Canon class expansions you would like to see?

Each character has canon classes in which their timeskip outfit is used, but these are rather limited and notably don't include Master classes. Which classes would you like to see added to a character's canon class list?

Byleth

I would like to see Myrmidon, Mercenary, Swordmaster, and Mortal Savant inherit the Byleth's canon Commoner outfit.

All characters:

The Master class upgrade of their canon Advanced class should always carry over the outfit.

Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant

Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight

Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord

Snipers -> Bow Knight

Bishops -> Gremory & Holy Knight

Warlocks -> Gremory & Dark Knight

Dark Bishop -> Dark Knight

Warriors & Grapplers -> Warmasters

Fortress Knight -> Great Knight

Character Specific:

Ferdinand - add Great Knight

Leonie - add Bow Knight

Sylvain - add Great Knight

Lorenz - add Dark Knight

Edited by Etheus

i feel like outside of just adding a class to their timeskip outffit use repitoire, maybe designing a unique outfit for a master class for each unit?  

and yes, sylvains 'cannon' master class seems to be great knight rather then dark knight.

I agree with OP that any canon class that has a direct Master Class upgrade should have the timeskip outfit applied to it as well.

Hilda: Wyvern. She's canonically a Warrior, but her proficiencies lean so easily into Wyvern and she even asks to focus on Axe/Flying in one of her monestary questions iirc. I've also seen her shown off in pre-release footage as a Pegasus and Dancer so maybe that too?

Big Raph: Fortress Knight. Honestly surprised that he uses the generic here.

Ignatz & Shamir: Assassin. The former has it is his main proficiency line, the latter is an actual spy.

Felix: Sniper, Assassin and/or Grappler. Felix has so many proficiencies all over the place, I have no clue what else makes sense for him outside of swordmaster. I think his timeskip look does work as a sniper though.

Cyril: Sniper. I always just assumed that Cyril got the Petra treatment and had his look on both Sniper and Wyvern, as I've seen him as a Wyvern and he's clearly wearing archer gear in his timeskip look...but his Sniper (and of course Bow Knight) just have a green recolor of the generic look. Boo. A shame since his proficiencies very obviously veer towards both Wyvern and bow Knight.

1 minute ago, Jakkun said:

Hilda: Wyvern. She's canonically a Warrior, but her proficiencies lean so easily into Wyvern and she even asks to focus on Axe/Flying in one of her monestary questions iirc.

Wait, isn't Wyvern Rider considered one of her canon classes too?

2 minutes ago, Jakkun said:

I've seen him as a Wyvern and he's clearly wearing archer gear in his timeskip look...but his Sniper (and of course Bow Knight) just have a green recolor of the generic look.

That's a weird oversight...as you said, Petra has her "canon" outfit for both Assassin and Wyvern Rider despite the two having nothing in common, so it's so weird that Cyril doesn't get the same treatment...

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, isn't Wyvern Rider considered one of her canon classes too?

Nope, her only canon class (going by her timeskip appearance) is Warrior. We as the playerbase heavily associate her with being a Wyvern Rider because of how easy of a fit she is in the class, and probably also because War Master isn't available to girls for some stupid reason.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a weird oversight...as you said, Petra has her "canon" outfit for both Assassin and Wyvern Rider despite the two having nothing in common, so it's so weird that Cyril doesn't get the same treatment...

Yeah...it doesn't make any sense to me either. Judging from his character and supports with characters like Shamir, I would've assumed that Cyril's canon class is supposed to be Bow Knight, whereas Wyvern is an option for him because of his Almyran roots. Turns out it's the opposite if what the game is telling me makes any sense. He wants to be a Wyvern Rider that dabbles in bows, whereas Bow Knight is just there for flavor it seems.

Disagree with Swordmaster->Mortal Savant retaining the same oufit. I just wanna turn Catherine into a weeb, dammit! Honestly, it seems kinda dumb having a character promote, only to look exactly the same. I could get behind stuff like Shamir keeping her canon style as a Bow Knight, because the horse makes her look different.

22 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Disagree with Swordmaster->Mortal Savant retaining the same oufit. I just wanna turn Catherine into a weeb, dammit! Honestly, it seems kinda dumb having a character promote, only to look exactly the same. I could get behind stuff like Shamir keeping her canon style as a Bow Knight, because the horse makes her look different.

Or, you know, they could add it as an option to the Journal?

I don't want anyone to look like a Mortal Savant. Ever. And I should have the choice not to.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Or, you know, they could add it as an option to the Journal?

I don't want anyone to look like a Mortal Savant. Ever. And I should have the choice not to.

If it were a journal option, that'd probably be the best compromise. In "canon classes", character could choose between "personal" and "class" outfits.

And you have the choice not to, by not using the class, haha. It's not even a very good class.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I agree, Mortal Savants look like hot garbage without the hat, i.e. like Fortress knights and many other generic classes, they look terrible on anything but generic enemies.

@Fire Flower This would lead to funny results such as magic class Sylvain casting spells while in a full set of armor, but that's the best part, isn't it?

I mean, Dark Knights exist, its not THAT unique.

Edited by CyberNinja

I really like that the characters have different outfits in each class, so I certainly don't want them to have more classes where their default outfit is just lazily copied over. Though I wouldn't mind the option to let them change to their default outfit regardless of job, if they wanted.