On two confirmed DLC characters and their Strengths and Weaknesses (Spoilers)

Corrobin

Disregarding the 4 original characters who we know nothing about, we know that Anna and Jeritza are going to be made playable. What do you think their growths and weapon Strengths will be?

Anna will probably follow in the Awakening and Fates versions of herself by focusing on Bows. I could see her being good with Swords and Lances, too.

Jeritza feels confused to me. On one hand, he's mentioned as a sword instructor, so he could try a Swordmaster focus. On the other hand, we know he's the Death Knight, so Lances and Riding would make sense.

Jeritza is probably Sword/Lance/Reason/Riding (don't forget the Death Knight is effectively a customized Dark Knight). His weaknesses are likely Faith/Authority (all anti-church people are weak in Faith, and we've seen how he hates taking orders from anyone besides the Flame Emperor).

Anna could be just about anything. Her strengths are different in every playable appearance. I want her to be a Brawler just for laughs, but she'd need a custom class to do so.

Like you said, since he's a Sword Instructor, Jeritza would have a strength on Swords/Lances/Riding and..maybe axes? I can see him having a strength for Reason, but as a budding talent. His weakness would be for Faith and, like Sid Starkiller mentioned, Authority. Maybe for Flying too, but we don't know him that well.  Death Knight already has some growth rates from what I'm aware, but he should end up with a Low Spd and Lck, Good Atk and Mid-Elsewhere type of growth. (My personal opinion on personal growths would be something like 55/60/35/45/35/45/30/15) (*HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/DEF/RES/LCK*)

Anna..should be pretty similar to other appearances? Swords and Bow should be easy options for Strengths, but the others are pretty much a mystery. My bet is a strength in Flying and a budding talent in Lances or Hvy Armor (a reference to the Merchant class) (*A strength for the 'Hvy Armor Group Activity' would also work). I can see Axe (since she's always in trouble with Brigands) and Brawling (since fists alone can't cut prices)  as her weaknesses. 

4 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Anna will probably follow in the Awakening and Fates versions of herself by focusing on Bows

Awakening Anna focused on swords and staff though. Not bows. I think she'll have a strength in Swords, Faith, Bows, and Axe to reference Awakening, Fates, and Heroes Anna. She might have a flying strength too since iirc she is portrayed as one in PoR. Weakness I'm unsure about. I'm guessing horse, brawling, authority, and reason weakness.

I expect Sword/Lance/horse/reason/authority strength for Jeritza. Weakness maybe flying/faith/bows.

For Jertiza I'm guessing swords, lances and riding will be his proficiencies and faith, authority and something random like axes, bows or flying will be his weaknesses.

Anna is trickier to guess since they could make her proficiencies and weaknesses anything but considering every game besides Warriors gave her a different weapon type to use (Swords in Awakening, Bows in Fates, Axes in Heroes) I could see them making her good in lances or reason since Anna only used lances as an NPC and we haven't had an Anna who starts in a magical class yet despite having good magic growths in the 3DS games. Don't know about weaknesses but who knows maybe she will be like Byleth and have no weaknesses. Personally I would like her to be good in any of lances, bows, reason, riding and flying so it would be easier to put her in the more powerful classes.

For Anna, I can easily imagine her focusing on bow + gauntlet just because those have currently the least amount of relics. And I'm expecting her to have the Ernest crest.

As for Jeritza, I believe he will actually have a weakness in all weapons and strength or hidden talent in faith. Why?

Spoiler

Based on Mercedes ' paralogue, I have a theory that Emile was just as kind as Mercedes and disliked killing, since he also have a crest of Lamine (possibly major). Peoples sharing the same crest tend to share similar affinity, though it's never confirmed whether it's coincidental or not.

However, the house Bartel's machination to create the strongest being slowly corrupted him, until he finally snapped soon after Mercedes got kicked out. The rest is history.

Following on that, it's possible he was chosen as the heir specifically because of his compatibility with the Rafail Gem : remember how the forums theorized that maddening DK would have the relic equipped, making him unstoppable? That's exactly what the house Bartel wanted!

Assuming he will only be available in CF's post-timeskip, I expect he will follow the Gotoh archetype : high base stats, and the same skills ranks he have as an enemy Death Knight, but abysmal growth (except in magic and resistance, for the sake of irony).

Edited by Modirufa6317

Spoiler

I agree with Jeritza having strengths in Lance and Riding, and a weakness in Faith, but I'm not sure with everything else. He'd need a strength in at least one other weapon type, which could be swords, axes and/or brawling since those are his next highest stats, and complete him as a weapon master. I'd take axes out and give him bows to use the Tathlum Bow, with a Budding Talent in it like Mercedes if he joins early enough to develop and take advantage of it. A reason talent would also be fitting since the DK class will have skill bonuses on it, but he doesn't seem particularly interested in it. It'd also be a good candidate for a budding talent if he had bows as a strength and many instruct sessions left.

Authority as a weakness is likely to give him another weakness to balance many (probably 5) strengths. His Charm is terrible and he's mostly been battalion-less, but there's an argument for Neutral since he's an imposing figure with C Authority and has led small groups of people before.

Here's DK's HM stats from LoneRecon400's BL stat gallery.

8yj102U.jpg

5B0WExj.jpg

To sum up my ideas: Strengths in Swords, Lances, Gauntlets & Riding; Weaknesses in Faith & Authority; Budding Talent in Bows (if recruited around chapter 12); and Initial Goals of Swords & Lances. 

For Anna, she'll probably have the Crest of Ernest (occasionally stops enemy counterattacks when using a weapon) if her clothes are any indication. I don't think this will be the gauntlet Anna (although that'd be great, specially if she brings a new class, but those seem set for next year), and we've had Sword, Bow and Axe playable Annas, so maybe this one is a playable Lance Anna to make use of the crest, with strengths in Reason/Faith too. She'd be geared towards becoming a Dark/Holy Knight. If she had to have a weakness, I'd throw Heavy Armor. 

Edited by Silent Mercenary

One thing we can compare is that people with similar Crests often have similar Strengths.

Ferdinand and Seteth both have Cichol Crests, and they both have strengths in the primary close-range physical weapons.

Linhardt and Flayn have the Cethleann Crest, and they both have Reason and Faith strengths.

Bernadetta and Hanneman both have Indech Crests, and they both have Riding and Bows as strengths.

Given the Death Knight/Jeritza apparently shares a Lamine Crest with Mercedes, we can assume he might have Bow, Reason or Faith as strengths (even if it's just Hidden Talents).

Usually the pattern I see is this:

• Usually 2-4 strengths (with few exceptions)
  • Usually 1-3 weaknesses (with few exceptions)
  • Strengths - Weaknesses are usually between -2 and 4

My Guess will be:

• Anna: Strengths - Sword, Bow, Faith; Weaknesses - Hvy Armor, Flying; Budding Talent - Axe
  • Jeritza: Strength - Sword, Lance, Riding; Weakness - Hvy Armor; Budding Talent - Bow

Covering the above. Death knight is shown as having Lysitheas mastermind skill. Since he can't have that it's likely he'll follow Ferdinand as a near perfect proficiency unit.

Since he's effectively a customized dark knight, his strengths will follow sword lance reason and riding.

Due to the crest of Lamine he will have a hidden talent in bows. 

He will likely have a weakness in faith like all flame emperor army characters if he has a weakness.

Following the dark knight argument he'll be a hybrid fighter, favoring strength. As a mage he'll be more to line dark mage since you get dark seals from him. Thus we can probably expect bad charm and luck. He will have low Dex high strength and average to low-average magic. We can expect his res and def growth to be very even following the enemy dark mage/balanced cavalier growths. Speed growth should follow magic. Since these basically follow his enemy stats I'm pretty confident.

if he is recruited as Jeritza specifically and doesn't come in death knight form I could see a few of his canon classes either being the assassin line since his jeritza form evokes named imperial assassin designs. He could also simply be a cavalier. They may specifically code jeritza to use his death knight design when classed as a dark knight.

as mentioned previously he evokes a dark mage archetype in stats and has mastery skills of dark mages such as poison strike. His reason spells likely will be dark magic in part or full. Probably lacking in faith spells but could be something for his lamine crest.

might be a major lamine crest user, so we're probably never gonna see Mercedes use her relic ever again if they're on the same team, assuming the relic is possible to acquire with them on the same team.

despite all said, if crimson flower exclusive, may be made purposefully overpowered to account for lost units and opportunity cost. That and hers dlc and I've never seen IS try to balance their dlc at all.

Anna will probably have a focus in Bows, Swords, Faith, and maybe Authority. One of the classes that were datamined were adventurer, which is pretty much her class. Hell, I wouldnt be shocked if it actually came with her isntead, but the typical set up for that class in the past was Bow and Staff. I could easily see them sneaking in sword use too.

Jeritza is relatively easy to decide. Lance and Sword, they could also just go all out and make him a master of all 3 main melee weapons and give him Axe too. Reason is a potential option, he is a Dark Knight class wise, though we never see him use magic. A weakness to Authority also makes sense, as others have said.

Spell list I have no idea what they could come with.

9 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Anna will probably have a focus in Bows, Swords, Faith, and maybe Authority. One of the classes that were datamined were adventurer, which is pretty much her class. Hell, I wouldnt be shocked if it actually came with her isntead, but the typical set up for that class in the past was Bow and Staff. I could easily see them sneaking in sword use too.

Jeritza is relatively easy to decide. Lance and Sword, they could also just go all out and make him a master of all 3 main melee weapons and give him Axe too. Reason is a potential option, he is a Dark Knight class wise, though we never see him use magic. A weakness to Authority also makes sense, as others have said.

Spell list I have no idea what they could come with.

For spell list I can see something akin to Edelgard's spells: Fire on D, Bolganone on C, Dark Spike on B, Banshee on A.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:24 PM, Tolvir said:

One of the classes that were datamined were adventurer,

Was this Class datamined as part of a set of three? If so, ithat datamine was fake; the dataminer who sourced the stuff on SF's wiki debunked it.

Jeritza
Strong in Sword, Lance, Brawling and Riding
Weak in Faith and Authority
Budding Talent in Flying

Anna
Strong in Sword, Axe, Bow and Faith
Weak in Reason and Authority
Budding Talent in Riding

I was right about Jeritza except for the budding talent which is randomly flying and not bows for using his sacred weapon. He has a Minor Crest of Lamine.

Anna, on the other hand, has strengths based on her past playable appearances with nothing new. Her personal skill is just Luck+5, she has a Major Crest of Ernest, and she seems pretty good in Speed and overall Assassin-like although her Luck seems lower than expected. Like Ignatz, her initial goals are Sword and Bow, so if you want to wait until chapter 11 to recruit her, she can be an instant Assassin like him. You can faculty train with Anna for her strengths and she can give part 1 seminars in Swords/Bows.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

On 10/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

Awakening Anna focused on swords and staff though. Not bows. I think she'll have a strength in Swords, Faith, Bows, and Axe to reference Awakening, Fates, and Heroes Anna. She might have a flying strength too since iirc she is portrayed as one in PoR. Weakness I'm unsure about. I'm guessing horse, brawling, authority, and reason weakness.

...Goddamn. You wouldn't have an uncle who works for Nintendo, by any chance, would you?