Pokémon Sword and Shield Spoiler Discussion

Lightchao42

10 minutes ago, Emerson said:

lmao i didnt even notice thats funny though

but nah i minorly hope its real because it means zoruas in and ALL THOSE GALARIAN FORMS

Well according to the colors, it has meowth as receiving a galarian evolution but doesn't mention that it also has a galarian form. So there's an inaccuracy already but it could just be a small mistake and it's also the only mistake I see (besides the whole weedle line all being orange which doesn't make sense)

I'm still 50/50 on it myself but I hope it's real because it shows Ledian/Ledyba and the royal nidos as having a galarian form.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Emerson said:

Again, a reminder for everyone to take that list with a big, BIG grain of salt. No datamine yet, and the guidebook leaker never posted a list. Plus that image was made quite a while before we got the current ingame leaks.
But, I'm glad you're happy with what we get, even if it is true. I honestly would be too, even if it means missing out on my pal Whiscash...

Well, I also recall Blitzle and Zebstrika scoring pretty low on a Pokemon popularity list from Japan awhile back, so I'm not holding my breath. But yeah.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, I also recall Blitzle and Zebstrika scoring pretty low on a Pokemon popularity list from Japan awhile back, so I'm not holding my breath. But yeah.

I pray they're not taking popularity as a large factor beyond stuff like Charizard getting more forms... 

That said, Zebras being in the UK WOULD be a tad odd, although it's not like Zebras being in America is much better.

7 minutes ago, Emerson said:

I pray they're not taking popularity as a large factor beyond stuff like Charizard getting more forms... 

That said, Zebras being in the UK WOULD be a tad odd, although it's not like Zebras being in America is much better.

Yeah, I certainly hope so too. Many of my favorites aren't particularly popular. I think the only ones that are are Infernape, Eevee, and Keldeo. And the former is a starter, which naturally gets a bit more love for obvious reasons. And even then, I don't think it's among the more popular starters.

Eevee is Eevee. Basically the most popular Pokemon besides stuff like Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, etc.

Keldeo's popularity does impress me though. He got his own movie, but he's also a mythical whom you only get as a limited event, so he wouldn't have a lot of exposure in the games. And I'm not sure his movie alone could've helped him get 18th in that poll I just mentioned.

And yeah, true, though if we get a region based on Africa at some point, Zebstrika HAS to be there. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I certainly hope so too. Many of my favorites aren't particularly popular. I think the only ones that are are Infernape, Eevee, and Keldeo. And the former is a starter, which naturally gets a bit more love for obvious reasons. And even then, I don't think it's among the more popular starters.

Eevee is Eevee. Basically the most popular Pokemon besides stuff like Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, etc.

Keldeo's popularity does impress me though. He got his own movie, but he's also a mythical whom you only get as a limited event, so he wouldn't have a lot of exposure in the games. And I'm not sure his movie alone could've helped him get 18th in that poll I just mentioned.

I swear Infernape's fairly popular... could be wrong. Keldeo might just be because competitively it's top tier, but I'm not sure. Mythicals score high generally anyways I think.

My favorites... yeah most are decently popular. Zorua (and Zoroark by extension) is my number 1 and they're not terrible popularity wise, especially with the rise of Gen 5's popularity overall. Gardevoir is already confirmed and... is Gardevoir. Rhydon's also confirmed and is a Gen 1.
Tangela I'm slightly worried about... it's a Gen 1, but an unpopular one. I feel like they'd cut it in the first batch if they cut any Gen 1 mons. Tangrowth doesn't help popularity wise... Arbok too.

Just now, Emerson said:

I swear Infernape's fairly popular... could be wrong. Keldeo might just be because competitively it's top tier, but I'm not sure. Mythicals score high generally anyways I think.

My favorites... yeah most are decently popular. Zorua (and Zoroark by extension) is my number 1 and they're not terrible popularity wise, especially with the rise of Gen 5's popularity overall. Gardevoir is already confirmed and... is Gardevoir. Rhydon's also confirmed and is a Gen 1.
Tangela I'm slightly worried about... it's a Gen 1, but an unpopular one. I feel like they'd cut it in the first batch if they cut any Gen 1 mons. Tangrowth doesn't help popularity wise... Arbok too.

Infernape used to be rather popular, mainly for looking cool and being arguably the best Fire starter and one of the best starters period. Then...hidden abilities were introduced and Blaziken, its main competition, was given a much better one. 😕 I've always disliked Blaziken and thought it was ugly and boring. This just made it worse for me. I was proud one of my favorite Pokemon was actually getting lots of love...now it doesn't anymore thanks to that.

As for Keldeo, maybe. Who knows.

I see. Gardevoir is pretty popular. I don't like it though, because it gets too much weird fanart. And it always just looked kind of meh to me. I very much prefer Gallade, who actually looks super cool imo, and he has a more unique typing. I have Sinnoh bias too, and don't like Hoenn.

I see. Gardevoir is pretty popular. I don't like it though, because it gets too much weird fanart. And it always just looked kind of meh to me. I very much prefer Gallade, who actually looks super cool imo, and he has a more unique typing. I have Sinnoh bias too, and don't like Hoenn.

Hah, I actually find Gardevoir really enjoyable to draw. On model and tastefully, obviously. I similarly dislike the vast majority of the fanart.
Shout out to this twitter for having wonderful fanart including plenty Gardevoirs and a Gallade recently. Pretty new twitter account.

I actually never cared for either of the evolutions until I started drawing Gardevoir. It's been in my top favorites ever since.
Gallade I have no distaste for, but I always thought it's weird sphere waist was odd. Otherwise a solid design in my books (although it's Mega is a bit too overdesigned to me).

I also have no bias between Gen 3 and 4. 5 is my only Gen with a positive bias lmao, maybe USUM a smidge just because I enjoy singing it's praises.

26 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Hah, I actually find Gardevoir really enjoyable to draw. On model and tastefully, obviously. I similarly dislike the vast majority of the fanart.
Shout out to this twitter for having wonderful fanart including plenty Gardevoirs and a Gallade recently. Pretty new twitter account.

I actually never cared for either of the evolutions until I started drawing Gardevoir. It's been in my top favorites ever since.
Gallade I have no distaste for, but I always thought it's weird sphere waist was odd. Otherwise a solid design in my books (although it's Mega is a bit too overdesigned to me).

I also have no bias between Gen 3 and 4. 5 is my only Gen with a positive bias lmao, maybe USUM a smidge just because I enjoy singing it's praises.

That is pretty good fanart. I saw a Mega Lopunny there! Sweet. Love me some Lopunny. I think it's really cute.

Gen 7 is my fav after gen 4, so I agree that one's great!

I like Corvinknight's pre-evos, the first one it's so cute ❤️

Also, the Imp's Demon-like final evolution; for some reason I really like his aesthetic xD

That list on the first page is definitely fake (if it wasn't confirmed as fake already) with the confirmation of Stunfisk having a regional variant when the list said it would be absent.

kCdAIMK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here's some of the other newly leaked pokemon:

Spoiler

Idcs6lQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

htVokaH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

qgMwRhp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

3ZKDCAA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

P1U91XL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

OiJcPfk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

yMINoUL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

glXEhbM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

8EX5dPs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I like ice/bug family a lot and I'm intrigued by the bug/physic line too. The fishes are whatever to me and the rodents are ugly af.

Awwwww man. Rip my Galar Phanpy/Litleo dream. I still hope we get at least 85% of the cast returning. 

As for the newcomers, I adore the snow moth, and the ladybug line looks unique enough. Barracuda line (or pike I dunno) is... there. Pretty disappointed by the squirrels. Only the latter one looks like an English red squirrel, and it suffers from “let’s make the next stage fat and/or stupid” syndrome that many of the evolutions of regional mammals suffer from.

32 minutes ago, Dai said:

Squirrel2 looks like a literal cartoon character. Not Disney, but certainly derivative.

It's peter griffin
THEY MADE PETER GRIFFIN A POKEMON

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

I'm curious as to what Scorbunny's final evo looks like.

Hopefully something good since Grookey's and Sobble's isn't that great IMO.

EIWA7pJW4AAuoC-?format=jpg&name=large

Supposedly. People are saying it looks more like a second stage than a third stage.

2 minutes ago, Dai said:

Supposedly. People are saying it looks more like a second stage than a third stage.

People (mostly just me but I've seen people agree) say it looks more like a second stage, but is the third stage for sure. The guidebook leak is real.

also gonna throw out the alternative art we have for intelleon rn again

Edited by Emerson

I decided to make lists of the new stuff we know so far. Just for fun, I bolded the Pokémon that were announced prerelease.

New Pokémon:

Spoiler
  1. Grooky
  2. Thwackey
  3. Rillaboom
  4. Scorbunny
  5. Raboot
  6. Cinderace
  7. Sobble
  8. Drizzile
  9. Intelleon
  10. Rookidee
  11. Corvisquire
  12. Corviknight
  13. Skwovet
  14. Greedunt
  15. Wooloo
  16. Dubwool
  17. Glossifleur
  18. Eldegoss
  19. Nickit
  20. Thievul
  21. Yamper
  22. Boltund
  23. Milcery
  24. Alcremie
  25. Blipbug
  26. Dottler
  27. Orbeetle
  28. Morpeko
  29. Chewtle
  30. Drednaw
  31. Hattena
  32. Hattrem
  33. Hatterene
  34. Arrokuda
  35. Barraskewda
  36. Cramorant
  37. Silicobra
  38. Sandaconda
  39. Sinistea
  40. Polteageist
  41. Rolycoly
  42. Carkoal
  43. Coalossal
  44. Cufant
  45. Copperajah
  46. Impidimp
  47. Morgrem
  48. Grimmsnarl
  49. Toxel
  50. Electox
  51. Snom
  52. Frosmoth
  53. Sizzlipede
  54. Centiskorch
  55. Clobbopus
  56. Grapploct
  57. Duraludon
  58. Stonjourner
  59. Pincurshin
  60. Indeedee
  61. Applin
  62. Flapple
  63. Obstagoon
  64. Sirfetch'd
  65. Perrserker
  66. Cursola
  67. Mr. Rime
  68. Falinks
  69. Dracozolt
  70. Arctozolt
  71. Dracovich
  72. Arctovish
  73. Dreepy
  74. Drakloak
  75. Dragapult
  76. Zacian
  77. Zamazenta
  78. Eternatus

Galarian forms:

Spoiler
  1. Weezing
  2. Zigzagoon
  3. Linoone
  4. Farfetch'd
  5. Ponyta
  6. Rapidash
  7. Meowth
  8. Stunfisk
  9. Corsola
  10. Mr. Mime
  11. Darumaka
  12. Darmanitan

Gigantamax forms:

Spoiler
  1. Corviknight
  2. Alcremie
  3. Drednaw
  4. Charizard
  5. Butterfree
  6. Pikachu
  7. Meowth
  8. Eevee
  9. Lapras
  10. Machamp
  11. Kingler
  12. Garbodor
  13. Coalossal
  14. Flapple?
  15. Centiskorch
  16. Hatterene
  17. Grimmsnarl

Edited by Lightchao42
Organized

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Drednaw's preevolution

Alcremie's preevolution

Polteageist's preevolution

mmm I don't remember ever seeing confirmation of these?

also uh, you got beaten to the punch, with visuals.

28 minutes ago, Emerson said:

mmm I don't remember ever seeing confirmation of these?

Technically they were never announced, but a month ago it was found that the Japanese Dynamax picture site has codenames for all of its Pokémon based on their evolutionary stage:

• Scorbunny: Usagi1
  • Sobble: Chameleon1
  • Grookey: Gorilla1
  • Yamper: Inu1
  • Rolycoly: Sekitan1
  • Wooloo: Wool1
  • Corviknight: Gcommondori3
  • Alcremie: Gcream2
  • Morpeko: Pospika
  • Polteageist: Teacup2
  • Gigantamax Drednaw: Gkame2
  • Duraludon: Haganedoragon
  • Gossifleur: Touwata1

Alcremie, Drednaw, and Polteageist all have a 2, which indicates that they all have preevolutions. All of the Pokémon with 1 have evolutions, Corviknight has two preevolutions since it has a 3, and Morpeko and Duraludon are standalone because they lack numbers.

Edited by Lightchao42