Jump to content
DefyingFates

What are some clever details you noticed (Spoilers)?

Recommended Posts

We had a similar thread related to characters a while ago but it's long since been buried, so I wanted to make one for general stuff. During the story, battles or just roaming the Monastery, what are some neat details you noticed? These can be pieces of foreshadowing or just neat aspects of character motivations/ worldbuilding (like Raphael always standing in line at the dining hall in Part 2).

To start off with one I only just realised, the reason the library never gets the third and fourth volumes of the Church of Seiros' doctrines is likely because their contents became taboo at some point, like how everyone worships The Immaculate One yet Seteth still confiscates a picture of it from Claude.

Your turn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green_Unit said:

Firstly this thread.

I don't get it?

Also, agreed! It's crazy that everything's to scale when you zoom in...and that even market stalls and the like in the city maps have merchandise in them, it's crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't get it?

Also, agreed! It's crazy that everything's to scale when you zoom in...and that even market stalls and the like in the city maps have merchandise in them, it's crazy!

Don't worry about not getting it. It was mean't to be a joke about this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Green_Unit said:

Don't worry about not getting it. It was mean't to be a joke about this thread

Ah, I thought you'd left out a hyperlink or something xD I'm with'ya.

...I think 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes when I'm walking around the monestary I see pegasus knights and wyvern knights flying around. I like it. It makes the monestary feel more alive, like there are always other classes going on even during Byleth's free time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the Kostas cinematic after the Prologue, there's one that most people have probably noticed, but I'll put it here anyway. 

Spoiler

The dagger Edelgard uses to defend herself is the one Dimitri gave to her when they were kids. 

Also, just on a meta level, some Supports reference something that can be tied into game mechanics. Sylvain and Annette's C support hints at his Budding Talent in Reason, Felix and Ingrid's C support suggests that Felix's Authority is bad, Dimitri's penchant for breaking things on accident is tied to his Crest effect, etc. Three Houses has a lot of subtle examples of gameplay-story integration that are more apparent on each playthrough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aside from the parallels between the typical crusaders affair and the ten elites though with a darker spin, i do rather like the nemesises true history is basically an evil version of archanea the countries history (which was founded by a thief who stole the 'fire emblem' for personal gain and prosperity and made it his personal symbol).

also: rhea = gotoh, seteth = bantu, flayn = tiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Character's monastery dialogue changes based on what support level you have with them. I talked to Linhardt and he mentioned he's uncomfortable around blood, then immediately after got a B support with him where he went into more detail. Talked to him afterwards and he said the same thing, but added "I've told you about that, haven't I?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Dimitri's penchant for breaking things on accident is tied to his Crest effect

Couldn't that also refer to his high Strength growth?

Also, another one: Hubert dislikes heights, and is thus weak in Flying. Flayn and Monica can be seen in the Death Knight's room in chapter 6 if you zoom in really close, too. 

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Character's monastery dialogue changes based on what support level you have with them. I talked to Linhardt and he mentioned he's uncomfortable around blood, then immediately after got a B support with him where he went into more detail. Talked to him afterwards and he said the same thing, but added "I've told you about that, haven't I?"

When was this? Because the first I hear of Linhardt talking about his being uncomfortable around blood in the monastery is after chapter 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

When was this? Because the first I hear of Linhardt talking about his being uncomfortable around blood in the monastery is after chapter 8.

Sometime after the time skip, I can't remember which chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the very first cutscene, upon starting a new game :

Spoiler

If you assume that everything in it is Sothis's memories right before she awaken, then everything makes sense!

 - her heart is in Nemesis sword, but it's then taken off by Seiros (as revealed in chapter 4), which is why that scene of the battle abruptly end;

 - the weird futuristic-looking pictures afterwards are her memories of her distant pasts, during the Agarthan era;

 - her first meeting with Byleth is when she's starting to awake/resurrect finally within him/her, which is why she has no memories between the battle and now.

 

Edited by Modirufa6317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scoot said:

Sometime after the time skip, I can't remember which chapter.

I see. Also, Linhardt is weak in axes and brawling, both of which are heavily associated with violence and blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More pious characters (Ashe, Mercedes, Marianne, Ignatz, Seteth, and Flayn) are usually found in the cathedral. Especially in part 1. 

Church route and possibly Golden Deer route, if you bring Seteth, Flayn, Dorothea, and Manuela to the Enbarr level, there's special dialogue and goodies. Seteth and Flayn, put them near the church on the map. Dorothea and Manuela, near the opera house. You might even gain a battalion! 

Seteth and Flayn have VERY revealing dialogue if brought to two paralogues and attack the bosses. (Those paralogues being Lindhardt and Leonie's, and Claude's) Flayn's dialogue in those is hilarious. 

Spoiler

In the cutscene where you reunite with Edelgard on the church route, she and Byleth fight. She's wielding Seiros' sword, definitely clueing in that she indeed captured Rhea.

Bernadetta is found out of her room throughout Crimson Flower route, but hides in it in the other routes. Meaning, she actually goes through more character growth on that route. 

Flayn is superhyped when Byleth undergoes their hair and eye color changed. Its cute af. She mentions it more than you'd expect. 

 

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

More pious characters (Ashe, Mercedes, Marianne, Ignatz, Seteth, and Flayn) are usually found in the cathedral. Especially in part 1. 

Church route and possibly Golden Deer route, if you bring Seteth, Flayn, Dorothea, and Manuela to the Enbarr level, there's special dialogue and goodies. Seteth and Flayn, put them near the church on the map. Dorothea and Manuela, near the opera house. You might even gain a battalion!

---------

I noticed that Silver Snow ending cutscene is a throw back reference to the opening battle

- Both set at the dawn

- Both have Rhea "reunited" with her mother, in the opening it was Sword of Creator made from remain of Sothis; the ending was Byleth as reincarnation of Sothis.

- Rhea has blood on the same spot in both cutscenes

72747519_10157207536478961_7646860327572

68249737_10156994710673961_7914401824784

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Wyvern units are supposed to favor axes in Three Houses, this was not always the case in Fire Emblem. Traditionally they were primarily lance units until Radiant Dawn made axes their primary weapon of choice with a secondary rank in lances upon promotion.

However Seteth, a very old and traditional wyvern unit, has a higher Lance rank than Axe rank possibly referencing the roots of wyvern units

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 PM, NobodiePichu said:

aside from the parallels between the typical crusaders affair and the ten elites though with a darker spin, i do rather like the nemesises true history is basically an evil version of archanea the countries history (which was founded by a thief who stole the 'fire emblem' for personal gain and prosperity and made it his personal symbol).

also: rhea = gotoh, seteth = bantu, flayn = tiki

More like

Rhea= Tiki(kind of)

Flayn often gets added to the Tiki Archetype despite the fact that we Never learn her dragon form. And she wasn't asleep prior to the game starting nor was she controlled by the Gharnef

Seteth- Gotoh

Edited by EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 1:41 AM, LegendOfLoog said:

Sylvain and Annette's C support hints at his Budding Talent in Reason

Yep! That was such a clever touch!! I didn't realise the references in your other examples though, so thanks!

50 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Flayn often gets added to the Tiki Archetype despite the fact that we Never learn her dragon form. And she wasn't asleep prior to the game starting nor was she controlled by the Gharnef

She doesn't fit the Tiki archetype exactly, but...

Spoiler

she was asleep for a long time before appearing at the monastery. It's hinted at across several Supports, but after the battle against Nemesis, Flayn was so worn out by healing the wounded that she was forced to hibernate to regain her strength until just(?) before the story begins. This is part of the reason Seteth is so protective of her and (a spoiler for some of her supports:)

Spoiler

why she's afraid of sleeping. Also, Seteth is overprotective because he feels guilty over overworking Flayn without realising she had passed her limit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it’s a coincidence or not, but none of the main lords “outside-house” supports overlap.

Edelgard: Lysithea/Hanneman/Manuela

Dimitri: Raphael/Marianne/Catherine/Alois/Gilbert

Claude: Petra/Annette/Ingrid/Cyril/Shamir

Don’t believe there are “canon” recruitments for obvious reasons but still thought it was a nice touch if intentional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escape the Fate said:

Maybe it’s a coincidence or not, but none of the main lords “outside-house” supports overlap.

Edelgard: Lysithea/Hanneman/Manuela

Dimitri: Raphael/Marianne/Catherine/Alois/Gilbert

Claude: Petra/Annette/Ingrid/Cyril/Shamir

Don’t believe there are “canon” recruitments for obvious reasons but still thought it was a nice touch if intentional.

Huh...that's pretty neat! Also, Lysithea is available to recruit in Part 2 of Crimson Flower apparently, so maybe there's something to this~

2 hours ago, Coreyographed said:

However Seteth, a very old and traditional wyvern unit, has a higher Lance rank than Axe rank possibly referencing the roots of wyvern units

I didn't realise this, that's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

she was asleep for a long time before appearing at the monastery. It's hinted at across several Supports, but after the battle against Nemesis, Flayn was so worn out by healing the wounded that she was forced to hibernate to regain her strength until just(?) before the story begins. This is part of the reason Seteth is so protective of her and (a spoiler for some of her supports:)

I think she implies her hibernation was not single event, but multiple ones

In Silver Snow when you asked her about such, if you picked "I don't know", she would tell you the first one often left no memory, suggesting she had multiple hibernation experience before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Escape the Fate said:

Maybe it’s a coincidence or not, but none of the main lords “outside-house” supports overlap.

Edelgard: Lysithea/Hanneman/Manuela

Dimitri: Raphael/Marianne/Catherine/Alois/Gilbert

Claude: Petra/Annette/Ingrid/Cyril/Shamir

Don’t believe there are “canon” recruitments for obvious reasons but still thought it was a nice touch if intentional.

And incidentally, Dimitri will never support a Black Eagles character while Edelgard will never support a Kingdom character.

Claude, the hopeless idealist he is, wanting people to be people together, will not only support at least one character from each of the houses outside his house (covering, Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Knights, and Church) he also has a support with all foreigner characters (barring Dedue who as a bodyguard character, can't support other lords).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

More like

Rhea= Tiki(kind of)

Flayn often gets added to the Tiki Archetype despite the fact that we Never learn her dragon form. And she wasn't asleep prior to the game starting nor was she controlled by the Gharnef

Seteth- Gotoh

 

nah see

flayn = tiki, as she is heavily implied to have been asleep for a long time before the game began, or at least isolated as tiki archetypes often are as well, and was kidnapped and used in some form by the bad guys and possibly a character who heavily evokes the gharnef archetype.

seteth = bantu, as the protective guardian who acts as a parental figure (in this case being her actual parent) and guardian of the tiki, and who holds a degree of fondness for humans but is hyper focused on his duty to his ward and duties over humans.

rhea = gohto, as the older/authority figure among the dragons who works to guide humanity in some capacity as an authority figure of high renown, and tries to push them to be good people despite their own personal reservations and distaste for humans, and who runs a school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...