Who has the most salt inducing taunt?

Katrinaaa

Are there any specific taunts which have the power to burn you up inside and get your blood boiling more than the rest?

Personally, I don’t mind taunts at all and usually find them funny ^^ but some other people can get irritated by them and lose control of their emotions after feeling mocked. If you’re one of these people, which character’s taunts are the most effective at making you go berserk?

I feel like Peach and Palutena’s side taunts would be super effective on people’s psyche. Peach sings and dances with a taunting tone in her voice which I could see getting on people’s nerves a lot. Palutena’s laugh is so condescending and people can get really frustrated with her for that xD

I also think Zelda’s down taunt can annoy people. I main her and I like to use it sometimes because she’s so cute with her giggle but I think people get really annoyed at me in arenas for it xD their playstyle turns all angsty and aggressive and they only target me if it’s an FFA. I guess her laugh makes people rage lol

Sooo what taunts make you guys salty and why?

926AA2C6-400E-4D29-9A75-DB7ED21ABE15.gif

2C843D1F-6E0F-47BD-9BFF-B729766EE865.gif

When I was a kid, I really hated Ness's nod and "okay" taunt.  I was always like "you little shit, I'll beat your ass when next I return to the stage".  Though back then the idea of the opponents taunting me in general really peeved me off.  But I just remember hating Ness's taunt in Melee in particular.  Also got annoyed with Marth's taunt because "wah, I can't understand what he's saying!".

Nowadays?  I only get PO'd when Yoshi taunts me.  But that's more because I find Yoshi irritating for some reason, particularly in Smash.  And while it isn't a taunt (though it may as well be one), there's definitely some salt-rubbing-in-the-wound action going on whenever Jigglypuff decides to fall asleep using their down-special after beating my ass (worse is when Jigglypuff completes its sleep cycle).  I guess it serves me right for annoying my friends all the time with Jigglypuff's up-special (the lullaby move).

there's not one taunt i hate more than others, it just depends on how the match is going

but i can say one thing: i feel true pity for those who taunt with dedede's crouch animation

Edited by Yexin

I'm a pretty chill guy......most of time.

There's just one single taunt that gets me mad. JUST ONE. The ones from Jigglypuff.

I might not like certain match-ups like Ness vs my mains, but when I'm against a Jigglypuff? I might as well SD at the first 5 seconds of a match. 

I simply don't know what's wrong with me, but Jigglypuff is my nemesis. And when it taunts? I charge into it like a mad dog only to get punished to death.

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

I find getting grabbed and thrown more infuriating than taunts, but maybe that's because I spend most of my Smash time fighting CPUs, or watching CPUs fight.

Human opponents will do the same if they're any good.  Grabs bypass shield, and often times it's better to grab and throw when they're guarding than to try to break an opponent's shield because a good opponent won't keep their shield up for long unless they're playing mind games (e.g. baiting you to charge a shield-piercing attack, such as Marth's neutral special) or are on the defensive (which will be accompanied with lots of dodging).

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Luigi's

Especially when it results in delicious KOs

As a Luigi main, I love using that kick to KO opponents.

Also just love one of Ike's taunts - the one where he throws his sword to the ground and crosses his arms.  It's like he's judging you... and it's such a mood for my saucy, trash-talking ass.

Peach’s dancing taunt always pisses me off. 

I remember fighting a peach back in Smash 4 who spammed the hell out of that taunt. She’d go “lalalalalala!” every single time I died and I kept losing and it made me furious. The ways she sings and dances is insanely mocking and more annoying than any other taunt.

After a few games, I’m fully pissed off at her, and then she has the nerve to go “Aww, did I wiiiiin?” after the game. THAT’S what set me off. I slammed my controller in frustration and rage quit the game. 

I don’t understand why they made Peach such a cocky bitch in Smash. She has the most infuriating taunts in the game and she isn’t like that at all in the mario games. 

1 hour ago, Wasta said:

I remember fighting a peach back in Smash 4 who spammed the hell out of that taunt. She’d go “lalalalalala!” every single time I died and I kept losing and it made me furious. The ways she sings and dances is insanely mocking and more annoying than any other taunt.

After a few games, I’m fully pissed off at her, and then she has the nerve to go “Aww, did I wiiiiin?” after the game. THAT’S what set me off. I slammed my controller in frustration and rage quit the game. 

I don’t understand why they made Peach such a cocky bitch in Smash. She has the most infuriating taunts in the game and she isn’t like that at all in the mario games. 

I guess you haven't played Mario Strikers Charged, then.

Anyways, i'd say Zero Suit Samus' "is that all"? Taunt takes it for me. The way she says it sounds so arrogant, which is the idea.

3 hours ago, Wasta said:

Oh goodness xD is your controller okay? Peach’s taunt must be even more annoying than I thought lol

I think I can understand the frustration though. The way she swishes her dress to provoke you and the fact that she sings so tauntingly can make her opponents feel aggravated. She’s pretty good at mocking the enemy and making them act emotionally. I never even thought about her victory quote though, ultimate salt in the wound lol

Edited by Katrinaaa