What font does Serenes Forest use?

Alastor15243

I'm having a problem where, when I post text from my word processor into Serenes Forest, it's getting posted in the font I wrote the document in (and sometimes for some reason only part of it is posted in that font, for some reason), even though there's no option I can see to select a font in the actual SF text window. I figure the only way I can really fix this in the future (I can't fix it retroactively; whenever I paste from my text editor to update my playlog, I've found I'm not allowed to edit those posts) is to figure out what font this site uses and select that for the font of my word processor, so there's no disconnect. The only problem is I'm having trouble finding out what that font is. I used a website that's supposed to be able to identify fonts, but it came back with way too many possible results for me to know what specific one this website uses. Can anyone fill me in?

Edited by Alastor15243

24 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Couldn't you paste without formatting? That should give you the default font.

The issue is that that gets rid of my italics and bold, so I either have to re-apply them by hand in the editor after pasting or rely on using all-caps when I want to emphasize a word. So if I could figure out what font to set my word processor to, that would be a huge help to me.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Looks like Arial to me.  I think the default size is 14.

Definitely not size 14, at least not by my word processor's standards. I pasted the following in various sizes until I arrived at size 11:

Testing testing one two three. Testing testing one two three.

But by the looks of things, you were right on the money with the font. Thanks! As for the issues with editing my posts, is that something I should post as a bug somewhere or is that intentional? Am I triggering some kind of "we don't want you deleting evidence of posting copy-pasted spam" response by pasting my write-ups from a word document?

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Definitely not size 14, at least not by my word processor's standards. I pasted the following in various sizes until I arrived at size 11:

Testing testing one two three. Testing testing one two three.

But by the looks of things, you were right on the money with the font. Thanks! As for the issues with editing my posts, is that something I should post as a bug somewhere or is that intentional? Am I triggering some kind of "we don't want you deleting evidence of posting copy-pasted spam" response by pasting my write-ups from a word document?

What word processor are you using?  The font looks a wee bit off.

Depends on what post you're editing, and what you're trying to put in there.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What word processor are you using?  The font looks a wee bit off.

Depends on what post you're editing, and what you're trying to put in there.

Right at the top of this page. I noticed that due to a weird glitch owing to me copy-pasting some text from google into the document at some point, while the font started in times new roman and I couldn't fix that, everything after that copy-paste reverted to the site's standard font for some reason, making it look even worse. I went to try and correct it, or at least add a footnote to apologize for it, and it locked me out. I also previously noticed I was locked out of editing other times after I posted my review write-ups for my Castlevania retrospective.

As for the word processor question, I'm using OpenOffice.

Edited by Alastor15243

19 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Right at the top of this page. I noticed that due to a weird glitch owing to me copy-pasting some text from google into the document at some point, while the font started in times new roman and I couldn't fix that, everything after that copy-paste reverted to the site's standard font for some reason, making it look even worse. I went to try and correct it, or at least add a footnote to apologize for it, and it locked me out. I also previously noticed I was locked out of editing other times after I posted my review write-ups for my Castlevania retrospective.

As for the word processor question, I'm using OpenOffice.

That explains a lot.  You'll need to split that post.  Edit that post so that only the first half of the text remains, then save it.  Then, post the second half in a new post.  Link the second half in the first half.

OpenOffice has some interesting ideas as to what constitutes a font.  Strange as this will sound, can you try copy-pasting some Arial text from Wordpad?

Just now, eclipse said:

That explains a lot.  You'll need to split that post.  Edit that post so that only the first half of the text remains, then save it.  Then, post the second half in a new post.  Link the second half in the first half.

Wait, there's a post size limit, but not when posting, only when editing stuff you've already posted? If I edit it and cut out half of it, it'll let me save it?

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

OpenOffice has some interesting ideas as to what constitutes a font.  Strange as this will sound, can you try copy-pasting some Arial text from Wordpad?

Unfortunately no, unless Wordpad has a mac version.

Wait, there's a post size limit, but not when posting, only when editing stuff you've already posted? If I edit it and cut out half of it, it'll let me save it?

Theoretically, yes.  I did this to someone else's mafia post (while playing the game, no less).

Unfortunately no, unless Wordpad has a mac version.

Huh, that would complicate things.  Uh, can you try copy-pasting Arial from a Google Doc?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Huh, that would complicate things.  Uh, can you try copy-pasting Arial from a Google Doc?

What a to-do to die today at a minute or two to two

There, That's what I posted from Google Docs. It was 11 point font. And this is me typing in the SF text box like normal.

It's curious that SF doesn't enforce its size limit for actual posting.

31 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

What a to-do to die today at a minute or two to two

There, That's what I posted from Google Docs. It was 11 point font. And this is me typing in the SF text box like normal.

It's curious that SF doesn't enforce its size limit for actual posting.

The good news: Rendering is better using Google Docs, so if you don't mind a little bit of hassle, you can copy-paste things into a Doc first, then paste it here.  It's more work, though, so I'll leave that up to you.

The bad news: The font color looks awful on Night Forest.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The good news: Rendering is better using Google Docs, so if you don't mind a little bit of hassle, you can copy-paste things into a Doc first, then paste it here.  It's more work, though, so I'll leave that up to you.

The bad news: The font color looks awful on Night Forest.

Ugh. I really don't want to have to go back to only being able to emphasize things with all caps in order to post this in completely normal text. Any idea why the text box keeps your font choice despite not actually having a font control button?

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Ugh. I really don't want to have to go back to only being able to emphasize things with all caps in order to post this in completely normal text. Any idea why the text box keeps your font choice despite not actually having a font control button?

Formatting keeps everything, including font, text size, and styling.  Since you have access to a mouse, you can always do your formatting in here.  As long as you're not bolding every other letter or something.

Just now, eclipse said:

Formatting keeps everything, including font, text size, and styling.  Since you have access to a mouse, you can always do your formatting in here.  As long as you're not bolding every other letter or something.

But I mean, why do they only let you import italics and bolding if you also import the font, which the editor gives you no tools to fix?

31 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

But I mean, why do they only let you import italics and bolding if you also import the font, which the editor gives you no tools to fix?

It has to do with how your post is rendered on the back end.  It's silly, but alas, the only thing I could do is edit your posts and change the font using some weird editing tricks (alas, not available to regular users).

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It has to do with how your post is rendered on the back end.  It's silly, but alas, the only thing I could do is edit your posts and change the font using some weird editing tricks (alas, not available to regular users).

I see. Well, as infuriating as it is, I guess importing formatting is just completely out of the question for me then. I'll have to add in the italics and bold as I post it. Thanks for your help though.

Edited by Alastor15243