Captain America: The First Avenger

Hanz

John Barrowman, the star of "Torchwood," was just asked moments ago at the San Diego Comic-Con panel if there was any possibility that he would be playing Captain America in the upcoming feature film.

He smiled and gave the stock answer that he'd love to play the character and that Captain America has always been his favorite comic book superhero. Clearly, though, the notion did not take him by surprise and he ended up admitting there had been discussions with his agents and meetings on that very issue.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47145

Not bad at all...

Joe Johnston to Direct Captain America!

Source:The Hollywood Reporter November 9, 2008

Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III, Hidalgo) has signed a deal to direct First Avenger: Captain America, Marvel Studios' take on its classic comic book character, says The Hollywood Reporter. Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing.

No writers are on board, but the studio, which is hearing pitches, expects to hire shortly.

"This is a guy who designed the vehicles for 'Star Wars,' who storyboarded the convoy action sequence for 'Raiders of the Lost Ark,' " Feige said. "From 'Rocketeer' to 'October Sky' to 'The Wolfman,' you can look at pieces of his movies and see how they lead to this one."

Created in 1941 by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon for Timely Comics, Captain America is the heroic alter ego of Steve Rogers, who is rejected by the Army for being too sickly and undergoes an experiment that takes him to the pinnacle of human form. Paired with an indestructible shield, he became a symbol of the war effort, in and out of comics.

The character disappeared in the 1950s but was revived during the early era of Marvel Comics. He was reintroduced as part of the Avengers, the absence explained by having him being in a state of suspended animation during a war mission until found by the superteam.

First Avenger: Captain America is scheduled for a release on May 6, 2011. It will be a World War II-set movie, and the character will appear in the modern day-set The Avengers.

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are in negotiations to pen Marvel Studios' "First Avenger: Captain America." The dealmaking occurs about a week after Joe Johnston boarded the project as director.

Markus and McFeely, repped by UTA, worked on "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and its sequel, "Prince Caspian." The duo also wrote HBO's "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...522d7c6ad91fa12

I am extremely excited about this one, especially with the Avengers movie on the horizon.

The writers wrote The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Considering both occur during the WWII era and are about war. . .

Yeah, they don't have shit in common.

But it's an interesting choice, like Iron Man's or the Joker's actor, so you got to take that from the ordeal.

And it can't be any worse than the writer for the. . . third X-Men prequel.

Edited by bunny

No, no, and no.

Technically, Fox Entertainment hired the writer.

Meh, is Spidey gunna be in the avengers?

Spiderman 3 was crap that's for sure.

X3 the last stand was ugh...

The first Hulk movie rigged.

Spidey 3 ahd some good fight scenes but it was way to fucking short.

X1 and 2 we're good, but that may be due to Hayter.

Yes first hulk was so depressing I wanted to kill myself.

And that's why Fox should no longer exist.

That's not the only reason <_<

Harry is my favorite Spider-Man character, but I was glad to see him die. He died in the comics (although under slightly different circumstances) and his death scene is perhaps one of my favorites of all time.

I have an intense hatred for Venom, and though he shouldn't have even been anywhere near the movie.

Harry is my favorite Spider-Man character, but I was glad to see him die. He died in the comics (although under slightly different circumstances) and his death scene is perhaps one of my favorites of all time.

I have an intense hatred for Venom, and though he shouldn't have even been anywhere near the movie.

Agreed, I would ahve prefered to just have New Goblin and Spidey.

Instead of...everyone who ever made the slightest cameo in anything spidey related.

Huh..that's odd.

Not really. He's not a real avenger, never has been, and Fox currently owns the license. Fox is abusing it, too, making 3 more movies of it. Better than the X-Men movies, though. 3 sequels>3 prequels.

Marvel knows what it's doing with it's Avengers and the rest of it's movies. They've already planned movies for the members of the Avengers that would join in a theoretical Avengers 2. That's how deep the rabbit hole goes. If one of the actors were to die, it'd be like God taking a dump on comic book movies in general, and worse than Heath Ledger's death will effect Nolan Batman 3.

Frankly, if DC wants to go anywhere with any character that isn't Batman, they'll need to move away from the WB. Beyonce will probably end up as Wonder Woman if they don't. Not that I'm against that, but I don't want to see another Catwoman movie. And where the fuck is my Green Lantern movie? They have three awesome Green Lanterns from Earth and not a single one of them haven't gotten their own anything ever outside of comics.

I do however want to see the power level of Captain America. He can take down the Hulk in the Ultimates. I wasn't too fond of that.

They have three awesome Green Lanterns from Earth and not a single one of them haven't gotten their own anything ever outside of comics.

Four: Hal, John, Guy and Kyle. Hell you could even say five if you count Alan Scott.

I do however want to see the power level of Captain America. He can take down the Hulk in the Ultimates. I wasn't too fond of that.

In the Hulk movie, they uses the Super Soldier Serum on Blonsky, essentially turning him into a second Captain America to fight the Hulk. I quite liked how they portrayed the abilities it granted in that. That entire movie was one big foreshadowing of Cap's own movie.

Edited by Hanz

In the Hulk movie, they uses the Super Soldier Serum on Blonsky, essentially turning him into a second Captain America to fight the Hulk. I quite liked how they portrayed the abilities it granted in that. That entire movie was one big foreshadowing of Cap's own movie.

Early on, yeah, but it was kind of made clear that it wasn't as powerful as the original(seeing as how it can't be duplicated). Which makes the Cap a bit scary.