What are some clever details you noticed (Spoilers)?

12 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Worth noting that Flayn can support with Dimitri and Claude, but not Edelgard. Although, I suppose it's ambiguous as to whether she should be considered "in-house" or "out-of-house".

She's the only character to canonically join your class (i.e. in all routes) while all other students joining your class is determinant and the faculty never "join" your class. Kinda arguing semantics in that case, I suppose. It's interesting to point out how Edelgard thus shows that she never considers Flayn a part of her house, which makes sense since you know...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Worth noting that Flayn can support with Dimitri and Claude, but not Edelgard. Although, I suppose it's ambiguous as to whether she should be considered "in-house" or "out-of-house".

Yeah, since she joins automatically I didn’t include her, apologies for not mentioning. Also worth noting, the main lords (and Seteth for church) when adding their total supports equals either the max deployment with or without adjutants (12 for Edelgard and Seteth, 15 for Dimitri and Claude).

Edited by Escape the Fate

At the risk of starting a shipping war...

Dorothea flirts with both Edelgard and Ingrid in her B Supports with them. While Edelgard plays along, Ingrid immediately freaks out. I thought this was a neat way of acknowledging that the former two are canonically bi while the latter isn't.

Also, the choir sheet you need to find to unlock the choir practice is located right next to Dorothea. Fitting!

On 11/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, Scoot said:

Another weird thing (which may be entirely coincidence) but the main lord's names are in alphabetical order: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard. 

But then who is "A," you ask? Why none other than the true hero of the story...

Hide contents

Alois

Cries in ferdinand von Aegir

The Deathknight is one of the more famous users of counterattack allowing him to retaliate at any range with a bolt of lightning. His class is a modified dark knight favoring his lance but still able to do magic. His spells? Thunder (starts with this learned) and Thoron. Turns out enemy death knight knew magic all along!

Also the deathknight is the single character other than Hubert capable of using the dark magic spell "Death" it's also the only dark magic he's capable of.

In the Holy Mausoleum (chapter4) there are exactly number of coffins for each crest

16 coffins in the lower chamber, 4 in the upper chamber and one for Seiros

The 4 in the upper chamber all have correspond crest for each Saints, clockwise are Cichol, Cethleann , Indech and Macuil

But here comes some questions about them:

Spoiler

Obviously we know they weren't actually buried here. In chapter11 Holy Tomb we know all the dead dragons are buried in the Holy Tomb instead, and the four Saints are all alive.

1. What's actually inside Holy Mausoleum coffins if no one was buried here? Were they just empty?

I am surprised that Edelgard or Claude never tired to open them, or Byleth would ask Rhea about them.

2. In Silver Snow Flaynn told you she used to sleep in a coffin, and she hid something here in the Holy Mausoleum so important she had to come back. This implies she actually slept here in her coffin. But the game abruptly ends the conversation before Byleth could ask more questions or reveal what Flaynn was hiding.

3. In the related question, in the Holy Tomb there is a special coffin in the center platform, which implies to be Sothis's tomb. Again, what's inside this coffin? How come no one ever wonder about this in the game?

44 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

In the Holy Mausoleum (chapter4) there are exactly number of coffins for each crest

16 coffins in the lower chamber, 4 in the upper chamber and one for Seiros

The 4 in the upper chamber all have correspond crest for each Saints, clockwise are Cichol, Cethleann , Indech and Macuil

But here comes some questions about them:

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously we know they weren't actually buried here. In chapter11 Holy Tomb we know all the dead dragons are buried in the Holy Tomb instead, and the four Saints are all alive.

1. What's actually inside Holy Mausoleum coffins if no one was buried here? Were they just empty?

I am surprised that Edelgard or Claude never tired to open them, or Byleth would ask Rhea about them.

2. In Silver Snow Flaynn told you she used to sleep in a coffin, and she hid something here in the Holy Mausoleum so important she had to come back. This implies she actually slept here in her coffin. But the game abruptly ends the conversation before Byleth could ask more questions or reveal what Flaynn was hiding.

3. In the related question, in the Holy Tomb there is a special coffin in the center platform, which implies to be Sothis's tomb. Again, what's inside this coffin? How come no one ever wonder about this in the game?

Wow, your Point 2 is miserable considering what we know about the person involved. Poor thing...

Also, good eye for spotting all this! I assume you zoomed in? Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wow, your Point 2 is miserable considering what we know about the person involved. Poor thing...

Also, good eye for spotting all this! I assume you zoomed in? Thank you very much!

Yes, I zoomed in and found the crest on the backside of each coffin

No wonder I never noticed it first few times playing the chapter.

Spoiler

Not surprised that Flyan had same fear like Tiki that she goes to sleep losing all her friends and woke up in a different world.

Edited by Timlugia

After capturing Deirdru, Hubert througfully praise Claude for laying out a plan in case he was defeated.

Spoiler

If you play others route you know that his words aren't hollow since he does the exact same thing in Verdant Wind and Silver Snow.

One of the new DLC quests has a nameless student accuse you of getting too close with your students (I don't think the implication is sexual, but that's not important right now) and challenging you to a "proper conduct tournament". The accuser, the 3 randoms you fight first, and the 2 named characters you fight last all match your gender.

Spoiler

They're probably jealous of how popular you are with the opposite sex 😜

13 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

One of the new DLC quests has a nameless student accuse you of getting too close with your students (I don't think the implication is sexual, but that's not important right now) and challenging you to a "proper conduct tournament". The accuser, the 3 randoms you fight first, and the 2 named characters you fight last all match your gender.

Hide contents

They're probably jealous of how popular you are with the opposite sex 😜

I assume the named duo are Sylvain and Lorenz if you're male? I wonder who the female pair are then; Dorothea might be one, though she's not the type to take this sort of thing seriously...

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Something i've noticed is that Ferdinand stresses that he's the legitimate heir to House Ageir.

Huh. I just assumed this was part of his being so pompous...

Spoiler

That sixth new character in the datamine just got a whole lot more interesting...

50 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I assume the named duo are Sylvain and Lorenz if you're male? I wonder who the female pair are then; Dorothea might be one, though she's not the type to take this sort of thing seriously...

Yup. For the female, it's Ingrid (probably a kneejerk reaction to possible philandering because of Sylvain) and Manuela (she's just that desperate).

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Yup. For the female, it's Ingrid (probably a kneejerk reaction to possible philandering because of Sylvain) and Manuela (she's just that desperate).

I now have this mental image of all these women being furious at Byleth's popularity, while Ingrid's just there trying to stop her becoming a female Sylvain and having no idea what everyone else is there for and I love it xD

Is this quest called "Defend Yourself!" by any chance?

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh. I just assumed this was part of his being so pompous...

Reveal hidden contents

That sixth new character in the datamine just got a whole lot more interesting...

it really does. 
it's interesting because there are some things i tend to skip simply because you know i've been doing nothing but playing this game non stop so most of it i kinda know by heart now 😉 but this one made me pause big time because I've noticed he said it... and he says something akin to this a lot. I'm the heir. I'm legitimate. and it's not like the others (Sylvain, Lorenz etc) where it's like. "yeah i'm gonna be in charge. and whatever" - it seems in a sense he's trying to convince himself of that fact. (Maybe i'm just looking waaaaaayyyy into it) but.....

Spoiler

if there's a ginger in the new DLC wave..... that will be extremely intriguing. 

10 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Hide contents

if there's a ginger in the new DLC wave..... that will be extremely intriguing. 

Now that would be a really subtle bit of foreshadowing if this happens 😛

10 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i've been doing nothing but playing this game non stop so most of it i kinda know by heart now 😉

Hats off to you, fair maiden xD

Post Timeskip with the monastery in somewhat disrepair and all the scaffolding to show that it's being repaired (in all the routes).  I just kind of liked that.

Also in new game + the Byleth you didn't pick appears after you fuse with Sothis and go down to the holy tomb.  Which is about the only time I'll tolerate default F!Byleth.

In Seteth's C Support with Bernadetta, when comparing her to Indech he makes an off-hand comment about Indech being "so reclusive he hid in a lake for a thousand years" (paraphrasing). I've only gotten that Support once and that was after doing the Indech Paralogue, so can anyone confirm if that line is indeed tied to fighting him beforehand? If so - and I know we've said this already - that's pretty impressive!

Also, if you reach Ingrid's B Support with Annette beforehand, she'll mention the latter teaching her about make-up when Dorothea complains about it to her in their B Support. I wasn't expecting that at all and I loved it!

13 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

If you choose to use Dimitri's Part 2 design in Part 1, he'll still have both eyes, since canonically he hasn't lost the one yet.

That's a really little thing but I'm so glad they included it! Does he have an alternate version that keeps the eye, since he doesn't lose it in CF either?

I'll check once I finish this fight. EDIT: Nope.

Speaking of CF Dimitri, maybe you guys have some detail I missed: what is up with his characterization? It's like they tried to blend the axe-crazy part with the calmer-after-Rodrigue's-death part, but it just comes off as waffling between them. Please tell me if I missed something here!

Edited by Sid Starkiller

33 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I'll check once I finish this fight.

Speaking of CF Dimitri, maybe you guys have some detail I missed: what is up with his characterization? It's like they tried to blend the axe-crazy part with the calmer-after-Rodrigue's-death part, but it just comes off as waffling between them. Please tell me if I missed something here!

I think it comes down to two things:

• Cornelia dies before she can stage her coup in CF, so he isn't forced into exile and left alone with his thoughts for five years.
  • The Church throws their lot in with him, which means Rhea is around to keep him calm. We know that, despite her flaws, she's a very caring and tender person when she has to be, so it makes perfect sense that she'd be able to talk him through his mental hang-ups; Dimitri even admits that he would have turned out differently if he'd had his A Support with Mercedes - another deeply religious person - sooner.

But once Edelgard has him beat, his anger comes to the fore and he snaps, so she's forced to put him out of his misery.

And thanks for checking! Which fight are you on?