Bat Laguz Concept

Dr. C

I thought about a potentiality for an evil Laguz faction that’s vampiric in nature and was deemed an abomination by Ashera and Yune.

They would have the power to inflict berserk (vampiric hypnosis one time per battle and be able to use Nosferatu in exchange for more transformation gauge loss.

Also, they would be weak to Light Magic.

Was not sure where to post this so I’ll let the mods move it as they see fit. 

I just thought Bat Laguz would be an interesting concept for a third Tellius game.  

43 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

Except they'd be classed as a flying unit, and get Wind and Bow weaknesses.

45 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

and be able to use Nosferatu

It's been stated that Laguz can't use Beorc weapons, including tomes. At best, they'd be able to bite enemies.

48 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

They would have the power to inflict berserk

Berserk is the shittiest status ailment in the series, so how about no.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Except they'd be classed as a flying unit, and get Wind and Bow weaknesses.

It's been stated that Laguz can't use Beorc weapons, including tomes. At best, they'd be able to bite enemies.

Berserk is the shittiest status ailment in the series, so how about no.

Well the point is to simulate Vampire traits but add the weakness to light magic and rapid gauge decrease to counterbalance the abilities. 

What about a one turn berserk? 

Instead of casting Nosferatu why not just having an HP-draining bite? Also Berserk seems pretty OP and annoying to deal with, especially for maps with many Bat Laguz. How would you complete a map with 20+ units casting berserk on you? Not a bad concept though, would they be like a Bird Laguz but with less speed and more strength?

5 hours ago, Dr. C said:

I thought about a potentiality for an evil Laguz faction that’s vampiric in nature and was deemed an abomination by Ashera and Yune.

They would have the power to inflict berserk (vampiric hypnosis one time per battle and be able to use Nosferatu in exchange for more transformation gauge loss.

Was not sure where to post this so I’ll let the mods move it as they see fit. 

I just thought Bat Laguz would be an interesting concept for a third Tellius game.  

1: No race is all evil. Or all good. This is unrealistic.

2: Laguz cannot use beorc weapons or spells.

3: A third Tellius game should expand on the wolves and possibly show foxes and coyotes. Not every animal needs to be a laguz.

4: Maybe this can work if there's a dark magic cult creating monsters? Like Nergal's morphs? Then you'd cover the "abomination" thing.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah but laguz aren't races, they're species. Vampires aren't a race, they're monsters.

Then I guess the analogy is, are wolves evil? Of course not. They are made evil in folklore.

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Then I guess the analogy is, are wolves evil? Of course not. They are made evil in folklore.

Wolf Laguz are not presented as werewolves so we have no reason to think such things in game.

The major issue with Tellius is, yeah they defeated a goddess making it very difficult to land that coveted third but vampires entrancing a kingdom into making war? 

Alright, that could work.

Also, wanted to address the “Laguz can’t use brief weapons” thing.

When I speak of Nosferatu and Berserk, I mean heir mechanical equivalents NOT actual Beira weapons. 

I didn’t think using analogous words would cause confusion but my mistake.

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

7 hours ago, Dr. C said:

Wolf Laguz are not presented as werewolves so we have no reason to think such things in game.

Wolves are animals and thus beneath morality.

Further, folk tales and mythologies do not always portray wolves as evil, though they are usually vicious.

"If vampires all act wickedly, then they are also likely to be beneath morality." <- That would actually be a decent argument to bring up, but the practical affect of it is small.

7 hours ago, Dr. C said:

The major issue with Tellius is, yeah they defeated a goddess making it very difficult to land that coveted third but vampires entrancing a kingdom into making war? 

The only logical step after defeating organized religion is to defeat secularism, the true harbinger of the destruction of man.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wolves are animals and thus beneath morality.

Further, folk tales and mythologies do not always portray wolves as evil, though they are usually vicious.

"If vampires all act wickedly, then they are also likely to be beneath morality." <- That would actually be a decent argument to bring up, but the practical affect of it is small.

The only logical step after defeating organized religion is to defeat secularism, the true harbinger of the destruction of man.

Sounds like you’re a Final Fantasy X-2 fan!

On 11/1/2019 at 6:12 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Haven't played it, but this comment makes it sound interesting.

The game's story is panned but... I disagree.

i think  there is nuance in a game's conflict to be centered around moving forward from a rcorrupt religious order and starting fresh 

@trunkynugget

“Instead of casting Nosferatu why not just having an HP-draining bite? Also Berserk seems pretty OP and annoying to deal with, especially for maps with many Bat Laguz. How would you complete a map with 20+ units casting berserk on you? Not a bad concept though, would they be like a Bird Laguz but with less speed and more strength?”

Did not see your post.

Thanks for the feedback. Never considered the scenario.

You know what, never considered that scenario... I just wanted no to incorporate vampire hypnosis in some way. 

What about summoning undead? I mean between morphs, faceless, Risen, monsters, etc. there’s wiggle room.  Limit it to a like elder bats or something? Kind of like how elder vampires are more powerful. 

@Zihark11

Thanks for the kind words! With a screen name like that, I’m not surprised you’re a Laguz fan XD.

Edited by Dr. C

On 10/31/2019 at 2:43 PM, trunkynugget said:

Instead of casting Nosferatu why not just having an HP-draining bite? Also Berserk seems pretty OP and annoying to deal with, especially for maps with many Bat Laguz. How would you complete a map with 20+ units casting berserk on you? Not a bad concept though, would they be like a Bird Laguz but with less speed and more strength?

You know what, never considered that scenario... I just wanted no to incorporate vampire hypnosis in some way. 

What about summoning undead? I mean between morphs, faceless, Risen, monsters, etc. there’s wiggle room.  Limit it to a like elder bats or something? Kind of like how elder vampires are more powerful. 

Like thendiea if less speed more strength flier! 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, Zihark11 said:

saw the title and loved the concept. More laguz is always loved and appreciated by me.

What a surprise with a screen name like that XD

Appreciate the feedback 

Side Note: Ugh... another double post. To the mods, I’m sorry but what else was I supposed to do? I didn’t see these comments and would have replied to them in my last post but now I’m kind of stuck.

Edited by Dr. C

• 2 months later...