New Heroes Approach: Zofia's Call (Oct. 21 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad this banner is a skip. Still need a H!Henry for his tome, and I need a Sothis as well next month. 

Great banner though! I like these new additions. Sadly Catria will be outperformed by her base version. Easily merged and an incredible PRF weapon makes her just too good not to use over this version. Luckily they perform different roles, so you could use both, but from a character perspective, OG Catria has this one beat.

Yeeeee! Silque, Forsyth and Python! =D Valbar joining as a 3*/4* unit is great, too! I really like Catria's art (her sprite is really elegant, too) but I can't help but feel like she's out of place... I admit, I'd rather have had Fernand (to round out the Deliverance) or Kamui (to round out the pirate-stompers) though.

Edit: Oh man I just noticed Conrad! Yusss! =D

Edited by Mercakete

very happy for these characters, i like them all, but not enough to make me want to summon for them

happy for 3*/4* valbar too, hope they keep this trend going

i'm not fond at all of that catria alt though, i can't but feel she """stole""" the place of a character not already in heroes, since all i want from new heroes banners is 100% new units

Edited by Yexin

Hmm I'm going to need to get a Legendary Ephraim at some point... I wanted to anyway, but now I just want to see what would happen with Solar Brace, Sol Lance, and Sol. Other than that, I think I'll pump atk as well as I can...if I can ever summon him...and a spare Forsyth.

Valentia rights, yeahhh boiss!!! ❤️

I'm so pumped for this banner, though like many I definitely am disappointed with the addition of Catria (not that I hate her or anything, but I seriously would have liked to see another Valentian character that wasn't in the game at all), but for those that want her than I hope you guys get her! 😊 Meanwhile I'm hoping I can get lucky enough to get Forsyth, Python, Silque and Valbar without much trouble (been having horrible luck lately, so hopefully it turns around here. :)) As for Conrad...I definitely plan to +10 him, that's all I can say. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Hopefully with this new banner we'll see Mila as the next Mythic hero (though I doubt it, but I can dream. 😄)

EDIT: Also, for all of you upset about the lack of Luthier...You all are so valid, and I'm with you 100%. (Though I'm disappointed at the lack of the rest of the playable cast if we're to be honest, lol. I need me my SOV characters!)

Edited by Jenneta

Catria is an odd return to 2018, but with 5 new characters alongside her, I can't really complain. The 2018 banners only had 3-4 new characters per banner, so this still a big improvement.

Forsyth and Silque are both neat but nothing I need. I'll probably use my free summons to try for Forsyth. Python demoting does seem likely, as much as I hadn't expected demotes for R/B/G missile weapons. Unfortunately I already have a green bow cav, but maybe future ones will cover unit types I don't have.

Valbar may be the most relevant of these to me. Getting 11 copies of him will take a while, and I'll have to see his stats to be sure, but he sounds like an excellent merge project.

30 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm I'm going to need to get a Legendary Ephraim at some point... I wanted to anyway, but now I just want to see what would happen with Solar Brace, Sol Lance, and Sol. Other than that, I think I'll pump atk as well as I can...if I can ever summon him...and a spare Forsyth.

Sol Lance is not inheritable, so I'm afraid that combination won't be possible. 

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

Sol Lance is not inheritable, so I'm afraid that combination won't be possible. 

Aw, darn. Well, thanks for saving me from another Flying Nino situation, heheh.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Aw, darn. Well, thanks for saving me from another Flying Nino situation, heheh.

No problem, would have been unfortunate to find that out after you spent the orbs. As a general rule, if a weapon has 16Mt (14 for ranged) and does not have a + behind its name, it's not inheritable.

Depending on Legendary, the 2nd new heroes Banner, i might fish for Catria.
she fits into a flier slot for me and i'd like to avoid potential Adrift Camilla Situations. 

but Hilda trumps Catria in this situation. 

Edited by daisy jane

At least if there is ever a next Valencia banner there is a good chance for Luthier, Atlas, Zeke and Tatiana. xD Not many characters which are missing here. And if they consistently add one character in the 3-4 star pool.

At least for Echoes and Fates I really suck at picking my favorites. Also Silque without Jesse is a bit empty. Wish they would have gotten more build up. But I guess Jesse would be likely another red sword Infantry..

Edited by Stroud

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Funny how Silque's staff came at the perfect time for those who don't have Mia yet

But banner...YAY ECHOES! YAY SILQUE AND PYTHON!!! AND FREE CONRAD!!!

Love the fact Python is a likely demote, since I'm low on orbs now and I shouldn't really prioritise a New heroes banner right now. Great art, too. Strange he's not blue (or at least red bow so we have someone red, but I understand him being green to bring B Tomebreaker in the pool (finally!).

Silque should be the smarter target because more Witchy Wand+ staffs would be nice for AA. Plus I love her design and voice. 

I'm a bit meh on Forsythe as a character but his weapon looks fun. Glad to see Catria have better art but not really targeting her.

Free Conrad is nice, although it's a shame he has no prf. Hope he at least gets good stats and Barrier Lance kind of sadly makes sense since I remember Conrad for his Res. At least get good skills, but I feel sorry for the fans who wanted him as Farfetch'd (RIP Mask accessory dreams).

Witchy Wands for all!
I will say the bright side for me in this regard is that I wanted a Mia (flying healer and the better mobility) and she can literally be a flying medic for me. 
GRUMPY (a tick, but i worked through a chunk of this lol) i could have passed on the balm+ w/the staff. 

also I really wish healers could just evolve skillls or something because needing 2+ healers to get kits is insane. 

Forsyth and Python are cool but not worth spending my orbs on. not a fan of silque really. Catria looks strong so may go for her cause of that reason alone with the free summons.  Also Valbar is cool. New armor unit in the 3 and 4 star pool was extremely needed but not the one i really want.

Silque's finally going to be in FEH and she looks good - and has a good base kit as well! Easily my pull target.

Catria looks good as well and also has a nice kit. Good luck pulling for her though since she's red.

Not crazy about Forsyth - another 5*-exclusive lance armor.

Python smells like an obvious demote thanks to his mediocre kit. At least Blue Tomebreaker is finally going to be available outside of grails and Short Bow wouldn't be 5*-locked anymore assuming Python does get demoted. His being a green bow cavalier shouldn't stop him from demoting when we already have 2 colorless bow cavaliers that are available via grails and being colored is typically a nerf to physical ranged units offensively.

Valbar: so we have 2 new lance armors making their debuts on the same banner. Welp, he BST creeped Gwen and Effie so he's a neat option for newer players looking to build a lance armor for Coliseum scoring. This also means that Gwen and Effie should be getting refineable Prfs soon (currently, all launch-day armors that can be pulled from the gacha at 3-4* rarity still do not have refineable Prfs yet).

Conrad: Another lance cavalier. Best of luck to him in standing out against Peri and Oscar.

Pull priority: Silque > Catria >>> Forsyth >>> Python

Not interested in Forsyth and python. Silque is interesting but I won't won't miss anything if I don't get her (I mostly want her for Rokkr sieges). Catria is nice, my flier team now consists of of Naga, brave Camilla and Micaiah so it's not even complete (I wouldn't mind changing Michy for a flylivia or an Azura). So a physical melee is what I lack, and If Hel doesn't come or I don't get her then she will be perfect. Conrad is boring especially since he doesn't have a unique weapon. Valbar is nice but only if I manage over the time to get more than 6 copies of him. 

Will pull for one or two 5*s and then I will stop to pull for the Legendary banner or maybe for a good side banner. 

Wow, I'm really happy because I almost expected all remaining popular Echoes characters to be added as oddball special heroes. I really hope Python is a demote. Colored and cavalry bows aren't special anymore and his kit is much cheaper than Sue's.

Catria probably was chosen not only because she's the most popular among pegasister trio but because plenty of japanese players 10+ her spring version.

People are better to vote for Tatiana and Luthier during CYL4 if they ever want to see them in.

I feel sorry for Conrad, because they would definitely treated him better if he was on Farfetched banner. But again, I doubt he is OG Berkut kind of bad.

Edited by Cat Villager

Conrad has Barrier Lance instead of Blessed Lance. He had a high resistance growth relative to everyone else in SoV which makes me think of Mathilda in Heroes who has good resistance and Conrad as Mathilda 2.0 wouldn't be that bad. If anything, he could end up being pretty good. As a gen 4 melee cavalry, he'll have around 162 BST and he could have the same resistance and even stat spread as Mathilda and dump the remaining 8 stat points elsewhere. This is considering that Jagen, Mathilda, and Selkie are off the top of my head, the only lance cavalry with high base resistance. Fallen Berkut has good resistance where a chunk of it comes from Warding Stance 4.

Edited by Kaden

14 minutes ago, La Traviata said:

I hope Python (because I don't care for Forsyth or Slique) is the demote because I like him as his kit is pretty lame. I'm saving orbs for a potential Hilda/Nailah banner.

The only units with 5 skills that have ever been demoted are staves, so the demote is almost guaranteed to be one of either Python or Silque. However, with Silque providing Dazzling Staff and a Witchy Wand clone, Python is far more likely to demote.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

also I really wish healers could just evolve skillls or something because needing 2+ healers to get kits is insane. 

For healers, I just go with Heavenly Light or Miracle if I do not need the scoring. Balms are nice, but I feel a bit paranoid about Panic.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only units with 5 skills that have ever been demoted are staves, so the demote is almost guaranteed to be one of either Python or Silque. However, with Silque providing Dazzling Staff and a Witchy Wand clone, Python is far more likely to demote.

How certain are we about Python demoting? I think every New Heroes Focus besides Brave Echoes and Three Houses this year demoted someone, so I feel pretty confident that Python might demote, although they might pull a Three Houses and demote no one.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

How certain are we about Python demoting? I think every New Heroes Focus besides Brave Echoes and Three Houses this year demoted someone, so I feel pretty confident that Python might demote, although they might pull a Three Houses and demote no one.

He literally adds nothing new to the pool and only has 4 Skills. I don't see them keeping him 5* with such an unimpressive kit.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

He literally adds nothing new to the pool and only has 4 Skills. I don't see them keeping him 5* with such an unimpressive kit.

That hasn't stopped them from making even more baffling decisions in the past. I mean, someone like Gray had even less worth defining them as a 5 star exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That hasn't stopped them from making even more baffling decisions in the past. I mean, someone like Gray had even less worth defining them as a 5 star exclusive.

IS places a lot of value on Valor Skills, even to this day, they haven't demoted a Valor Skill. Gray not demoting lines up with that~