Pokémon Sword and Shield Spoiler Discussion

Lightchao42

Since some copies of Sword and Shield may be out already, the time is right to make a dedicated thread for spoilers. Of course we don't know if any leaks so far are true, but if not at least we have this thread ready to talk about them.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh this
entire twitter has our current situation and likely will have it for the whole time

https://twitter.com/LeaksPokemon

They're fairly legitimate and you'd be hard pressed to find this whole thing fake, granted I suppose it could be.

Edited by Emerson

Oh no. Impdimp's middle stage is amazing but I'm not feeling that Grimmsnarl. It's Grooky all over again.

8 minutes ago, Dai said:

I frikkin' love Grimmsnarl. Particularly his shiny. That alone changes my whole feelings about the line.

The shiny is fake according to thread. It's just an idea for a possible shiny.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh no. Impdimp's middle stage is amazing but I'm not feeling that Grimmsnarl. It's Grooky all over again.

Well, I still like Grimmsnarl. He looks cool.

Just now, NegativeExponents- said:

Figured.

also ngl totally feeling Grimmsnarl. It looks gross, and thats kinda what I expected. Its like
basic enemy > bigger enemy > final boss looking mother fucker

honestly it totally fits it

Yeah I'm pretty shallow when it comes to designs. Don't really care much about lore or fitting I'm just not a fan of the other big grotesque monsters either like Electrivire or Magmortar (or many of the other evolutions that Sinnoh added) I'm surprised they gave impdimp an evolution at all though. Definitely thought it was gonna be stuck in the same hell as Dunsparce.

My tastes are uh
pretty wide, generally. I have a favoritism to certain things (that I'm not even sure about but generally cute things) but I can generally appreciate anything thrown at me in some form. I don't really dislike any Pokemon design wise to any large degree.

So, mini rant incoming. I’ve never been a big fan of the Galar starters as a whole, and now that I see the final stages, they might be my least favorite trio. Not because I necessarily hate them (I honestly dislike other lines like Chikorita, Bulbasaur, and Tepig much more), but because as a whole they’re so... meh. None of them ever really made an impression on me that the previous generations did, and it’s just so disappointing that I’m starting off with something that I don’t care much for at all. I was initially on Team Scorbunny... I guess, but now that I see Cinderace and just how uninspired and dull it is, I might just switch to Grookey since while I’m not really a monkey guy, the gorilla motif at least looks passable. Can’t say I’m huge on Sobble’s line either, Intelleon’s extremely scrawny look is so off-putting to me. All in all, my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Onto happier thoughts... I really like the new elephant (not sure if it has a name yet or not) since I’m sucker for them. The foxes also look pretty cool even though it’s like our third iteration of one. Everyone else is aight too (well tbh I’m not feeling the Impidimp line... at all). None of the gigantamax forms really interest me but they’re pretty inoffensive if slightly pandered. I’m just waiting for more Galarian forms. I’m hoping Phanpy/Litleo is legit.

24 minutes ago, Silverly said:

So, mini rant incoming. I’ve never been a big fan of the Galar starters as a whole, and now that I see the final stages, they might be my least favorite trio. Not because I necessarily hate them (I honestly dislike other lines like Chikorita, Bulbasaur, and Tepig much more), but because as a whole they’re so... meh. None of them ever really made an impression on me that the previous generations did, and it’s just so disappointing that I’m starting off with something that I don’t care much for at all.

That's honestly how i feel about the Starters of this Gen. I'd argue the Chikorita line is still the worst since that line is literally just "it gets bigger" but i'd aruge Gen 8 has the weakest Starter lineup. I will say though, Intellon looks a lot better in it's official art than it's in-game model.

25 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I really like the new elephant (not sure if it has a name yet or not) since I’m sucker for them.

Wait, the elephant Pokemon is legit?

*looks through leaks*

Oh, you're refering to this little guy

EIXvMLNXUAEJm8C?format=jpg&name=small

There was another leaked Elephant Pokemon but it was confirmed fake. For good reason.

I think it's confusing that every set of fully evolved starters since Gen VI (or maybe Gen V) has been controversial when they were initially revealed, because you'd think Game Freak would try harder to make them as appealing as possible, more so than most other Pokémon.

That being said I like all of the new Pokémon thus far, especially Centiskorch, Apple Worm, Impidimp's evolutions, and ENDLESS TRASH Garbodor. Hopefully all of them are real and not convincing fakes, but we'll know soon enough.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think it's confusing that every set of fully evolved starters since Gen VI (or maybe Gen V) has been controversial when they were initially revealed, because you'd think Game Freak would try harder to make them as appealing as possible, more so than most other Pokémon.

its almost like
everyone hates everything nowadays

10 minutes ago, Emerson said:

its almost like
everyone hates everything nowadays

At least the hate usually wears off after a couple weeks. It's what happens all the time since gen V. Like how last gen Inceneroar was probably hated most when it was revealed but then it turns out it had a big following in Japan, did pretty good on the official popularity polls, and even ended up in Smash.

24 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

At least the hate usually wears off after a couple weeks. It's what happens all the time since gen V. Like how last gen Inceneroar was probably hated most when it was revealed but then it turns out it had a big following in Japan, did pretty good on the official popularity polls, and even ended up in Smash.

Actually, Incineroar's in Smash despite the popularity of the other starters. It was confirmed in an interview. Sakurai also said that it was literally an excuse to make a grappler, which to be honestly I can't say was a bad idea.
Plus, Incin TOTALLY fits in Smash with its personality and aesthetic. We lacked a proper wrestling-type as it was, where as Primarina would be hard to implements, and I feel like Decidueye would be sort of like... a Falco like fighter (maybe slower with extra jump(s)?) with a Link-esque neutral B, although having full-charge give a Ryu/Ken Down-B type effect (or just an alternative grounded state with shadow effects) would be interesting...
Still, Incin's definitely unique, even if pretty garbage.

Anyways, off topic.This happens every Gen and I know I shouldn't be surprised but...
Y'know, I guess I'm expecting a little much from the internet to maybe take a chill pill for once. Especially given the overall controversy of Sword and Shield as a whole.

Even still I guess I just... wish everyone was a little more positive, I guess? Not even in like, needing to like everything, which I don't care if you don't like something. I just dislike when everyone goes "god X design is so bad". I don't want anyone to change their opinions, I just want people to phrase things differently lmao. Saying things like that legit kills other people's happiness sometimes and it hurts.

for the record this is not at all exclusive to this community

Edited by Emerson

Um gonna
double post since this is unrelated to the previous

NEW EVOS

Spoiler

SPOILER_1572751768775.png

SPOILER_1572752379106.png

SPOILER_1572752442524.png

I kinda love Rolycoly's middle evo??? its a fucking minecart which makes so much sense??? Final evo is odd, I hope I like it more in action. But, yeah it kinda is Golem + Rhyperior + Coal.
and that's Yamper's evolution. It's... a dog, yep. Cute, not my thing.

I've looked at the list of Pokemon that didn't make the cut. Of course the Kanto starters made it, even though all the other starters made it. Of course Mew and Mewtwo are in, despite no other legendaries being in the game. Game Freak is still pandering to Gen 1, i see.

....is what i would say but there seems to be quite a few non-Kanto Galarian forms. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've looked at the list of Pokemon that didn't make the cut. Of course the Kanto starters made it, even though all the other starters made it. Of course Mew and Mewtwo are in, despite no other legendaries being in the game. Game Freak is still pandering to Gen 1, i see.

....is what i would say but there seems to be quite a few non-Kanto Galarian forms. 

To my knowledge, we do not have a definitive list of Pokemon that are in. Link the list, please. I saw one that I'm 99% sure isn't real.

also, Galarian Rapidash

EIa13UwWoAI1CV6?format=jpg&name=small

@Anacybele

Edited by Emerson

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the one i saw

(snipped)

Yep, that's the one I saw before. Take it with a grain of salt, please. We don't have a datamine yet, everything so far is from a leaked guidebook. While it assumedly would have all the Pokemon that're in, this is pretty likely to be false.

I also saw that go up LONG before we got deep into the guidebook leaks, so I have even more doubts of it's legitimacy.

UPDATE:
Corviknight pre-evolutions:

Spoiler

Edited by Emerson

2 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Yep, that's the one I saw before. Take it with a grain of salt, please. We don't have a datamine yet, everything so far is from a leaked guidebook. While it assumedly would have all the Pokemon that're in, this is pretty likely to be false.

You just don’t want it to be legit because Glameow would be excluded once again 

That Rapidash is lookin fine. Rolycoaly evos... what happened? I was hoping for a train Pokémon and not Rhyperior/Golems lovechild.

5 minutes ago, Silverly said:

You just don’t want it to be legit because Glameow would be excluded once again 

lmao i didnt even notice thats funny though

but nah i minorly hope its real because it means zoruas in and ALL THOSE GALARIAN FORMS

Also, I'm an idiot, these are ingame, not guidebook. This is the leaked copy. But still, no datamine made public for the moment.

Edited by Emerson

19 minutes ago, Emerson said:

To my knowledge, we do not have a definitive list of Pokemon that are in. Link the list, please. I saw one that I'm 99% sure isn't real.

also, Galarian Rapidash

EIa13UwWoAI1CV6?format=jpg&name=small

@Anacybele

OMG I LOVE IT! I mean I knew I'd love it, but I LOVE IT! 😄 New favorite Pokemon for sure! Definitely have to draw it and Galarian Ponyta sometime! This design reminds me of Princess Celestia and Princess Flurry Heart from MLP, actually. The horn is as big as Celestia's, and the mane, tail, and body color are Flurry Heart-ish.

Looks like Blitzle and Zebstrika aren't in the games. That sucks, I was hoping I could make at least half my team horse family Pokemon since Mudbray and Mudsdale are in. But I can be happy with two!

Also, guys, showing new Pokemon is fine, but just to ask, can we not get any story/character spoilers? I don't want to see those and I bet others don't either.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Looks like Blitzle and Zebstrika aren't in the games. That sucks, I was hoping I could make at least half my team horse family Pokemon since Mudbray and Mudsdale are in. But I can be happy with two!

Again, a reminder for everyone to take that list with a big, BIG grain of salt. No datamine yet, and the guidebook leaker never posted a list. Plus that image was made quite a while before we got the current ingame leaks.
But, I'm glad you're happy with what we get, even if it is true. I honestly would be too, even if it means missing out on my pal Whiscash...