New Heroes Approach: Zofia's Call (Oct. 21 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized that the character in the google achievement leak was most likely Catria. So people who we were getting a Valentian banner were right for the wrong reason since they probably thought it was Silque.

Edited by NSSKG151

7 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Got revealed where?

Barrier Lance is good if he has good Res and Spd, hopefully. I don't mind it as long as his stats are good.

Reddit. Someone managed to scavenge URLs containing his art

Oh joy. I like all four of them. Well, Forsyth's on the lower end, but whatever. Python looking like the demote unit is interesting, but also strange. I figured he'd be given personal Brave/Killer Bow or a version of Parthia, instead, he's possibly going to be the first 4* summonable color archer and the first summonable bow cavalry. This also brings to question Sue's existence as a 5* unit since compared to Python, all she has over him is full A, B, and C passives where her passives are arguably better than his, but he has the same bow and same special and will have higher BST which if he's anything like in his home game, he could possibly rock 35/35 offenses making him a +Atk, -Spd Sue and a better Brave Bow unit than her with his higher attack. He could have swapped offenses compared to her, 38/32.

Wish they'd have just put another guy on the banner instead of a Catria alt. I'm still waiting for Luthier ... although perhaps it's best he's not in this banner, I'm supposed to have a summoning competition on the legendary with my friends, and I'm still trying to get Halloween Henry. But they still should've put someone besides a Catria alt.

Valbar being added directly as a 3-4 star unit is good, although now I'm really hoping they clean out the launch 3/4-star pool a bit and move it to a separate pool. Or something. With my luck I'll probably summon Valbar pretty early on but he will be +spd -atk. *looks at Bantu and Norne*

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

With my luck I'll probably summon Valbar pretty early on but he will be +spd -atk. *looks at Bantu and Norne*

Your luck is fine.

I'm pretty sure most people didn't even get a single version of Bantu or Norne yet. 

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Thank Naga a banner I can skip since I am still going for H!Hector and Lilina. I am happy Valbar is in so Leon can moon over him in peace.  I am a bit mad that Forsyth isn't a lance infantry like Lucas.  I will use  the tickets to try for Python because I love my snarky archers and I will hope he demotes so I can merge him.  Conrad being the GHB means I now have hope for Cormag on Brave Redux.

Whilst the original Forsyth looked more like a soldier, the Echoes version of Forsyth was always intended to be an Armor Knight and even gets a unique model as one.

Spoiler

FEG_Lukas_Forsyth_Python.png

Gaiden Forsyth is the one in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Your luck is fine.

I'm pretty sure most people didn't even get a single version of Bantu or Norne yet. 

Dude, I'm not complaining about my luck, what is the point of your post ;/

All I'm saying is that my first (and often only) copies of the recent demoted units have had a nature that's bad for them and that it's a trend that's been happening for me so far. Besides, I'm sure people who don't have a copy of Bantu, Norne, Mercedes, or Brady would also love to have a cleaner summoning pool to get those units easier.

TBH, no obvious demote and a slot wasted on an alt do make this banner oddly crap.

Python is a great add, but inheritable weapons only is gross. Maybe it will at least make him demote, but a green bow cav likely won't. We don't even have a colorless bow cav in the 4 star summoning pool.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

I’m sure Python is demoting. There’s absolutely nothing to gain from keeping that... poor skill set 5* locked in 2019 lol. I’m glad though—he is my most wanted! I guess I’ll go for Forsyth with tickets.

Oh—and G Tomebreaker is finally in the normal pool, no?

Anyway, I wish we got Titania over Catria for no real reason... although we get to hear Connor Kelley’s amazing VA work so I’m happy!

Who knew they would put Witchy Wand in the regular pool so soon!

Valter is our first new 4* armored unit since launch, no? That’s some good news!

Conrad is exciting! His secured spot on Farfetched 3 may be taken over by... Shinnon? Rath? Unless... hehe... they give us UNMASKED Conrad for the main pool?! 😅 I shouldn’t say things like this lol.

Anyway, I SWEAR that Feh promised us a brand new all Valentina banner beginning of this year, no? Anyone else recall this in like a Feh channel in January?

Eh, G Tomebreaker is already on normal pool on Henry. It's B Tomebreaker that isn't in normal pool yet, and now it will be thanks to Forsyth.

23 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Another SOV banner after 500 years and it doesn't have my man Luthier on it. Guess he's never gonna be added. *sigh* On another note, I am slowly losing interest in Heroes as it feels more and more like a chore. My plans are now to save until I have 500 orbs and then drop the game until more of my Three Houses favs are added. Seeing as the next banner is guaranteed to be Farfetched, I imagine it'll be a while.

Not really? Considering this year's CYL is tied with TT, it still keeps the theme of paralogues-TT and story chapter-FB, so early november banner is another story chapter as it's tied with FB.

15 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Just realized that the character in the google achievement leak was most likely Catria. So people who we were getting a Valentian banner were right for the wrong reason since they probably thought it was Silque.

I mean, you can see the background was red, which indicates red unit. I was like "Oh, Lucia? Since she has blue hair, blue eyes and is sword unit" and IS be like "nah, have this Catria Alt" and I'm like "Wait, that's illegal, are you sure you're ready for the anti alt ppl's rage?" 

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Just pointing out this would be the first colored archer players would have a "easy" time of getting. There's RNG of course when getting anything in the 3-4 star pool, but he would be a "premium" type of unit for f2p players to have due to the typing not really existing for the f2p pool before. If anything he'd be our first demoted cav archer. Of course how good he is will be determined by what stats he'll have.

The rate they give us cavalry archer is pretty suspicious tho, Bride Louise at May, Claude at July, and Halloween Rolf this month.And both Bride Louise and Halloween Rolf are free TT units. tho like u said, Python being colored is another  solid reason why he could be not demoted. But maybe they are trying to make cavalry archer not too special anymore. 

"I'm not complaining about my luck".  *proceeds to complain about luck

I apologize. I just wish I had gotten a bad Bantu/Mercedes/Brady. I'll get them eventually.

I did get Norne though, but as a 5* with a perfect nature. 

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I apologize. I just wish I had gotten a bad Bantu/Mercedes/Brady. I'll get them eventually.

Making an observation about how I've pulled from previous summon banners isn't necessarily complaining about luck, even if it's not always positive. I'm saying that if previous trends hold on, I expect to get Valbar but he won't have a great nature. Could that be a complaint the way it was originally said? Sure, maybe, but mostly if you're just looking to gripe or pick a fight with that person.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean, you can see the background was red, which indicates red unit. I was like "Oh, Lucia? Since she has blue hair, blue eyes and is sword unit" and IS be like "nah, have this Catria Alt" and I'm like "Wait, that's illegal, are you sure you're ready for the anti alt ppl's rage?" 

Can you believe that I heard people still thinking it was Silque anyways despite the red border or that it was Python as a red bow despite the character in the image having eyelashes that are reserved for women in Heroes?

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

jealous. i want nornes

My metric for New Heroes banners isn't so much "do I really want this unit?", but rather "would I be upset at being pity-broken by the units on this banner which remain 5-star exclusive?" Looking right at you, Sumia, Quan, Dimitri, Kjelle. God, blue is a horrible minefield.

The answer is is no - I'd be fine getting Forsyth, Silque or Catria in that scenario. Not going to go hunt for any of them though. If only I could save the tickets for a future Zeke/Tatiana/Palla banner. 😛

The only one I'd really like to get from this batch is Slique. I, uh, actually benched Forsyth and Python so I don't have an attachment to them as characters. But Silque stayed as a major part of my army up until the end. Also, her staff is too good to pass up.

39 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

TBH I went through the entire catalogue of unreleased heroes and none of them were a canon red unit with blue hair and blue eyes with a bang in between their eyes. Catria being the unit in question came from the left field for me as she was already in the game

*March of the Deliverance intensifies

We got an SoV banner at long last! Though at this rate we're certainly getting Jill and Louise in the Farfetched banner (which honestly I'd hoped not but alas), first SoV unit since Kliff! First is Forsyth (Yay), as a lance armour (RIP Lukas) with the Sol Lance (Nice.) which adds 3 Res and gives him 10 HP every time he fights, Bonfire, Def/Res Bond, Bold Fighter and Joint Hone Def (That's not been here for a bit has it?). Next is Python who's a Green Cav bow (WHEN RED?), coming with a Short Bow (No new weapon), Moonbow, Steady Blow and B!Tomebreaker (IT HAS COME AT LAST), proving himself as poor as he usually is and is the obvious demote. Next is Silque (staff infantry) who comes with Melancholy (It's Witchy Wand!), Recover+, Earthfire Balm+, Dazzling Staff (Okay) and Staff Exp (Meh.). Catria comments on her land-hopping and comes with a sword (YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THIS IS VALENTIA), the Astra Blade (Where's Luna Bow? Oh right Alm), which gives Atk+3 and increases damage by 50% of the gap between her Atk and foe's defence if hers is higher, Harsh Command+, Atk/S=d Bond 4 (SHARENA WANTS YOU!), Aerobatics and Spd Tactic, seemingly making herself great as fodder and as a unit imo (though being a regular alt not so much). We'll see with the stats. Anyways, Conrad's a GHB (Ooof, so soon after I got pitybroken by Sirius) and VALBAR'S IN 3-4* YASSSSSSS MORE LANCE ARMOURS. He's got a brave lance.

It's nice all move types are here (even if Cavs got shafted again). It'd be nice to get Catria or Silque, but I'm not stressing out for the banner or anything.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I’d like everyone who said “Sirius doesn’t count as a Camus alt” to explain why Valentina Catria doesn’t count as a Catria alt.

Nice to see another poverty injection, especially an armour.

Sirius obviously does count as a Camus alt, but considering there's literally nothing different about Catria as a character in her Valentina appearance, I'm of the opinion that this in unnecessary. If we're going to do alts, why not something interesting, like a dread fighter variation on one of the mercenaries. Or even if it's Catria, we could bring in the harrier class and maker her a red mage. This means we'll probably get Palla and Est next time there's a SOV banner, hopefully they do something more interesting with them than just sword instead of lance and a different art asset. Hey we've just introduced duo characters, why not Catria and Palla together under a searching for Est theme?

Edited by Jotari

Forsyth! Glad I didn't go all in on Halloween Hector. I had given up hope on ever seeing him. And he looks amazing too (both art and kit). Kinda wish he was infantry since I'm not fond of armors even if they are great but whatever.

Really hoping Python's mediocre kit means he's a demote. I would love to have him as a merge project.

I'm happy to see Silque too and she comes with a witchy wand. RIP Mia who was foddered to Brady but at least it got me through Rokkr sieges easily and earlier. Still on the fence whether I like her enough to chase after or not.

Catria is whatever to me.

Conrad I'm looking forward to but at the same time cautious because he's a free lance cav and those don't have a good record. Glad he's in all the same tho.

Well I'm glad to see new Valentia heroes finally. Definitely gonna try to get myself a good Forsyth with Silque as my second option if no blues.

37 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Sol Lance looks cool but i feel like on hindsight its really not much different when compared to the refined Urvan. Granted R!Urvan is very busted

Urvan requires you to either bring an AoE special to hit through it, or lots of raw firepower from mages since they still hit decently well through Ike's horrid Resistance.

Sol Lance can be beaten with Frederick, Bartre, Cherche, or anyone with a powerful Armor-killing build.
Forsyth's greatest foe though... anyone ranged if he doesn't have Distant Counter.

...point is, they're very different and not at all comparable. Urvan outright deletes most incoming damage, Sol Lance still requires Forsyth to hit to get back that 10 hp.

Edited by Xenomata

Just knew it. Of course Tatiana gets blocked out. With Sirius appearing lately and Silque preferred she just stood no chance. This  is ok.. But I take this chance to just save up further.

Edited by Stroud