Grand Hero Battle: Conrad

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

A nuke and three refreshers doesn't work here. The map is too restrictive and Conrad can easily reach your units and kill them in one hit with his automatic Glacies. I'm not sure what works here at all and am still confused at why others found this so easy.

As long as you kill the red archer and have everyone be Repositioned out on the first turn, the map pretty much solves itself afterwards.

For the second turn, the trick is to choose which enemy you want to leave alive since that enemy will be the one who will attack your Dancer/Singer. You do not have enough space to Reposition everyone out, so you will have to leave a Dancer/Singer behind. For me, I left VS!Azura behind to tank the Firesweep flier.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, XRay said:

As long as you kill the red archer and have everyone be Repositioned out on the first turn, the map pretty much solves itself afterwards.

For the second turn, the trick is to choose which enemy you want to leave alive since that enemy will be the one who will attack your Dancer/Singer. You do not have enough space to Reposition everyone out, so you will have to leave a Dancer/Singer behind. For me, I left VS!Azura behind to tank the Firesweep flier.

Except there's no way I can kill the archer or anyone on the first turn without going into their range and tanking them first. They don't move unless you go into their range. If I refresh my nuke unit and then attack, I'm putting said unit into a bunch of other enemy ranges and my other refreshers will be too far away to do anything.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except there's no way I can kill the archer or anyone on the first turn without going into their range and tanking them first. They don't move unless you go into their range. If I refresh my nuke unit and then attack, I'm putting said unit into a bunch of other enemy ranges and my other refreshers will be too far away to do anything.

Before the battle starts, put the nuke on the bridge, and make sure a flying Dancer/Singer is positioned north-west of the nuke.

Start the battle and move the nuke one space south. Have a Dancer/Singer to the north or north-east of the nuke to move to the bridge and Dance/Sing the nuke so the nuke can kill the archer. Use the flying Dancer/Singer that was north-west of the nuke to extract the nuke out. When done correctly, nobody should be in enemy range on the first turn.

It might be easier if you use a cavalry nuke, so you can just nuke the archer immediately without needing to move a flier or infantry nuke one space south first.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Before the battle starts, put the nuke on the bridge, and make sure a flying Dancer/Singer is positioned north-west of the nuke.

Start the battle and move the nuke one space south. Have a Dancer/Singer to the north or north-east of the nuke to move to the bridge and Dance/Sing the nuke so the nuke can kill the archer. Use the flying Dancer/Singer that was north-west of the nuke to extract the nuke out. When done correctly, nobody should be in enemy range on the first turn.

It might be easier if you use a cavalry nuke, so you can just nuke the archer immediately without needing to move a flier or infantry nuke one space south first.

Actually, I finally figured something out with Brave Ike, Fjorm, legendary Azura, and flying Olivia. Fjorm tanked the left side, Ike took the right. Though I had to beef his defenses up a bit, he got beat the first time I tried using him. Threw Atk/Res Bond seal so he could take less damage from the green mage while that extra Atk helps him regardless, and I was going to end up having a unit next to him at that time to trigger the seal.

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@NSSKG151 - *Eying that Delthea for not being +10.* Get that final merge on! She is such a beast, nuking those Greens just as easily as the rest~

Heh, I will...in December when her GHB returns.

Also, nice Infernal clear with Elise by the way. I thought it was funny seeing HS!Elise lobbing a carrot at her enemies.

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Kagero went on a rampage there, now didn’t she~ And Shiro barely broke a sweat cleaning up those last two Red enemies~ Did you pick up any merges for Kagero on the rerun?

Should I stop using Kagero? I mean sometimes I feel bad to use her one round everything easy life.

I'm low on orb so I didn't try to give her more merge. +1 and +10 difference is just only 4 ATK while the rest of her stat is nothing because she always die in single round from red anyways with her abysmal SPD.

The Cinnamon rolls taking hits from disadvantage colors give me a heart attack but they survive. It would more entertaining if you take that Nowi out and bring in Festival Xander and dance!!

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Finally making our debut on the forum, Elise Emblem! 

I didn’t expect Conrad to go down so easily to Laev~ WILDT

YEESSS PANIC SMOKE SAIZO THE 5TH! He is way too unfair with that LOL.

Sorry to say this to you, but I believe there is a intruder in your Elise Emblem Team. She is small and blond, just like Elise... but she is not Elise.

Jokes aside, you could use OG Camilla as a 4th unit until we get a 4th Elise. Camilla has her refinment that grants Atk and Spd to cavalry allies within 2 spaces, and since 2 of the 3 Elises are cavalry, it may help. And Camilla is easier to move out of combat, since she is a flier.

It was kinda tricky to make Laevatein kill Conrad. Both Glimmer and Luna didn't work, and she needed Threaten Def and Spur Atk to get the right amount of power to defeat the masked boy.

And yes, Panic Smoke Saizo the 5th is awesome!

1 hour ago, Super Endriu said:

They should add abyssal maps. The battles are getting way too easy.

Right?! At least to the 2nd GHB rotation, since we only have Abyssal in the first one.

There are a lot of accessories, so would be a problem to make more golden ones. If not, give us feathers as reward.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

They should add abyssal maps. The battles are getting way too easy.

hmmm

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Right?! At least to the 2nd GHB rotation, since we only have Abyssal in the first one.

There are a lot of accessories, so would be a problem to make more golden ones. If not, give us feathers as reward.

yesish-noish

i mean for me there is still a nice bit of a learning curve so it takes me a tiny bit to figure out skills/team/what i want to do. i get wanting the difficulty and i wouldn't be all "come on abyssals but i don't know if for all they are too easy not everyone can be super duper smart ! 😉 

@Landmaster First Conrad steals Berkut's lance, then he steals his music lol

Congrats on pulling OG Elise!  I can see you've really gone all out with her skill-wise.  She's been really helpful for me even at +0, so I know she'll be a big contributor for you as well. =) 

Edited by DLNarshen

This is to show anyone that if you try hard, you can beat this map without problems. Complaining about the difficulty will not grant you a win. F2P units with some skill inheritance.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

58 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This is to show anyone that if you try hard, you can beat this map without problems. Complaining about the difficulty will not grant you a win. F2P units with some skill inheritance.

I actually already cleared it with another team, as I said above, but this is a good video for those who do still need help.

Complaining doesn't get you a win, you're right, but I will always feel I should speak up if I have issues with something.

Edited by Anacybele

21 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Heh, I will...in December when her GHB returns.

Also, nice Infernal clear with Elise by the way. I thought it was funny seeing HS!Elise lobbing a carrot at her enemies.

I was too impatient to wait, haha~ Can't wait to see when she's done~

Thanks, haha, the Carrot is my favorite Dagger~

18 hours ago, Ginko said:

Should I stop using Kagero? I mean sometimes I feel bad to use her one round everything easy life.

I'm low on orb so I didn't try to give her more merge. +1 and +10 difference is just only 4 ATK while the rest of her stat is nothing because she always die in single round from red anyways with her abysmal SPD.

The Cinnamon rolls taking hits from disadvantage colors give me a heart attack but they survive. It would more entertaining if you take that Nowi out and bring in Festival Xander and dance!!

Nah it's cool watching her just blow up the map LOL~ Shiro usually gets the attention so she can shine for a bit

If only I had another one but this HS!Elise devoured my only copy, haha!

15 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sorry to say this to you, but I believe there is a intruder in your Elise Emblem Team. She is small and blond, just like Elise... but she is not Elise.

Jokes aside, you could use OG Camilla as a 4th unit until we get a 4th Elise. Camilla has her refinment that grants Atk and Spd to cavalry allies within 2 spaces, and since 2 of the 3 Elises are cavalry, it may help. And Camilla is easier to move out of combat, since she is a flier.

It was kinda tricky to make Laevatein kill Conrad. Both Glimmer and Luna didn't work, and she needed Threaten Def and Spur Atk to get the right amount of power to defeat the masked boy.

And yes, Panic Smoke Saizo the 5th is awesome!

That's clearly Elise's Dragon alt :LokiMhmm:

This is true but then I'd have to promote a Camilla to 5 Star and spend Dew on her 559906284359385089.png?v=1

10 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

First Conrad steals Berkut's lance, then he steals his music lol

Congrats on pulling OG Elise!  I can see you've really gone all out with her skill-wise.  She's been really helpful for me even at +0, so I know she'll be a big contributor for you as well. 😃

Berkut's music is too cool not to use, kek~

Thanks! Yup, I have! I've been going back and using the Elises to beat the Daily GHB maps and they've been a success so far except for Xander, that map is atrocious. But she's fitting in just fine so far!~

@Zeo  @mampfoid @NegativeExponents-   @SatsumaFSoysoy@Alexmender

@DLNarshen Julia was brave in taking on the red archer, and wow Wolftome Julius makes a return! That's one way to deal with pre-charged specials. How much would Glacies do to him? Interesting use of Blazing Wind as a special this time.

@Landmaster You just need a blue Elise huh? The early Elises had close shaves at the start but at least normal Elise is there to control HP bars. Two ranged horsies means you cover a lot of ground well, but you still needed WoM funnily enough. Darn tight map.

@Diovani Bressan Phew, that Laevatein is a monster, especially the 99x2 prediction (but then her special surpasssed that). Saizo's Panic Smoke is a sight, it's so satisfying to see him shrug off the Raventome. Also enjoyed the F2P princesses- Y!Azura taking on Conrad sure was something. Fjorm makes a good bait unit.

@Ginko Wow, Kagero flexed her powers now that Halloween is near. She travelled so far so fast in the first clear! Don't bench Siegbert, 3 move movements can still be useful haha. But yeah hope he and Shiro get refines sometime soon. Kaze surviving the archer was a bit scary, but once activated there was no stopping your dagger assault.

@daisy jane  Wow Witchy Wand vs Pulse Smoke must have been so fun to see. Sometime I wish FEH had boss convos like regular FE games, would've been interesting to see Celica vs Conrad, even if she can't finish him off at least an interaction would've been nice heh

---

Hooray an Echoes GHB! I had a lot of ideas for these, so excuse the amount of videos but I really loved the game and its characters, and I didn't want to do multiple posts for this and tag every time. 

Firstly, a Deliverance clear featuring the new units Silque and Python

Team is +Spd/-Atk Python, +Res/-Def Silque, +Atk +1 Gray and +Spd/-Def Clair.

Music is What Lies At the End from Fire Emblem Echoes

- Who says you're doomed when you're a coloured bow? Python shows how you can use colours to your advantage by tanking Conrad's Glacies! (something Sue can't do at least) With some support from Gray's Chill Atk and Silque's Def Tactic, he could shrug off Conrad easily without his special. Python also needed Steady Blow to make up for his -Atk since he would just miss out on the flying dragon. Silque's healing was also important to keep his health alive.

- Clair needed a combination of TA1, Iote's shield and Gray's Spur Def to initiate the map and survive the mage and red bow. Hit and Run was also needed to tactically retreat from enemies to a safe spot. Her quick Glacies procs were important in deleting the red archer but it was also nice that she survives the green mage even with TA.

- Gray needed Fury to luckily survive the blue mage.

-----

Now it's time for Celica's side to meet Conrad!

Team is +Res/-Def Celica, +Res +1 Saber, +Atk/-HP Boey and +Def/-Res Genny Music is

With Mila's Divine Protection from Fire Emblem Echoes

- Saber once again proves his Aegis tanking ability with his DC refine. Boey also gets to test out his new tome, which was useful in the tight spaces (thanks Hall of Forms for letting me have a taste). He needed Lancebreaker to quickly deal with Conrad. Celica does nuke things and Genny gets a hit here and there.

----

Now back to Alm's side to where it all began, here is a Ram Villagers theme!

Team is +Spd/-Def Legendary Alm, +Atk +1 Gray, +Spd/-HP Kliff and neutral Tobin

Music is March to the Deliverance from Fire Emblem Echoes

- I wanted to celebrating getting the new Gray so he gathered the villager friends in this map. Kliff's tankiness lets him easily deal with the left side, while Alm's firepower was needed against fliers that stepped to close and to support Gray in his anti-cav duties against Conrad. He also needed a speed boost to quickly delete enemies while Tobin baited the enemy AI well.

---

Now for a Rigelian theme- with Berkuts, a Rinea and Sonia who had a Rigelian father.

Team is neutral Berkut, +Spd/-Def Fallen Berkut, neutral Rinea and +HP/-Atk Sonya

Music is Pride and Arrogance from Fire Emblem Echoes

-Time for the Berkuts to show Conrad who's has the better Res lance. Also feat. Rinea and Sonya, who is the daughter of one of Rigel's Duma priests.

-Sonya was the only one who could really deal a dent to Conrad, thanks to Flashing Blade True Damage Moonbow with dancer Rinea support. She also need G Tomebreaker to deal with the green mage directly after crushing Conrad.

-OG Berkut's Ward Cavalry was important in letting his Fallen version tank a hit from the flying dragon. He also need a Brazen Atk boost to deal a clean KO on the sword flier who dared attack Rinea.

----

Now speaking of Fallen Berkut...here's a team with mostly Fallen units, it's the return of the Echoes Witches team from Thrasir's LHB!

Team is neutral Fallen Delthea, +Atk/-Res Fallen Celica, +Spd/-Def Fallen Berkut and neutral Rinea.

Music is Praise this Despair from Fire Emblem Echoes.

- Conrad gets to see his beloved sister. Just not what he expected.

- Berkut needed Drive Atk support from Rinea to quickly delete in the left side. And sacrificing her HP for DC effect.

- Fallen Delthea sure brute forced through that restank Conrad with Drive Atk support. She can even defeat the green mage if she wanted to.

Next is a Mask Emblem theme!

Team is neutral Conrad, neutral Gerome, neutral Masked Marth +9 and neutral 4* Legion.

Music is Keeper of Lust from Persona 5

- Conrad shows off his tanking abilities in the left side. Brazen Atk/Res was important so Glacies can one shot the red archer.

- Gerome needed Fortress Def for a stronger Bonfire to defeat the green mage quickly. QR was also used to deal with enemy COnrad quickly with his Poleaxe.

- Masked Marth was important in the end to deal with the swordie that was chasing Gerome, and to delete the green dragon.

- Legion was mostly there for Atk Tactic support and to keep the blue mage busy.

@mcsilas I appreciate these Echoes clears. Python is so bulky to take on Conrad. Kliff is underwhelming as a mage but Sagitae animation is cool. Boey got a new life with his refine. That Legendary Alm is too good, Lunar Flash will pierce through any wall. I never got my hand on Sonya, her new refine is cancer as I know.

All together, I feel bad for Conrad who got beaten by everyone lol

Edited by Ginko

On 10/29/2019 at 9:45 AM, mcsilas said:

How much would Glacies do to him?

To Julius or to Conrad?  It's instant death either way. xP

I really loved the game and its characters

I can tell!  Unfortunately I don't have time to comment on each clear individually but I did watch them all.  It was the little things that made them enjoyable for me to watch - all the 1 Hp survivals and perfect kills, and whether intentional or not, F!Berkut sacrificing Rinea's Hp so he can counter in both clears he was in was a nice touch. =)

Edited by DLNarshen

On 10/29/2019 at 9:45 AM, mcsilas said:

Hooray an Echoes GHB! I had a lot of ideas for these, so excuse the amount of videos but I really loved the game and its characters, and I didn't want to do multiple posts for this and tag every time. 

Oh I would be ENTHRALLED at a Blue Elise. Bonus points if her Def stat is higher than 12.

Whew, lots of clears this time, sorry it took so long to check them all out~

Close call on Clair bear there and Gray, as well. You know, I just realized Clair and Gray both have Horseslaying weapons, truly the real OTP of SOV. I feel bad for how slapped around Python got by Conrad only to get slapped around again after he got healed. These guys didn’t give your team a break, did they?~ All the same, they powered through for the win. smart throwing that Guard effect on Conrad so he couldn’t bully Python anymore.

Saber’s conditional DC is handy as always. Also a coincidence that Boey has the conditional CC. Saber and Boey doing most of the heavy lifting felt like actual gameplay of Echoes, keke~

Tobin and Gray protecting Alm was so cute. Kliff in the corner taking on the world by himself also definitely reflects my gameplay experience. 

Double Berkuts! We’re missing a certain dancer it appears. Well Sonya works for now, especially being able to nuke Conrad. The Berkuts are pretty tanky as they hold down the fort. Those last two enemies were pretty troublesome but still get sent to the Shadow Realm by Sonya~

Always a good time for Fallen Emblem! F!Berkut kills, kills, kills a lot of units right away while Celica must watch as her poor brother has Death sentenced upon him. These guys were vicious in taking this map down.

Legion is someone I don’t see often, even though he doesn’t get his hands dirty here. Gerome is quite helpful with his Horse slaying Axe. Conrad does well tanking the left side and M!Marth deals with those pesky fliers.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:29 PM, LordFrigid said:

Joyous Lantern already, huh...you’re really serious about the mission.

Anyways, nice work on the Elise team clear! Now we just need a blue Elise to make a full set. I guess Flayn would make a half-decent substitute if she gets added first.

I've got plenty more to show off (just don't want to blow up everyone's notifs)~ For now, Joyous Lantern's her go-to for how convenient it is but we have given  a certain tasty Staff a try a try~

Wouldn't mind Flayn, she'd blend in pretty great, haha~

On 10/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, DLNarshen said:

To Julius or to Conrad? 

To Julius, I was wondering if the Glacies is overkill on Julius or if it was just by a few points. Well too late to check now thanks to my late replies heh

As for Rinea's HP sacrifice, well it was kind of intentional since she is a dancer and could afford to lose HP. Oh and bonus lore points.

@Landmaster So with Mathilda's Ridersbane it becomes at OT3? 😛 It's a good thing Python was physically bulky, he needed to stall Conrad. Technically I could also have Gray Swap so Clair can finish off Conrad, but I wanted to use Silque's staff and show the effect off haha.

@Ginko Yeah Boey's new prf is great, the Hall of Forms really sold me on its usefulness

• 5 weeks later...

@Ginko Kagero continues to do her thing. First clear is the best. had a longer comment but Serenes deleted my saved post again. -_-

@Diovani Bressan Unfortunately my comment about your clear was erased along with Ginkos. I don't even remember what I wrote at this point. But Levatein and Saizo were fantastic in your clears. Leva remains one of the more unique choices for an invested swordsman as we still only have her for physical blade weapons if I recall, if we got a Vantage seal then Special Spiral/Vantage Leva would be a pretty terrifying enemy.

@DLNarshen I blinked and it was over. Julius and Julia both had to deal with WTD in some pretty extreme cases but those may as well have been neutral matchups. It's almost comical how easy it was for two units.

@Landmaster So this was is when Elise Emblem became a thing, huh? I loved the use of WoM on dagger Elise to both attack and retreat after both other Elises survived WTD. Her damage and speed is really jarring, you never expect the numbers no matter how many times you see her stats. Here's hoping a blue Elise drops at some point to finish up your team!

@mcsilas My God you really went all out for this map huh? You've officially beaten my record. I've never done 6 clears in one post (and probably never will).

Everyone took a beating in the deliverance clear right off the bat with Clair and Gray getting shaved down to 1 HP immediately. Followed by Python and Silque taking a serious beating from Conrad. Despite that though they cut through the team and were kept healthy enough to press on with Silque's support. Poor Conrad had to be frustrated stabbing away at them over and over but never being able to kill anything. Clair was the MVP but Python gets an honorable mention for being a punching bag for 90% of the clear. He really deserved that boss kill at the end.

Celica's clear was a lot more straightforward. Saber tanked and killed with DC pretty much effortlessly. Celica nuked and chipped and Genny actually got a surprise kill (bonus points there, I have a soft spot for Genny at this point). Boey dealing with Conrad was definitely the highlight here. After getting to play around with him in Hall of Forms It was fun to see him here.

Kliff actually took more damage at the beginning than I thought he would in the ram clear. Not much else to say there. Alm and Gray blow everything up rather easily here. But at least Tobin actually got to contribute this time even if it was just meatshielding. Poor guy needs a refine more than Gray. I also like how Gray just straight up went "NOPE" to the Fafnir's Esutcheon at the end.

Berkut clear is definitely the most intricate of the bunch. Lot's of positioning and tanking with F!Berkut taking a really impressive amount of magical damage. Sonia's Wo Dao effect on her time really shines here too. Though it was pretty sad seeing her need G-Tome Breaker in order to double the mage. Looking back on it she's really not very fast at all, she couldn't even double the green manakete. I was wondering why you were using her to do 2 damage against the red flier initially, then I saw you highlight OG Berkut's Brazen ATK/DEF and went "Exact damage? yep, exact damage." which was pretty funny but whatever works. 

For the Fallen clear F!Berkut had a much stronger performance. It was clean sweep this time. It was a bit disappointing that Celica couldn't face her brother but there would have been pretty much no way for her to deal with him so it made sense. She pulled her weight all the same.

When you come to the realization that you can make a mask emblem clear with literally any team of units by equipping masks on all of them. Am I the only one that didn't +10 Masked Marth?... Anyway, Conrad really did great here. Tanking like a champ, nuking with Glacies and then continuing to tank rather brilliantly. All Legion did was take a hit but it was pretty key and Gerome actually got some really nice kills as well. Gotta give Conrad the MVP stamp here.

Whew that was a doozy, every clear was great though, hard to pick a favorite out of this one but it may the mask or fallen clear for me.

No Conrad clear for me though. Matt/Serra/Morgan (I think I'll just call them my trio) all trivialized the map with Vantage/Absorb/Pain/WoM Amelia and I couldn't be bothered to record. I considered an Echoes clear with Boey/Mae/Celica/Genny but it would have been too expensive having to build up not only both Boey and Mae but give them both Dew which I couldn't afford to do.

• 6 months later...

I really thought this would suck to use Conrad.

Turns out I got it first try, unlike the Askrtrio clear.

Askrtrio cleared with BowChrom, Conrad cleared with Olwen, NY!Laegjarn and Titantine.

Repeats! okay! so I tried a few different combinations here. 

@Some Jerk, @Landmaster, @LordFrigid and others. 🙂 more clears!! (this time, Frigid, Edelgard got to do something!)

Conrad said his lance is for his sister. His Sister was went all like. "yeah don't need your help, fam"

And Myrrh Completely solo'ed this map, so i wanted to show that off too. (her new refine is so much fun

Edited by daisy jane