Create A Galarian Form of a Gen 1-7 Pokémon:

vanguard333

As the title says: take a Pokémon from the previous games, and make a Galarian Version. Describe any changes to its appearance, its new typing, give it some Pokédex data, any new abilities, and/or any changes to its base stats. Keep in mind that the change should reflect something about UK culture/environment, given that the Galar Region is based on the UK. 

For an example, here's one I came up with:

Pokémon: Ariados

Appearance: Ariados's colour scheme changes to red & green tartan with yellow and white lines, and the spike on its head becomes an axe head. 

Type: Bug & Fighting

Pokedex Data: After generations of living in the Galar Region, these Ariados have grown to live in groups referred to as "clans". The first Ariados to be trained in Galar was nicknamed, "Ariados the Bruce" after the human family that trained it. These Ariados have developed a keen fighting spirit, and their tenacity is legendary. The axe-like spike on their heads aids in fighting off stronger Pokémon.

Abilities: Tough Claws, Vital Spirit, Sturdy (Hidden Ability)

Changes to its Base Stats: -50 Sp. Attack, +50 Speed, -10 Sp. Defense, +10 HP

This Galarian form is based on a legend that Robert the Bruce hid in a cave after a defeat, where he then observed a spider spinning a web across the cave's roof. The spider failed on the first two attempts, but succeeded on the third, and this inspired Robert the Bruce to keep fighting. The axe head comes from Robert the Bruce famously preferring an axe over a lance when fighting on horseback. 

Pokémon: Mimikyu

Appearance: A ripped-apart doll of the mascot for Gym battles

Type: Fairy/Fighting

Pokédex Data: “After sneaking on planes from Alola to Galar, some Mimikyu have noticed a craze for the mascot that appears on the banners for Gym battles. Starting to feel bored by using a Pikachu-shaped cloth to gain friends, these Mimikyu instead find lost dolls of this mascot and tear it apart so they can fit into them. In the event of a predator, they keep some of the doll’s stuffing in the remains for protection; as a result, it takes at least a second strike for the doll disguise to fall back down in battle.

Abilities:

Stuffed Disguise: Takes at least two extra hits (normally from moves that hit multiple times) without taking damage.

Fluffy

Overcoat (Hidden Ability)

Changes to its Base Stats:

HP +25

DEF +20

Sp. DEF -15

SPD -6

Edited by Perkilator

[Pokemon]:  Galar Lapras

[Appearance]:  Lapras with an elongated body, elongated fins, elongated tail, and elongated toothy snout with a predatory snarl. Color schemed changed from ocean-blue to swampy-green.

[Pokedex Data]:   "Long considered a mere legend, this reclusive pokemon has recently been discovered in the Lochs of Galar. Trainers accustomed to Lapras happily approaching travelers and ferrying them on its back may be shocked by its feral and highly aggressive nature. Some researchers believe that this pokemon dates all the way back to the fossil period, and may in fact by Lapras's original form."

[Type] :  Water/Dragon

[Abilities]: Tough Claws / Swift Swim ,   Sheer Force (Hidden Ability)

[Changes to Stats]     +50 attack,  +50 Speed,   
                                      -25 HP,    -60 Special Attack,  -15 Special Defense

________

Based on the Loch Ness Monster 

Edited by Shoblongoo

8 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

[Pokemon]:  Galar Lapras

[Appearance]:  Lapras with an elongated body, elongated fins, elongated tail, and elongated toothy snout with a predatory snarl. Color schemed changed from ocean-blue to swampy-green.

[Pokedex Data]:   "Long considered a mere legend, this reclusive pokemon has recently been discovered in the Lochs of Galar. Trainers accustomed to Lapras happily approaching travelers and ferrying them on its back may be shocked by its feral and highly aggressive nature. Some researchers believe that this pokemon dates all the way back to the fossil period, and may in fact by Lapras's original form."

[Type] :  Water/Dragon

[Abilities]: Tough Claws / Swift Swim ,   Sheer Force (Hidden Ability)

[Changes to Stats]     +50 attack,  +50 Speed,   
                                      -25 HP,    -60 Special Attack,  -15 Special Defense

________

Based on the Loch Ness Monster 

I want this Pokémon now.

I have to ask a bizarre request shut I feel given your displayed creative chops here, I’m curious what you might come up with, for... and I MUST STRESS BIZARRE!!!

Caterpie

I am a gen 1-er with a guilty pleasure, my favorite Pokémon is... the two most adorable bulbous eyes I have ever seen on any living creature with some of he worst stats of any Pokémon and only 2 moves they can learn.

I won’t begrudge you if you “cheat” and go for butterfree but I’m kind of resigned to my favorite Pokémon never getting an alternate form lol.

14 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

I have to ask a bizarre request shut I feel given your displayed creative chops here, I’m curious what you might come up with, for... and I MUST STRESS BIZARRE!!!

Caterpie

I am a gen 1-er with a guilty pleasure, my favorite Pokémon is... the two most adorable bulbous eyes I have ever seen on any living creature with some of he worst stats of any Pokémon and only 2 moves they can learn.

I won’t begrudge you if you “cheat” and go for butterfree but I’m kind of resigned to my favorite Pokémon never getting an alternate form lol.

I'm not the person you asked, but I can try my hand at it. 

Hm... How best to British-ify a green caterpillar... hm... Ah; I have an idea. After doing a quick google search of caterpillars that are native to Britain, I think I've found the one to base Galarian Caterpie off of:

Pokémon: Caterpie

Appearance: The diameter of their body is almost the same from the head to near the tail, and, while their body is still green, they now have black bands and yellow spots. 

Type: Bug/Normal

Pokedex Data: These Caterpie are broadly similar to their variants around the world, but this variant developed differently as a result of a strict diet solely of the milk parsley plant. They are normally gentle creatures, but, when threatened, they release a horrific odour from the scent glands behind their head. 

Abilities: Effect Spore, Shield Dust

Changes to its Base Stats: None

This version is based on the British Swallowtail Caterpillar. It only consumes milk parsley. 

This one is probably less than you were expecting. It's hard to make a variant on a caterpillar. Not impossible, but hard. Plus, I'm not an expert on bugs. But I hope this helps. 

26 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm not the person you asked, but I can try my hand at it. 

Hm... How best to British-ify a green caterpillar... hm... Ah; I have an idea. After doing a quick google search of caterpillars that are native to Britain, I think I've found the one to base Galarian Caterpie off of:

Pokémon: Caterpie

Appearance: The diameter of their body is almost the same from the head to near the tail, and, while their body is still green, they now have black bands and yellow spots. 

Type: Bug/Normal

Pokedex Data: These Caterpie are broadly similar to their variants around the world, but this variant developed differently as a result of a strict diet solely of the milk parsley plant. They are normally gentle creatures, but, when threatened, they release a horrific odour from the scent glands behind their head. 

Abilities: Effect Spore, Shield Dust

Changes to its Base Stats: None

This version is based on the British Swallowtail Caterpillar. It only consumes milk parsley. 

This one is probably less than you were expecting. It's hard to make a variant on a caterpillar. Not impossible, but hard. Plus, I'm not an expert on bugs. But I hope this helps. 

You have made my dreams come true and my day.

I am sold! ❤️❤️❤️

13 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

You have made my dreams come true and my day.

I am sold! ❤️❤️❤️

You're welcome. 

I thought of another Galarian Form:

Pokémon: Hariyama (the Galarian form is for both Makuhita and Hariyama, but I'll be focusing on Hariyama)

Appearance: The flaps on its waist are replaced by a kilt. Its legs are slightly thinner, but its arms are wider. 

Type: Fighting/Fairy

Pokedex: Despite the rugged, highland environment in which these Hariyama thrive, Hariyama mutated not from the environment, but from the unique sporting and competitive events in the region. They are mighty enough to toss a long timber pole in a full 12-o-clock rotation, yet nimble enough to dance around swords on the ground. Their competitive spirit is a sight to behold, but so is their friendliness when the competition ends. They train Makuhita in these same events that were taught to them. 

Abilities: Same as a regular Hariyama. 

New Attacks:

Hammer Throw (unique move): Hariyama swings a mighty hammer (the sport kind) before tossing it at their opponent. This attack grounds flying enemies. Physical Attack. Fighting Type. Might 95, Accuracy 95. 

Swords Dance

Play Rough

Base Stat Changes: Attack +5, Sp. Attack -5

As you may have guessed, this regional variant transforms Hariyama from a Sumo Wrestler into a Highland Games champion. 

Galarian Luxray

Appearance: Red/black color scheme, darker eyes, smaller frame

Type: Dark/Electric

Pokedex Data: The Galarian variant of Luxray did not develop X-ray vision. Instead, they became nimble to better traverse the countrysides in which they take residence and gained sharper teeth to scare away attackers. Many a Galar resident bemoans their tendency to cause mayhem, especially when they sight a Wooloo, but as a companion, they are exceedingly playful and intelligent. 

Abilities: Reckless, Strong Jaw, Galvanize (Hidden Ability)

New Moves: Psychic Fangs, Sucker Punch

Base Stat Changes: -10 HP, -20 Def, -20 Sp.Def, +50 Speed

Basically, Luxray as a fox. I decided to play into the Fangs and Recoil attacks it has, and since it could use some Speed, I gave it that at expense of bulk. Psychic Fangs is for coverage against Fighting types with Strong Jaw, and Sucker Punch gives a good priority move. Since there's no Megas, this is all I can hope for lol. 

Pokémon: Haunter

Appearance: A man’s coat from the 18th century.

Type: Dark/Ghost

Pokédex Data: “There was once a song called ‘Sweet Wikstrom’s Ghost’ that entails a cursed lover’s ghost, begging for his Margaret from his promise to marry her. The Haunter of the Galar region hide at cemeteries practicing pretending to be a handsome man’s ghost, promising young girls and women they’ll come to marry them when they’re back to life. They blow a kiss to any females they meet, cursing them as their life force is drained; this, over time, costs a Haunter its Poison-type status.”

Abilities:

Levitate

Dazzling

Wonder Skin (Hidden Ability)

HP +10

ATK -5

DEF +8

Sp. ATK +20

Sp. DEF +15

SPD -5

2 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Pokémon: Haunter

Appearance: A man’s coat from the 18th century.

Type: Dark/Ghost

Pokédex Data: “There was once a song called ‘Sweet Wikstrom’s Ghost’ that entails a cursed lover’s ghost, begging for his Margaret from his promise to marry her. The Haunter of the Galar region hide at cemeteries practicing pretending to be a handsome man’s ghost, promising young girls and women they’ll come to marry them when they’re back to life. They blow a kiss to any females they meet, cursing them as their life force is drained; this, over time, costs a Haunter its Poison-type status.”

Abilities:

Levitate

Dazzling

Wonder Skin (Hidden Ability)

HP +10

ATK -5

DEF +8

Sp. ATK +20

Sp. DEF +15

SPD -5

Well, that's immensely creepy. Then again, I can't think of a single ghost type besides Mimikyu whose Pokedex data wasn't creepy. But still; there's something about Haunter pretending to be a human ghost and cursing young women in that way just sounds very creepy... Fitting that it also becomes dark type.

Maybe I should've given Galarian Hariyama the scrappy ability to protect those girls. 

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Well, that's immensely creepy. Then again, I can't think of a single ghost type besides Mimikyu whose Pokedex data wasn't creepy. But still; there's something about Haunter pretending to be a human ghost and cursing young women in that way just sounds very creepy... Fitting that it also becomes dark type.

Maybe I should've given Galarian Hariyama the scrappy ability to protect those girls. 

Yeah…and the irony is that Sweet William’s Ghost is a lighthearted song.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Yeah…and the irony is that Sweet William’s Ghost is a lighthearted song.

Huh. I guess that's what happens when you take something lighthearted (or at least benign) and make a ghost-type Pokémon out of it. A candle? Now it's a ghost/fire type fueled by life. A children's balloon? Now it's a ghost/flying type that abducts kids. At least its evolution Driftblim is fairly benign. 

Pokémon: Electrode

Appearance: A rugby ball

Type: Electric/Flying

Pokédex Data: “Voltorb who lived in the Galar region learned to control their explosive tendencies when being used as soccer balls, and eventually evolved into Electrode in the shape of rugby balls. Since then, they’ve used themselves as the balls for actual rugby and use Wild Charge when close to a goal. However, they can be intercepted by high-jumping Bewear who insulate their Wild Charge-until the Electrode are tired-without knockback.“

Abilities

Ability 1: Competitive

Ability 2: Static

Hidden Ability: Own Tempo

HP +15

ATK +20

DEF +20

Sp. ATK +15

Sp. DEF +20

SPD -20

Edited by Perkilator

1 minute ago, Perkilator said:

Pokémon: Electrode

Appearance: A rugby ball

Type: Electric/Flying

Pokédex Data: “Voltorb who lived in the Galar region learned to control their explosive tendencies when being used as soccer balls, and eventually evolved into Electrode in the shape of rugby balls. Since then, they’ve used themselves as the balls for actual rugby and use Wild Charge when close to a goal. However, they can be intercepted by high-jumping Bewear who insulate their Wild Charge-until the Electrode are tired-without knockback.“

Abilities

Ability 1: Competitive

Ability 2: Static

Hidden Ability: Own Tempo

HP +15

ATK +20

DEF +20

Sp. ATK +15

Sp. DEF +20

SPD +10

I like it; especially its form changing to resemble a football (I'm from North America, but I may as well call it what the rest of the world calls it) and a rugby ball. I'm not sure though about Electrode just getting a boost to all its base stats. Base stats for the regional variants seem to always be a trade-off. 

• 1 month later...

Galarian Buneary

Ice

Ability: Snow Cloak/Slush Rush

Galarian Buneary have white fur with either blue or pink fluff (depending on gender). Their fluff is styled to look like coats and hats. They keep their ears curled, resembling earmuffs. They are adapted to life in Galar's colder climates.

Galarian Lopunny

Ice

Ability: Snow Cloak/Slush Rush

Like Buneary, Galarian Lopunny have white fur with either blue or pink fluff. Which form they evolve into depends on which ability they have; if the Lopunny has Snow Cloak, their fluff will be thick and resemble coats, mittens (males), and hand muffs (females). If the Lopunny has Slush Rush, their fluff will be light and they will resemble a figure skater. Snow Cloak Lopunny have higher Defense and Special Defense, while Slush Rush Lopunny have higher Speed.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 4 months later...

Galarian Eelektross

Type: Water/Dark

Abilities: Swift Swim / Sheer Force / Volt Absorb

Stats: 75 HP / 105 Atk / 80 Def / 115 SAtk / 80 SDef / 60 Spd

Description: This Pokemon spawns far away in the ocean, but is a welcome sight in Galar's lakes and rivers. It is considered a delicacy in pie or jellied, for those brave enough to try eating it!

Appearance: Similar to standard Eelektross, but with light purple in place of the original's yellow. Arms are shorter, but claws are longer.

Moves lost: Basically anything Electric- or Poison-type.

(Notable) Moves gained: Scald, Liquidation, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Dark Pulse, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot

Ideally, it would evolve from Galarian Eelektrik (pure Water-type, same abilities) via Friendship at night (level 40 minimum). Tynamo wouldn't be found in the region, except by breeding; in which case, it evolves into Galarian Eelektrik by leveling up while fishing (otherwise, it evolves into classic Eelektrik at level 39).

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Formatting.