First HHM clear FINALLY

blackestheart13

As title says I FINALLY did it. I came SO close to S-ranking it too >.> I wound up off by like...4 damn turns I think X.X

Anyhow It was a really fun experience. I wasn't sure if I'd make Funds tbh cause once I hit like Ch28 it dipped down to 4 stars and I only had promoted 3 or 4 units so far but it lived. 

The Pegasus sisters were downright INVALUABLE to my clear. Yes including Farina. With supports among one another and each getting a charge of Barrier they turned the opening waves of CoD into primarily a joke. Literally the only way I could've played that chapter better would've been instead of giving them a healing item or iron lance or something just load out with 5 Javelins each.

The only chapters I think I may need some tips on how to clear for my future S rank attempt are C21, C23x, C25, C27, C28x, C30 and C32 in good or faster times. For the main ones I think I got them in their required count or maybe one over in C21 cause of those damn wyverns. I'm not entirely sure what's the best way to handle 23x quickly. Obviously the Luna druids and seige tomes are terrifying for your mostly low res army, even with Barrier and only one Restore staff by this point I believe. The two sisters here proved invaluable again but I feel like I could've done it better somehow but not sure what I could do. 25 I tried to train up Barte and Dorcas cause I WANTED Jerme's PFoD but they just kept blocking Lances with their faces so I turned it into Geitz solo BUT I was still unable to clear it in under like 8 turns cause the wall of cavaliers kept popping up even after I killed Pascal and seized the other two forts. My only thoughts to make it easier in the future is use Heath to help there instead of Oswin but I guess that was my fault cause I fielded him to help ease the pressure on the Fighters.

27 I hated Kenneth's map because it's either try and tank purge for 5 turns or have a General harass you from the back for 11. Hopefully next PT I can get to Jerme's map cause I much prefer it. The longer turn pool there plus more enemies would be better and probably have mad my BBD even easier cause I would've likely had all 3 sisters as Falcoknights by then. I'm pretty sure it also offers better stuff and more loot in general.

How fast do most people clear 28x in HHM? I did it under 28. I think like 22 or 24. I wanted to sponge some EXP and get at least the Wings and Fenrir along with the steals. Is it mostly just a drag Hector over the water? Or do people actually play it out pretty long?

Last two I know another 0 requirement chapter. Berserker is just annoying. I had Pent (20 mag woohoo) and Hector. I just really don't know how much better I could've played this and still hit a 9 turn -_- the first like 3 turns are clearing out the bottom chest area before Pent warps Hector into the "throne column" and he chews his way to the boss while Pent offers Physic support. Only thing I can think to do is just hard RN abuse so Hector can double the boss or quad him with the Brave Axe (which requires I think max speed Hector or close before Promotion). and 32 those damn Shaman spawns are stupid. I kept literally getting body blocked from the throne or from even being able to engage the damn boss. Aside from the nuisance aspect the chapter went well. It was pretty similar to CoD where winged terror cleared a huge section of the map. Actually moving from the middle to suppressing the entire North half of the map cleaning out all the other Falcoknights, the siege tomes and some ballista. The South was primarily Harken emblem with some backup if needed from Jaffar and Hawkeye and Serra. Everyone else took the middle.

Light army consisted of the chosen 5, triangle attack shenanigans, the lovers 2, and staff bots. So any tips for those mention chapters would be great so I can cut their turn count down lower and actually S rank (and maybe hit up 32x too for stupid EXP gain) my next run. Also RIP to my 20/10 13 Mag Prissy and my 20/10 14 Mag Serra. I'm sure that definitely hurt some parts of the run where I could've used them to actually KILL stuff or extend Warp/Rescue range etc.

The best way to clear Genesis quickly is to skip it. 🙂 Otherwise, you're going to need a lot of pure water and high res units. It might be unwise to some, but I like to give Isadora the body ring so she can one-round promoted magic users with her silver sword consistently. Brave Axe Hawkeye also works but his accuracy is worse.

Yeah, Crazed Beast is best cleared by fliers. Still 8 turns isn't that bad.

Pale Flower of Darkness is another map where barrier and pure water are your friends. Purge is trivial if you have enough units with a buff (even a +4 depending on the unit).

I'd have to clear the current file I'm doing in Night of Farewells to confirm, but I'm pretty sure I remember getting it under 20. I use all the fliers, though (except Florina because I skipped Lyn mode). However, I didn't get all the chests; if I had it would have taken another 3-4 turns. I was just fed up with the map at that point.

I don't have much to say about Berserker. I think promoted Heath can carry Hector, so in theory if he's fast enough to double the armors while rescuing you can get there in much less time, drop Hector off, then send Heath back for some of the treasure.

The only chapters I think I may need some tips on how to clear for my future S rank attempt are C21, C23x, C25, C27, C28x, C30 and C32 in good or faster times

Crazed Beast is not a chapter you want to clear that quickly because it's such a great boon to the exp rank. Otherwise an LTC playthrough might give you some ideas to handle maps quickly. I personally had 30 turns of leeway going into chapter 24 (I also finished 19xx which takes some time to set up), so maybe that can give you some sort of benchmark.

27 I hated Kenneth's map because it's either try and tank purge for 5 turns

I would suggest Kenneth's map just because it's less annoying. If I remember correctly it's possible to lure the purge bishop and use a longbow to kill it on turn two. I don't remember exactly though.

Edited by samthedigital