Favourite Fateswakening Character supports?

Maddie

I'm just wondering what everyone's favouriite characters supports were from Awakening and Fates. I have not been able to go through much of the supports in each game and I really want and idea of the funnest or sweetest supports are since it'd take forever to individually achieve each one.

Just about every Frederick support! Freddy is the best. ❤️

He's especially hilarious in his supports with Chrom and Robin. lol

I also really like Lon'qu and Cherche, Silas and female Corrin, and Stahl and Cordelia. I didn't bother getting many supports in Fates. Just didn't care enough about the game to.

2 hours ago, Edegard1902 said:

I'm just wondering what everyone's favouriite characters supports were from Awakening and Fates. I have not been able to go through much of the supports in each game and I really want and idea of the funnest or sweetest supports are since it'd take forever to individually achieve each one.

I think most of are uninteresting and were drained of all dramatic conflict and tension, like the rest of the writing in those games, which became evident to me after the entire Chrom x Sumia tree was 100%  about the merits and difficulties of making rhubarb pie (in a war that is about murdered sisters/rulers) . My favorite was the Robin x Lucina one because there's some genuine conflict of interest there (Lucina is an alternate timeline's version of Robin's best friend's daughter and Robin is the guy who is going to kill Lucina's father and doom the timeline she is trying to save, so any platonic or romantic relationship between them is going to be tense. Other than that, they're mostly running jokes (Serena's father is gullible and indulgent, etc). They also depict a basically classless society where there are no meaningful political or metaphysical differences between commoners and nobles, between clergy and lay people, or between humans and otherworldly beings, which runs contrary to the series' core themes. 

Fates promised tension and conflict but didn't deliver on it in anyway, Supports or otherwise. 

A classic Fire Emblem support is about a bond forged in war between two people that usually conflict with each other in some way (two people who never wouldn't meet or interact with each other in any other situation), and the bond is just as often a source of mystery and tragedy as resolution and happiness. There are some Support endings in classic Fire Emblem where you aren't really sure what happened to two characters (but suspect the worst) and others where you know for certain their bond caused them great and lasting suffering.

Edited by MoralityGames

Pretty much every Severa support. They’re all so sweet, heartwarming, and sad by the end. The ones that stick out the most are her parent supports as well as her supports with Noire, both robins(the female Robin support in particular is really good), and her Owain support. Really all her supports are just fantastic and the reason I love this girl so much. She just needs a hug damnit.

2 hours ago, MoralityGames said:

I think most of are uninteresting and were drained of all dramatic conflict and tension, like the rest of the writing in those games, which became evident to me after the entire Chrom x Sumia tree was 100%  about the merits and difficulties of making rhubarb pie (in a war that is about murdered sisters/rulers) . My favorite was the Robin x Lucina one because there's some genuine conflict of interest there (Lucina is an alternate timeline's version of Robin's best friend's daughter and Robin is the guy who is going to kill Lucina's father and doom the timeline she is trying to save, so any platonic or romantic relationship between them is going to be tense. Other than that, they're mostly running jokes (Serena's father is gullible and indulgent, etc). They also depict a basically classless society where there are no meaningful political or metaphysical differences between commoners and nobles, between clergy and lay people, or between humans and otherworldly beings, which runs contrary to the series' core themes. 

Somebody certainly doesn't understand what the word "nuance" means cause otherwise you wouldn't be saying this especially the bolded portion

Edited by Ottservia

2 hours ago, MoralityGames said:

A classic Fire Emblem support is about a bond forged in war between two people that usually conflict with each other in some way (two people who never wouldn't meet or interact with each other in any other situation), and the bond is just as often a source of mystery and tragedy as resolution and happiness.

Have to agree with this. Some of my favourite supports are just seeing two characters who have nothing to do with each other interact.

With that in mind, the first 3DS support that I think fulfills this is Arthur/Azama, in Revelations. Seeing Arthur just try to make sense of Azama is just kind of... I think heartwarming is the only word for it. I dunno, its not sweet or anything, but its just wholesome, and its one of Azama's only supports where he isn't an irredeemable douchebag up until the end of the A support. Probably my favourite support from Fates.

On that note, Arthur has a lot of more humorous supports, if that's what you're looking for. Arthur and Benny is one of my favourites in that regard.

As for more heartwarming supports, I like Ricken/Henry, and honestly, the entire trio of Kellam/Donnel, Stahl/Kellam and Stahl/Donnel is pretty great.

Fates: Xander/Laslow+Leo/Odin+Odin/Laslow Are like the best support triangle in Fates imo.

Awakening: uhh not serious but I love Owain/M!Morgan, but for actual Supports Henry/Ricken is a great support. I remember liking Cherche/Gaius a large amount where they don't candy or Wyverns is impressive. Chrom and Olivia is great too but you know hidden behind the game if you want their actual S support lol. Tiki & Nah is actually really good too honestly, as long as you get over Tiki lore shennanigans.

Lots of parent-child support are great in Awakening, less so in Fates but there's still standouts with the best Ophelia & Soleil support with their fathers.

6 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Pretty much every Severa support. They’re all so sweet, heartwarming, and sad by the end. The ones that stick out the most are her parent supports as well as her supports with Noire, both robins(the female Robin support in particular is really good), and her Owain support. Really all her supports are just fantastic and the reason I love this girl so much. She just needs a hug damnit.

Somebody certainly doesn't understand what the word "nuance" means cause otherwise you wouldn't be saying this especially the bolded portion

Yeah I love all her supports too! I've not gotten all of them yet as I'm halfway through Conquest currently but I really like her supports with Owain and Inigo so far.

• 3 months later...

The ones that first come to mind from Awakening are Tharja/Libra, Cordelia/Severa, Cordelia/Vaike, and Vaike/Lissa

From Fates I don't remember specifics outside the Awakening Trio but I remember Benny supports being cute and Azama supports being...interesting. I think I was fond of some Shiro supports as well.

• 5 months later...

Owain and Severa in both games are botth really sweet. I always marry them off together in my playthroughs. Also Odin/Ophelia support is actually extremely well written. Made me tear up a bit, not gonna lie. Laslow with Odin and Severa is also really well done.

Moving away from Owain (my favorite FE character lol) Female Morgan has amazing supports in Awakening. Her supports with her father are funny and her romance with Gerome and Inigo are adorable!!