If the NPCs were playable in the base game, who would you have wanted for DLC?

If Owain, Navarre, Niles, and Oboro were part of the base game (as they should have been), who would you have wanted as DLC?

As a rule, these slots must be taken by characters from the same game.

My list:

Awakening:

Owain's slot goes to Basilio. He shares Lyssa's moveset, with much higher strength and defense, but lower magic and resistance and no ability to use staves.

Fates:

Oboro's Hoshido slot goes to Kaze, wielding a new dagger moveset with a new dagger weapon type.

Niles' Nohr slot goes to Felicia, sharing Kaze's dagger moveset and weapon type.

Shadow Dragon:

Navarre's slot goes to Camus, wielding a new lance cavalry moveset.

Awakening: Kellam. Not having any armors in the roster made it feel incomplete and Kellam is more likable than Effie imo and I assume someone like Draug wouldn't have been all that great either.

Fates: both Keaton and Kaden. Beast would have been great to see and only having stones be used by one character is strange.

Shadow Dragon: I'm not familiar with the characters but I'll second Camus. Jagen would have been ok too.

Awakening: Inigo or Stahl.

Fates: Silas. I still have no idea why we had no playable lance cavalry.

SD: Palla since Linde got to be DLC. Camus is a good option as well for another lance cav.

Edited by Anacybele

Fates: Silas to bring in a lance moveset for cavalry. Kaze to bring in a sword moveset for Thieves/Ninjas.

Shadow Dragon: There's too many I would like to see from Archanea but I guess any of Camus (Lance Cavalry) with Gravidus or Jeorge (Bow) with Parthia. Would have mentioned Merric with Excalibur as well but since Linde wasn't planned before DLC (and I prefer Linde over Merric despite liking both of them) poor guy probably never had a chance despite being Marth's best friend. Ogma with Mercurius would have been nice as well but the game is already oversaturated with swords.

Awakening: A!Tiki to bring in another dragon user. Also could of have brought interesting support conversations with Marth and her younger self.

Edited by NSSKG151

I'd give Owain's spot to The Vaikening. If he has to re-use Lissa's moveset, he'd be the only one that I can see who'd actually lose his axe mid-combo ( see C4) to reference his introduction in CH2.

For Fates I'm with you on both fronts though I'm not sure about them sharing a moveset

Shadow Dragon I'm giving to Hardin though. Normally I'd have went with Cain, but I feel that the direct referencing of him in supports discredits him due to continuity constraints. Hardin wouldn't have this issue and could still go with a Lance Cav moveset

For the record, my original two picks for Fates were Silas and Rinkah, and it hurt to knock Rinkah out. But I felt that the dagger weapon type was too important to neglect, and the founder of the lance cavalry moveset should always have been the Sable Knight himself.

20 hours ago, Motendra said:

I'd give Owain's spot to The Vaikening. If he has to re-use Lissa's moveset, he'd be the only one that I can see who'd actually lose his axe mid-combo ( see C4) to reference his introduction in CH2.

For Fates I'm with you on both fronts though I'm not sure about them sharing a moveset

Shadow Dragon I'm giving to Hardin though. Normally I'd have went with Cain, but I feel that the direct referencing of him in supports discredits him due to continuity constraints. Hardin wouldn't have this issue and could still go with a Lance Cav moveset

Them sharing a moveset was more of a matter of what I'd realistically expect from a company as notoriously corner cutting as Koei Tecmo. I agree they should play differently (due to Felicia's clumsiness), but the reality is that Felicia would probably be a magical Kaze with staff usage.

Perhaps it would make more sense for them to share a moveset if Fiora was the Nohr rep. I'd personally prefer that anyway.

• 8 months later...

For Awakening, I think I would go with Morgan or Kellam, the former due to being a potential Dark Flier (as he's one in Heroes), the latter because of him being an Armor Knight.
For Fates, I'm not too familiar with, but I think it could be interesting to see some of the more unorthodox classes like the Mechanist.
For Shadow Dragon, I'd probably go for one of the Ballisticians.

• 1 month later...

Fates: Rinkah, for a proper infantry axe moveset. Not like Lissa, but more rough and brute force style that you'd expect from a typical FE warrior.

Silas: For a proper lance cavalier. Plus my favorite nohr character.

SD: I might get alot of hate for this... But Kris. Mostly for the pure support potential he would have with Robin and Corrin being the big avatar trio. And I know people would say "But muh infantry sword!" Kris is in the unique situation where he could potentially be something else. Since he doesn't technically have a canon class. Only thing to go by is alot of concept art and such is a sword. But if we go by heroes, female uses a lance and they could easily do that instead. If they gave Lissa an axe, they can make this work. They have shown they are willing to be flexible somewhat with certain characters. Heck why not take it a step further, and allow him to equip a sword, axe, or lance before battle. With one universal moveset with minor changes thrown in. A true weapon master character.

Awakening: Severa. Popular character, and could actually be implemented as a mounted archer.