Arena Assault should be infinite

Jotari

I've been playing this game awhile now and I have raised quite a number of units. Some of them I  really wanted at the time, but now I never use them at all. I've built fun and creative setups that never see use. Arena Assault is basically the only mode where I actually use a good portion of my units, yet I still don't think it's enough. My army's going to keep on growing yet that seven battle gauntlet is going to remain the same. I think it should be infinite. You just keep on fighting until you lose or run out of units. That's probably more how Arena Assault worked in early days when most people's armies were smaller. What do you think?

There's nothing in this spoiler. I threw it down accidentally and can't get rid of it on mobile.

Spoiler

Uhm. Not as a weekly mode. As fun as it would be to use all ~230 of my units... that's fifty-seven fights.

I do think there should be more ways to make use of squad depth, but not this.

Edited by Parrhesia

Pretty much the last thing I'd want. I think that if the devs want us to work out our barracks more, it'd not simply be a case of making us use *more* units as such, but maybe have a mode that pushes the use of a particular movement type to get us out of our individual comfort zones.

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Pretty much the last thing I'd want. I think that if the devs want us to work out our barracks more, it'd not simply be a case of making us use *more* units as such, but maybe have a mode that pushes the use of a particular movement type to get us out of our individual comfort zones.

I don't care what the Devs want, I care what I want.

I think Arena Assault could stand to be shortened. As a weekly obligation it takes a long time to finish a run and you can't put down a bookmark to resume it later. In regular Arena you can, and they shortened that mode from seven to five battles. AA can be especially annoying when certain events are going on that require immediate attention like Voting Gauntlet and Grand Conquests.

A mode that lets you use everything in your barracks could be weirdly fun, but like Arena Assault the enjoyment of it hinges on whether you can bookmark your progress and return later. I've got over 300 5 star level 40 units in the barracks, and most never see noteworthy combat.

The entire Colosseum is a chore, but that's probably entirely my own fault for always putting it off until Monday afternoon. That said, I'm already feeling the burn-out from having Aether Raids, the Colosseum, and multiple concurrent events to do all the time.

Personally, I'd like to just get rid of the regular Arena and only have Arena Assault and Allegiance Battles. Or have Arena and Arena Assault trade off every other week or something.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The entire Colosseum is a chore, but that's probably entirely my own fault for always putting it off until Monday afternoon. That said, I'm already feeling the burn-out from having Aether Raids, the Colosseum, and multiple concurrent events to do all the time.

Personally, I'd like to just get rid of the regular Arena and only have Arena Assault and Allegiance Battles. Or have Arena and Arena Assault trade off every other week or something.

ahah, i have missed out 2 weeks of AA because of this

I like the idea of using all my units in a mode. This could motivate me to promote and build much more of them. 

I wouldn't look forward to do so many fights against arena defense teams though, I'd like it more being like Squad Assault. Perhaps using GHB/BHB/LHB maps? Or an Allegiance Battle map with infinite reinforcements where you switch teams every X rounds? 

It could become a weekly thing, but better with the possibility to do something else between fights. Not like AA were a 7 streak blocks you from doing anything else (probably to not switch seals/skills). 

It's also not necessary to make another PvP mode. Perhaps just reward an orb every X fight on highest difficulty. 

I am having trouble managing it with my 20 units, lol. But thats because I book 'unwanted' 5* units immediately.

On a more serious note, I don't think an infinite mode would serve the game well.

Players with more units would have an edge over those with less units. New players would probably never catch up.

Imagine you were able to use your 230 units. Thats almost 60 battles in a row, lol.

Get killed in one and its back to square 1. Oh my....

Edited by Super Endriu

Also belong to the faction which wants it reduced. It would become more of a shore and I guess those players who would love that are only a few. A good Gacha has challenging stuff but also takes time into consideration the players need to spend on it. While they definitely want you to play frequently the content should be manageable without investing too much time per day. I still see those games as a mean to be played while going to work and using them to kill some time. If a mode needs you to be active for a long time and not to mess up in that time this could work against this concept. 

Also as said, the more units you have to manage the more you have to be careful about it. On my 5* barracks I feel like I am overflowing there and there are a lot of units which I am simply shoving aside. And theoretically the mode would increase more and more with new banners. 

Edited by Stroud

Uh, no. We already have to deal with the blessings system giving out points in Arena Assault (you get 1 point per unit whose element/blessing matches that of the current season; meaning to maximize Arena Assault score, you want no fewer than 3 Arena Assault lead teams, each built for a specific season and ideally with at least one heavily or fully merged Legendary Hero that would boost the team's score and have a further 24 units for each season though you can reduce the total number by having units with AR blessings).

Having a "use all unique units you have until you drop" system is easily asking for Arena Assault to become even more P2W than it already is since there are currently 440 unique units in the game at the time of writing this post. That's up to 110 battles. And most, if not all F2Pers don't have a copy of every unit in the game and even whales can likely agree that 110 battles is more than excessive and a huge waste of time (just 7 matches is already tiresome for a lot of players).

A reasonable compromise would be that the first 7 matches in the run count for scoring while any subsequent matches (so match 8 and onwards) would add 0 points to your total score, which means that scoring would not change at all while players like you, @Jotari, get the option to keep on doing more battles in a single run to your heart's content (though chances are that this would likely go unused by the majority of the playerbase).

Edited by Roflolxp54

35 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Uh, no. We already have to deal with the blessings system giving out points in Arena Assault (you get 1 point per unit whose element/blessing matches that of the current season; meaning to maximize Arena Assault score, you want no fewer than 3 Arena Assault lead teams, each built for a specific season and ideally with at least one heavily or fully merged Legendary Hero that would boost the team's score and have a further 24 units for each season though you can reduce the total number by having units with AR blessings).

Having a "use all unique units you have until you drop" system is easily asking for Arena Assault to become even more P2W than it already is since there are currently 440 unique units in the game at the time of writing this post. That's up to 110 battles. And most, if not all F2Pers don't have a copy of every unit in the game and even whales can likely agree that 110 battles is more than excessive and a huge waste of time (just 7 matches is already tiresome for a lot of players).

A reasonable compromise would be that the first 7 matches in the run count for scoring while any subsequent matches (so match 8 and onwards) would add 0 points to your total score, which means that scoring would not change at all while players like you, @Jotari, get the option to keep on doing more battles in a single run to your heart's content (though chances are that this would likely go unused by the majority of the playerbase).

Yeah, I'm cool with their being zero rewards for such a mode. I want to play for the sake of it, not exclusively for the never ending quest to have enough orbs.

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

oh god no. I actually want AA to be shortened to 3 or 5 fights. One of the modes has to go its too many with all the events and AR. Arena Assault actually should go away.

I'd rather Arena Assault stay and a different mode go because Arena Assault is currently the only persistent competitive game mode where you're allowed to use pretty much whatever units you want without being penalized in your scoring.

How about infinite Aether Assault where all matches matter for scoring?

Since I have almost finished building all my Arena Assault teams, reducing the number of matches would be nice, but it does not make huge difference to me. A significant chunk of my time is spent fishing for score and/or easier matches for Team 1. My Teams 2-7 are all FIresweepers and nukes so they go by pretty quickly.