Cases of "Getting C**p Past the Radar" In Three Houses

11 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

You know, that could be a minor example of this thread too. Considering what he does in that scene (spoiler just in case):

Reveal hidden contents

He literally breaks a dude's face/neck with one hand off-screen. It's only indicated by the sound, but damn is that scary. 

Yeah, I think that definitely fits here. I know this is in the middle of a story of battles and weapons, but that scene was really something.

Spoiler

Not only that, but slicing away a bunch of soldiers with a single sweep of his lance...his strength really isn't just for laughs, is it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I think that definitely fits here. I know this is in the middle of a story of battles and weapons, but that scene was really something.

Reveal hidden contents

Not only that, but slicing away a bunch of soldiers with a single sweep of his lance...his strength really isn't just for laughs, is it?

Also

Spoiler

the fact that after he breaks the neck, his face is splattered with blood.... and then he has that. creepy. sadistic laugh. yah. wow.  I remember being legit freaked out.

I will say the ones that cracked me upa lot were the HIlda/Claude/Dorothea sexual-innuendos with some units. it just helped make the game more realistic. 

I did find Claude using dastard with the B (a few times) was sort of kinda cool considering that no one else (even Dimitri) used it. just a little wink-nudge of his heritage. 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

just a little wink-nudge of his heritage. 

How so?

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Also

Reveal hidden contents

the fact that after he breaks the neck, his face is splattered with blood.... and then he has that. creepy. sadistic laugh. yah. wow.  I remember being legit freaked out.

Forgot about the timing of events there...yeah, that's pretty creepy. Poor guy?

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How so?

Forgot about the timing of events there...yeah, that's pretty creepy. Poor guy?

Spoiler

the fact that he's from Almyra. I figured (well head-cannoned). they don't use fancy polite words like dastard. they use flat out use bad ones 😉 )

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

When? Which trailer? I watched all three trailers. I don't recall a single moment like that.

People were thinking Dimitri and Edelgard were gonna be an item due to a dance trailer, but turns out it was with random NPCs.  Since we know who they are and from playing the game.  It sort of feels like implied incest that just wasn't added to the game.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:07 PM, Rezzy said:

The rarely seen Virgin Chad.

Caspar really is a shonen protagonist.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, Modirufa6317 said:

Cheating because I saw it on tvtrope but : while gardening, one of the cultivation option is called "pegasus blessing". Convert that to real-life horse and... well...

On the same subject, Holst's personal "issue" in hilda's and edelgard's paralogue might count as well (but I haven't played those yet, so I dunno how subtle they are about it).

What's with Holst's personal issue? I remember it being a stomach thing and it didn't have other implications. What am I missing?

On 10/20/2019 at 2:36 PM, Erosword said:

The trailer leading us on to believe we would get incest.

But we do...

Spoiler

High King Byleth: "Let me introduce you to my beloved queen (Grandmother/Sister/Aunt/Daughter) Archbishop Rhea"

People were thinking Dimitri and Edelgard were gonna be an item due to a dance trailer, but turns out it was with random NPCs.  Since we know who they are and from playing the game.  It sort of feels like implied incest that just wasn't added to the game.

On the other hand, the trailer didn't really imply incest to me at all back then, since we didn't know they were step-sibling pre-release. (except from Thani leak)

It wasn't until you played AM Dimitri told you about it on the night of the dance.

Edited by Timlugia

I'm keeping mine under spoilers since it might trigger people

Spoiler

The way how Manuela "talks with" Cyril in their supports is borderline sexual assault/rape. Compare it to Lon'qu and Maribelle from awakening, and there's a huge difference. At least Lonk was getting support

• 1 month later...

Basically any of the torture surrounding certain characters like

Spoiler

Edelgard and Lysithea's Past

Coupled with Dimitri's

Spoiler

Homicidal tendencies and overall psychotic attitude

make me wonder how this game ever managed to not get an MA rating.

In fact Dimitri post timeskip in general makes me wonder that, in some routes his 

Spoiler

Death

Is downright depressing and seems like something that would be in a Dark fantasy novel, not Fire Emblem, this series is for Teens.