Three Houses spoils itself within the first Chapter [Spoilers, obviously]

Something interesting I saw when looking at the cutscene where we are introduced to Sothis' power to rewind time: the circle that appears in front of her not only has the Crest of Flames in the center, which clues us in where it comes from for Byleth long before Hannemann discovers it, but there is also some text circling around it. One line in particular caught my eye, because it says "the goddess always lives in heaven and Fodlan", which basically spoils Sothis' identity (because why else would that line be on a magic circle she summons?). Here's a screencap for proof (excuse the German):
3NX1K2C.jpg

I thought this was interesting to share, but I didn't want to use any of the Forum Game or FftF topics in order to avoid spoiling people who haven't played the game yet.

Interesting, I never paid much attention to the text on that, assuming it would have simply been gibberish or non-text (it goes by semi quick and my eyesight is crap for that kind of stuff.) Then again, given the Russian text in Shambala I should have paid more attention.

Edited by CyberNinja

3 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Interesting, I never paid much attention to the text on that, assuming it would have simply been gibberish or non-text (it goes by semi quick and my eyesight is crap for that kind of stuff.) Then again, given the Russian text in Shambala I should have paid more attention.

There is Russian text in Shambala? I never noticed that. Quite intriguing, as Felix would say.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I would think so. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the line is in English in the Japanese version, too.

Even the artbook uses English for its sketches, so I would assume so. And seeing as FE has always been inspired by Europe and has English names, I think English has always been the in-universe language in every entry anyway.

As for the text here, this is actually the text used for all magics. I don't have any footage for myself, but pause the game whenever someone uses Heal and you'll see the same thing at the top of that circle. IIRC, you could also see the text by pausing the overview trailer as Linhardt heals Byleth. Hope this helps and I'm right!

The Crest of Flames is definitely unique to Sothis though.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

As for the text here, this is actually the text used for all magics. I don't have any footage for myself, but pause the game whenever someone uses Heal and you'll see the same thing at the top of that circle. IIRC, you could also see the text by pausing the overview trailer as Linhardt heals Byleth. Hope this helps and I'm right!

That is very interesting. I'll have to check that. Thanks for the hint!

8 hours ago, Elephantus said:

I noticed that on my second playthrough and thought it was a neat little detail. Of course, I wasn't smart enough to make a screencap, so figuring out what it says was a pain in the ass. 😅

Haha, I can imagine. I haven't even noticed until my fifth playthrough.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Hey that's interesting! But it scrolls by so fast! So I'm surprised you even caught it.

I caught it only because I saw that something was written there and I wanted to see if I could read it, so I halted the dialogue for a while to look at it.
Getting a screencap of it where it's actually readable was hard, though.

6 hours ago, Kaze950 said:

One of the words is "binah" - one of the 10 sephira in kabbalah. 

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Adding to that, it's thematic. The words to the sides of Binah are Gevurah and Yesod, two more of the sefirah.

Also very intriguing.
What about that symbol to the right, though? Anyone know what that is?

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What about that symbol to the right, though? Anyone know what that is?

I think that's a Jewish symbol? Don't quote me on that though. It's not a Crest.

Does anyone know what the Japanese text is just below Sothis' chin in both screenshots? The symbol below "Gevurah" also looks Japanese.

The symbol on the right is the planetary symbol for Mercury, it can used for both male and female

The symbol on the left below Gevura is one of the many symbols of Jupiter, it is supposed to represent a staff to symbolize the 'king of the gods'

Edited by ExaltedGuard

I think it's not bad as far as spoilers go because the game is so heavy handed with Sothis' identity and the fact that every fire emblem game has had some green haired girl as a divine being. This just helps lay the ground work from the beginning and acts more as a nice Easter egg.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:42 PM, Davidc123 said:

Right after that Sothis calls you "the one with flames within" or something which is another neat little hint.

I forget exactly where it happens but around when she saves you for the first time.

It's the very next line, actually.

17 hours ago, Gho5tRUN3R said:

I think it's not bad as far as spoilers go because the game is so heavy handed with Sothis' identity and the fact that every fire emblem game has had some green haired girl as a divine being. This just helps lay the ground work from the beginning and acts more as a nice Easter egg.

True.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, ExaltedGuard said:

The symbol on the right is the planetary symbol for Mercury, it can used for both male and female

The symbol on the left below Gevura is one of the many symbols of Jupiter, it is supposed to represent a staff to symbolize the 'king of the gods'

Ooh, neat! Thank you!! I know we can't see them here, but would it be safe to assume that the other symbols are also of planets? (There are five in total I believe. Maybe 7?)

Edited by DefyingFates

On 10/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, ExaltedGuard said:

Very interesting info (I somehow missed it the first time. Apologies for that). Thanks!

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Very interesting info (I somehow missed it the first time. Apologies for that). Thanks!

No problem, I recognized them because I studied astronomy growing up, so unless you know what you are looking for it can be missed quite easily