Emperor Hardin

If more characters got canon reclasses

Lets face it many characters in the Archanean games have redundant classes with far too many of classes like cavaliers and far too little of classes like Pirates. This was a result of the original developers of the game expecting everyone to ironman and people like Matthis and Tomas being spares if the player lost Abel and Gordin.

With this in mind, would you reclass anyone based on any thing on the character's personality and gameplay variety, or would you prefer it the same? We know Shadow Dragon reclassed a small selection of Bishops and Mercenaries into Sages and Myrmidons respectively, so this idea would basically be the same thing.

For everyone's reading pleasure, here are my reclass suggestions. Note classes like soldier and the weapon variants of cavalry/armor are included.

Spoiler
  1. Frey becomes an Axe Cavalier.
  2. Matthis the cavalier becomes a Soldier class unit as he doesn't seem like someone who'd currently be able to afford a horse
  3. Wolf the horseman becomes a bow cavalry that promotes to a lance using Horseman. As the leader of the wolfguard, he should exemplify most of all.
  4. Sedgar the Horseman becomes a bow using Armor. Sedgar seems the strongest of the Wolfguard and General Sedgar is a famous reclass for a reason.
  5. Roshea the cavalier becomes a Soldier. This is based on both his artwork and his tanking stat growths in FE3.
  6. Vyland becomes a Soldier as well. Unsure about this one.
  7. Roger the Armor Knight becomes an Axe Armor Knight.
  8. Midia becomes an Axe Paladin.
  9. Macellan the Armor Knight becomes a Sword Armor Knight.
  10. Samson the Hero becomes a speedy Warrior.
  11. Ymir the Warrior becomes a Berserker. Given Ymir is supposed to be very intimidating due to his size and his origins in Macedon's borderlands, I think Berserker makes more sense for him.
  12. Mystery of the Emblem Barst becomes a pirate to go with his Shadow Dragon ending.
  13. Yubello the mage becomes a Dark Mage to make him stand out a little more.
  14. Dice the Fighter becomes a Pirate. Maybe, I'm unsure given I've already added Barst and Ymir?
  15. Malice the Myrmidon gets restored to her original mercenary status.
  16. Leiden the cavalier becomes a Axe cavalry.
  17. Frost the Bishop becomes a Sorcerer.

And Caeda, Hardin, Camus/Sirius and Minerva might get unique variants of their classes.

What does everyone think, do you have canon reclassing ideas of your own to diverge the characters or do you like everyone in the class they start in?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Arlen should've been a Dark Mage in New Mystery of the Emblem.  It would fit his character a lot more as somebody on the verge of treading Gharnef's path and looking to redeem himself once some sense gets talked into him.

wolf and sedgar get knocked down a tier into a bow cavalier class because duh

matthias remain a cavalier but one geared towards becoming a great knight upon promotion

nyna becomes playable as a staff and magic focused princess class to help make her non narrative dead weight

minerva becomes a wyvern rider because also duh

roger remains a knight but geared towards becoming a great knight upon promotion

and really thats the only big ones i would hypothetically want.

I second Soldier Matthis, but with the reason being Michalis ordered his horse confiscated to spite him further. He and Lena are nobility, after all.

While he's technically the last Bishop in his game, Boah's weapon ranks scream Sage.

Palla and Catria promote to Dracoknight while Caeda and Est go Falcoknight. Do away with Whips or let them promote to the opposite branch.

For some of the characters that turn into soldiers, maybe a sword/axe variant? Same thing with the cavs.

I know people might disagree but I find horseman to fit Hardin better than cav/palladin. Maybe it's just his look and where he is from that makes me think that.

So I'm planning on doing reclasses for the boss characters of Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, however it'd also include equipment changes. Should I post it in this thread or make a new topic?

On 10/30/2019 at 4:11 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Arlen should've been a Dark Mage in New Mystery of the Emblem.  It would fit his character a lot more as somebody on the verge of treading Gharnef's path and looking to redeem himself once some sense gets talked into him.

Arlen has high defense(a common feature of Shamans) and a close friendship with Etzel the Sorcerer, so that would make a lot of sense. 

On 10/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, X-Naut said:

I second Soldier Matthis, but with the reason being Michalis ordered his horse confiscated to spite him further. He and Lena are nobility, after all.

While he's technically the last Bishop in his game, Boah's weapon ranks scream Sage.

Palla and Catria promote to Dracoknight while Caeda and Est go Falcoknight. Do away with Whips or let them promote to the opposite branch.

Thats exactly what I was thinking of, Matthis mentions he was sent to the front lines because Lena ran out on Michalis.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, JimmyBeans said:

I know people might disagree but I find horseman to fit Hardin better than cav/palladin. Maybe it's just his look and where he is from that makes me think that.

That makes sense given his Aurelian origin as well as a TearRing saga unit based off of him who is a horseman. I'd prefer it if Hardin got a custom class that had traits of Horseman and Cavalier though, personally. Maybe lose the use of swords, but gain the usage of bows,  the village elder would give a Lance instead of a sword for Hardin at the end of chapter 4 in that case.

15 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

That makes sense given his Aurelian origin as well as a TearRing saga unit based off of him who is a horseman. I'd prefer it if Hardin got a custom class that had traits of Horseman and Cavalier though, personally. Maybe lose the use of swords, but gain the usage of bows,  the village elder would give a Lance instead of a sword for Hardin at the end of chapter 4 in that case.

Honestly what would be really cool is if they kept Hardin as the same cav class but instead gave him unique animations to match the style of Aurelis, a unique sprite as well, and give the same treatment to his paladin promo to maybe look more like his Cipher art which is really awesome.

Spoiler

awaolp8.jpg

Hmmm... Here's what I'd do, personally:

• Nyna and Maria would both become Troubadour/Valkyrie-line classes. In Nyna's case, it's sort of to combine her final class with her original planned one (Paladin), while for Maria it's just to make her stand out more as a unit after you've already recruited three infantry staff-users.
  • Matthis would become a Wyvern Rider to create a reason to use him as a unit, and because, as a(n unwilling) member of Macedon's military, he's really the only candidate if a tier 1 Wyvern-riding character is to be included.
  • If Cavaliers are getting split up based on weapon types Jugdral/Tellius-style, then Cain becomes a Sword Knight, Abel a Lance Knight, and Frey an Axe Knight.
  • Wolf and Sedgar are demoted to Arch Knights/Nomads/Bow Knights/the tier 1 bow cavalry class in Shadow Dragon.
  • Barst would start as a Pirate in New Mystery.
  • Gonna second the idea of Arlen being a Dark Mage since that does add some additional narrative power.
  • Yuliya and Jubelo (god I still hate that the translated names broke their naming scheme) would trade base classes, with Yuliya becoming a Mage and Jubelo becoming a Curate, to better reflect their personalities.
  • Elice would either become or uniquely promote into a Priestess, as in, the Valentian promotion for female Mages, capable of using swords, tomes, and staves.