New Heroes Approach: Zofia's Call (Oct. 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Nice to finally see some SoV love. Overall, this banner don’t look so awesome in terms of fodder (excluding atk/spd bond 4).

I’m pretty sure no one will be demoted (however the addition of Valbar as a normal unit in the pool is really appreciated) I hope he gets decent skills.

I was hoping for Luthier, I want the siblings together. Maybe I’ll pull for Silque.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Naga a banner I can skip since I am still going for H!Hector and Lilina. I am happy Valbar is in so Leon can moon over him in peace.  I am a bit mad that Forsyth isn't a lance infantry like Lucas.  I will use  the tickets to try for Python because I love my snarky archers and I will hope he demotes so I can merge him.  Conrad being the GHB means I now have hope for Cormag on Brave Redux.

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

Oops.

So there's just one female left and tons of male.

The next Sov banner is going to be a whole 180.

That is the reason we have one female alt and SIlque pretty much being the face of the banner, to allow the rest of the update be filled with males (4:2)

Kind of eh on Catria being here as an alt as I was hoping they'd permanently move away from alts on New Heroes banners. Business-wise though, I can see why they did it since as mentioned before Tatiana is probably going to be withheld until the next banner with Zeke and none of the other characters are easy whale bait, so falling back on Catria was a safe move. 

Anyway, outside of maybe Slique and Conrad (who's a GHB) none of the characters really wow me so I don't really see a reason to pull on this banner. I'll probably save my orbs for the upcoming Farfetched banner in the hopes that Nils and Jill are on it. 

36 minutes ago, Nym said:

Nice banner!

How many playable character are left for SoV?

• Zeke
  • Tatiana
  • Atlas
  • Nomah
  • Valbar   (Nvm, he got Bantued)
  • Kamui
  • Deen
  • Jesse

It's weird to think that Valentia is so close to having a full playable cast already considering it took two years to get another banner. It'll still probably be a while until we get all of them (especially Deen since he's pretty unpopular), but I look forward to seeing this list completed. 

Edited by Medeus

I'm not sure I'll be summoning for anyone here but I really like this banner! Catria is getting an alt but they're also giving us FIVE new characters, so I'm okay with it. It also means that Nils has gotta be a lock for Farfetched/Brave Redux 3, since Conrad is being added here, which makes me a very happy person.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

I thought I should mention just in case that Python is a green bow caw

So? Why should that matter? Because he’s not colorless and thus “unique”? Colored bows are often considered worse than their non-colored originals and Python’s fodder while alright is far from earth shattering.

Forsyth and Catria aren’t going anywhere for obvious reasons, and Silque has Dazzling Staff which is more valuable than whatever Python offers. Not to mention Silque would be the third healer in a row to demote which... doesn’t seem likely at all. 

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

I thought I should mention just in case that Python is a green bow caw

And? They've literally given out two bow cavaliers as TT units this year. Being colored (which probably makes him worse than a colorless one anyways) shouldn't stop him and that very meh kit from demoting. 

Oooh some nice goodies to look through!

~Wait... this is pretty much how I used Forsyth in my original SoV playthrough, minus the in-battle constant healing... he always took so little damage and always healed it off thanks to the Blessed Lance he wielded.
...anyway, he looks pretty good, all things considered. Being able to heal in-combat without having to rely on Noontime, Sol, or Aether feels pretty good, though I'd sooner give him Vengeful Fighter than rely on his player-phase...

~Wow, our first colored colorless demote!
...well he may as well be. I mean... the Short Bow is one thing, but he has Blue Tomebreaker! It's finally leaving the Grail unit pool! I will be disappointed if it isn't his 4* skill, to be quite honest.

~Oh come on... the Witchy Wand is finally leaving the seasonal pool AND it looks awesome to boot? But I just gave my only Witchy Wand to Elise already...
...oh right Silque. Well... she looks pretty good. Not sure why we care about Staff EXP, but you know whatever.

~Catria as a Valentian Falcon Knight, eh...? Neat, though I'd like to point out that Valentian Falcon Knights use Lances, so... anyway, Atk/Spd Bond, ooh nasty. Astra Blade looks plain mean to low Def units... otherwise I expect her to be a beefed up Sword Flier version of her normal self, which is by no means a bad thing... it's too much of a good thing.

~Someone get Leon a new pair of pants, I think he tore a hole in his...
Not expecting much interesting or new from Valbar considering he's Valentia's epitome of what it means to be an armor unit, which these days is pretty much the standard of literally any armor...

~Conrad, eh...? So soon after we got Sirius to, that'll be an awkward conversation...

Well it doesn't matter how cool they look, I'm probably not gonna be able to summon much from this banner anyway... unless the game wants to be REALLY nice to me and just give me Elise real easy?

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Silverly said:

So? Why should that matter? Because he’s not colorless and thus “unique”? Colored bows are often considered worse than their non-colored originals and Python’s fodder while alright is far from earth shattering.

Forsyth and Catria aren’t going anywhere for obvious reasons, and Silque has Dazzling Staff which is more valuable than whatever Python offers. Not to mention Silque would be the third healer in a row to demote which... doesn’t seem likely at all. 

Just pointing out this would be the first colored archer players would have a "easy" time of getting. There's RNG of course when getting anything in the 3-4 star pool, but he would be a "premium" type of unit for f2p players to have due to the typing not really existing for the f2p pool before. If anything he'd be our first demoted cav archer. Of course how good he is will be determined by what stats he'll have.

@Tybrosion See above.

But it seems like the more I gaze into this the more I think IS doesn't want us to see any patterns. Usually it'd be like hype->semi-hype->boring->very hype when it comes to new heroes banners, but they can just do whatever they really want.

It's not that strange of a pattern to break. At least not as weird as Gharnef being the only GHB not related to a closely released banner in a very long ass

Edited by redlight

Very nice looking banner. It gets a non-seasonal Witchy Wand into the pool, and Python looks like a great demote and finally brings Blue Tomebreaker to the summoning pool. Valbar at 3-4-star also means a really high BST mergable unit for scoring purposes.

A little confused about Catria being here, but seeing how few female units were left to add from Echoes makes it more understandable. She is also the unit I want the most (I really like the Whitewings), so my tickets will be going to red stones, but I won't spend a lot of orbs here as I need to save.

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Did anyone else initially think Hidari was doing Silque's artwork?

Because wow, the artist they got for her here actually got her very close to her look in Echoes.

She's drawn by lack, who's previously drawn units like Beruka, Fallen Tiki and Hot Spring Camilla in Heroes. This Silque art is some of their best looking art yet I think.

Conrad's art got revealed. He's asserting dominance in his attack artwork. Drawn by Teita I think. Same face as Byleth and Arvis.

And he really has barrier lance. Fuck. Why couldn't they have given him the prf treatment similarly to Forsyth? Duma's Lance and other named weapons are just lying on the table from SoV

Edited by redlight

Was about to complain about a return of alts in new heroes banners but I can't do so in good conscience with this new trend they've started to add new units directly into the 3-4* pool.

Python is one of my favourite characters too (and Forsyth and Conrad two of those I hate most!).

So, they are doing reveal trailers four days in advance now? Also, the Valentian versions of the Whitewings Sisters are possibilities for Heroes now? Personally, I am okay with this because I always kind of liked seeing alts of popular characters on New Heroes banners. I liked how Catria mentioned going to several different countries in her intro quote though technically Catria shouldn't be using a sword here since Falcon Knights from Valentia didn't use swords. Oh well, I will take a sword flier over another lance flier.

Still, as much as I like Valentia this banner is a pass for me especially with Farfetched 3.0 right on the horizon.

With Conrad being a GHB here I guess that means Shinon is next in line to show up on Farfetched Heroes assuming Lif and Bruno are out of the running. Kind of sucks for Conrad fans though since if he was on Farfetched he would probably have been a good unit but here he is probably going to end up being another generic lance cavalier.

This feels like a leftover 2018 banner due to the random alt of a B tier popularity character. But I also love Echoes and will not say no to six more of its wonderful roster. Didn't get Mycen, but we did get Valbar like we should have had this whole time.

I am a very firm believer of "work with the knowledge you know." and it does help that My first two mias were (minus spd x2), before i got my neutral-esque in nature Mia.  but I am trying really hard not to get cranky that Witchy Wand is now in the permanent pool (along with the Balm+ i've wanted forever) so i mean I theoretically coulda just gone for Silque's vs. Mias. (I still woulda wanted a Mia. but still). 

it make me wonder if other seasonal staves now (Ovoid, the Chill Staff) will start making their way into the permanent pools.  very curious indeed. 

I don't know what i wanna do w/my tickets. probably per usual red and colourless. (Colourless for Norne/Mercie/Serra), and Red for Fodder (please 4*Cains I need you). and if anything shakes out please be new and not broken. 

Another SOV banner after 500 years and it doesn't have my man Luthier on it. Guess he's never gonna be added. *sigh* On another note, I am slowly losing interest in Heroes as it feels more and more like a chore. My plans are now to save until I have 500 orbs and then drop the game until more of my Three Houses favs are added. Seeing as the next banner is guaranteed to be Farfetched, I imagine it'll be a while.

37 minutes ago, redlight said:

Conrad's art got revealed. He's asserting dominance in his attack artwork. Drawn by Teita I think. Same face as Byleth and Arvis.

And he really has barrier lance. Fuck. Why couldn't they have given him the prf treatment similarly to Forsyth? Duma's Lance and other named weapons are just lying on the table from SoV

Got revealed where?

Barrier Lance is good if he has good Res and Spd, hopefully. I don't mind it as long as his stats are good.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Another SOV banner after 500 years and it doesn't have my man Luthier on it. Guess he's never gonna be added. *sigh* On another note, I am slowly losing interest in Heroes as it feels more and more like a chore. My plans are now to save until I have 500 orbs and then drop the game until more of my Three Houses favs are added. Seeing as the next banner is guaranteed to be Farfetched, I imagine it'll be a while.

oh that explains why i haven't seen you around lately.
enjoy your break. 

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Nice banner!

How many playable character are left for SoV?

• Zeke
  • Tatiana
  • Atlas
  • Nomah
  • Valbar   (Nvm, he got Bantued)
  • Kamui
  • Deen
  • Jesse
  • Luthier
  • Mycen

You forgot SoV Est & SoV Palla.