Voting Gauntlet: Haunted Heroes! (October 31st)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Haunted Heroes!  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• L' Arachel: Harvest Princess
    • Dozla: Harvest Attendant
    • Mia: Moonlit Witch
    • Hector & Lilina: Dressed-Up Duo
    • Ilyana: Treat Harvester
    • Henry: Happy Vampire
    • Kagero: Beverage Ninja
    • Jakob: Devoted Monster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2019 at 01:59 AM

50 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

...Better just let these two tweets do the talking.  Curse the fact that Heroes has a majority female fanbase, and I'm a male having to contend with them...

yeah Heroes has a female fanbase thats the majority, thats why they release so many waifus... makes totally sense...

Maybe Hector just isnt that popular as you thought. Besides this mode is only a Feather and Sacred Coin reward station for me. I stoped picking my favourite character in this mode a looooong time ago and just pick who i think would give me the most amount of feathers. Period. I am sure thats also the case for alot of other players.

Look I would also totally like to see more shirtless Bruno guys, but it aint happening.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Oh my, Mia probably won't have too many multipliers this round.

Lol. The difference is so extreme that the predictor is predicting ZERO multipliers for Mia. Of course at this point the predictor won't be anywhere near accurate, but still funny. It also seems to be predicting the finals being Jakob vs Mia. I wonder if that would be even more lopsided then Mia vs Dolza. If this goes on hopefully Team Mia enjoyed their mutlipliers in Round 1, because they may not see another. Can we pull off 0 multipliers 2 rounds in a row?!

Well, Team Mia's got an 8:1 first-hour score difference against Team Dozla.

If that ratio remains the same for the rest of the round (it certainly won't because feather mercenaries and revenge are a thing), then Team Dozla will lose even if they have a multiplier in every hour because the effective multiplier goes from 3.0× in the second hour to 3.7× in the last hour, which is nowhere near enough to make up for an 8× difference in team size.

So right now it's a battle of the undead (Vampires vs Zombies) or station (Vampires are regal upper-class, generally, especially since they usually wind up fortifying themselves and keeping people around to feed on. Not to mention subjugation tends to be a tactic of theirs.) (Vampire (aristocratic by nature) vs servant (Butler, in this case)) and Science vs Magic. ...And magic is winning. Ok sure. I wonder if the zombie butler will manage to overthrow his always-famished overlord. And, well, it looks like Mia's just magic-ing the science out of the scifi creature...

26 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

And, well, it looks like Mia's just magic-ing the science out of the scifi creature...

To be completely fair, sci-fi is just a hard magic system with rules more closely inspired by real life.

Didn't expect Mia to win. Then I guess I ended up going against one of the Sacred Stones characters after all, but it's fine since I'll be happy with either outcome of this round (Dozla seems like he'll have a hard time winning though). Good job to Mia for defeating Hector though! Even if it was just luck.

@daisy jane I got your Est a few times last round, she was a great help!

Just now, BoaFerox said:

Didn't expect Mia to win. Then I guess I ended up going against one of the Sacred Stones characters after all, but it's fine since I'll be happy with either outcome of this round (Dozla seems like he'll have a hard time winning though). Good job to Mia for defeating Hector though! Even if it was just luck.

@daisy jane I got your Est a few times last round, she was a great help!

am glad!
I've put up Caeda- she's got DC/Distant Def so she'll be able to bait out dolzas etc. I know @LordFrigid has his myrrh up so i didn't want to have a redundancy for folks.

7 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

...Better just let these two tweets do the talking.  Curse the fact that Heroes has a majority female fanbase, and I'm a male having to contend with them...

...I imagine plenty of women supported Hector. And it's extremely likely that the FEH fanbase is mostly male, otherwise what is with the high amount of fanservicey women? So I'm pretty sure it's male-majority, not male-minority... In fact, I think much of the Serenes FEH board is male, not female. At least, that's my very un-scientific impression.

I'm girl who supported Mia... My sister is a girl who supported Mia... and we both did it because of Tellius bias. We supported Ike repeatedly against women. It's a little annoying to be accused of only supporting Mia because we're women and she's a woman. She's from Tellius, and has a fun character. I will almost always support Tellius over anyone else, regardless of gender.

I like Hector. I'm just never going to pick him over a Tellian. Not because he's a man. I'm capable of picking a character for more than rallying against someone else's fan base.

If you're joking, great! I apologize for misreading you.

Edited by Venmi

8 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

I am assuming you are trolling, because I am sorry but this the exact opposite of how Heroes base is.  The majority of Heroes player base is straight male, because most girls don't like over the top fan service girl characters.  If this game was trying to market to woman there would be a lot more guys added to the game then there have been and the seasonal banners would be all male.  VGs are just a feather mode and judging how much the player base like a character by it is not wise because of the multipliers which have made it so that the most popular/biggest team loses most of the time.  In VG I go with the smallest team that is a unit I have, even if my favorite unit is in the VG.  Feather merc for life!

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

am glad!
I've put up Caeda- she's got DC/Distant Def so she'll be able to bait out dolzas etc. I know @LordFrigid has his myrrh up so i didn't want to have a redundancy for folks.

Strangely enough, I picked Myrrh so Tana wouldn’t overlap with your Est (set her last night).

I doubt it matters much, tbh. I don’t think I have more than a handful of SF people on my list, but it couldn’t hurt to be cautious. And this way people will be getting a Caeda.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Strangely enough, I picked Myrrh so Tana wouldn’t overlap with your Est (set her last night).

I doubt it matters much, tbh. I don’t think I have more than a handful of SF people on my list, but it couldn’t hurt to be cautious. And this way people will be getting a Caeda.

Everyone needs a Caeda. (nods). 
i forgot to change her last night. I really need a Blue unit with DC. (still trying to decide who is best, Clair, Shanna or Florina...)

13 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am assuming you are trolling, because I am sorry but this the exact opposite of how Heroes base is.  The majority of Heroes player base is straight male, because most girls don't like over the top fan service girl characters.  If this game was trying to market to woman there would be a lot more guys added to the game then there have been and the seasonal banners would be all male.  VGs are just a feather mode and judging how much the player base like a character by it is not wise because of the multipliers which have made it so that the most popular/biggest team loses most of the time.  In VG I go with the smallest team that is a unit I have, even if my favorite unit is in the VG.  Feather merc for life!

I can assure you that I am not trolling.  For starters, I always aim to contribute constructively, it would go against my very nature to even attempt trolling.

Anyway, the majority of the overall Heroes fanbase without factoring gender are serious game players, and are not in it primarily for the fanservice.  Problem is, those who are primarily in it for the fanservice (i.e. those who treat Heroes as something along the lines of Dead or Alive Xtreme as opposed to along the lines of Dead or Alive Dimensions)--which would primarily consist of a small portion of the male fanbase--are quite vocal, and are trying to misrepresent themselves as the majority.  They're the ones who are insisting that the sizable number of new-unit female-majority banners, seasonal or otherwise, are attempting to cater primarily to fanservice and not to the serious players.  On the contrary, the majority of the overall fanbase, the serious players who are in it for the gameplay (as in, trying to seriously build their teams as opposed to simply looking at "racks" and "packages" first and foremost), are apt to typically identify with their own genders, and tend to prefer neutral-count banners so as to not ruin it for the other serious players.

Now, let's analyze the first round of a past Voting Gauntlet that doesn't involve seasonals; we'll go with Headband Brawl, since that one's got an even balance of males and females and divided the genders before the final.  Since the serious-player majority is catered to in this gauntlet, we will assume that most of the fanbase selected someone they tend to identify with, which will usually entail their own gender--males gravitating toward males, females gravitating toward females.  Now, if the majority of the serious players were indeed male, the larger numbers in the first round would be for male characters, and if the gender split was more even, there'd be at least one standout between both males and females--but that's not the case, the matchups involving female characters got the larger numbers, and in fact the lowest number on a female (Sue in the 13B range) is higher than the highest number on a male (Barst in the 9B range).  This implies that the gender split of the Heroes base skews largely female, contrary to what the "in for the fanservice" people would have you believe.  Now, we're only going to stick with the first round numbers for this demonstration, since the later rounds are skewed by the revenge factor--those whose horses lost in the previous round not taking the side of the one who beat their horse (i.e. a Tibarn supporter is not likely to jump into Barst's camp, a Sue supporter is not likely to jump into Mia's camp), and thus those jumping between west and east between rounds would skew the numbers; although Mia showed a 12B victory against Jeorge in the final, one has to assume Jeorge's camp in the final included disgruntled Olivia supporters, and likewise Mia's own camp included disgruntled Barst supporters, due to the revenge factor...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

1 hour ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

I can assure you that I am not trolling.  For starters, I always aim to contribute constructively, it would go against my very nature to even attempt trolling.

Anyway, the majority of the overall Heroes fanbase without factoring gender are serious game players, and are not in it primarily for the fanservice.  Problem is, those who are primarily in it for the fanservice (i.e. those who treat Heroes as something along the lines of Dead or Alive Xtreme as opposed to along the lines of Dead or Alive Dimensions)--which would primarily consist of a small portion of the male fanbase--are quite vocal, and are trying to misrepresent themselves as the majority.  They're the ones who are insisting that the sizable number of new-unit female-majority banners, seasonal or otherwise, are attempting to cater primarily to fanservice and not to the serious players.  On the contrary, the majority of the overall fanbase, the serious players who are in it for the gameplay (as in, trying to seriously build their teams as opposed to simply looking at "racks" and "packages" first and foremost), are apt to typically identify with their own genders, and tend to prefer neutral-count banners so as to not ruin it for the other serious players.

Now, let's analyze the first round of a past Voting Gauntlet that doesn't involve seasonals; we'll go with Headband Brawl, since that one's got an even balance of males and females and divided the genders before the final.  Since the serious-player majority is catered to in this gauntlet, we will assume that most of the fanbase selected someone they tend to identify with, which will usually entail their own gender--males gravitating toward males, females gravitating toward females.  Now, if the majority of the serious players were indeed male, the larger numbers in the first round would be for male characters, and if the gender split was more even, there'd be at least one standout between both males and females--but that's not the case, the matchups involving female characters got the larger numbers, and in fact the lowest number on a female (Sue in the 13B range) is higher than the highest number on a male (Barst in the 9B range).  This implies that the gender split of the Heroes base skews largely female, contrary to what the "in for the fanservice" people would have you believe.  Now, we're only going to stick with the first round numbers for this demonstration, since the later rounds are skewed by the revenge factor--those whose horses lost in the previous round not taking the side of the one who beat their horse (i.e. a Tibarn supporter is not likely to jump into Barst's camp, a Sue supporter is not likely to jump into Mia's camp), and thus those jumping between west and east between rounds would skew the numbers; although Mia showed a 12B victory against Jeorge in the final, one has to assume Jeorge's camp in the final included disgruntled Olivia supporters, and likewise Mia's own camp included disgruntled Barst supporters, due to the revenge factor...

Honestly,  I doubt even serious players take the voting gauntlet seriously. Worst event mode imo. In the end its just a couple of feathers that don't make or break the game.

I didn't expect Mia to win but it was never impossible. Hector got lots of multipliers along the way. It was just a matter of who got the last ones. If the gauntlet had laster one more hour the result would have been different.

Voting Gauntlet isn't a fanservice mode? Bitch, Voting Gauntlet is THE fanservice mode. The whole point is to make your favourite character win, and the gameplay section is absolutely trivial. I won't go into it in this topic, but the vast majority of the Heroes fanbase is in it for the fanservice.

There's a serious misunderstanding of how the scoring in VG works, and what it means for popularity. The final score is influenced by multipliers and their frequency/potency; the first-hour results have no multipliers and so are a more accurate representation of how many players are supporting a character. I'll use the data from the Headband Brawl here.

Round 1

Score      % Score
Jeorge  2,361,687   3.2	
Gray    3,212,132   4.4
Barst   1,084,908   1.5
Tibarn 17,782,030  24.1
Sue     5,349,108   7.2
Mia    16,767,544  22.7
Sanaki  8,145,429  11.0
Olivia 19,081,506  25.9

The most important thing to note is that Tibarn got more support than not only Sue, but Sanaki and Mia as well. But because Barst had so little support, it took so much longer for him to catch up to Tibarn that Tibarn only had the multiplier once (compared to Mia, who got it six times vs. Sue). The rubberband mechanic of VG means the more popular characters drives the score up.

Now, Tibarn lost, and had more support than the other three losers combined, so the first-hour results of the second round will be indicative. If Tibarn supporters gravitate towards male units, and would hold a grudge against Barst for beating their favourite, the other male winner (Jeorge) should gain a significant percentage of the vote.

Round 2

Score        % Score (Round 1)
Jeorge  10,103,947    7.9     3.2  
Barst   5,952,205     4.7     1.5
Mia     56,042,828   43.9    22.7
Olivia  55,456,940   43.5    25.9

The majority went to the two girls, instead. And just to prove it wasn't a fluke, Mia got the majority of the Olivia support in the final round (80% of the score in the first hour). The Voting Gauntlet is simply a popularity contest that sometimes produces upsets due to the quirks of the multiplier system. Upsets do not change the opinions of the fanbase: Takumi is still more popular than Shanna.

Edited by Baldrick

Has Mia even had a multiplier thus far? And is she predicted to get one?

Also, how big are the teams in this round? Looking at the scores it seems Jakob and Ilyana have bigger scores than Mia and Dozla, but I'm guessing that is because they are giving eachother multipliers.

Edited by BoaFerox
Meant to write Mia

12 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Anyway, the majority of the overall Heroes fanbase without factoring gender are serious game players, and are not in it primarily for the fanservice.

I play Heroes both because it is Fire Emblem and it has boobies. Serious gamers and fanservice gamers are not mutually exclusive. While I do spend more on game play, I do spend on waifus too, just not very often. Without the waifus, I am not sure I would still be around for over two and a half years.

12 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Problem is, those who are primarily in it for the fanservice (i.e. those who treat Heroes as something along the lines of Dead or Alive Xtreme as opposed to along the lines of Dead or Alive Dimensions)--which would primarily consist of a small portion of the male fanbase--are quite vocal, and are trying to misrepresent themselves as the majority.  They're the ones who are insisting that the sizable number of new-unit female-majority banners, seasonal or otherwise, are attempting to cater primarily to fanservice and not to the serious players.

If you look at Twitter and Reddit, and even here on Serenes Forest, anti-fanservice is far, far, far more vocal than pro-fanservice.

While I cannot say for certain why they are offering to sell more bikinis than dong armor, I think bikinis generally generate far more revenue than dong armor does.

13 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Since the serious-player majority is catered to in this gauntlet

I think all Voting Gauntlets are about fanservice. It is all about supporting your favorites.

13 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

we will assume that most of the fanbase selected someone they tend to identify with, which will usually entail their own gender--males gravitating toward males, females gravitating toward females.

While that applies for avatars, I am not sure the same is true for favorite characters. My favorite husbando is Reinhardt, and he ranks below all my waifus.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Oh hey, Ilyana won. Ilyana vs Mia finals or did Dozla dark horse you guys?

Team Dozla stood no chance of recovering after the Team Mia multiplier, which earned the same number of points in 1 hour as the previous 15 hours combined for Team Dozla.