What are some clever details you noticed (Spoilers)?

6 hours ago, rocanaan said:

What rings weird to me is that, according to what the Knight says, official Church Lore would indicate that successions exist. It's weird that there is some record (or at least verbal stories) of a "past archbishop" doing something, but no records of who were these women and when did these transitions happen. 

I would imagine Seiros wouldn't want people to know that it's been her the entire time, and she was already fudging details about the nature of Nemesis and the 10 Elites, so what's a bit more fudging, really?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson Flower

Spoiler

Edelgard has separate critical hit lines against Church members.

Lost items spawn where the characters were standing the month before.

Miklan has an E rank in lances because he was never trained in the arts due to not having a Crest.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:
  Hide contents

Edelgard has separate critical hit lines against Church members.

Are you sure that's exclusive to Church members? I think most characters in the game have separate critical lines when facing against someone who were previously present in the Monastery.

41 minutes ago, Fire Flower said:

Are you sure that's exclusive to Church members? I think most characters in the game have separate critical lines when facing against someone who were previously present in the Monastery.

Spoiler

They do; I remember hearing Lysithea having a special crit quote for that. However I think these are very different, but I can't confirm it's just for Church members, that's true.

The Edge of Dawn does not play in the credits of Crimson Rose. From the Lyrics its pretty likely that the Edge of Dawn is supposed to be Edelgard singing how she laments where her path took her and how she wished to stay in the monastery. It doesn't play in Crimson Rose because there Edelgard won out and has little reason to lament anything. 

In Verdant Wind/Silver Snow during the Embarr invasion chapters,  checking Edelgard's army will reveal about 1/3 of her goons are Agarthans/TWSITD members, with their 3D models even having pale white skin similar to the important members fought during White Clouds (same thing applies for the army fought in the Shambhala map).

On 10/24/2019 at 3:04 AM, CyberNinja said:

And incidentally, Dimitri will never support a Black Eagles character while Edelgard will never support a Kingdom character.

Claude, the hopeless idealist he is, wanting people to be people together, will not only support at least one character from each of the houses outside his house (covering, Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Knights, and Church) he also has a support with all foreigner characters (barring Dedue who as a bodyguard character, can't support other lords).

This is genius, I love it!! Well done for spotting it!!

On 10/25/2019 at 2:34 AM, Sid Starkiller said:

After the Battle of the Eagle and Lion as BE, Ferdinand will invite Dorothea to tea. Every other time I played, she blows him off ("No thanks, Mr. Noble" etc.), but this time, I had already gotten their B support (where she just barely starts to not hate him), and she begrudgingly accepts.

EDIT: Also just noticed, while the rest of the class is celebrating, Mr. Gloomy Gus Retainer Guy isn't there. Figures he wouldn't be much for a party.

That's insane! I can't believe they'd affect actual dialogue!

Spoiler

If you complete Dimitri's Paralogue before attacking Fort Merceus, Gilbert will mention that capturing Arianrhod got the Western Lords to fall in line at the start of Chapter 20. Another neat touch, but the fact that a main story event would change for a "mere" Support blows my mind 😄

On 10/27/2019 at 2:08 AM, nhaer042 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I noticed after I played through the game once how when you replay it, the Flame Emperor's speech patterns sound like Edelgard's. It was something I didn't think about until after the reveal of the character's identity and I thought it was a neat subtle little hint.

Yep, I noticed this too! It's a really neat touch and really sticks out to you in hindsight xD

On 10/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, Collindew16 said:

I love this games attention to detail. One of my favorites is that in the reveal trailer we see the image below. After playing the game, it makes sense that the four dragons on the sides of the immaculate one are the four saints. Whats even cooler is that the dragon is clearly the Windcaller, which is Saint Macuil's true form that you fight in Claude's paralogue. To the left of him, there is a dragon that I'm assuming is the Immovable, but it's harder to say since he is in the background.

One more thing I'm sure is a cool detail is that I think some supports change based on events that happen. I'm not sure if they actually changed, but there are a few post time skip supports that reference that Rhea is missing, and after she is rescued they talk about how she is at the monastery. I'm not sure if the supports were actually altered or if they were just locked until that point in the game. 

That image shows the Saints? That's amazing!! I admit I don't see The Immovable myself, but The Wind Caller being there is enough to make me giddy. I guess all four of them are dragons then, not different kinds of beasts? (Also, this really, really makes me want a prologue DLC...)

For the second point, it's crazy that characters mention Rhea's absence and return like that! I have seen Supports change based on events though: Ingrid and Bernie's Support changes between Bernie skipping training (Part 1) and drills (Part 2) based on when you get it, while Ingrid/ Seteth's Support also changes from Ingrid worrying about her family while studying and feeling guilty about leaving them so she can be in the war - which completely changes the nature of her conversation, as you can imagine~

On 10/30/2019 at 7:23 PM, Timlugia said:

I am still wondering what Sealed Forest really was. There are tons of artifacts from both church and TWISTD scatter around there. Plus that magic ruin involved in the story. Maybe it's some kind TWISTD stronghold that was taken by force of Sothis in the ancient war? But why it would be so close to the church?

(Maybe before hostilities the two civilizations lived close by?)

Again, I really hope we get a prequel DLC!

On 10/30/2019 at 8:22 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

I think someone mentioned already how in Chapter 4, Seteth gives a sidequest to gather information about bandits gathering at a tower, and Chapter 5's story mission is fighting Miklan's bandits at Conand Tower. Well, in Chapter 8, Seteth gives a sidequest to gather information about missing students. Chapter 9's story mission? The missing students have been found, heading to the abandoned chapel and being transformed into Demonic Beasts.

Yes! I'm so glad someone mentioned this!

On 11/1/2019 at 2:54 AM, rocanaan said:

Thanks for the explanations (including re: Western Church). What rings weird to me is that, according to what the Knight says, official Church Lore would indicate that successions exist. It's weird that there is some record (or at least verbal stories) of a "past archbishop" doing something, but no records of who were these women and when did these transitions happen.

As @Timlugia mentioned, Rhea has been with the Church for over 100 years already, but my theory is that she "retires" every now and then and comes back once no one's around to remember her. Or maybe she has been away for the past 900 years trying to revive her mother~

19 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

19 hours ago, Thane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They do; I remember hearing Lysithea having a special crit quote for that. However I think these are very different, but I can't confirm it's just for Church members, that's true.

This is all news to me, wow!

16 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

In Verdant Wind/Silver Snow during the Embarr invasion chapters,  checking Edelgard's army will reveal about 1/3 of her goons are Agarthans/TWSITD members, with their 3D models even having pale white skin similar to the important members fought during White Clouds (same thing applies for the army fought in the Shambhala map).

That's awesome!! Is this also true for Azure Moon? (Also, the Duscur soldiers in Dedue's Paralogue have dark skin on their models despite having the default character portraits).

There's a nice bit of foreshadowing regarding the invasion in Chapter 12: in Chapter 11, a lot of NPCs mention Garreg Mach Town is getting a lot of visitors for some reason (one even asks if he forgot a celebration). You may assume this is due to yourself receiving a revelation, but you find out later that this is how Edelgard snuck her advance troops into position. In hindsight, I suppose there wouldn't have been a big celebration until after the "revelation" worked, so this should have been especially suspicious 😛

Something I noticed when I was doing my recent Maddening run is that the early game has a ton of hints about future events. I don't remember many of them (I'll check my Switch's gallery later) but one I remember is Sylvain joking about losing his brother to bandits which...you know, is true; just not in the way you'd expect.

And I know it's already been mentioned, but I love how Rhea, Flayn and Seteth have birthdays on the days dedicated to their past selves. I didn't figure it out in my first playthrough (because it was Crimson Flower), but once I discovered the truth that put a big smile on my face. Looking back, I wonder how I could have known Rhea is Seiros but not ask myself why her "family" also had auspicious birthdays...

Sorry for the double post, but I just saw this on Reddit and it blew my mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemThreeHouses/comments/dqeo18/something_interesting_i_discovered_about_the/

Details in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Everything in the mural is positioned to form the Crest of Flames. It was hard to see at first, but way too many things match up for it to be a coincidence. This is huge!!!

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Sorry for the double post, but I just saw this on Reddit and it blew my mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemThreeHouses/comments/dqeo18/something_interesting_i_discovered_about_the/

Details in the spoiler:

Hide contents

Everything in the mural is positioned to form the Crest of Flames. It was hard to see at first, but way too many things match up for it to be a coincidence. This is huge!!!

I believe this has been known for quite a while, no? But yes, it's definitely a very neat detail!

31 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Really? Do you know where it was first pointed out? I'm still reeling from this, to tell the truth!

That was in August. However, I saw a post earlier than that, back when people/the leaks(?) said the Crest was called the Crest of Creation or Crest of the World.

27 minutes ago, Thane said:

That was in August. However, I saw a post earlier than that, back when people/the leaks(?) said the Crest was called the Crest of Creation or Crest of the World.

Ooh, thank you!! And you're talking about the Thanibomb leaks, I assume?

Edited by DefyingFates

On 11/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, DefyingFates said:

Also, the Duscur soldiers in Dedue's Paralogue have dark skin on their models despite having the default character portraits

In a similar vein, Almyran soldiers have dark-skinned models, albeit not to the extent of the Duscur soldiers.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

In a similar vein, Almyran soldiers have dark-skinned models, albeit not to the extent of the Duscur soldiers.

Ooh, I have to look into this next time I play, thank you!

Edited by DefyingFates

The Crests in the mural are organized in a particular way: the Crest of Seiros is on top surrounded by the Crests of the Four Saints, while the rest of the Crests are arranged clockwise in order of the Major Arcana they represent (starting with Ernest/The Fool, then Dominic/The Empress, etc., ending with Lamine/Judgement). The Crest of Timotheos is notably the only "missing Crest" to not be worn away.

Mercedes and Felix's C-Support is altered if you view it after completing Mercedes's paralogue (which will basically never happen in a normal playthrough unless you never use them together).

Spoiler

Namely, Felix points out that Mercedes is comparing him to Jeritza/the Death Knight when she says that Felix reminds her of her brother, because said paralogue reveals that the Death Knight and Emile are the same person.

Edited by Lightchao42

There are some interesting tidbits at the bottom of this wiki article about Persian influences in Claude's design, as well as Almyra. No official sources, however, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

Another weird thing (which may be entirely coincidence) but the main lord's names are in alphabetical order: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard. 

But then who is "A," you ask? Why none other than the true hero of the story...

Spoiler

Alois

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Mercedes and Felix's C-Support is altered if you view it after completing Mercedes's paralogue (which will basically never happen in a normal playthrough unless you never use them together).

The alteration is awesome enough, but the bolded part makes it even more amazing. Wow!!

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

the Crest of Seiros is on top surrounded by the Crests of the Four Saints, while the rest of the Crests are arranged clockwise in order of the Major Arcana they represent (starting with Ernest/The Fool, then Dominic/The Empress, etc., ending with Lamine/Judgement). The Crest of Timotheos is notably the only "missing Crest" to not be worn away.

Macuil's Crest is on the right and directly above the Wind Caller, so the Saints' Crests may tell us which is which in the image too. The Crests being ordered like the Arcana is a really neat touch, thank you for spotting it! Timotheos' Crest is also on the balcony outside Rhea's room, which suggests the bearer was someone important to her/ the war effort. Maybe a close friend/ lover? It'd make sense that she'd try not to let that Crest be forgotten~

8 hours ago, Scoot said:

There are some interesting tidbits at the bottom of this wiki article about Persian influences in Claude's design, as well as Almyra.

That's so cool! That article also suggests Claude practices a version of Zoroastrianism too, which is a neat touch. Learning about Dedue's religion was already nice, so learning about other foreign faiths is quite lovely!

Hilda is rather perceptive despite being a lazy bum - she is quick to realize that something is off about Monica, noting that for someone who was captive for a year, she is rather cheerful (note that this is at the same time that Sothis has a bad feeling about Tomas - and she turned out to be right), and second, she's spending a lot of time with Edelgard (foreshadowing that Edelgard is working with "Those Who Slither in the Dark"). Also, she's very reluctant to use her Hero's Relic because she feels it's alive. 

I've seen a lot of complaints about Petra, in the vein of "How has her language not improved in 5 years of living in Fodlan?" Well...it did, just in more subtle ways. Compare lines that change after the timeskip:

1: When mastering a class: "My understanding has completion!" vs "My understanding is complete!"

2: One of her level up lines: "War feeds my body and mind!" vs "War fuels my body and mind!"

Replaying CF (again) I noticed a lot of little ways her language has improved. She's not fluent by any means, but it's there.

46 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I've seen a lot of complaints about Petra, in the vein of "How has her language not improved in 5 years of living in Fodlan?" Well...it did, just in more subtle ways. Compare lines that change after the timeskip:

1: When mastering a class: "My understanding has completion!" vs "My understanding is complete!"

2: One of her level up lines: "War feeds my body and mind!" vs "War fuels my body and mind!"

Replaying CF (again) I noticed a lot of little ways her language has improved. She's not fluent by any means, but it's there.

Ooh, that's really subtle! Thanks for spotting that!

22 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Speaking of Petra, her English lines are far better than Japanese in my opinion, that having her to have grammatically mistakes.

her Japanese lines were extremely stuttering almost painful to read.

I just recently read @Coolmanio's article about Petra about the ENG/JPN difference, weird coincidence, huh? Now I wonder how her Japanese changes after the timeskip...

Playing Azure Moon again - 

Dimitri + Byleth's C support - 
Dimitri talks a lot about Rodigue and how he (Rodrigue) would do anything to help people find their way

Spoiler

nice little hint to the fact that Rodrigue was so desperate to help Dimitri find his path in part 2 - to the point he sacrifices himself to save Dimitri's life because he knows he'll find his way one day. 

The Dimitri + Byleth Relationship. 

While you can argue that All 3 Lords have a quasi-crush on Byleth and in the prologue they all want  Byleth's aid for their countries - during the first course of the year, I found that Dimitri out of all three Lords has this tenderness/romantic/protection towards Byleth that isn't present with the other two. (even though out of all 3 Lords, Edelgard is the only one eligible for S Supporting both Bylad and Bylass, but this is going towards the Bylass PoV).  

When Byleth is ill (which was never really explained?) Dimitri was the only one who truly worried about her illness and that she should go rest. When the events in chapter....9? 10? you know when - 

Spoiler

Jearlt Dies. RIP

Dimitri is the only one based on Byleth's previous choices talking to Sothis - who wants to help her gain revenge. (and this is in all 3 paths to be fair). Out of all three lords - Dimitri is the only one who has a romantic-based Goddess Tower scene, and even though

Spoiler

he plays it off as a joke. there is a pause (and based on the reaction of Byleth), is that he is scared that he admitted it - and doesn't know how to respond other than playing it off as a joke. this bookends the S support when Dimitri proposes and Byleth reacts the same and instead of playing off as a joke, he begs her to say something, and if its no he'll walk away 

The key stuff too is Dimitri hates fragile delicate things and has been seen breaking anything fragile and small, delicate. (even shown in a support where he can't even embroider properly because he keeps breaking the needles). He notes that Byleth is rather delicate for someone who is seen as a fierce combatant in the field of battle. There are several instances that Byleth reaches her hand to Dimitri (to calm him/stop him/let him know that she's there for him), but every instance he pushes it away like he doesn't want to let that delicateness impact him. 

So the first time when he actually takes her hand

Spoiler

when stopping him from looking back at seeing the murdered Edelgard i just find it's a nice thing that he's finally allowing himself to enjoy something peaceful and fragile because he's basically at his most vulnerable after coming back from Emo-mode I think. also at the end in the S support. he notices exactly how delicate and fragile they are and he loves them. so that was sweet lol)

On 11/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, DefyingFates said:

I just recently read @Coolmanio's article about Petra about the ENG/JPN difference, weird coincidence, huh? Now I wonder how her Japanese changes after the timeskip...

She gets much more confident in her pronunciation and doesn't speak as slowly. I thought it was a nice touch.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, Escape the Fate said:

Maybe it’s a coincidence or not, but none of the main lords “outside-house” supports overlap.

Edelgard: Lysithea/Hanneman/Manuela

Dimitri: Raphael/Marianne/Catherine/Alois/Gilbert

Claude: Petra/Annette/Ingrid/Cyril/Shamir

Don’t believe there are “canon” recruitments for obvious reasons but still thought it was a nice touch if intentional.

Worth noting that Flayn can support with Dimitri and Claude, but not Edelgard. Although, I suppose it's ambiguous as to whether she should be considered "in-house" or "out-of-house".