Elise is a nuanced character

Dr. C

For all the terrible writing in Fates, I gotta give due credit where birthright Chapter 13 is concerned.

At the end. When Xander confronts you on the bridge, Rlise stands in his way and says something to the effect of... “You’ll have to fight me first before you ever harm Corrin!”

Considering what happens later, Inaplost she’s s year at how poignant this foreshadowing was and made me think about the way in which Rlise is truly a mature adult: Integrity.

While the other royals secretly defy Sharon, Elise is brazen about it not caring if Sharon gets mad. She says what she means and in her tragic case, demonstrates in action.

People criticize Elise as too infantilized but there is nothing infant or childish about staying true to your beliefs no matter what,. Even Sakura (I mean to be fair, Garon fucked Corrin over by hoshido soldier in former of her and traumatizing he.)l comes tondoubt Corrin But Elise never waivers. 

“I want to grow stronger Sinai can protect the peooleI love... Like you!”

Beneath the childlike nature  moral compass which I think is very mature and adult. In a brilliantly subversive way, Elise demonstrates a greater maturity than her siblings . It is rather counterintuitive to think Xander immature (Camilla and also... have their own quirks) but in this way, he is very much the infant relative to his sister. If he had followed his heart instead of helix duty then he and Elise would still be... Oh wait never mind I bough Conquest.  as my cartridge! Phew!

Alternate timeline rules folks, nvm!

I can't stop laughing at the idea of changing Garon's name to Sharon.

Also, I disagree with the idea that sticking to your beliefs no matter what is a sign of maturity. You can argue that it's admirable, but I think willingness to compromise is far more mature behavior.

Edited by De Geso

Agreed I like Elise as a character. She’s basically supposed to convey the idea of child-like innocence being able to see through adult like cynicism. She’s the only one of the Nohr siblings to not think the worst of Corrin for choosing to side with Hoshido and she’s the only one to detest violence of any kind really. It’s that innocence that allows her to see past all the needless bloodshed and war and begin to ask questions in regards to if this is really the only way and sort of try and rub away the deception in which this war is built. Sometimes you need that child-like innocence to really clear your head and look at things objectively and that’s what Elise is supposed to represent and I like thar.

2 hours ago, De Geso said:

I can't stop laughing at the idea of changing Garon's name to Sharon.

Also, I disagree with the idea that sticking to your beliefs no matter what is a sign of maturity. You can argue that it's admirable, but I think willingness to compromise is far more mature behavior.

Right but when your compromising is murdering innocent people, the adult thing is saying no.

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

From my run in Conquest, all I remember about her is that she finds it super amusing that her sister really loves butchering people.

Remember that time Elise killed Iago just to watch him die?

Good times.

I think the reason Elise doesn’t outright despise Corrin is explained with her support with Leo; in it, she learns that Garson was a very doting father, and based on her reaction, it’s shows that this evil Garon is the only one Elise knows, hence why she empathizes with Corrin more.

20 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I think the reason Elise doesn’t outright despise Corrin is explained with her support with Leo; in it, she learns that Garson was a very doting father, and based on her reaction, it’s shows that this evil Garon is the only one Elise knows, hence why she empathizes with Corrin more.

Leo Nd Elise support reading has been on my to do list for the longest time... should look into that.