What are you doing for Halloween?

XRay

So yeah, what are your plans? Steal candy? Scare children? Dress up as a nudist? Do actually not do the first two, and I guess the last is okay if you are not in public.

My friend and I are having a housewarming party at her place this weekend, so we might drink, watch scary movies, and chill. I do not think anyone would be dressing up in a costume though since it is kind of a hassle. As for on Halloween itself, I do not think we are doing anything since it is a workday.

I plan to hand out candy as Scooby Doo! It's about time I went as my favorite cartoon of all time. I don't know why I never once did until now. I want to have some candy for myself too though, so I need to make sure to buy enough to where I'll have extra leftover while still having handed out plenty to kids.

Only problem is, I now live in an area that doesn't get trick or treaters (this residential area is too small), so I'll have to go elsewhere, but I'll figure out something!

First thing I do when I get off work is get a copy of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Remothered: Tormented Fathers.  After that, see how many trick or treaters I get in my new area.  Apparently this one gets a lot of them and the one I lived in before only got like 2 or 3 every year at most.

I'll ask to work that morning, and after that, I'll most likely take my younger sister out to trick-or-treat. I'll be dressing as a vampire hunter (I did that last year, too, and I thought it was the best costume I've ever worn), and she'll be dressing as Chucky. As much as I prefer Rugrats Chucky, she's going as the scary one, and I have no say in the matter.

I'm hoping that she'll trick-or-treat for as long as possible, that way we can stockpile enough candy to last until Christmas.

28 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

First thing I do when I get off work is get a copy of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Remothered: Tormented Fathers.  After that, see how many trick or treaters I get in my new area.  Apparently this one gets a lot of them and the one I lived in before only got like 2 or 3 every year at most.

Oh yeah, I'm totally getting Luigi's Mansion 3 and will play it some before candy time too! Can't believe I forgot to mention this. lol

It's the first time in three years I'll be able to pass out candy.  The past two Halloweens, I was unfortunately busy during trick or treating time.  It actually made a neighbor really upset, she called us Halloween poopers...

Not a Halloween pooper this year though!  I still have the costume I asked my grandma to make for the year before last that I never had the opportunity to wear back then.  It's of Milly, from Dragon Quest VI.

...I doubt any of the children who come to my door will recognize it though.  If any do, I'll be pretty pleasantly surprised.

I plan on dressing as Martin Luther King jr.

But in order to avoid blackface, I’m dressing as the German guy who causes the Protestant reformation and putting a crown on my head and a shirt that says “I have a dream... that people will not be judged by the color of their costume but by the awesomeness of its design.”

I drank 3 shots of Bicardi 151 and threw up last night. I had to throw up later again when all I had was just a few bottles of beer. That shit really fucks you up and tastes pretty nasty too. Each shot of Bicardi is like the equivalent of two shots of regular liquor.

For Halloween, I will be... studying for my exam the next day.

If I get bored, I'll probably go shout at the kids running around making too much noise outside , just to unwind a bit.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, Anacybele said:

I'm all ready! 😄 Weather here sucks though. -_-

Nice costume. At least you guys get snow for Christmas, although most people from the East Coast I know hate the snow, so I guess it is a matter of perspective. One man's bad weather is another man's good weather I guess.

16 hours ago, BEST TRYNDAMERE PLAYER said:

I was out until 3am. Working the next day was a fucking nightmare on 3 hours of sleep

I would just call in sick or something, although dealing with sick days and vacations are a pain in the ass depending on the employer.

Just now, XRay said:

Nice costume. At least you guys get snow for Christmas, although most people from the East Coast I know hate the snow, so I guess it is a matter of perspective. One man's bad weather is another man's good weather I guess.

Thanks! But it wasn't snow we had on Halloween, it was rain and insane wind on top of some cold temps. And sometimes it doesn't snow on Christmas here either. lol Some of the time it will, of course.

I hate cold, personally. Spring and summer are my thing.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

At least you guys get snow for Christmas, although most people from the East Coast I know hate the snow, so I guess it is a matter of perspective. One man's bad weather is another man's good weather I guess.

As someone who lives in Michigan I’ll say it’s a bit of mixed bag. Having to drive through and shovel it is a gigantic pain in the ass but it’s fun to play around in. It also has a certain beauty to it if you ignore the ugly slush ridden streets. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks! But it wasn't snow we had on Halloween, it was rain and insane wind on top of some cold temps. And sometimes it doesn't snow on Christmas here either. lol Some of the time it will, of course.

I hate cold, personally. Spring and summer are my thing.

I see. I do not like the rain either, but I do like the snow. I am not a huge fan of getting wet and the rain can sometimes make humidity unbearable. Seeing snow falling in New York for the first time felt magical.

Just now, Ottservia said:

As someone who lives in Michigan I’ll say it’s a bit of mixed bag. Having to drive through and shovel it is a gigantic pain in the ass but it’s fun to play around in. It also has a certain beauty to it if you ignore the ugly slush ridden streets. 

I did not have to deal with the downsides of snow very much, so snow still feels romantic to me. As a rental tenant Brooklynite, my landlord shoveled all the snow and since I am in the city, I can get to anywhere with the subway system without dealing with the traffic.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I see. I do not like the rain either, but I do like the snow. I am not a huge fan of getting wet and the rain can sometimes make humidity unbearable. Seeing snow falling in New York for the first time felt magical.

Oh, snow can be very pretty. I just kinda love it and hate it because of the cold. xP