Cases of "Getting C**p Past the Radar" In Three Houses

Getting C**p Past the Radar, as it's referred to in TV Tropes (link below), refers to cases where a piece of media somehow manages to sneak in content that normally is way beyond that piece of media's rating and normally would be censored. Fire Emblem games usually have had one or two cases of this per game, though Awakening and Fates really ramped up the amount of stuff of this nature, despite Nintendo Treehouse normally coming down hard on stuff like that. 

What are some such moments in this game that you noticed? Was there a moment that may have made you laugh and think, "How did that not get censored?" 

To be clear, this isn't about whether or not you think it should've been censored; just something that you're surprised wasn't censored. 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GettingCrapPastTheRadar

Also, I'm not sure if I worded this well, or if the title I've given this thread is really the best title I could give it. Any suggestions?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one quest where Rhea of all people wants you to give a couple of your students "herbal remedies" to make them feel more comfortable at the Monastery.  And your reward for completing it is a "tasty baked treat".

Immediately, this comes to mind.

Hilda: That's sweet, Caspar. Thanks! Well, since you're offering, why don't you
come to my room? I thought of something you can do for me.

Caspar: Your room? Are you redecorating? Or moving out?

Hilda: You're really oblivious, huh? I don't know what to do with you, Caspar.

Caspar: I don't follow.

Hilda: I, uh, could use some help carrying luggage.

Caspar: Is that it? That's no problem at all!

1 minute ago, Fire Flower said:

I have yet to play the game, but a video about their support conversations appeared and I watched it. If I'm honest, that moment inspired me to make this thread 😂

Earlier in that very conversation, there was also this:

Caspar: Sure, but if your plan is to guilt someone into offering their help, isn't that the same, or worse?

Hilda: Oh, my dear Caspar! Guilt isn't why they offer. (She says while winking)

Admittedly, this one's a little less... blatant than that one you pointed out. 

18 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Thinly veiled, but the way Dorothea hesitates when telling F!Byleth that she lost her undershirt makes me think it was actually her bra. Which means Caspar was obliviously wiping her bra on his face.

Reveal hidden contents

Lucky bastard.

Between this and his support with Hilda, I'm thinking that Caspar is actually the biggest Chad in Garreg Mach lmao

21 hours ago, Jakkun said:

Between this and his support with Hilda, I'm thinking that Caspar is actually the biggest Chad in Garreg Mach lmao

IDK, man. Judging by his support with Hilda, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still a virgin at that point.

10 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

IDK, man. Judging by his support with Hilda, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still a virgin at that point.

The rarely seen Virgin Chad.

7 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That one quest where Rhea of all people wants you to give a couple of your students "herbal remedies" to make them feel more comfortable at the Monastery.  And your reward for completing it is a "tasty baked treat".

Speaking of Rhea

Not long ago Nintendo changed LucinaXOwain ending from husband wife to companions to avoid implication of incest. (despite cousin marriage was quite common among nobles)

Then now we have high king Byleth and his queen Rhea... 😋 At least it's well written and tied into the story.

(I consider it as top 3 S support in the game actually.)

Edited by Timlugia

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Judging from the fact that Hilda and Caspar's paired ending mentions them having lots of children, something tells me that, once she was... upfront about what she wanted, he understood...

@sunshinescj @Timlugia Something I forgot to mention: feel free to mention story spoilers, but please put them in spoiler tags. 

12 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

I immediately came here to comment this.

Thank you for doing it for me.

In other subjects: just how dark the game is.

My dumbass thought this would be a happy game.

Cheating because I saw it on tvtrope but : while gardening, one of the cultivation option is called "pegasus blessing". Convert that to real-life horse and... well...

On the same subject, Holst's personal "issue" in hilda's and edelgard's paralogue might count as well (but I haven't played those yet, so I dunno how subtle they are about it).

12 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

On the same subject, Holst's personal "issue" in hilda's and edelgard's paralogue might count as well (but I haven't played those yet, so I dunno how subtle they are about it).

His stomach issue? Lol.

Hilda was totally inviting Caspar into her room for some bow chicka bow wow at that A support.

Also, Claude and Flayn's support. Flayn was looking for erotica.

Edited by Dragoncat

11 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Wait, what?

She was asking about books in the library, Claude suggests she'd find books more to her taste in town. I don't remember the specifics but she was basically acting for romance/erotica

Spoiler

Since she's a sexually repressed ~1000 year old dragon

Edited by CyberNinja

19 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

She was asking about books in the library, Claude suggests she'd find books more to her taste in town. I don't remember the specifics but she was basically acting for romance/erotica

Hide contents

Since she's a sexually repressed ~1000 year old dragon

Oh! Now I get it.

Does Claude’s famous “I’d let you grasp me any day. My hand, my heart, even my neck” count?

I mean, there are two ways to look at it. One is Hilda grasping Claude’s neck because she’s angry, but the other...

Spoiler

Is some kinky stuff.

Also

1 hour ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Cheating because I saw it on tvtrope but : while gardening, one of the cultivation option is called "pegasus blessing". Convert that to real-life horse and... well...

The title of this thread, gone literal.

All down to interpretation, but during that explore month in Crimson Flower where Edelgard

locks herself in her room with her professor painting and begs you not to touch the doorknob, some have speculated she was going beyond “admiring her handiwork”.

Edited by Escape the Fate

30 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Does Claude’s famous “I’d let you grasp me any day. My hand, my heart, even my neck” count?

Yeah. It doesn't help that he follows it up by saying "But if you want to know all of my secrets, you'll have to bare yours as well."

I just watched a video for M!Byleth and Dorothea's support conversations. At one point, as a way of teasing him, she says this:

Dorothea: You know, Professor, I never hear any gossip about you. Of a romantic nature, I mean. 

Dorothea: Would I be right in assuming you're not very... experienced with romance? Maybe we should find out somehow?

Now; normally I would think this is garden-variety teasing about someone's love-life (or lack-there-of), but, when she says the second part, she looks down. Of course, she's just messing with him to see how he'll react, but still...

I should probably also point out that this happens pre-timeskip. 

22 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Thinly veiled, but the way Dorothea hesitates when telling F!Byleth that she lost her undershirt makes me think it was actually her bra. Which means Caspar was obliviously wiping her bra on his face.

Perhaps a bit grosser, but I saw someone speculate that it might have been some sort of cloth menstrual pad.

Yuck.