Three Houses spoils itself within the first Chapter [Spoilers, obviously]

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, neat! Thank you!! I know we can't see them here, but would it be safe to assume that the other symbols are also of planets? (There are five in total I believe. Maybe 7?)

There are six I can see, the bottom is only a partial picture so I can't tell what it is, but it does look like a trident and that would mean Neptune, which doesn't really make sense.

The other 3 in the points of the triangle are, Top: ankh symbol of resurrection in Egyptian mythology, Right: Sun, Left: Moon

Edited by ExaltedGuard

Another thing is the way Sothis addressing you in this scene, is also the title Byleth took in the end of Silver Snow, at least in Japanese version. (よすがを辿りし炎 )

よすが is the recurring term in this game, it's a very difficult term to translated into English, often being "fated meeting, destiny or bonds". The game translated into "Flow of Time", and was used several time by both Sothis and Rhea regarding Byleth.

In this scene OP posted, Sothis says "You who bears the flame within. Drift through the Flow of Time(よすが) to find the answer you see". She then repeat this again just before she merged with Byleth in chapter 10. In the ending of Silver Snow, Byleth took title よすがを辿りし炎, or roughly translated to "Destiny seeking Wandering Flame". Unfortunately English translation omit よすが part, leaving only "Wandering Flame", completely lost the original meaning.

2019072700454200-0DC6ECE91CF3F6F02BAFC00

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Timlugia