Overrated Characters?

Mukmuk

On 11/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Dr. C said:

I’m going to have to say Mia.

Never understood why she’s such a favorite in Path of Radiance. Exceedingly difficult to train and frustrating to use.

From a character standpoint, she doesn’t have a lot going on.

I can only conclude she’s popular because pretty and even then, come on! Even in her own title there are girls way cuter than her! (Points at Nephenee, Elincia, and Calill)

Why does my mind picture Gatrie saying that when I read it?

For me personally, the order would probably have to be Elincia > Nephenee > Mia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calill

Anyway, I agree about Mia as a unit. I'm not a fan of Mia in Path of Radiance. I just wish she had a higher strength growth; she can never seem to KO anything in the late game. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Why does my mind picture Gatrie saying that when I read it?

For me personally, the order would probably have to be Elincia > Nephenee > Mia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calill

Anyway, I agree about Mia as a unit. I'm not a fan of Mia in Path of Radiance. I just wish she had a higher strength growth; she can never seem to KO anything in the late game. 

Mia has the most horrendous strength cap I’ve ever seen on 22... when you think about the sheer number of bulky Laguz units at the end of the game that that won’t ORKO it is painful. 

I’m also prone to disliking Mia to spite my psycho ex girlfriend but that’s tangential to this thread lol.

As for the looks category, I think it might be a matter of outfits versus faces. Calill’s outfit is IMO fantastic but Mia has the prettier face but is dressed rather plainly.

For what it's worth in regards to Mia, as far as her performance as a unit is concerned, her Radiant Dawn version tends to be preferred. There's been an upswing in opinions of her PoR version as a unit, but that's mostly because there was a time where she was treated as downright awful, which is overly harsh. As for appearance and personality, different strokes for different folks.