Can Someone help me fine tune my maddening team?

Planning to start my no Ng+ Silversnow run.

Im going pretty cookie cutter but i really want to use Caspar and Annette since i have a soft spot for them but their 1 dimensional class choices are making me struggle a bit to not overload with Wyverns.

currently i got

1.    Byleth        Falcon Knight
2.    Hilda        Falcon Knight
3.    Lsyithia    Dark Knight    
4.    Dorothea    Dark Knight
5.    Marianne    Mage > Dancer        
6.    Caspar         Wyvern Lord
7.    Sylvain         Wyvern Lord
8.    Felix       Bow Knight
9.    Ingrid        Falcon Knight
10.    Petra        Wyvern Lord
11.     Leonie         Bow Knight
12.    Annette         Wyvern Lord

Dont really want 7 fliers as i think there arent even enough batallions to go around.

i cant stand footlocked units thats why there are no gremories despite being more optimal and also why i dont put caspar in war master.

That said how hard would it be to force either of the male wyverns into a bowknight? they both got a weakness in bow but they dont really need any other skill and you get started on it from day 1.

Edited by Animaillusionaria

Personally, I'd suggest swapping Hilda into a Wyvern, mostly for ease of promotion/training and you can use her relic at full effectiveness. Plus its just generally better that Falcon if you can easily get into it. That being said, personally I'm not a huge fan of Hilda since her accuracy is butt, especially in Maddening where enemy avoid is so much higher

Secondly, you're super low on Faith magic, so Dorothea ends up being your only Physic user (and sometimes Marianne if you aren't dancing with her for some reason). So unless you're relying heavily on healing battalions and consumables, I'd suggest dropping one or two physical units for a dedicated Healer like Linhardt or Mercedes.

You already mentioned you don't like footlocked units so I won't bother talking about Gremories and all that.

Also if you're gonna get Lysithea, make sure you also recruit Lorenz (you don't need to deploy him) to give her that Thyrsus boost.

The last thing I'll say is that you have a couple people (Annette, Lysithea, Felix) that all want to be recruited sooner than later so that you don't waste their passive growths into things you dont want (Felix and Swords/Brawling), or poopy enemy growth rates (Mages). So you can definitely do it, but sometimes its nice just to make it easier on yourself and give up one or two of them for in-house or other units that early recruitment isn't as important.

1 hour ago, Twin said:

oh yeah i know its just so hard to put annette in a team without ruining everything she has no redeeming qualities other than being cute :<

best thing to do would be to just dump her for bernadetta or ferdinand but eh.

4 hours ago, Animaillusionaria said:

i cant stand footlocked units thats why there are no gremories despite being more optimal and also why i dont put caspar in war master.

Any reason why you're not fond of foot units? Because honestly, I take issue with you wanting to make Dorothea a Dark Knight because she's weak in Riding (to say nothing of it being much more effort to reach than Gremory for a meager payoff).

Dorothea is one of the most ideal Gremories because she has a strength in both reason and faith and has a powerful 1-use spell on her list in Meteor. I don't think there's any good reason to make her a Dark Knight instead (especially since this isn't a game that's majorly kind to horses).

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Any reason why you're not fond of foot units? Because honestly, I take issue with you wanting to make Dorothea a Dark Knight because she's weak in Riding (to say nothing of it being much more effort to reach than Gremory for a meager payoff).

because most of them are wholly underhwelming and tend to fall behind even with strides and dances.

However i think ill try something out this time

1.    Byleth        Falcon Knight
2.    Hilda        Falcon Knight
3.    Lsyithia    Dark Knight    
4.    Dorothea    Gremory
5.    Marianne    Mortal Savant     
6.    Caspar         Wyvern Lord
7.    Sylvain         Wyvern Lord
8.    Felix       Bow Knight
9.    Ingrid        Falcon Knight
10.    Petra        Wyvern Lord
11.     Leonie         Bow Knight
12.    Annette       Mage > Dancer

I Usually run Doro as an offensive unit but since i need a primary healer Gremory support Doro should be better and meteor linked attacks should patch the shaky axe hitrates up a bit.

Marianne will get movement booster and ill raise riding for the +1 movement as well so she can keep up, lack of canto hurts but she can help out with physic if she cant go in safely so this rounds up the team nicely (i just really wanna use levin swords on her).  I chose Mortal savant over the magic knights since it has sword fair and allows me to level her in the sword classes to patch up the speed a bit.

Annette as a dancer will just dance, occasional rally if it allows to ohk without eating a counter but mostly just dance.

Keep in mind that some maps' terrain are very unkind to riding units' movement, forcing you to dismount. Should also consider going for movement +1 for Annette.

There's also a magic weapon that gives magic range+1 from Seteth/Flayn paralogue (I assume you're using Thyrsus on Lysithea), give that to Marianne.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, Animaillusionaria said:

Annette as a dancer will just dance, occasional rally if it allows to ohk without eating a counter but mostly just dance.

To be honest I hardly ever found myself using Rally over Dance when I ran Dancer Annette, especially once you unlock Special Dance and Dance itself becomes a good rally.

Did find myself still occasionally using her magical offence to kill an armour knight which my physical units couldn't, or Excalibur to OHKO wyverns (though this was a near thing on Maddening, definitely make sure you get Fiendish Blow).

Your team looks generally solid but you might have some trouble with Chapter 13 since you aren't using Ferdinand/Bernadetta/Linhardt. You might want to consider raising them as adjutants or even swapping them in for your roster (e.g. Linhardt can do most of what Annette does, and can use Physic, and is available for C13; Ferdinand is interchangeable with Sylvain). And regardless I definitely recommend making sure that you trade over some key accessories to your house members (Thyrsus and Caduceus) before the end of Chapter 12.