What are some clever details you noticed (Spoilers)?

On 12/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, B.Leu said:

Both Macuil and Seiros seems to be a good candidate for both the Vermilion Bird and Azure Dragon, by process of elimination, that'll mean that either Seteth of Flayn could be the White Tiger.

Some versions of the myth also have the "Yellow Dragon of the Center," which is probably Seiros. Hopefully we learn more about Seteth and Flayn in the DLC!

On 12/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, Shadow Mir said:

During chapter 10, the Knights of Serios are sent away on a mission to find Jeralt's killer. As a result, Shamir and Catherine cannot be tutored during this timeframe. Despite this, though, they're still deployable in paralogues and auxiliary battles.

Yep! It's a really neat touch! The Paralogue thing is probably just so you aren't crippled by the lack of anyone you put a lot of investment in.

18 hours ago, Jandopo said:

This thing kind of blew me away! I wonder how many little changes like this one flew over my head during my playtime.

Yep! It's crazy, isn't it?! There are a ton of changes to Supports like this (some even mentioned earlier in the thread), for example Ingrid mentions her B Support with Annette if you got it before her B Support with Dorothea 🙂

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edelgard was based off many of the previous Emperor enemies, one of her major influences was actually Walhart.

After the Timeskip, you will fight Edelgard twice, once on an open battlefield (Gronder) where she wields a magical sword that heals her (Sword of Seiros)

Walhart Fights you twice, once outside his fortress in an open battlefield wielding Sol, a magical sword that heals him.

In SS/VW Edelgard will then fight you in in her Palace wielding her true personal weapon an axe called Amyr

After his first defeat, Walhart will retreat to his Palace and fight you in his throne room wielding his true Regalia, an axe called Wolf Berg.

Furthermore, Walhart has his final stand with two Generals, Cervantes and Excellus: a powerful warrior and shadowy Mage

While it isn't the same map, Hubert and the Death Knight fit this role quite well but in Verdant Wind its Dorothea and Petra who fill in quite nicely as the final stand Generals: a powerful warrior and a mage.

2 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Edelgard was based off many of the previous Emperor enemies, one of her major influences was actually Walhart.

After the Timeskip, you will fight Edelgard twice, once on an open battlefield (Gronder) where she wields a magical sword that heals her (Sword of Seiros)

Walhart Fights you twice, once outside his fortress in an open battlefield wielding Sol, a magical sword that heals him.

In SS/VW Edelgard will then fight you in in her Palace wielding her true personal weapon an axe called Amyr

After his first defeat, Walhart will retreat to his Palace and fight you in his throne room wielding his true Regalia, an axe called Wolf Berg.

Furthermore, Walhart has his final stand with two Generals, Cervantes and Excellus: a powerful warrior and shadowy Mage

While it isn't the same map, Hubert and the Death Knight fit this role quite well but in Verdant Wind its Dorothea and Petra who fill in quite nicely as the final stand Generals: a powerful warrior and a mage.

Huh...that's so weird! Well spotted!

On 12/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, DefyingFates said:

Some versions of the myth also have the "Yellow Dragon of the Center," which is probably Seiros. Hopefully we learn more about Seteth and Flayn in the DLC!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kohryu !
According to the Crest Signs, Flayn is (was) a Light dragon, Seteth a Earth Dragon, Macuil's a Wind Dragon, Indech a Water Dragon and Seiros a Sky Dragon.
Yup... Very Sky feeling there Seiros...

My guess is that either Seiros or Flayn could be the Yellow Dragon.

Edited by B.Leu

21 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I'm only passingly familiar with that myth, but Seiros being the leader of sorts, plus her Immaculate One form being white, much closer to yellow than azure, I would peg her as Yellow Dragon of the Center.

Same here. Doubly so considering she's literally the center of the Seiros faith (and the mural).

Edited by DefyingFates

when Flayn goes missing, Linhardt accuses Hannenman due to the crest 
Hannenman goes that's a fool's idea,  but when asked, Hanneman confesses he'd love to exmaine Flayn, but Seteth won't even let him near Flayn so he let it ago. 

Hanneman and Flayn don't have supports with each other. 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, CyberNinja said:

The issue I have here is even in Gronder, she has Aymr, and she uses it far more often than not. Second, Dorothea and Petra are recruitable.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The issue I have here is even in Gronder, she has Aymr, and she uses it far more often than not. Second, Dorothea and Petra are recruitable.

Well hence Deathknight and Hubert who fit the same rule and aren't recruitable. Their issue is that they're not in the palace because the embarrassing siege had a city battle.

ultimately Valm and Adrestia follow the same beats. A battle in a lava map, an undefeated fort infiltrated, an open battle with the final boss, finish the boss in their throne room.

I know this isn't quite 3 H, but it fits in I swear!

If you summon Edelgard in FEH and tap on her portrait, she says the following which probably harks back to when Byleth came across her painting in Crimson Flower though she's still in her officer's academy uniform:

"A painting...?  My painting- but how did you-?  Leave now, I have urgent business to tend to."

Which now that I've seen how she reacts to Byleth finding out about her trying to do a portrait of him seems to be very familiar XD

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 2 weeks later...

One of W!Sothis' Special quotes is "Under the Ethereal Moon!" which is a clever nod to how the Ethereal Moon is the 12 month of the Fodlan calendar (i.e. December). This in turn makes you wonder if the White Heron Cup and the school ball is meant to be Fodlan's version of a Christmas celebration. Pretty crazy, huh?