Nintendo Dream did a poll on who are fan’s favorite Nintendo characters and look who made it to the top ten!

Water Mage

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/random_japans_favourite_nintendo_character_devours_the_competition_once_more

I mean, it’s obvious that this is because of Three Houses’s recent release, but it still impressive that Dimitri made it to the top ten with titans like Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and Link!

Nintendo Dream is the one who actually did the poll and they also did a poll with only FE Three Houses characters and guess who won:https://i.imgur.com/yYHnEnB.jpg

I saw the first poll. Nintendo Dream does those monthly, with Kirby coming out almost invariably on top.

Dim, I Try isn't entirely flavor-of-the-month, since Chrom made 10th in July, long after anything related to him happened. So FE stands a small chance of scraping the top every month. 3H just leaned the chance a certain way.

35 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Pretty much everyone else were some cute characters, then there is Dimitri

"I will take your head from that shoulder and hanging it on the gates of Enbarr!"

Most of the people who like Dimitri prefer to think of him as a cute character anyways

Well, I've definitely underestimated Diimitri's popularity. Before both this and the Three Houses poll, I thought he was the least popular of the house leaders while Edelgard was the most liked (she is a female after all...). Now it looks to actually be the other way around (Edelgard got the least amount of votes out of the three in the TH poll).

I like him myself, though Claude is still my favorite house leader.

I wouldn't say that was unexpected. He made it to the top in every FE poll so far. Even if I actually didn't like him, I still think it's cool to see a Fire Emblem character in that poll. 

-I guess I may replay Blue Lions, I feel like I underestimated Dimitri-

I'm not surprised Dimitri made it to the top. His "lord's journey" is so good and well told (voice acting is 10/10 as well). You see him struggle with expectations he places upon himself, which I think anyone can relate to. His obsession with justice spirals out of control mentally/physically (PTSD and justice turning into vengeance). I see his character model post time skip as a reflection of his mental state (also it looks badass. eyepatch units OP. lookin at you haar). It's a redemption story of someone who knows their mistakes and owns up to them. Honestly, his wrath feels pretty awesome at the start of post time skip. It feels justified. The world keeps being horrible and he thinks "Fuck this, I've had enough. This ends now with either the death of those responsible or mine". Obviously, this isn't great, which he eventually realizes this by the example and help of those around him. He's also a powerhouse of a combat unit with amazing growths/bases and a dope skill set (battalion wrath + battalion vantage). #DimitriHypeTrain #AllAboard!

Ashe being 11th <3 I love that Japan seems to love him as well. 

Also the top 3 are all very great, and I'm so happy Dimitri got 1st on yet another poll. And I'm so, so glad Japan is giving Female Byleth the love she deserves in these polls from what I'm seeing.