Three Houses Theme Singer?

So I'm sure we all know that Azura (Rena Strober) sang the theme song for Fire Emblem Fates "Lost in Thoughts All Alone",  and that Silque (Bonnie Gordon) sang the theme song for Fire Emblem Echoes "The Heritors of Arcadia". 

Do we know who sang the theme song for Fire Emblem Three Houses (Edge of Dawn)? The credits say "Caro (Being)" which seems like an odd name, and Buttercup for the English Vocals. I'm not seeing a either name in the cast list. Did they get a random singer instead of choosing someone from the cast? It seems that way, but I'll be pretty disappointed if that's indeed the case. 

Thanks! 

Edited by flaredare911

Edelgard's voice changed since that first trailer. I don't think Tara Platt (Plat? Mitsuru's voice actor) is the singer for the song any longer. That leads me to believe it's still Cristina Vee, who was the old voice actor for that first trailer if I recall correctly.

Yeah Cristina Vee was the voice of Edelgard originally. Is it confirmed that she's the singer? Her name isn't in the credits anywhere, and she was removed from the cast for breaking her NDA. You'd think they'd replace her singing voice too instead of just changing her name in the credits.

It never sounded like either of them to me, and I doubt either of them would have needed to use an alias.

So they didn't use a voice actor this time. Don't know why people keep trying to spin it this way when the credits outright confirm it wasn't Christina or Tara.

Edited by Sentinel07

6 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

from what ive heard it is Edelgards VA thats sings edge of dawn. The japanese title of the song is literally "Maiden of Hresvelg"

The lyrics are from her perspective, but it's not her VA. It's not her VA in either language.

39 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The lyrics are from her perspective, but it's not her VA. It's not her VA in either language.

Shame 😞 I'm probably just going to imagine it's the same VA since it seems like that was their original intention lol

49 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I tried doing doing some more research and the only names that come up are Tara platt (its not her) cristina vee (obviously not her) buttercup (whos this?) and a youtuber named Adriana (she sounds very close but maybe a little to high pitched?)

19 minutes ago, flaredare911 said:

Shame 😞 I'm probably just going to imagine it's the same VA since it seems like that was their original intention lol

Hollywood does this a lot too. Marni Nixon sang the lead roles of many big Hollywood movies, most noticeably My Fair Lady (1964: See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Fair_Lady_(film)#Dubbing). Directors liked how Marni Nixon sang, but wanted other actresses to be in various roles.

Less commonly known is Lea Salonga (Singing voice of Princess Jasmine (1992)) vs Linda Larkin (Speaking voice of Princess Jasmine (1992)). I'm pretty sure Aladdin himself was also voiced by two different people (singing voice vs speaking voice yet again). Its surprisingly common.

The voice actors + directors usually do a good job at making it sound like they're the same person. I mean, after all, "singing voices" always sound a little bit different than a person's actual voice, so its believable when the singing voice is a completely different person.

Edited by dragontamer

17 hours ago, flaredare911 said:

It’s not, Japanese singer for the song is a new singer using the performing name Caro, you can find the official album on ITunes.

11 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Its sung by a woman called Buttercup. That's all that known, I'm guessing she wants privacy. 

Yep. Greg Chun (who wrote and directed the English version) confirmed this on Twitter a few months ago (late August, IIRC). The Japanese one was the debut song of a singer named Caro, as @Timlugia says.

Edited by DefyingFates

On 11/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, DefyingFates said:

Yep. Greg Chun (who wrote and directed the English version) confirmed this on Twitter a few months ago (late August, IIRC). The Japanese one was the debut song of a singer named Caro, as @Timlugia says.

Oh cool. I didn't know he was a songwriter/localizer. 

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Me neither! It's crazy, isn't it?

I don't think anybody really knew before he mentioned it. Though I have noticed more voice actors these days getting into other roles.

For example, Erica Mendez (Bernadetta) has done script writing for a couple anime such as The Promised Neverland.

16 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think anybody really knew before he mentioned it.

Yeah, I remember doing a double-take when he revealed his role in the E3 trailer. It's always good to see people being multi-talented~

• 1 year later...