Legendary Hero Battle ~ Go! Go! Leif!

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have much time yesterday because of too much work, and at night I was tired, so I watched some of the clears today while having breakfast.

@Jave Great clear! Micaiah and Lewyn showing their full potential! Azura with Fuego Bailarín (aka Blaze Dance) is something that I don't see that often (to be fair, I don't remember to see it before), since Braze and Gale Dance grant +4, while Earth and Torrent Dance grant +5.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I am glad that you liked Yune's work. I really like her, probably my favorite Mythic Hero because she is so fun to use. Too bad she is not a Light/Astra Hero, because she is way better in player's control than AI's control. And I loved your Celica and Kagero destroying her foes! Celica is very deadly, and Kagero's Dart is a great weapon.

@Ginko Wow! That was really fun to watch! Daggers for life!

@Landmaster Yay! The Elises and their pet did an amazing job!  I would love if Bath Elise's special quote was "Eat your vegetables!".

@LordFrigid Thanks! I did a lot of investment on Marth and Nowi. Marth was my Summoner Support unit, but then I changed to Nowi when I was doing my climb to AR Tier 21. If you check Marth's skill list (he is my leading unit) you will see that he learned a lot! Nowi also has a extensive skill list. Celica's and Thrasir's clears were so fun to watch! Two very powerful mages! Too bad my Celica is -Atk... I would also say too bad about Thrasir, but I don't regreat foddering her so Saizo was able to get Panic Ploy.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Wow! That was really fun to watch! Daggers for life!

Glad you like it. At first, I didn't believe myself that they would clear this map abyssal. But seeing people saying this map is easy made me want to give it a try and it worked!! Just changing Iceberg to Glacies is enough to beat it. (If you watch both infernal and abyssal, you'll notice)

@Landmaster Cinnamon rolls and the doggo destroy this map like a champ. The Carrot on her hand really make the difference. Watching green fridge disappear in one round. The doggo risk his life for the master by taking hit but bite everything back to death! 

Edited by Ginko

@Landmaster: Your summer Elise seems to be pretty unaffected by the weapon triangle. Just blasting apart reds as hard as she blasts away everything else. This was also a good map for the carrots with all those armours running around.

OG Elise was a big bully to that Blue tome cav, ruining his day like that.

@Flying Shogi : Oof thats a though Celica.

Gordin and Siegbert are no strangers to my Abyssal runs by now, but this time they got a bit of help from two newbies. Deirdre was there to pick apart all the blue mages and Hubert was there to ruin the day of all the armours. One rounding the axe ones and giving Gordin a good damage boost.

Well, Leif certainly can go. Not to the top of hardest fights though.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Canas, Kliff, Linus and Kronya and Infernal cleared with BowLeif, B!Lyn, Brunonica and SummeLinde.

That Troubadour was very brain damaged.

Didn't feel like tryharding this one, so out came L!Eliwood with F!Grima's Bonus Doubler drugs. I had predicted earlier that Leif's self-inflicted Gravity would be removable by a Restore healer, and lo and behold, a Troubadour with Restore+ spawns right beside Leif on this map. Fortunately F!Grima had her trusty Atk Smoke hit the rear Axe Knight, so the Troubadour stupidly cleansed that instead and left Leif with only one target despite his extra turn - and since that target was F!Grima, he promptly exploded. My only real problems were the two Infantry that spawned in the South, particularly the Sword Infantry that B!Ninian couldn't one shot (by one HP), but giving L!Eliwood the Drive Atk seal fixed that.

@Landmaster Looks like the Elise squad are well equipped for even the Abyssal maps!  The swimsuit and hot springs variants are always more powerful than I expect.  Good work trapping that poor blue mage knight. x)

I hemmed and hawed a bit over whether I would even record/post a clear for this one, but we don't often get Jugdral battles like this, and what better battle way to begin Nanna's +10 career than against legendary Leif?  She didn't get to do as much as I would have hoped, but...we went through the effort, might as well post.  I will say that I have greatly overlooked the potential for AOE specials for PvE content like this.  So much time spent planning around a big special proc against a certain enemy, when I could have just tried them instead.

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

@Flying Shogi : Oof thats a though Celica.

And she's only neutral. Just wait until I pull a +Atk version. 

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

Gordin and Siegbert are no strangers to my Abyssal runs by now, but this time they got a bit of help from two newbies. Deirdre was there to pick apart all the blue mages and Hubert was there to ruin the day of all the armours. One rounding the axe ones and giving Gordin a good damage boost.

Hubert handled the map quite well. Infantry Hexblade is interesting. Not enough for me to pull for a copy but it looks fun to play around with.

@Ginko - Oho! The Daggers take on Abyssal! Of course they always had it in them to do it! Kaze and Kagero are some serious nukes with those Glacies. Brazen Sothe is a powerhouse, too! Congrats!

@LordFrigid - Haha, we don’t leave home without Keaton. And yep, the in-built Null Follow-Up in Pegasus Carrot makes those Green Fridges free food. It’s basically her default weapon at this point~

And I do plan on trying to +10 OG!Elise! Hopefully March treats me well~

You’re enjoying that Thrasir. That Panic Smoke makes her job a bit easier. With Flashing Blade 4 it’s like she has Special Spiral. Nice! Celica also manages to trap that Blue Pony, sweet!

@Sasori- Haha, I really didn’t notice that was a wall behind the Cav. He didn’t move and I was like, OMG HUGE BRAIN PLAYS.

Ooh Hubert is crazy powerful and helps make the others into more powerful nukes themselves. Your team took like no damage here, for most of the map. Pretty wild.

@Some Jerk - Grima was the MVP choke-pointing all of those enemies at the end. She is pretty powerful with those Bonus Doubler buffs.

@DLNarshen - OG!Elise being able to buff from across the map helps, especially powering up that Bladetome~ Haha, I really didn’t realize he was backed into a wall until he didn’t move, but it worked out XD

*Sweats* That’s a hefty amount of Orbs. Er-hem, anyway. Julius taking 0 damage from Blue Mages even on Abyssal is insane. I need to stop doubting that Res stat of his. Tanking Leif is pretty impressive, too. You’re right, AOEs are really nice in Abyssal maps like this since they basically nuke the weapon triangle.

@Nowi's Husband - Pretty easy for the Nowis here, I was surprised by how easily Leif went down.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:40 PM, Ice Dragon said:

You Get to Burning is literally the only thing I remember about Nadisico.

Damn it. In Prince of Darkness,

Spoiler

Akito and Yurika both got kidnapped on the way to their honeymoon, and became experiment subjects who were tortured day and night. Akito escaped but the experiments have caused his skin to become abnormal and he lost his sense of taste, while Yurika was merged with a machine. So the show goes from comedy and romance to edgy Akito in a black mech trying to free Yurika.

@LordFrigid Well I definitely missed that one. Why are you hiding Elincia?

It was Veronica in the Thrasir clear. I kinda like picking out different units from my barracks here and there, so I may or may not stick with this squad, even if it does end up really beating everything.

@Ginko I'd say NFU is definitely worth it. She's pretty scary with it.

@Landmaster Elise protecting Elise, huh? Keaton missed boss kill this time, finally.

@DLNarshen Nanna's not happy about the fake Nanna spawning next to Leif?

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nanna's not happy about the fake Nanna spawning next to Leif?

Hah, I didn't even make the connection until folks here and elsewhere started pointing it out. x)  Should have had Nanna getting the finishing blow instead.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:39 AM, Flying Shogi said:

And she's only neutral. Just wait until I pull a +Atk version. 

Hubert handled the map quite well. Infantry Hexblade is interesting. Not enough for me to pull for a copy but it looks fun to play around with.

I was lucky enough to get a free Hubert because otherwise i'd probably have skipped it too. I'd like to see if as a tt or ghb skill one day since its pretty interesting, but not amazing enough to spend all your orbs on.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:16 AM, Landmaster said:

@Sasori- Haha, I really didn’t notice that was a wall behind the Cav. He didn’t move and I was like, OMG HUGE BRAIN PLAYS.

Ooh Hubert is crazy powerful and helps make the others into more powerful nukes themselves. Your team took like no damage here, for most of the map. Pretty wild.

Now that you mention it, yeah. Only Siegbert got a real beating with the rest safely attacking from range or being shielded by Triangle adept.

Late comments time!

@Ginko Poor Leif, being doubled by an enemy-phase unit like Shiro. Also wow, Kaze's Def Ploy really worked well, I was scared when he was in range of the swordie in the right but he did enough damage. Abyssal clear though was really amazing! It felt tense, as the enemies came down to your team, but I was so happy your Kaze defeated Leif in one go! 1 HP Kaze is a hero.

@Diovani Bressan Phew, Yune and Nowi sure created some havoc! Yune in particularly had so many wins!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I love how Ethlyn is there! Celica + Kagero continue to be such a powerful force and you didn't let yourself be boxed in too much, using the space really well. Now I want a Brave Celica!

@Landmaster Oh wow Elise Emblem sure was an amazing clear! Keaton of course provides some added power. So nice to see your favourites pull through, horse Elises's mobility really helped in this one!  Did you do Keaton x Elise support in Fates?

@DLNarshen Huh...Julius teaming with...Reinhardt...and using thunder magic that Reinhardt is known for? Haha. But yeah I forget AoE specials exist, too (love how Julius goes vertically while Julia is horizontal). Good on Julius for surviving one round against L!Leif though! Love that you posted this, same game team clears are always fun to see, and it's nice to see your Nanna in action, healing is a big part of her job after all! 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Alexmender @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane

Now for my late clear, my original clear was having the brave Thracia users (All Reinhardts + S!Ishtar) since that was my original clear but I don't know if offensive powerhouses with flying dancers would be that entertaining. I really wanted to do a more interesting theme clear and I only managed to work it out on the night before, that I didn't even have time to do the Reinhardt Emblem recording but that's okay since I loved this idea more.

Introducing, L!Leif versus his parents/relatives.

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, neutral Ethlyn and +Res/-Spd Quan

Music is Disturbance in Augustria from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War

-Leif gets a visit from his proud parents and Uncle Sigurd/Aunt Deirdre. So yeah FE 4/5 maps are pretty rare and I really wanted to use this track somehow.

-Mommy Ethlyn was an important cornerstone of the team. She needed Wrathful Pain+ and Savage Blow to deal as much damage as she can to the Wary Fighter armour/speedy mage group early on. The chip damage allowed her to support her teammates, as the horse brothers needed to be really offensive in taking the enemies out asap so that the team wouldn't get boxed in. For the longest time I was targeting the wrong armour with Pain+ at the second turn, so once I tried attacking the other one, things finally fell into place.

Martyr was also useful, tanking hits while healing her family when needed, and Miracle proc was needed to stall the lance fighter for a bit- thank goodness for her decent Spd/Def stat.

-Daddy Quan needed Atk boosts to push through the enemies. He needed Sigurd's Hone Cav to defeat the mage early, and also took a leaf out of Eldigan's son 's book (Ares) to unleash Brazen strats. He needed Def boosts to survive specials from those speedy swordies. It was fitting for him to battle with his son but also, take revenge on a flier unit in this map. I realised Leif being a Bow cav as a Legendary Hero would mean he could protect his parents from fliers in FEH...if I had him.

-Aunt Deirdre and Uncle Sigurd had to utilise Chill Def/Atk strats to keep the healer busy, but also soften the stats of the armours. Deirdre's Res tanking kept mages busy while Sigurd's movement helped in sniping the green mage to the left quickly. And pretty much any green units that threatened Quan.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Quan with his gay-bolg is too stronk. He sure took many hits and stab them back.  Also your -Atk wonder Deirdre wall those mages and punch them back with huge Glacies. Great job!

Edited by Ginko

On 11/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Oh wow Elise Emblem sure was an amazing clear! Keaton of course provides some added power. So nice to see your favourites pull through, horse Elises's mobility really helped in this one!  Did you do Keaton x Elise support in Fates?

Now for my late clear, my original clear was having the brave Thracia users (All Reinhardts + S!Ishtar) since that was my original clear but I don't know if offensive powerhouses with flying dancers would be that entertaining. I really wanted to do a more interesting theme clear and I only managed to work it out on the night before, that I didn't even have time to do the Reinhardt Emblem recording but that's okay since I loved this idea more.

Introducing, L!Leif versus his parents/relatives.

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, neutral Ethlyn and +Res/-Spd Quan

Music is Disturbance in Augustria from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War

-Leif gets a visit from his proud parents and Uncle Sigurd/Aunt Deirdre. So yeah FE 4/5 maps are pretty rare and I really wanted to use this track somehow.

-Mommy Ethlyn was an important cornerstone of the team. She needed Wrathful Pain+ and Savage Blow to deal as much damage as she can to the Wary Fighter armour/speedy mage group early on. The chip damage allowed her to support her teammates, as the horse brothers needed to be really offensive in taking the enemies out asap so that the team wouldn't get boxed in. For the longest time I was targeting the wrong armour with Pain+ at the second turn, so once I tried attacking the other one, things finally fell into place.

Martyr was also useful, tanking hits while healing her family when needed, and Miracle proc was needed to stall the lance fighter for a bit- thank goodness for her decent Spd/Def stat.

-Daddy Quan needed Atk boosts to push through the enemies. He needed Sigurd's Hone Cav to defeat the mage early, and also took a leaf out of Eldigan's son 's book (Ares) to unleash Brazen strats. He needed Def boosts to survive specials from those speedy swordies. It was fitting for him to battle with his son but also, take revenge on a flier unit in this map. I realised Leif being a Bow cav as a Legendary Hero would mean he could protect his parents from fliers in FEH...if I had him.

-Aunt Deirdre and Uncle Sigurd had to utilise Chill Def/Atk strats to keep the healer busy, but also soften the stats of the armours. Deirdre's Res tanking kept mages busy while Sigurd's movement helped in sniping the green mage to the left quickly. And pretty much any green units that threatened Quan.

Of course not, Keaton is MY man. Haha! Elise can have the pineapple~

Bold of you to assume I wouldn’t want to watch 3 Reinhardts slap the mess out of Leif. But I won’t complain about Quan and Sigurd. Ethlyn really brings the pain here. Deidre ends up as quite the nuke, as well. While the men make sure to swiftly get those quick kills. Looked really fun having those cavs running all over the place. Quan killing Leif hurtch, but dads must do what dads must do~ Nice work!

Edited by Landmaster

@mcsilas I've found that Celica + Kagero is extremely good at establishing map control, but on maps where doing so is harder, they might not be that great for the job. You haven't pulled a Brave Celica?

Fellow Ethlyn user! She is pretty nice with Pain+. Quite impressed with that theme team, Sigurd and Quan aren't quite the most amazing units but you figured out how to make them work. Leif got delivered a spanking from dad.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Landmaster I'd feel bad for Leif with the all those spotlight-stealing Reinhardts against him, but I can try recreating it next time for you haha

@Ginko Yea I want to fix Deirdre's -Atk one day, but +Res at least makes up for it with her Glacies bombs and her refine.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Yeah never had her, red hell sure is an experience. To be fair I didn't try too hard in past banners, but now that she's the only one missing from CYL2 for me I feel the need to get her, but alas I have no orbs right now for the BHB banner haha

On 11/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, mcsilas said:

I really wanted to do a more interesting theme clear and I only managed to work it out on the night before, that I didn't even have time to do the Reinhardt Emblem recording but that's okay since I loved this idea more.

And I'm glad you did!  Definitely a lot more wholesome than mine haha.  Good music choice too - the chapter 2 theme is so good, and works well with a Leif + parents reunion.  I'm glad to see the -Atk doesn't bother Deidre too much the couple times I've seen you use her.  As a unit she has aged considerably well.    

• 6 months later...

Finally caught up with all the Abyssals!
With B!Ninian, Maria (+10), Jeorge(+10) and Michalis (+10. Pain + Savage Blow was such a lifesaver against those armours. 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Maaka @Diovani Bressan @DLNarshen @BoaFerox @Landmaster @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender

Since I finally managed to nab Legendary Leif, I could finally complete some ideas I had in the backburner.

Firstly is a wholesome family reunion.

Team is +Res/-Spd Quan, neutral Ethlyn, +Spd/-Atk Legendary Leif, and +Atk/-Res Altena

Music is Absolute Demonic Front from Fate Grand Order:Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia

- Always wanted to do this kind of clear and now that I finally got L!Leif I could reunite the family!

- Even with -Atk Leif is so much fun to use. Moving twice really helps and Def Smoke helps soften up the crowd of enemies. Seeing him quad his own self was satisfying (although he did need that Def Smoke debuff).

- Ethlyn needed to equip Martyr since Physic isn't good in crowded places, plus she can give her son Hone Cav buffs. Pain helped soften up enemies for her husband on the other side of the map.

- Quan can reach staggering Atk/Def with the double Brazen, and with the mages on the left side, he needed to one shot them ASAP to protect his daughter. Altena herself needed Pivot to be ready in time to defeat a later mage.

---

And lastly is a Thracia-specific clear.

Team is+Spd/-Atk Legendary Leif, +Atk/-HP Nanna, neutral Finn and +Atk/-HP Mareeta

Music is Leif Army - In Search of the Victory ~ Charge from Fire Emblem Thracia 776

- So L!Leif is great. Even greater with Nanna's Restore removing the Gravity effect on him after activating his special. It's like they were made to be paired together. Nanna also provides some great Pain support to help soften up those armours .

- Finn protects Leif from melee damage. Mareeta can stand on her own, she has a Solo anyway so she had no problem taking out the right side and the boss, and defeating Leif in close combat. Feels nice to have some powerhouse Thracia units after a long while.

Team is+Spd/-Atk Legendary Leif, +Atk/-HP Nanna, neutral Finn and +Atk/-HP Mareeta

- So L!Leif is great. Even greater with Nanna's Restore removing the Gravity effect on him after activating his special. Nanna also provides some great Pain support to help soften up those armours .

- Finn protects Leif from melee damage. Mareeta can stand on her own, she has a Solo anyway so she had no problem taking out the right side and the boss. Feels nice to have some powerhouse Thracia units after a long while.