Anyone else still watch cartoons as an adult? Which ones do you or did you like?

Anacybele

On 11/3/2019 at 9:36 AM, Benice said:

I have reached new lows; last time I was sick, I watched sonic boom and Pac-man for three hours. There was nothing else on, okay?!?

I think most local PBS stations also got PBS Kids as one of their sister channels, so I think there is always cartoon options on. In my area, we got Ion Television and that channel has Qubo as a sister channel shows children content all day and night.

A few people have already mentioned it but I actually watched through Teen Titans as a binge watch about a year ago and I think it still holds up as a solid TV show for just sitting back and enjoying something, even if it is a kids show. Otherwise, all my animated viewing is anime and the only ones I'd really say are kids shows are Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, which hold up less well to an adult audience. Though I have been tempted to go back and give Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy and that Batman cartoon from the 2000s another look mostly out of nostalgia.

Unless it's the ones I grew up watching such as Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League and others from the 90s and 2000s, I don't watch cartoons anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

While video games an Youtube are the majority of my entertainment nowadays, I would be lying if I said I am not interested in watching some cartoons, especially after Disney+ dropped. Here are some shows I would love to watch when I have the time:

-Gargoyles

-Batman: The Animated series (and all of its sequels)

-The Batman (the one from the 2000s where the villains had more different designs than their usual portrayals)

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars (and the pilot movie)

-Avatar: The Last Airbender. Maybe Korra.

-Teen Titans

There is also Star Wars: Clone Wars. The one from before Revenge of the South released by the same guy that made Samurai Jack. I actually had both DVDs containing the full series from back when Blockbuster still existed, and loved watching them. Been a while, so I am thinking about watching it after I return home from my first semester in college.

On the topic of anime, the “to-watch” list just keeps growing. When I finish both FMA series, I need to compile a lot to watch other than just MHA and JoJo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...