of us as well

ACtC-3crzk45BXBIvxEPDocs-3rsiwmhHbB87Vnr

Although that silence staff continues to try and trip us up.

ACtC-3e3dtk-p0moS0jXAoNKUeK1_XMOQMMnZgDIACtC-3cy8d9CQHdB_J92MxuGDvxJwx7AA1ywcpY7ACtC-3cClGVHrDopnDi2mHIeIqbCp5EKadGVuuZpACtC-3dW45rOB7bOk-4BId_8GeB2fnURZzCj6uOw

That takes care of the reinforcements, and Lilina is getting an even greater appreciation for the value of speed in these kinda operations.

ACtC-3eL8VYnVBU_BPs9-iWCUmPKLXobeshFDQzpACtC-3dUZeAJrCef9sXF-g5fOVqfG24m-DNLrRcl

Now for the first shots at Zephiel himself, Shin prepares to chip him down while we secure the stairs.

ACtC-3e4_OaxSnhkz5nsdAoCzjysObms3MUtvUBy

but I can't quite reach that last one. Well it shouldn't be a pro-

ACtC-3d4ExtSZnJxLav4ESQbtCv5-NBd173y8Ec6

...well that was kinda unexpected. I should have seen it in his eyes, the hatred he held for the way Bern drove the Kutolah to ruin with their meddling, and then that piercing critical strike with the Bow of Swift Wind

ACtC-3cia7kO-r2UsHymGio-n6wAgFWsI1-2Qs8OACtC-3cuUZZ1CEZ7z2Jgo9f_FapepSI1UGIY_bRnACtC-3d6Aujqnp609kTqYFcqlspKO0bAlydGfTxf

...It's hard not to see some truth in those dying words. The emptiness that fueled his ambition, the cruelty that gave birth to that dream, never died with him, it is a part of humanity, a part of all of us. If I didn't have the council of others, like the boundless optimism and energy of Roy, the goofy caution of Merlinius, the subdued intellect and kindness of Myrddin, or the pious wisdom of Yoder, I could have easily fallen under the sway of that undying dream. We need more people like that in this world, and less like Zephiel...or me.

ACtC-3exlp1dINqJfGGPvHbwPp3sjAZlIlyf7_3nACtC-3enWokUhIjX8uR6Tk-zVSkuKIH_UNW8zVOp

With that castle Bern has fallen.

ACtC-3fnkTr9I5TVozclSTIPmVJgKuwf8ldsEqSHACtC-3fXVRyRECEVjAZUl26I8B0_KleiTCqU0VdcACtC-3f0rRtun7yE2p08nA1Z_ZwVvFJhu9k-pzHcACtC-3cOGH6e2X-IxaJn_xrurOHT2pa4KMnGGW6xACtC-3emfsXkKvjbK5aS7e51k_x4qlhtBwp4elT_ACtC-3fgW28jxs6Q8CRMByEwFe4zljLca___uPEe

"And Wyvern General Brunja still has an army to protect her."

ACtC-3dwACblG7dJxDKt-BFH4mE9MtqHD2OO_tNjACtC-3flTTiCBeLnZuo4-eTrmuThsNMrllQ_07EkACtC-3dgPC-M7fJeldDOlJoql9RgmSKwnBEZZKC8ACtC-3eUWAvjlmyNyLHc78sM2HugYxyuOeKn7sjDACtC-3cJvSVfXnY5vn-w-gW1GOpDgt8P1bR8Ctw0ACtC-3eMC2b8UJrruIZ5y0FY5lOQXL1JoW9EfLzPACtC-3dkVjNbsCNHwDnSmSz1ZiW-zcnd6UikBGG_ACtC-3drWJoHvFZg5aKxXxKDAOkBUjBIVLyQxzZsACtC-3fUwfkLpH0y_WA0bJkc6llccHiguRlwPVl6

"But we have had the 8 Legendary weapons ever since we claimed the Binding Blade from the Shrine of Seals, surely it would have risen then."

ACtC-3ckJC5PEWLpCUKYxu5tr5UAr_WO9NZG5nCSACtC-3ewuHjGpCCZaqGvAJXudO5C1IUJVyknjKSqACtC-3fFlt-1bQtGw311c42P10SzlCshdBvRY-kvACtC-3e4i6XJ1G5lsxooj4YRWv9H6EYG1mL731IOACtC-3cFwhUx9I3W4JgMAbtBpofAww9QRyIGg309

"If so that bodes ill, as we have no King of Bern to wield it for us against the Demon Dragon."

ACtC-3e9T0cZAy-wWIkoHo0IXGGUEOTNGQAXhb2oACtC-3exnVmb3FIkjXYX89oD7At74bE1kVz2loNSACtC-3dFvHnj54W1XV19KDrbSBDIu8uMz-KnnuqPACtC-3eidyUx3hUcc4K7ELlGGf93jv2ilhsokf8Z

"Perhaps it was meant to seal the Legendary weapons away. If so why did the seal fail?"

ACtC-3doosqE7XvFAkglYOH3ZuuBAfEeJIUwPE4JACtC-3f4OLxK6_WinnvGG-AVf6uJcmevXq4iaIu_ACtC-3dmBnzdaBy2N3AnXnuTWaEHq6kG2L8OGKLbACtC-3f5HPVVY4jTQ88_JeamVHAEL8zyf3p7X7IpACtC-3fFgmAbt6lJbJGaDeelTkU4LaAHBcimu5aRACtC-3fQ424c8FBeg0H-imQPrqIGXBP7o9pL2PMJACtC-3cgySdPzzyiNeyHQC4pnm_VYw_9wYc8I-Yv

"And I must follow my conscience. I will not abandon the world if I am all you have left, but I don't want to do this anymore. I don't like what it does to me, the weight of the responsibility, the deep guttural pain of the deaths, even those beyond my control, and the vengefulness it forges within me. I will not shirk my duty if I am needed, but I beg of you, try to find someone else to finish this, for I want to follow a different path. One of peace, teaching, and reconciliation..."

On 6/19/2020 at 2:09 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3d5xPkv3ofPtYUFcx8D32-1kjU8R5f1Hcfc

Oof.

Uh...Well, at least we have an extra deployment slot for the last chapter?

On 6/19/2020 at 3:34 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Then a sleep staff bishop spawns in to sleep what is probably my least threatening ally.

Three cheers for enemies targeting people in the lowest deployment slot with status staves!

EDIT: @Eltosian Kadath, is this still happening? Ain't there still two, (technically three, but Idoun's barely counts) chapters to go?

Edited by Benice

On 6/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, Benice said:

EDIT: @Eltosian Kadath, is this still happening? Ain't there still two, (technically three, but Idoun's barely counts) chapters to go?

Sorry about the delay, let me start poking people

@eclipse It is your turn for gameplay. It been long enough since I have seen activity here that I set the next deadline for 7/29, and if you only make it through chapter 23 by then that is fine as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that deadline passed without Eclipse being on the Forum. I hope she is OK, and just taking a break from the forums, but for the sake of this project, we need to move onto the next player.

@Benice you are next on the list, deadline for gameplay will be 2 weeks, with 2 weeks after that for writing. If you get the gameplay done early feel free to start on the writing whenever, as we aren't waiting on previous writeup to finish at this point. If you can only finish 1 chapter (as 24 is long and tedious), or decide to finish the 1-3 turn battle with Idoun as well, that is fine, I just want to see some progress on this so it can be finally finished.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Benice you are next on the list, deadline for gameplay will be 2 weeks, with 2 weeks after that for writing. If you get the gameplay done early feel free to start on the writing whenever,as we aren't waiting on previous writeup to finish at this point. If you can only finish 1 chapter (as 24 is long and tedious), or decide to finish the 1-3 turn battle with Idoun as well, that is fine, I just want to see some progress on this so it can be finally finished.

Got it! I'll try to finish up quickly, but I'd like to leave the last map for you, if that's OK. I mean, you started this, so you should get to finish it!

Yeet

Spoiler

ZHlEpMC.pngHuE0E3r.pngQRA0PwK.pngQ3ZNUPS.png8n7O9cK.pngAIHGhdW.pngTm02nxG.pngSHI27ry.pngOyXa2GL.png

CTUdIkd.png

N I C E

BexFfS1.png

Hello there, Karel. Hope you've been doing more push-ups since FE7 ended.

PhzIA8B.pngrFkPZb5.pngl55uaOR.png

Saul is as resistant towards magic as he is doing push-ups.

biBHazA.pngJTK1xkI.pngxelSNgh.pngymeqsPY.png

Shin and Lilina, however, do more than just resist their foes.

BvMQiQg.png5o28Sgw.png

Perceval also does well, although he needs some good weapons to do so.

yiJecQI.png

Zeiss will be fine-He survives the crit and can be physic'd if he fails.

2iUh714.pngDa0EVTX.pngOzBO96G.png

Hard work pays off!

1V33Pv9.pngwQjuKgr.png52zMJZg.png2ZsoS54.pngRr9IPwt.png

Milady doesn't do quite so well but does beat Zeiss to the HP cap!

4Z3JZUr.png

After seeing Dayan, these wyverns will be Daiyin!

PBmy7yf.png

Old muscles still can carry some weight!

tLriD1X.png

Allen's been a level one paladin for a while. Let's make sure he's not slacking off! Ideally on someone who won't deal 90% of his health...

aTf8Bag.png

Why not?

cuMCjS7.pngJX1EpQI.png2SunnC7.png

As anticiapted.

8devs2w.png

Are ya winning Roy?

rc93PXj.png

Haha, Druid go boom.

b8tIlLK.png

Good enough, I guess.

rjjFrLQ.png

JOIN WE

YlWfzsk.png

Buff. He needs better weapons to make use of said buffness, though!

coDxTeA.pngUSX6NwY.png

Hush little manakete, don't say a word, or Roy is gonna shank you because his weapon's absurd.

3pcfypv.png

Allen drops and gives me 20 and visibly improves.

m507BAp.pngTJ4r5uQ.png

Milady gets patched up, while Fir makes sure that the other side's wyverns won't need to be patched up.

vQMQK4C.png

OOF

03Ej7iS.png

Let's not! Zeiss has done too many pushups to die!

ixw51Iy.png

Boom!

omF7SXj.png

Milady will be needin' a crit to take this guy down.

prSwnQv.png

Nope.

JxdP8H3.pngAkkF8XI.png

I don't know why I didn't use Nosferatu here, but whatevs.

TxN4gF6.png2Zmvgcg.png

Axe rank! Please! Ah, not yet. Oh well.

GOApO0O.png

Get 'em, Shin!

ZqjyNId.png

ROOD

TqZ4XKM.png

Aha! Now! Put those push-ups to use!

AZmNJcI.pngTdOFLWj.png

Good.

f2mAtdj.pngTytbCAQ.png

This guy's done too many push-ups to be allowed to be awake.

EppfE3G.png

Very bad use of Hammer Time.

Qo0DVdx.png

Ow.

84vtg3C.png

Das bad! DAS REALLY BAD!

RxWdyR5.png

An Eclipse tome actually hit!

uvlv2a3.png

Allen killed something!

iKfXjvI.png

Zeiss escapes Milady!

pnse7pI.png

Fir stabs a guy!

0kx8doe.png

Milady's mad!

gquHOpx.png

Oh good, she'll be fine.

4qUxoVI.png

HOLY-! NOOO!

WOJ2BFQ.png

lgO2buR.png

NO! NONONONO! NO! NO! I CAN'T KILL MILADY! STOP! STOOOP! SHE'S THE BEST UNIT IN THE WHOLE GAME! NOOOO-

cSsGrem.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mz6yHDk.png

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ArJ5EiD.png

UUUUUUUU-

No! No! I can't believe it! I'm so bad! I shouldn't have signed up to be the gym instructor!! Why am I like this?!

5iMGmdK.png

WAGH!

qYrK5F1.png

Don't die dont die dont die

UUi7PrY.png

Do die do die do die do die

GsNRi44.png

Okay.

HrgXG9t.png

YOU KILLED MILADY! YOU WILL SUFFFEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!

vfQrf0d.png

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

stn3mx7.png

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

2cwmc7E.png

DIE DAI DIE DIE DIE DIEDIEDIEDIE

bOHYbVX.png

V8BxMII.png

S IN AXES S IN AXES S IN AXES

rkZWNbc.png

BUFF FIR BUFF FIR BUFF FIR

HB0mHRg.png

USELESS TOME USELESS TOME

D5TkoPL.png

Thank goodness for you, Shin.

L41Hi2C.png

Roy has attained myrmidon! He will be luckier and dodgier than Milady to avoid her fate!

Vn5fc54.pngMaoi2Co.png

Good!

pP4MK5x.png

Frick.

XewZPbO.png

Small loss, small loss.

bHTw9Dm.png

Now THAT is a bit more of a problem.

BdUB9ck.png

Huh? Oh, Brunnya has a bolting. Right.

hlbWDLK.png

Ha! I have Shin on my side!

21OBYtJ.png

0NS7R0O.png

CiUiToN.png

hClDsd5.png

6LNm1a1.png

xUgP6Uv.png

DIE STATUS STAVES HAHAHAHAAAA I DONT CARE IF PERCEVAL DIES YOU MUST SUFFER

n0VCmJ7.png

KILL BRUNNYA OR A DRUID, SPY! THIS IS YOUR MOMENT TO PROVE YOUR LOYALTY TO LYCIA!

Gq7KOIR.png

Restoring the restorebot

iSGXypw.png

Giving Zeiss a hand.

F50O1jE.png

Soothing the sniper

ZjyM3xZ.pngSSsNk3H.pngOusp5I9.png

Committing death by druid.

QHSnRLz.pngYHrYYfu.png

Ugh...

Jas4fqF.png

Nice tryyyy! You will never kill Percy! He's the best unit we've ever had!

oJmP9YA.png

Of course that wouldn't have killed him!

hZARQCr.pngSM60HbB.png

Good job, my man!

Jx2Ua9K.png

It would be really bad if Zeiss died. Lilina, delete this mans!

UWdXkQT.png

O.K!

TvwCO28.png

Dien't

nZxFPsj.png

Oh god, that crit...

Om523Yz.png

We've gotta end this now.

dK8I4zZ.png

Klain helps with that.

3yWFMdK.png

And Saul retires our spy to go to vacation.

AcNsIPe.png

We've got this now!

y6xbIFK.pngOyotCSI.png

Lilina? Why is Brunja going for Lilina?

hZLQjZP.png

OH MY GOD SHE DOUBLE LILINA NO NONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONON HOW HOW HOW HOW WHY WHY WHY NONONONONON

wFLiu8D.png

NZXMNZVCZCVHTZCRXCZFZCVXHJ BZX

UlHMAtO.png

CBSGCSCZGFVBNM,ZXCBZCZXZXCRGREHYKOIUIKHJGHFGDF

gvvZnqD.pnggTUkpmm.png

NOBODY ASKED YOU

xWt5Ocv.png

YOU MEAN DURANDAL, APOCALYPSE, THE BINDING BLADE AND ARMADS? THOSE ARE THE ONLY THREE I KNOW!! HAHA! THIS NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A BREEZE!!1!

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

RxWdyR5.png

An Eclipse tome actually hit!

WHAT??? IT HIT???

What sorcery is this?

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

uvlv2a3.png

Allen killed something!

You were really having fun with this chapter.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh good, she'll be fine.

4qUxoVI.png

HOLY-! NOOO!

Oof...a critical hit from a killer lance....oh poor Milady.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

HB0mHRg.png

USELESS TOME USELESS TOME

IT HIT AGAIN???? WHY WAS IT evEN USed Here??????????

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Huh? Oh, Brunnya has a bolting. Right.

hlbWDLK.png

Ha! I have Shin on my side!

21OBYtJ.png

0NS7R0O.png

...he carried this team so much in the Sacae...almost hit the 20/20 cap too...

Figures it would be Brunja herself to take him down...

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Committing death by druid.

QHSnRLz.pngYHrYYfu.png

Ugh...

Not much you can do about that when he was berserked

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lilina? Why is Brunja going for Lilina?

hZLQjZP.png

OH MY GOD SHE DOUBLE LILINA NO NONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONON HOW HOW HOW HOW WHY WHY WHY NONONONONON

wFLiu8D.png

NZXMNZVCZCVHTZCRXCZFZCVXHJ BZX

The worst part about this, is that she wouldn't get doubled if she were wielding a lighter tome. The -5 speed loss Lilina gets from the bolting is exactly enough to let Brunja double.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

You were really having fun with this chapter.

I won't deny it.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof...a critical hit from a killer lance....oh poor Milady.

Because GBA doesn't show the stats with anims off, I can't be certain, but I believe that each of those guys would have had 45-30 hit. So it was a bit of bad luck. Bad luck + Awful strats=Ded

Spoiler

90T37qp.pngn08y9R0.pngvhv7kIH.pngFDXF4RD.png

aFfAUUk.png

This chapter is going to be VERY long. I have three legendary weapons that can be used: Durandal, Apocalypse and the Binding Blade itself, but Deke only needs one more round of combat for S rank in axes and Armads.

Oh, and I have only eleven charges total of healing staves left. Yeah.

And because it's this map, nothing happened. I did get Alan another level! At some point! I can't find that screenshot. It was a reaaaally long chapter because I had no healing, so I'll spare you the details.

vg27RlP.png

Yiss yiss! Armads time!

8jre0d1.png

Kaboom.

pDSfYAt.png

No.

tvwQhPH.pngboaTerW.png

Roy's push-ups finally pay off!

hYun2Nv.png

Roy, it's far too late to try to improve your grades. Still a C-

bhnrIPd.png

Sploosh.

FlH4Nyf.png
Unfortunately, you're right.

pFvZrxo.pngkTfRXpb.png

Got 'em.

XAzBAvg.png

How many more rooms apart are you?!

4lgJWbg.png

Another one bites the dust!

kvw3mZ3.png

And another one gone.

ffHN9LP.pngy8YRc1U.png

Zap!

FmeCehG.pngUTXMmWI.png

Kablooosh!

yump2iT.pngR4bQjLK.png263hl0c.pngaBA74Fm.pngmtEZ8gp.png

AAAaaannnnnnnddd....

GYZqzRA.png

BA-LOW!

rgr6Oug.png

T1sbNTS.pngcVQyQyH.png6YBxQq6.png

What an enthralling chapter!

19 hours ago, Benice said:

T1sbNTS.pngcVQyQyH.png6YBxQq6.png

What an enthralling chapter!

Well that was something alright. I enjoy this map, you want to maximize movement and all.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I will probably finish it tomorrow or the day after.

Oh, great! Just wanted to make sure that you knew.

Spoiler

ACtC-3f9poV2jln1vHAGlTeNzSF-1LpyDDrRbTkA

I was there to witness the end of this conflict.

ACtC-3e7wh0UQ48ptd7Oli58NP01wr579ub2kgUMACtC-3e73dsltyx86HK2pPWwLiDT7VcXdAkygnoIACtC-3eEWr7-3WSorSkiuLYn4CVBhoBgojcb5xjfACtC-3eREXxH4PqkG5Oo01Y0U0bfnzgg6ZoZ39mh

She seemed so detached from the situation at hand, like a child talking about something she doesn't actually understand.

ACtC-3fxiv5rObX6zJDY-xOtcS14sCLw2lEtpfaPACtC-3fQqRJVX-Khf9NjYA3koqQe_d7CGMpQVaj6

The ramifications are obvious, and yet seem to elude her.

ACtC-3cdJMAfkHBZpotUuU7XhA8Kwh3tUTjvA-JqACtC-3ciUOCNm7ELA20YHgtRAtqxTxK8SAga7h5GACtC-3e3ByQ04yGAyhy8ZdFr-Fz95KqpwAwCaLbqACtC-3cNLdfzy0SyNYVtn-f0_FPA8efLG6ybHBVp

Roy may have pointed the dark consequences of her objective, but just like the death of humanity, I don't think she understands how outmatched she is.

ACtC-3dhNx8-qCpfherqHDjcjaWLiqA1bx5SoCTAACtC-3cOqV-m-YRKwxSwIRdVtr4ykwocViCchh4gACtC-3e0z5qBqzctM9C9B7YMNOpQa5fgkeskuVk_ACtC-3d4NR3lhX1wbCTyU3RERd2bYJbKkWOKeRjV

Does Roy remind her of Hartmut?

What a strange comparison to make, when it was Hartmut's own blood whom Roy has opposed since the beginning. 

ACtC-3e9FkdfHiBj8J7gsH5gvytuAyBiwAggFusXACtC-3fTmWgjhtwFTuVO4OLz4RbgBP5Bwk5RBTCCACtC-3dSCuI9m_F0mjATz5h6corsy8uXaHKEXVlh

I cannot even imagine what it would be like to sleep for 1000 years. For that amount of time to simply pass you by.This must have been such a new and terrifying world...

ACtC-3dhFoYGf5rqIuKqDynprYQvhI4FZT24odXwACtC-3e_rcORKLxn381aoeC-PIfdw6Ou0-ecgqPY

1000 years in darkness... I guess anything would have been a welcome sight, even King Zephiel. Perhaps that is unfair of me, despite the terror he wrought across the land with his armies and ideals, he wasn't the kind of man to treat those closest to him with terror, or cruelty. Even when she was captured as a traitor Guinevere wasn't treated harshly, and the way he inspired the people of Bern was beyond simple fear. He was even willing to sacrifice himself to keep Idoun safe.

ACtC-3d7vXJG3PQ26DJCxHjf_Fgs9mRJVPw_3rpWACtC-3dID-opM0VJQwf0gAzON1FRYZhk_ROt6Hf_ACtC-3cdjQPEH2uss__ltFFNX1kjUPPqNe_LfNfJACtC-3f3bbb3_67RmIpgdcw1RaJhZYz2P4BnCdV6

Zephiel inspired others, even when his ideals his plumbed the depths of nihilism. Although I suppose they were only nihilistic to humanity, for a dragon like her it must have been something far grander...

ACtC-3eLz9CURh8N_mHcHQy_vpI82FszXvAy07dVACtC-3fQAVlceILGuoBVALEuttIpnlCBmnR769ZwACtC-3cjth0R_sndYRF6vnIEU9EF1xSKfPuZz2mbACtC-3cylzNeeTkpJc0JhIc0vx_DnirEUqliejFAACtC-3eu-m_CM2Avt_5bDj4qmyk1Rn-FwazgSXO-ACtC-3eXLCPdYtYWE_bqcBfW6fFKmK35ggggMz7JACtC-3ebqO6KtDpE2nPQTigdeO6iQEw_g2OpZ2rb

So we must contend with the unbreakable will of Zephiel, even long after his death. So be it, we have come too far not to see this through to the end.

ACtC-3fQdMj80pmFGL6PFLqktR2AJi5N6nzE-Zxi

By the grace of st. Elmine, she has truly become a Demon Dragon. How can she stay in that form? Neither Fae, nor Yahn, nor any of the war dragons could make such a display of stamina and draconic strength...

ACtC-3dCkieavejrh8xvBArqfL_RlF9jiJ9Ozn1nACtC-3cOOjeEo3OoZTvP21EtVkK03m5-2uMlKz8p

How wrong Percival is; we must end this NOW.

ACtC-3c3134LpqgqO4OGOxQmumFcoX9qU1uZvZHzACtC-3fUnSaUxd0nUIRtck3vnShJxCVQYeM5qwqQACtC-3fDJiQ30e2jYT5ePKiWADUxvmRn3fhOP1zj

That seems a strange reaction to Demon Dragon. Then again Raigh always was fascinated by dragonkind.

ACtC-3e80jprMNb2E0HAfvxQ1VMxl2TXyb8X3Y72ACtC-3cLtIFhQKPP3frQ_M7celI2mnscSpYpG_2X

...or maybe its just a Druid thing?

ACtC-3dfACno1XG1RKt8uXVrz5-79gqQHgYZ9DfxACtC-3d6efmgkMBcHa-KTa552hgkPTOxF3F_pcDYACtC-3f2RkXcxqbhXVKx3cTiGVJJyFj2kMhFZ312ACtC-3czI6XUKxLfGVa4YWjk1Hsm9aN6gSrqF9MpACtC-3dFKVmw6IMiTTR0NC0YRm1cyKBv91vhX5WR

Roy has truly come into his own, the only one to argue against the ideals of Idoun, and her king based on the merits of humanity.

We still have a battle to win, and she has two dragon bodyguards between us and her.

ACtC-3fROdPBdkDtwCZ_QZq7JOYJIN3-Ygj1PPDOACtC-3ffdt8f6Rv_LCSJaZZB7MBBnltf4qeh3giZACtC-3cR6NXdCWE7pgSYu1v7uejTN62Oshm5HakC

Fortunately we still have enough of the Holy Weapons and Wyrm Slayers to deal with them.

ACtC-3d7ee8oL4HeT-GizqBkU588j56SFaiOzUWRACtC-3ckYvOL62g2UzGsv5tN7lgDQclG0S1IGsCVACtC-3d0aUnfHgphWlz-U19K4-B7bX1YoCPezgMh

More may be trying to burst through the very walls to defend her, but with this second one dead

ACtC-3diEnPSv9L0Dn_E0KvCT5Mr7wHoF3zthiek

and the inspirational example of Deke shining through

ACtC-3fA8U13nFiC8y8IyR68b0RDS4W1efJmKqZN

it all suddenly comes to an end.

ACtC-3fwhT8-MZ_zQR_0xwAnZrKtE1g85_vOoyvqACtC-3eZXYgJZcqybrgktIBWMwfdusPUAwNxSo6D

Just like that the Binding Blade has once again defeated the Demon Dragon.

ACtC-3dr4tAVq8gsDvdaTfIi0-MwUw9OMHH1KoiLACtC-3dxEfvfzWFPY4tH-WCU_8DvsVtzX0GKz92JACtC-3d6G1UmT7NyKufHAX7FBe6KsG5exwz6W6u-

...more alone now than ever. No Yahn to watch over her, or even dragons in Nabata to remind her of her kind. So falls the last dragon in Elibe, who does so more alone than anyone alive could understand.

ACtC-3cpwfV1iK1gY_bZDSer8C47EkSA89dRJk6uACtC-3c85ENPhi9B5_wa7_UjzQs1yW_vtbB75idZACtC-3eNOD1UYvx76Sy-fq_cW4VDZPjrAV3ZREOl

"Everybody out,

Run, run ru-...

Lord Roy"

ACtC-3fPKqCvMddQjbXRKtTf0mRmyh3dqeIx99UH

"Let it go. You don't the luxury she has of falling here. You still have people to take care of, and that care for you."

ACtC-3fmwTYwQKT_CuOPOS4T1D05i5cvy2LJ9gK9ACtC-3cJarBpyOj8YxuFZ-mGBg4Jqxtu1GuziO9mACtC-3eEut3ZYO8AhS4FyUVTAsaQCLTQIjJvwVMPACtC-3cVS3WVbz4OenJOY3kCrZwB3FWyMvpztbRDACtC-3dWlGOWAogOOCeBq0fCxTvM_31VqNCQcbrK

"The legendary weapons shook that very place with each strike. I am glad it held out as long as it did."

ACtC-3cU3xbVSlhRXWfxKV3hKehXsizhaZAvPajOACtC-3fesX3sheJ0rsUTxzAVBpFZGJvcY7X5_DDyACtC-3eZVeNXcq-uvdvVi2Dmm4XKUmXIOTzn6-y0ACtC-3ej5NMGe7fR651rjEwSpcvHoLCWbOBxCri_ACtC-3cEHuOEsVkdD9uClUV7KcmeRCsaadt_Aq-UACtC-3czcMmQ1ZyYn1yhJySGDsIlGunBhNDqNJHz

In many ways Roy is right, that this wasn't the end. There was, and is still so much to do, but in some ways Merlinus was right. It was an end. This always was a battle journal, and the battles are won, and I am looking to retire from this life, and it seems fitting for this journal I began to join me in retirement. Although this could use a more fitting conclusion.

ACtC-3e5i6FDItsTb1azhu-5pmPoAPBrUWgyPertACtC-3fZsjCkqdYB8qip7SR_wtRvZHBlZuhfqdzLACtC-3fMvfLDmXBXpW6qfrHbxCdgyV4z2GVOPJ2MACtC-3fIAy5zfD4EvW_MPAVbiLP-LsNc7OcH9xkW

and epilogue. After the war I entered into the service of the church of St. Elmine, and the ascension of Queen Guinevere would be the next time I saw Lord Roy, if only from afar.

The Ascension of Queen Guinever of Bern

ACtC-3dbjx4b3fLwjmdBg7997lBGLk4XHP4KVCEkACtC-3feA3LsCPWQJRq2KdZdh_GTk85YU_fRrfhQACtC-3fsnkPYA9rwZk91AU2BMrg9QxCM1oDCtD6U

I guess these old snooping habits die hard, but this is an important moment to history. A time of transition, where the battles change from clashing swords to clashing words. It does feel rather odd to return to this old war journal, but its powers are just too useful to pass up at times like this.

ACtC-3fmcTfVE2OjcW8RF9WYFRkdL_JaVyiOvNxNACtC-3fP5o2KMweFvsr6NJ59m7PAaytsl8kL0euZ

The indignity of Etrurian intervention was a major concern to reign of Guinevere's father, King Desmond the Unready, as well. Roy was always one whom appreciated, and understood the value of history.

ACtC-3clyn0mVSyr6JWDmLClEjFXOTSqF1xkUPXkACtC-3cnAia28jd-y46RfEnY7aN4fd9c5RPLykcLACtC-3fT22YlfHzr6suro2gvPCnQ1wQpN2pr9UTo

Strange to think the child Desmond sired of Bern would earn that scorn, while his child of Etrurian stock would not.

ACtC-3c75KOlhjvCvcxOwaQMJRnSR9FUAPTo_aDxACtC-3fym8gEIc5RtCK5OcFXt-vSLlbUhxHaB82cACtC-3cCwjD0LlgmZDhz2vZHl5Zechg46jNtUZLkACtC-3dzB-WQse9pDeW_scjE84MG-IuKUM8HrTrS

The Etrurian army was not gentle to Bern, and Bern lost the better part of a generation fighting its wars of aggression. Guinevere has a long and difficult road ahead of her.

ACtC-3dWIMB3wqiAgcpny85IGbOS0o8ewEbQVZhQACtC-3fUOkPnE5Q1H4vlWoUrqB0-HdCgew5T48H7ACtC-3cG3tPIBCuPiwHgQKaBQJJJ1ahUeU3nLS3m

Roy just can't help getting involved, even if he has his own country to rebuild.

ACtC-3cHFIP61hFSIqr3Ee5y2WCpODxeoEjU-beCACtC-3fNIJzKKNqIIXkNfh4LjKk05aUHJIf9Fx2kACtC-3f4Ky8l2hrSnBh2RzpPJTJaCyi5iRc-mxj7ACtC-3ev-w55w0zHDaT11d74AycHXS7_L9HuF2dIACtC-3dSaE8RXqKI526PpTwk7yop5B7Q_9UEv9GgACtC-3fSA7fLDl-UE64lY7jL8CDpzmNRKarbAyK1

The March of Pharae got hit lighter than most, but banditry and Bernese raider plagued the region while Roy was away, and Eliwood too sick to respond.

ACtC-3cmQ8OIqH0FWvRDSoVE7RRwS35THka6g_5kACtC-3eu7EysCs5_YDHdvBPqKnvEfqWUbu3WRgi1ACtC-3d6Tek76KCugl1w2Lzup_kbqApVA-IdpnoC

Its so easy to forget that the Lycian Alliance was forced to become vassals of Etrurian to buy their protection. As important as it was to free the world from the mad machination of Bern's king, it ended up uniting most of the world under Etruria's throne.

The price of the world was an Etrurian yoke...

ACtC-3fLc42Hmwaly2vJHCy8OTEaxAyyMiXIoYYYACtC-3e6LE1RWmCdIHi1pfFede1j5aZe5Ub9WBoCACtC-3eqUGBOhzTxJxpzreMc9E1zfnjtvX2J4nx3

I can respect that mentality. He has a people to lead, even if he might do more good, and gain more acclaim by influencing the court of Etruria. Then again perhaps he isn't just being modest, there are many whom can't see their own stre-

ACtC-3e8Cwxb1vuM_HSNqMMLlAVeE8VT2YHqpDAx

Oh, I'd best get back.

ACtC-3dxAGKboRsgsDhRfBTEZZ1Oqzq8BT8XwUqUACtC-3fQiMb6kp392Xm5rP6bHJunsqTUx2K7F6THACtC-3fPElake3atMHTNDsnMQCEPQzA3uHB5hFuPACtC-3fPfDLQ-8yGFvPLAzSNtJWCD_9w2HY-3tJ3ACtC-3e3C21QicEInKYfQsxJJzFDA3EYH1e0TaU1ACtC-3caH5U0McPghok4tOUWc5dBQhfiUj3SWylU

It wouldn't do to miss the ceremony, and I'm sure there will be plenty of time to talk to Lord Roy, without interrupting the two of them.

ACtC-3cOa18wJ79Mo7-JsT6LNP9l9rnDHXNc1LnBACtC-3e41S9pMoROl7HmLcQiMsYJ949SYYC2_oOBACtC-3fsV1TNYB2AWFEZSZHM64Mj2E9NDGaUl7RyACtC-3f_VBPLTFGpyHKIKqOu7EjCi2tnuXsLn0dd

Perhaps together they can find a way to forge a way to peace, and freedom.

ACtC-3c0cl29or1XlJM0aBO9COT18XbmBxG77MUMACtC-3chw4TPLA5EmCIkEpLvTXKb2cevAG9WDoQ9

Many Years Later.

It has been a while since I have last written in this, but it felt like a nice way to remember

ACtC-3edJcaug-puAKrcqD7AXgedI8K29FghdGn7

by sharing where they all ended up.

ACtC-3fobp5K0-eMo6fK9OGAZGiMzGXhV1HOSjZRACtC-3cmZPvgiv49ukUOtDMpdqtCSH171CGLh2kyACtC-3dtFqGuXL1wbx78XzRFcCTV_LRM16FOf7opACtC-3eSuv8-UlZY6gd3VZLrbyQqFb5ZhLu1IjWmACtC-3e6G3ZgQtouYnVTp1QryV4E6ZsXpt-xQK3mACtC-3d2-4wdoZnV7K_clXorCV0e4fQpkGxsgaKEACtC-3dX4GR6i0rFdrMJfkBphEYGRUJn6Kb_i4b0ACtC-3cpkxassnRDfWAD41ZPaBSHNV_WVW_tygnxACtC-3cc2r411F2W8c4y8FmMNk4LfulskWKg3lh8ACtC-3f4VbBMNB3ZPfDKa4GjOzFYJFSI85b4wB-s

Although I must admit I have only kept in close contact with these few. I have gathered a tiny bit of info on the rest, but its not much more than a blurb, and few key block prints.

ACtC-3c8wOBGtOkL3vhNhunIdrPp2y2-Muw5PhkS

I know Sue made a name for herself as the new head of the Kutolah. Then again

ACtC-3d5fnHLgwFxgwSUlHNYK2gDetXBgrl7eNvu

not all block prints are accurate representations of real life events, no matter how iconic they have become.

ACtC-3eK_YvsR3fcz1oshQC3icycLJk_eqAMfQQ-

Like the coronation having a far more eclectic crowd than this for instance. Although I suppose both serve the purpose of giving the people confidence in their leader.

ACtC-3fUPuT-n2TKwOqybk_h0hKpqUn6Y8ukqueqACtC-3feJ1yzfU_H98HJKqXgAWirCpOnS2nORkNTACtC-3dlNzpbrgygynC61Ou0gReGxSN6misbp9HUACtC-3dkpJgpra0i7Rq4zfK7weP_UlFCY0Abd8gfACtC-3f0XcbTOFg1dwhoJuayh0i95exxQKf53E3PACtC-3d7VMxlHDq_hhVNqMqtvf7x01NS7VndofMu

Its strange to look back on that long struggle we all went through in such cold and calculating number

ACtC-3cgkfnfFj5l_t9DuwY26ZT493htNr52FozwACtC-3cSHVOttu9aIuZNTx1uFUqfu0Zo3hKyW3gQ

Its tragic how many fell in the last gasp of Bern's great army. Its seems a bit morbid, but perhaps I should send a letter to the instructor @Benice they had leading the army back then, as I have even less info on what became of him than I do these warriors.

ACtC-3eG6jhG9voSBi-VHjbJT5FjLC7tadGHspDLACtC-3cn4T1Kpe0Ck5h8ag4WTPKbwgv1XrSKSJWS

All the death under my watch were tragic, but Fae, last of the divine dragons of Arcadia especially so. Perhaps if she lived...

I guess we will never know what might of happened if Dragonkind had not been driven to its ultimate extinction.

ACtC-3eLcWjYkWkk_mEaT4l--FRpAD61Baj16_c9ACtC-3cN25fCpFEkhpXHHtk2ROXSGqS7N1zjFj5kACtC-3fN_4IzhZdy3upEm0270FIWzdn7QADPUxR5

The further crippling of Prince Myyrdin, and death of the Mage General was a heavy toll for Etruria to pay, although I found the more personal losses of Fir's father, and the wayward Cath more impactful. Its important for us all to remember the high cost of the conquest of Bern.

ACtC-3doHlZH6IIuqs41rqe9pxCN_zKgF7losHdqACtC-3f6En67Rs0lvu9pxYAa0NXkmW86Fq06LOVmACtC-3cN_EQzF0sr1xQgZMNryMZu8XtnkzgCMmd1

The Western Isles claimed lives as well, including that of the almost forgotten tactician @Dayni that led the army before his untimely demise.

ACtC-3dFdwIPsqdE3qKcRdLmd4yG1DzXqY1dfAoGACtC-3dGeuJ5FfESLgtR4jCWDojZb2uRXMteF-R6

The death in Ostia were one of my greatest failures. I have worked so hard to find redemption, but in the end they are simply something I am going to have to live with.

ACtC-3dISYGdDCUHMRUsSM_vitvwR0u3nBZSrOqM

This Rutger is a strange character, an obscure footnote in the chronicle of this war, listed as the first major casualty of Roy's army. Look back at the entries from @Garlyle it seems a matter of ill fate, rather than any tactical failing.

ACtC-3ek_7gGZWJDKM3Z5wGTgmxMtgyxGTxwDSI3ACtC-3egf-czzWMVEmpuDsq_Xjeum1VSDHpTuEjgACtC-3fxooT1A8ULQV0ZL-WO__RrT2q1n_xC628tACtC-3doghQ5wNWunMEMaxy7iQkhBUPmup1K0GdvACtC-3fX48x01gq2xmjnt-ONmFsP_gxBR9ZbkmiEACtC-3fulpVZre_vO4tLuN3ucT5WVBk3l5C_fdQZ

In retrospect I should have gathered a bit of information about what became of the tactician of this great war as well. I think I shall write them, like the ever resourceful (and only one with no deaths upon their conscience) @eclipse, but for now I must bring this to a close. Like the events of Queen Guinever's coronation, this is a time of transition, although in this case for my own tale instead. Tomorrow is the day of my enthronement as bishop in the St. Elmine Church. It is time to put this chapter of life behind me. I have put off penning this for a long time...

ACtC-3dc4kIrZy2F6otawNl1fb6pb5C9L4QtPy15

So it ends. I will change the name shortly to indicate this has been completed, although if anyone whom played wants to they can add an entry about what became of their tactician if they wish, and I will add a link to the main page to it as well.

Thank you all who participated, this was a lot of fun (although organizing people is clearly not among my strong suits), and thank all of you who have read and commented upon it. I hope you all have enjoyed this project as much as I have.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3cgkfnfFj5l_t9DuwY26ZT493htNr52FozwACtC-3cSHVOttu9aIuZNTx1uFUqfu0Zo3hKyW3gQ

Its tragic how many fell in the last gasp of Bern's great army. Its seems a bit morbid, but perhaps I should send a letter to the instructor @Benice they had leading the army back then, as I have even less info on what became of him than I do these warriors.

"Dear diary, I have seen the error in my ways. All the push-ups in the world failed to save eight mighty soldiers. That freeloader Cath had it coming, though. Still, all nine of these deaths have shown me that maybe, just maybe, push-ups cannot solve the world's problems. As such, I intend to move back to Lycia, reform my life, and become a Gym teacher-My students will do so many crunches that they will never fall! Bright days await Elibe as the next generation will solve all of their problems through crunches!"

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3cmZPvgiv49ukUOtDMpdqtCSH171CGLh2ky

Holy cow, Deke really did hard carry the run until I showed up.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

These two photos will haunt me forever. Both Milady deaths were me as well.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3fN_4IzhZdy3upEm0270FIWzdn7QADPUxR5

Cecilia's death honestly hurt the second-most in terms of pride, since her death was easily the most avoidable of all the ones I caused. Bartre was pretty bad too, though. Admittedly, Barte Armads wasn't needed, as Deke needed one battle in ch. 24 to reach S...

23 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3cc2r411F2W8c4y8FmMNk4LfulskWKg3lh8

No regrets. I only wish I could have used him more liberally in 24, but I forgot to buy heal staves.

Congrats!

I actually recently finished an ironman of FE6 on my own, and have been watching this one for a bit. The deaths for mine were as follows:

Deaths:

Spoiler

Fir chapter 23

She was at base level, and got attacked by a wyvern.

Wendy chapter 22 

I had trained her, but I accidently let her take on too many enemies on enemy phase.

Dieck chapter 22

Fell off.

Garret chapter 22

He got doubled and one-rounded by a druid.

Sophia chapter 20

I had trained her and she was speed blessed, but she died.

Echidna chapter 16

Mages from the south will strike.

Cecilia chapter 15

I did not look before placing, and she got onerounded.

Lance chapter 11 

He got hit by a surprise halberd that had NINE displayed hit.

Chad chapter 7

Wyvern

Saul chapter 7

Wyvern

Marcus chapter 4

I do not remember what happened there.

Wolt Chapter 3

One-rounded by a cav

Ellen chapter 5

oneshot by a handaxe

Ward chapter 5

Doubled.

Lot chapter 5

Enemy phase.

Only other noteworthy thing was Shanna getting to durandal without grinding for it.

Edited by Hello72207