Cases of "Getting C**p Past the Radar" In Three Houses

7 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Perhaps a bit grosser, but I saw someone speculate that it might have been some sort of cloth menstrual pad.

Yuck.

Okay where is this line even at? It's not in supports.

Also "undershirt" for a pad? I'm not buying it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay where is this line even at? It's not in supports.

Also "undershirt" for a pad? I'm not buying it.

It wasn't in the game, it was some guy on Reddit.

Dorothea probably went with whatever euphemism she thought of first.

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

It wasn't in the game, it was some guy on Reddit.

I mean where in the game is the line we're speculating about.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

I mean where in the game is the line we're speculating about.

Month 2, I think.

You talk to Dorothea, who mentions that she lost her "undershirt" which blew away in the wind, and then you find Caspar in the training hall who mentions that he's using this rag he found to wipe sweat off his head.

2 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Month 2, I think.

You talk to Dorothea, who mentions that she lost her "undershirt" which blew away in the wind, and then you find Caspar in the training hall who mentions that he's using this rag he found to wipe sweat off his head.

I found Caspar and the sweat rag. But not Dorothea and her part. Dammit.

At least it wasn't used yet? Also Caspar would have to be stupid as a bag of rocks to think a bra is a rag, so it might have been an Aunt Flo rag.

Edited by Dragoncat

Well, now I’m curious if Dorothea gets mad if you say you’ll help her find it as M!Byleth, since she’s super relieved if you say you will help yourself verses referring to asking Manuela as F!Byleth. 

In things they DID NOT get past the radar, the changed Bernadetta dialogue in which she mentioned being tied to a chair by her father to learn to be a submissive wife, changed to cut out the latter part entirely. Big ol yikes once it clicked. 

35 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

In things they DID NOT get past the radar, the changed Bernadetta dialogue in which she mentioned being tied to a chair by her father to learn to be a submissive wife, changed to cut out the latter part entirely. Big ol yikes once it clicked. 

Kirokun (I think) translated the original Japanese, and actually the first English version added the submissive wife part, so when it was changed it's now actually closer to the original. But I agree that it didn't hurt having it in there.

3 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Perhaps a bit grosser, but I saw someone speculate that it might have been some sort of cloth menstrual pad.

Yuck.

Since she mentions it's a small blue cloth? Don't know if it changes dialogue for F!Byleth but given that and the extreme stoic face Byleth has when Caspar talks about it being good for wiping sweat. Yea, that's exactly what it was.

Good for wiping sweat and other things too.png

Good for wiping sweat and other things too 2.png

if only you knew.png

Really don't know where the undershirt thing is coming from, other than it appearing in an earlier trailer build (i.e. an older Tree House translation) thus I can only assume that its been perpetuated by word of mouth from people who haven't actually played the game, or speed readers.

Edited by CyberNinja

She calls it her undershirt if you play as F!Byleth, i.e. she's being a bit more open about what it is. Don't see any reason to believe she's lying.

Playing as male vs female also switches which response gives you support points.

6 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

She calls it her undershirt if you play as F!Byleth, i.e. she's being a bit more open about what it is. Don't see any reason to believe she's lying.

Playing as male vs female also switches which response gives you support points.

Appears you are correct. Image for others.

pale blue.png

Double checked and Caspar's dialogue doesn't change, so there's no gender-dependent change in what is lost.

Edited by CyberNinja

6 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Yeah, that was a really funny and neat little detail they added 😛

As for Manuela...yeah, a good portion of her m!Byleth dialogue is quite...risque 😕

10 hours ago, Soroen said:

Surprised no one talked about this one yet.

ECG9aKPUIAEwUjl.jpeg

Oh my; that's probably more risqué than what Hilda said to Caspar. I'm guessing that the context is something... not necessarily innocent, but not what this line sounds like when isolated. 

1 minute ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Um...no. In context, she's very clearly propositioning you. Although it may have been her teasing you, I don't remember for sure.

Okay... Then I stand by what I said before that: that's even more blatant and risqué than what Hilda said to Caspar. 

Wasnt there a part with the golden deer where claude says he swiped some "finally aged cheese" from the cafeteria? This is for a celebration.

Edited by Tenee

1 hour ago, Tenee said:

"finally aged cheese"

He says finely aged cheese, if that's what you're referring to?

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm guessing that the context is something... not necessarily innocent,

Yeah, as @Sid Starkiller said, this comes out of nowhere and is exactly what it sounds like. Not my favourite moment in the game, you can be sure of that...

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

He says finely aged cheese, if that's what you're referring to?

Yeah, as @Sid Starkiller said, this comes out of nowhere and is exactly what it sounds like. Not my favourite moment in the game, you can be sure of that...

Oh yeah, ahaha, yeah that came from my phone and i didnt notice it. Sounds like an alcohol reference though.

2 hours ago, Tenee said:

Oh yeah, ahaha, yeah that came from my phone and i didnt notice it. Sounds like an alcohol reference though.

I don't think this one is a euphemism since people actually do eat aged cheese (some edible cheese is as old as 18 years). Kind of gross if you ask me, but everyone has their tastes, I suppose. 

1 minute ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I don't think this one is a euphemism since people actually do eat aged cheese (some edible cheese is as old as 18 years). Kind of gross if you ask me, but everyone has their tastes, I suppose. 

Mmm cheese.

Your avatar reminds me: the scene where Dimitri fucking snaps. Dear lord I didn't expect that scene.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Your avatar reminds me: the scene where Dimitri fucking snaps. Dear lord I didn't expect that scene.

You know, that could be a minor example of this thread too. Considering what he does in that scene (spoiler just in case):

Spoiler

He literally breaks a dude's face/neck with one hand off-screen. It's only indicated by the sound, but damn is that scary. 

6 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

You know, that could be a minor example of this thread too. Considering what he does in that scene (spoiler just in case):

Hide contents

He literally breaks a dude's face/neck with one hand off-screen. It's only indicated by the sound, but damn is that scary. 

I mean, that was my point.

Still, it's freaky.