What are some clever details you noticed (Spoilers)?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Soroen said:

A rather small one, the names of the Lords exclusive Combat Art match the one of their respective route.

• Crimson Flower - Flickering Flower
  • Azure Moon - Paraselene
  • Verdant Wind - Wind God

So does Rhea's: Silver Snow - Hoarfrost.

18 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

The statues of Saints Indech, Cichol, and Cethleann are depicted holding The Inexhaustible, The Spear of Assal, and the Caduceus Staff respectively. The same items you get for completing the paralogues related to those characters.

To complete the set, Macuil's statue is holding the Sword of Begalta, which is the weapon obtained from the paralogue where you fight the Wind Caller.

22 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

The DLC stat boosters each reference one of the post-skip route names:

Sacred Floral Robe

Sacred Moonstone

Sacred Galewind Shoes

Sacred Snowmelt Drop

10 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

The statues of Saints Indech, Cichol, and Cethleann are depicted holding The Inexhaustible, The Spear of Assal, and the Caduceus Staff respectively. The same items you get for completing the paralogues related to those characters.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

To complete the set, Macuil's statue is holding the Sword of Begalta, which is the weapon obtained from the paralogue where you fight the Wind Caller.

These are all amazing! Geez, this is making it really hard to hold off on playing until DLC Wave 4 drops...

On 12/5/2019 at 6:59 AM, DefyingFates said:

These are all amazing! Geez, this is making it really hard to hold off on playing until DLC Wave 4 drops...

The Sword of Begalta is so confusing.

It's Macuil's weapon, is somehow aligned with Riegan, but has the Chevalier crest on the blade.

12 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

but has the Chevalier crest on the blade

Really? Wow...again, this just makes me want to play this again!

But the sword is pretty weird. I get that it's a case of Gameplay and Story Segregation (it's Claude's Paralogue so the reward is tied to his Crest), but maybe in-universe it's something Riegan gave to Macuil before joining Nemesis. It could also be something Macuil took from him after defeating him in battle, but it wouldn't really be his weapon in that case...

I think it's more that no playable units have Macuil's Crest than it being Claude's paralogue. The Inexhaustible is given in a paralogue tied to Leonie, but still has Indech's Crest, which Leonie lacks. So even though Leonie can use it, Bernadetta can better take advantage of its power.

EDIT: Just thought of something: Jeritza! CF, aka the route where El refuses the most ruthless of tactics, is the only route where Jeritza fights as himself and not as the Death Knight. Maybe she encourages the Death Knight to kill on the other routes, and encourages Jeritza to control himself in CF.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

The Shambhala maps have an odd distinction where otherwise generic enemies have names. Players who went through Azure Moon beforehand might recognize Myson, but Pittacus, Bias, and Chilon don't show up anywhere else. It turns out they're all named after the Seven Sages of Greece, who Thales and Solon also take their names from. Since that's only six, there should be another member named Cleobulus, Periander, or Anacharsis. Kronya and Odesse also have Greek names, but they aren't named after any prospect Sages.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Shambhala maps have an odd distinction where otherwise generic enemies have names. Players who went through Azure Moon beforehand might recognize Myson, but Pittacus, Bias, and Chilon don't show up anywhere else. It turns out they're all named after the Seven Sages of Greece, who Thales and Solon also take their names from. Since that's only six, there should be another member named Cleobulus, Periander, or Anacharsis. Kronya and Odesse also have Greek names, but they aren't named after any prospect Sages.

Ooh, that's awesome! Thank you very much, maybe we'll see some of these names in the DLC?

Has anyone noticed that when you equip a battlion that they are dressed in the colour of their leader's house?  Both Ashe and Bernadetta have this in the pre-time skip and I thought it was a neat little thing to share- it however also seems to carry through the house leaders and anyone Byleth has wears the class default colours, or white instead.

Also post timeskip depending on the route you have chosen the suppliers at the market place will wear white for silver snow, blue for azure moon and yellow for verdant winds and red for crimson flower!

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Has anyone noticed that when you equip a battlion that they are dressed in the colour of their leader's house?  Both Ashe and Bernadetta have this in the pre-time skip and I thought it was a neat little thing to share- it however also seems to carry through the house leaders and anyone Byleth has wears the class default colours, or white instead.

Also post timeskip depending on the route you have chosen the suppliers at the market place will wear white for silver snow, blue for azure moon and yellow for verdant winds and red for crimson flower!

Ooh, both of those are new to me! I can't believe I didn't notice the latter especially, since I always go there at least once a month to talk to anyone down there (like Gatekeeper)!

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Byleth has wears the class default colours, or white instead.

That is because Byleth is affiliated with the Church of Seiros and so the units have Church of Seiros colors. If you equip a battalion on Ashe while in the Black Eagles during White Clouds, he'll still have Blue Lion color wearing soldiers with him because his affiliation is still the Kingdom. After the timeskip his (and Byleth's) affiliation will change to what route you are on so if you choose Silver Snow all your student's affiliation will change to (resistance army) and all battalion units for all students will use Byleth's Black/purple/Orange color scheme.

8 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

That is because Byleth is affiliated with the Church of Seiros and so the units have Church of Seiros colors. If you equip a battalion on Ashe while in the Black Eagles during White Clouds, he'll still have Blue Lion color wearing soldiers with him because his affiliation is still the Kingdom. After the timeskip his (and Byleth's) affiliation will change to what route you are on so if you choose Silver Snow all your student's affiliation will change to (resistance army) and all battalion units for all students will use Byleth's Black/purple/Orange color scheme.

I knew about the affiliation change, but the battalions also changing is completely new to me. Again, thank you!!

25 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

As I am aware- it was just a neat little Easter Egg that stuck out to me particularly because I had combat animations on this time.  Normally I turn them off to save time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, DefyingFates said:

We had a similar thread related to characters a while ago but it's long since been buried, so I wanted to make one for general stuff. During the story, battles or just roaming the Monastery, what are some neat details you noticed? These can be pieces of foreshadowing or just neat aspects of character motivations/ worldbuilding (like Raphael always standing in line at the dining hall in Part 2).

To start off with one I only just realised, the reason the library never gets the third and fourth volumes of the Church of Seiros' doctrines is likely because their contents became taboo at some point, like how everyone worships The Immaculate One yet Seteth still confiscates a picture of it from Claude.

Your turn!

Would it also be alright to talk about details we WISH were in the game?

Because there are several details I'd have liked to see in the game and I figured this would be the right topic for it. :)

In new game + all of the house leaders has different hairstyles from their default styles.  It's also curious that El has a side ponytail, Dimitri has the top part of his hair tied back and Claude rocks a bandana, which makes me wonder were those alternate designs that the developers created but didn't put into the art book for reasons?

18 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Seteth is a gearhead. 

If you look in his office you can see papers hanging from his wall depicting siege towers and weird mechanics. 

17 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Can he be any more of a dad?

"Professor,

It seems that some unscrupulous individual has been absconding with various pieces of personal hardware. It is essential that you find the person responsible, and return the lost goods to me, so that I may return to constructing Flayn a mechanized mermaid su... that is, so I may... repair the golems. For the purpose of defending Garreg Mach. Yes."

I noticed that the four saints true forms, and Seiros too for that matter, seems to be inspired by the Four Beast of Asian mythology.

Indech easily seems to be the Black Turtle, the others are more tricky. Both Macuil and Seiros seems to be a good candidate for both the Vermilion Bird and Azure Dragon, by process of elimination, that'll mean that either Seteth of Flayn could be the White Tiger.
Or maybe Maurice is. I dunno. 😛

There is also Nemesis. King of Liberation's armor and War Master's are very similar to each others, note the cloak for instance, King of Liberation also have profeciency in brawling, just like War Master. But he also seems to have the pauldron of the Warrior class.
Gimme the King of Liberation and let me have a buff Byleth, dammit !

During chapter 10, the Knights of Serios are sent away on a mission to find Jeralt's killer. As a result, Shamir and Catherine cannot be tutored during this timeframe. Despite this, though, they're still deployable in paralogues and auxiliary battles.

A few days ago I was playing through Azure Moon, and had Marianne and Sylvain reach B rank. In that support Sylvain says something about how people's smile shows you how they really are, if they are sincere of not.

The day after, Marianne reached A rank with Ashe;  to my surprise, she quoted Sylvain and his thoughts. I re-checked these supports on youtube and confirmed that the dialogue does in fact change depending on Marianne/Sylvain rank.

This thing kind of blew me away! I wonder how many little changes like this one flew over my head during my playtime.

Edited by Jandopo