November 2019 Legendary/Mythic Hero Speculations

NSSKG151

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess all signs point to Lif after Thrasir being the last one . I certainly hope so since him being being with Sothis and Marth would be perfect with them both being units I want more copies of. (I seem to recall Sothis's rerun originally being scheduled this month alongside Ryoma... thank goodness that didn't end up happening! I never want to summon that flying lobster again!)

Could he be light/astra? I sure hope so. I am utterly sick of having to use two or three of Eir/Naga everyday.

I also hope he comes with a very useful AR related skill. The recent news says that the next update will increase the number of place-able defensive structures from 5 to 6. Five already feels like too much... Hopefully Lif can be gifted with a skill akin to Upheaval that enables him to just passively destroy defensive structures.

6 hours ago, Namero said:

I guess all signs point to Lif after Thrasir being the last one . I certainly hope so since him being being with Sothis and Marth would be perfect with them both being units I want more copies of. (I seem to recall Sothis's rerun originally being scheduled this month alongside Ryoma... thank goodness that didn't end up happening! I never want to summon that flying lobster again!)

Could he be light/astra? I sure hope so. I am utterly sick of having to use two or three of Eir/Naga everyday.

I also hope he comes with a very useful AR related skill. The recent news says that the next update will increase the number of place-able defensive structures from 5 to 6. Five already feels like too much... Hopefully Lif can be gifted with a skill akin to Upheaval that enables him to just passively destroy defensive structures.

Lif has a weapon that works like a bolt tower as after combat it deals 20 damage to closest allies within 3 spaces. That already gives him quite some utility as he can set up desperation, vantage, Brazen, bash assault, Escape Route, martyr+. And all this in a quite easy way that that just requires him to have allies nearby and go into combat, what's even better is that he is unaffected as he could be more of a tank (guaranteed follow up and +4 to all stats, it is pretty clear I think) , and also units like Aversa, Bridal fjorm and QR tanks that want high Hp won't lose it if they are near as he will give 20 damage to the closest allies and not all within some spaces. He could be better than Berkut in giving ally damage as he doesn't require the enemy phase or to have ranged allies as enemies.

I might be overestimating him but it looks like a broken ability to me with the right teams. I certainly hope it's Lif as Sothis is my top wanted unit right now and I will pull in red anyway so he will be nice to have.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:22 AM, Sentinel07 said:

Lif seems like a strong bet for this month, and I still think Hel will be on a normal banner like Surtr was.

The thing about Surtr is that he showed up at a time when they weren't sticking elements onto units who'd appeared as non-elemental enemies. That's why no Muspell units were legendaries, only Nifl ones. Now that Thrasir has broken that pattern, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't have Hel do the same.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, Othin said:

The thing about Surtr is that he showed up at a time when they weren't sticking elements onto units who'd appeared as non-elemental enemies. That's why no Muspell units were legendaries, only Nifl ones. Now that Thrasir has broken that pattern, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't have Hel do the same.

IS has allways broken patterns.
Ylgr for example is not a Legendary Nifl Sibling, even though considering the Release of Gunnthra Fjorm and Hrid you would suspect she would/should be. I think they just shift things around how its convenient for them to release a unit.

26 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ylgr for example is not a Legendary Nifl Sibling, even though considering the Release of Gunnthra Fjorm and Hrid you would suspect she would/should be. I think they just shift things around how its convenient for them to release a unit.

Nah, they probably didn't make Ylgr a legendary because even they realized how ridiculously stupid that would've been. Her other siblings at least had reasons (albeit very flimsy ones in my opinion) to somewhat justify their status. Ylgr was literally just a hostage who only got saved at the very end of the Book and had no other contributions of note.

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The point is that according to the rules they were using as the time, the Nifl siblings had the opportunity to be legendary while the Embla ones didn't. That didn't mean the Nifl ones had to be legendary - I remember a lot of people hoping for legendary Hrid but not legendary Ylgr, because Hrid made sense next to the others while Ylgr didn't.

Meanwhile, under the new rules that allow Thrasir to be legendary, it'd make absolutely no sense for Lif or Hel to be considered less mythic than her (and Eir).

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, they probably didn't make Ylgr a legendary because even they realized how ridiculously stupid that would've been. Her other siblings at least had reasons (albeit very flimsy ones in my opinion) to somewhat justify their status. Ylgr was literally just a hostage who only got saved at the very end of the Book and had no other contributions of note.

What was Hrid's flimsy reason? (or Gunnthras?) I was mystified as crap that Hrid became one. that was so dumb. 

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

What was Hrid's flimsy reason? (or Gunnthras?) I was mystified as crap that Hrid became one. that was so dumb. 

I guess it's because he becomes Nifl's ruler at the end of the Book or something. But yeah, it really was dumb that we got a glorified filler character as a legendary (and of the exact same unit type as the legendary that preceded him too no less). At least our presumed next mythic (Lif) was integral to his Book's plot unlike Chinese knock-off Ike.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I guess it's because he becomes Nifl's ruler at the end of the Book or something. But yeah, it really was dumb that we got a glorified filler character as a legendary (and of the exact same unit type as the legendary that preceded him too no less). At least our presumed next mythic (Lif) was integral to his Book's plot unlike Chinese knock-off Ike.

To be fair, none of the Nifl's siblings are good candidates to be Legendary Heroes. Fjorm and Gunnthrá were released at the time where we didn't know that Legendary Heroes would be Alts from others heroes, since the first two were OG characters.

If Fjorm were that cool character that appeared in the trailer, summoning giant ice rocks, then she could be legendary, but she was not that interesting during Book 2. Gunnthrá as well, not that interesting.

And I am still not sure about the "Mythic Hero" position for Thrasir... Legendary Hero? Ok, I guess, but not Mythic Hero.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And I am still not sure about the "Mythic Hero" position for Thrasir... Legendary Hero? Ok, I guess, but not Mythic Hero.

Well, they kinda dug themselves into a hole there the moment they decided Eir should be a Mythic. As for Thrasir, yeah she definitely isn’t Mythic tier but I don’t care enough anymore to complain about it. They’re clearly just going to do whatever the hell they want in regards to any of FEH’s OCs.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, they kinda dug themselves into a hole there the moment they decided Eir should be a Mythic. As for Thrasir, yeah she definitely isn’t Mythic tier but I don’t care enough anymore to complain about it. They’re clearly just going to do whatever the hell they want in regards to any of FEH’s OCs.

Or perhaps you're just coming up with your own definitions of what does and doesn't qualify for the title and are not willing to budge when something happens that doesn't follow your definition.

Since Thrasir's inclusion as a Mythic Hero opens the door to potentially getting characters like Altina, Dheginhansea, Sephiran, Roland, or Durban as Mythic Heroes, I'm all for it.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or perhaps you're just coming up with your own definitions of what does and doesn't qualify for the title and are not willing to budge when something happens that doesn't follow your definition.

We have two literal goddesses as Mythic Heroes. Someone like "Thrasir" can only be seen as extremely underwhelming and undeserving in comparison. I'm not backing off even a single inch from what I said.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since Thrasir's inclusion as a Mythic Hero opens the door to potentially getting characters like Altina, Dheginhansea, Sephiran, Roland, or Durban as Mythic Heroes, I'm all for it.

Yeah, except the problem with that is that "Thrasir" isn't even close to being on the same level as any of those names. If it was the actual Thrasir and not edgy Veronica, then you wouldn't be hearing me make noise about this. "Thrasir" is a Mythic Hero only because IS loves putting the FEH OCs on pedestals.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, except the problem with that is that "Thrasir" isn't even close to being on the same level as any of those names. If it was the actual Thrasir and not edgy Veronica, then you wouldn't be hearing me make noise about this. "Thrasir" is a Mythic Hero only because IS loves putting the FEH OCs on pedestals.

This is a Veronica that succeeded in destroying a world even more thoroughly than Grima did, got close to offing the ruler of the dead, and is now a general in the army of the dead.

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We have two literal goddesses as Mythic Heroes.

And? What does it matter where the top of the set is when the range is intentionally wide and vague?

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is a Veronica that succeeded in destroying a world even more thoroughly than Grima did, got close to offing the ruler of the dead, and is now a general in the army of the dead.

Yeah, none of which was actually shown but only told which makes it essentially worthless to me.

In the actual story that was shown, she went out like a bitch and very unceremoniously to the likes of Alfonse and present day Veronica. How badass.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think this is the main point. Units are "Heroes" regardless of whether or not they are the heroes or villains in their games. Similarly, "Legendary" and "Mythic" applies to any unit that have special game mechanics attached to them.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We have two literal goddesses as Mythic Heroes. Someone like "Thrasir" can only be seen as extremely underwhelming and undeserving in comparison. I'm not backing off even a single inch from what I said.

Oh my, Heroes promoting it's own characters. How horrifying.

Seriously I don't get what you're expecting. Heroes has its own story and characters just like any other Fire Emblem game. Of course it's going to push it's own protagonists. It would be more bizarre if it didn't.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Oh my, Heroes promoting it's own characters. How horrifying.

Seriously I don't get what you're expecting. Heroes has its own story and characters just like any other Fire Emblem game. Of course it's going to push it's own protagonists. It would be more bizarre if it didn't.

First off, your snark wasn't needed and it especially wasn't wanted. I'm already in a very testy mood today as is.

Second, I'm not surprised by them doing that at all and nothing I said here indicated that I was. I simply just despise it because I'm playing FEH for all the previous characters coming together, not for the thoroughly uninteresting and loser OCs. That is all.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Second, I'm not surprised by them doing that at all and nothing I said here indicated that I was. I simply just despise it because I'm playing FEH for all the previous characters coming together, not for the thoroughly uninteresting and loser OCs. That is all.

For people that didnt play previous FE entries, the OCs are more fleshed out then any other character. Because well, they dont know the previous chars!

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three of those still haven't shown up on CYL, which suggests they don't currently have a door open to getting in the game at all.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Three of those still haven't shown up on CYL, which suggests they don't currently have a door open to getting in the game at all.

I don't see how CYL is the definitive be all and end all of every character that has a chance to appear in the game. Jedah and Duma weren't options in CYL until after the release of Echoes despite less important Gaiden bosses being available for voting from the start. They can always add them to the voting roster in a later year.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see how CYL is the definitive be all and end all of every character that has a chance to appear in the game. Jedah and Duma weren't options in CYL until after the release of Echoes despite less important Gaiden bosses being available for voting from the start. They can always add them to the voting roster in a later year.

It's not a list of all the characters that might ever get added, but I think it's fair to say that it has all the characters they're considering at the specific time they run it.

It's been a while since CYL3, so it's possible things have changed by now, but unless those characters show up on CYL4, I wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's been a while since CYL3, so it's possible things have changed by now, but unless those characters show up on CYL4, I wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

It wouldn't be soon regardless of whether they show up on CYL 4 since Lif and Hel are likely the next two, and I'm expecting the next four to probably be Mila, Ashera, Anankos, and Three Houses spoilers not necessarily in that order. Maybe someone less divine will show up in between to break things up a bit, but that still basically pushes off the not-yet-on-the-ballot characters out by at least a full year whether not they show up on the ballot.