October's Legendary Hero Approaches! Leif: Unifier of Thracia (October 29~)

Coolmanio

Holy wow, I'm missing all of colorless, and two each of red and green. Picking up Alm or Leif would be huge for my allegiance battle runs, as I have two of legendary roy putting in work already. This is probably the first legendary banner I'll spend orbs on in half a year.

Also lol at the Drink skill making its return.

Edited by Glennstavos

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leif is...interesting. His bow takes away spd. (Also, why bow?)

Anyway, pulling until I get Valentine's Ike and then leaving this banner alone. I hope he comes to my barracks quickly...

Oh wow! He looks so good! I love his VA, too! Man... I want to dive into colorless pretty badily... but it feels so soon lol. I have every unit aside from Spring Marisa, Legendary Alm, Fallen Tiki and, of course, Legendary Leif. All signs say I should invent in colorless for a bit... but... ahh...! We’ll see!

One baffling thing is that now of the five pair-up heroes, two are swords and two are grey bows. At least they're different move types I guess, and it'd be churlish for me to complain about additions to an underrepresented unit type.

And in typing that, I only just remembered that Julia is a pair-up legendary and I've never given mine a partner. Whoops.

Oh this banner has godly colorless choices and green has 2 favorites. I'd also like to get a GD Ike merge but the rest of red looks bad (why is Ryoma always there when I want to pull red?)

I'm probably gonna skip tho. Summoning with my meager stash will just end up badly and still trying to save up for farfetched heroes.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just realized. Doesn't this mean Tellius is now the only continent that doesn't have more than one legendary? Ike is the first non-OC legendary too, so it's been forever. Elincia (or Micaiah) ought to be next in December then! Though given that she isn't popular while Micaiah is, I'm prepared to be disappointed and see Micaiah instead... Even if I do think her chances are lowered after her most fitting legendary look has already been used as her Brave look. Oh well, any Tellius representation is better than none either way.

Valentia only has one legendary. Thanks for giving Micaiah credit instead of saying she doesn't deserve. I'm expecting legendary Celica before getting Micaiah. 

Master Knight Leif, what a wonderful surprise!  The art is also excellent and galeforce every turn should be pretty fun.  No Tibarn yet, I guess red is too packed that we're never getting regular heroes only legendary/mythic and seasonals in that color.  Red is otherwise pretty good.  Blue is ruined by Marisa, Green is alright.  Colorless is definitely my first choice, another Alm can't hurt and I don't have Tiki or Leif and want them both a lot.

Thankfully the Legendary is no one I care about though I suppose Jugdral have something to be happy about. I'm happy I can ignore the banner since while colorless would be the color I would focus on I already have a +10 FH!Tiki and the rest of the colors have units I don't really want or need. Now I can continue to save orbs for Farfetched Heroes.

32 minutes ago, Jave said:

As much as I'd love Legendary Micaiah, I'm fully expecting the next Legendary to be Three Houses. Timing feels right.

Oh yeah, that could happen too. In that case, my fingers are crossed for Claude. Red bow wyvern plz IS!

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Anacybele don't worry, Ana. Legendary Micaiah is coming. I Hope you like her.

Dude, really? It's rude to troll like that. Plenty here know I'm a Micaiah hater.

27 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Oooh yeah! Legendary Micaiah would really be the only choice eh? Id pull for her 🙂

Why do people keep ignoring/forgetting Elincia? Sorry, but this just bugs me... People can't say she's not a candidate when we got legendary Ryoma, Azura, Tiki, and Julia. Micaiah's not the only choice left for a Tellius legendary.

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Valentia only has one legendary.

Yes, I realized that and edited one of my posts.

Edited by Anacybele

Nice to see Leif get his Master Knight form in. Him using a Bow with it is a little unusual, but he could use next to anything. And, it gives someone the Thracian Meisterbogan, which otherwise would be hard-pressed to find a user. It's arguably better than giving him the Bragi Sword for another Sword Cavalry, but yeah, Bow Cav of certain colors is getting real popular nowadays.

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Anacybele don't worry, Ana. Legendary Micaiah is coming. I Hope you like her.

Hey, mind if I screenshot this post in the off-chance you're wrong and that there ends up being no actual Legendary Micaiah because Brave Micaiah is also Legendary Micaiah?

Though really, Brave Micaiah may as well also be Legendary Micaiah.

As for the actual banner here, I still don't have legendary Alm or Norne so colorless is looking pretty enticing here which means I'll just get two or three evil bab Tikis instead and no Leif or Alm. I'd certainly like more copies of Lucina and/or Azura as well (plus my Marisa has a bad boon/bane combo and I haven't gotten Valbar either).

Shit I need Leif so badly. Not even because he's basically THE BEST UNIT, just because he looks so freaking cool. Gimme -Atk, I can take it.

Colorless is a good summoning. Legendary Alm is still one of the best bows (now he shares this title with Leif), and Fallen Tiki remains a force to be reckoned with.
Green is alright. Nothing particularly interesting to me.
Blue is okay... but I don't wanna pull Blue cause I know I'll then just wanna try to +10 LegAzura (she's +9). I guess I can make Blue my secondary summoning choice...
Red is... eh, but it's not the bored kind of "eh", it's the pained "eh". Valentine Ike is good, LegRyoma is scary with the right skillset, but seeing Palla brings back bitter memories of +10ing her and not getting one +Atk asset...

As for Leif's stats... yeah he looks eerily like what Reinhardt strives to be, and it's scary to see that we now have a Prf ranged Brave Weapon with Dual Phase Brave effect and also a Follow-up nullifying effect... because Dire Thunder is still just a Player Phase Brave weapon.
How many bets that his base Atk is 8?

Colorless is ridiculously stacked. Blue's pretty good for one-offs. Green and red feel a little weak.

Colorless: Leif seems like a fun unit to use and IS seems to have at least attempted to make him appear balanced, likely to avoid creating a nightmare cavalry version of Legend Alm (ie. penalty from Galeforce effect and player-control-only effect). Legend Alm is there. Fallen Tiki is the worst pull but hey, Special Fighter.

Blue: Spring Marisa is the worst pull. Azura and Lucina are great, either as one-offs or as merge projects.

Green: Hector's a common merge project or DC fodder. Felicia may seem neat but her mobility is awful (meaning she can't reliably engage on most beast units) and requires having her work with another armor. She does have Special Fighter but may as well go colorless for more value for your orbs. Ranulf is meh unless you really want a 400-SP assist.

Red: Spring Palla is a one-off at best since her dagger's full value is only realized by a colored dagger (so mostly seasonal dagger units); the vast majority of dagger units (especially accessible ones) are colorless. Valentines Ike stands out as an armored fodder value pack by having both Special Fighter and DC. Ryoma offers nothing as fodder and really wants his kit replaced.

Huh, I did not expect Leif this month. I think it's really cool he's getting a Legendary variant, and one that doesn't look bad! His weapon and his Special both look good, just gotta give him new A and B skills. He wouldn't replace my Brave Lyn, but he'd be a good backup, and useful for anything Water-season related.

Colorless is definitely the best choice here. Between Leif, Alm, and Tiki, it's pretty stacked. Blue looks good with Azura and Lucina, and Marisa is whatever. Hector is always a handy summon for green whether it be for merging or for fodder, and the other two are...fine. Red is the weakest link, I think.

Colorless is easily the most valuable here. Leif is a powerhouse (though not a necessity), Alm is still the best inf archer and F!Tiki speaks for herself.

Blue is strong depending on if you have the units. If so it's a hard pass. Marisa is the stinker here as well. 

Green likely isn't interesting to most but the fodder is always good. DC and VF is great. Special Fighter fodder is something I've never had. Ranulf is technically the stinker but I rather like him and would like one.

Red is easily the weakest here. V!Ike is a fantastic unit but he's mixed in with Ryoma and Palla, units that either need a lot of work to optimize or simply aren't all that desirable.

I'd like to fix the -ATK bane on my L!Azura, L!Lucina and L!Ryoma but it's mostly unecessary. Colorless is what I'd go for if I were pulling here. However, Lyn popping up next month just pretty much sealed any chance of me pulling on this banner so I'll be doing one circle (unless it's say, 4-5 blues) and I'm out.

Bunny Palla is totally useful, what are you people talking about? She's super helpful in AR because she disables traps and her dagger is armor-effective so she can take out annoying Surtrs and Dumas and stuff. I always do best in AR when I can use her.

Edited by Anacybele