Pokémon Sword and Shield Spoiler Discussion

Lightchao42

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We won't see this leaker anymore now though. Nintendo caught them. Which honestly I don't mind. They shouldn't have been leaking shit this early.

The leaker is all fine and dandy. They posted the maps, some dex entries, the new gigantamax forms, story spoilers, that shiny Impidimp line, along with the new Spirit Break move details just a couple hours ago.

1572950839626.png

Here's the new Spirit Break move in question by the way.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

27 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Has the leaker said it was gonna be that big? I remember they commented something like "the routes felt big but people might not agree with me" but I didn't see any real comments on how big the wild area was.

It was stated by the previews a few weeks ago (the same previews that stated that the Wild Area was gonna have much higher level than normal Pokemon even early on).

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was stated by the previews a few weeks ago (the same previews that stated that the Wild Area was gonna have much higher level than normal Pokemon even early on).

That information came from pokemon reps though, not actual reviewers. I'm wary on trusting that sort of information because reps of any company tend to oversell things.

I'll wait until some reviewer or leaker with hands on experience or maybe even until the game comes out to judge whether it's true or not rather than take the current source at their word.

I at best expect it to be as big as hyrule field+lake hylia. If it's more than that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

So, these guys have been leaked (Apparently this is a late thing):

Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/ds7ehz/the_royals_names_whoever_wrote_this_needs_to_be/

XTqNwjZ.jpg

If this is the best Game Freak will do for Irish representation I'm glad to tell them to fuck off.

Seriously those names though.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, these guys have been leaked (Apparently this is a late thing):

Hide contents

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/ds7ehz/the_royals_names_whoever_wrote_this_needs_to_be/

XTqNwjZ.jpg

If this is the best Game Freak will do for Irish representation I'm glad to tell them to fuck off.

Seriously those names though.

Ah yeah, that leak happened sometime yesterday or maybe even the day before that now. I didn't want to post it though since I knew Anacybele didn't want story spoilers and I don't know if other people also felt the same way.

Anyway, leaker has been posting stats and moves for some mons for a while now that I haven't seen brought in reddit or twitter and figured I'd bring some of the ones I found personally interesting. If you want to see other ones I suggest you go sift through 4chan yourself.

Spoiler

JO8sYKa.png

jAS91NZ.png

GyGoWvz.png

sABXmdX.png

RWEnq7Z.png

S4jE5rt.png

tC3ntJJ.png

12CDS8v.png

cnvE4o0.png

74C42lo.png

1M0OU00.png

fHfZI4j.png

1lu6QZC.png

2NXeNFx.png

Cinderace is fantastic statwise and it's signature move is better physical fireblast.

Inteleon is also a freakin beast with it's amazing speed stat and sky high sp atk.

Duraludon I only posted because I thought i should share it's oddly high speed. It also comes with an interesting new ability.

In a land full of speed demons (oh yeah, so far it seems like Galar is gonna be the exact opposite of Alola when it comes to speed) I'm so disappointed with Grimmsnarl being as slow as molasses. That walking stapler runs faster than it. It even has garbage bulk so like wtf GF? Oh well, it has prankster and amazing attack so I'm sure it's good for something.

Toxtricity is the reason I've been keeping up with the leaks. It has an interesting new ability and I'm hopeful it comes with some poison or electric sound based moves to make it useful. Looks to be a mixed attacked with decent speed. Eh could be worse. Only thing left is to find out details of it's other form.

Eiscue has an interesting ability being basically Disguise but can replenish. The catch is it only works for physical attacks. Invincible vs physical attackers in a hailstorm.

Runerfigus also comes with a unique ability being a free skill swap when attacked. Wonder what interesting applications it will be used for.

Oh and there's the box link which sounds like an amazing QoL improvement. Apparently you get it very early and it allows you to access the pc boxes by just pressing R.

53 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ah yeah, that leak happened sometime yesterday or maybe even the day before that now. I didn't want to post it though since I knew Anacybele didn't want story spoilers and I don't know if other people also felt the same way.

Anyway, leaker has been posting stats and moves for some mons for a while now that I haven't seen brought in reddit or twitter and figured I'd bring some of the ones I found personally interesting. If you want to see other ones I suggest you go sift through 4chan yourself.

Hide contents

JO8sYKa.png

jAS91NZ.png

GyGoWvz.png

sABXmdX.png

RWEnq7Z.png

S4jE5rt.png

tC3ntJJ.png

12CDS8v.png

cnvE4o0.png

74C42lo.png

1M0OU00.png

fHfZI4j.png

1lu6QZC.png

2NXeNFx.png

Cinderace is fantastic statwise and it's signature move is better physical fireblast.

Inteleon is also a freakin beast with it's amazing speed stat and sky high sp atk.

Duraludon I only posted because I thought i should share it's oddly high speed. It also comes with an interesting new ability.

In a land full of speed demons (oh yeah, so far it seems like Galar is gonna be the exact opposite of Alola when it comes to speed) I'm so disappointed with Grimmsnarl being as slow as molasses. That walking stapler runs faster than it. It even has garbage bulk so like wtf GF? Oh well, it has prankster and amazing attack so I'm sure it's good for something.

Toxtricity is the reason I've been keeping up with the leaks. It has an interesting new ability and I'm hopeful it comes with some poison or electric sound based moves to make it useful. Looks to be a mixed attacked with decent speed. Eh could be worse. Only thing left is to find out details of it's other form.

Eiscue has an interesting ability being basically Disguise but can replenish. The catch is it only works for physical attacks. Invincible vs physical attackers in a hailstorm.

Runerfigus also comes with a unique ability being a free skill swap when attacked. Wonder what interesting applications it will be used for.

Oh and there's the box link which sounds like an amazing QoL improvement. Apparently you get it very early and it allows you to access the pc boxes by just pressing R.

Hold up, is that an infinite use escape rope?

Just now, NegativeExponents- said:

I... I didn't even notice that until now but yeah, I think that's exactly what it is.

Guess we don't really need to worry about caves. Honestly, I'm actually not that upset about it. I hardly ever use Escape Rope these days.

Just now, Dai said:

Guess we don't really need to worry about caves. Honestly, I'm actually not that upset about it. I hardly ever use Escape Rope these days.

I never use them honestly. I just slowly walk out of caves and whatnot battling countless wild zubats because I can't be bothered to open the menu.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I never use them honestly. I just slowly walk out of caves and whatnot battling countless wild zubats because I can't be bothered to open the menu.

I'm still gonna be an old codger and point out that young folk these days have it to good. They don't know nothin' 'bout rationing your escape ropes on a limited supply of cash pre-Elite Four.

Out of curiosity, how many Kalos Pokemon have been confirmed to be in the game? I know Espurr/Meowstic is in.

I have a soft-spot for Kalos since XY was my first Pokemon game.

3 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Out of curiosity, how many Kalos Pokemon have been confirmed to be in the game? I know Espurr/Meowstic is in.

32 Kalos Pokemon.

Seems like permanent exp share might not be too bad when it comes to EV training since according to the new trailer it seems like they removed the limit to the stat boosting drinks. Gengar is shown to overdose on 26 calcium. Edit: also still has cursed body. RIP levitate.

10 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

JI57Uir.png

For future reference here's all the cut pokemon. Green is in. White is out.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I'll just call it the Jecht Shot. =P

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Where are these new leaks coming from? I keep seeing that Nintendo shut the leaker(s) down.

The leaker apparently survived whatever it was, I've heard. There may also be more than one leaker as well. The leaks I see generally get reposted or retweeted from CentroLeaks on Twitter.

45 minutes ago, Dai said:

The leaker apparently survived whatever it was, I've heard. There may also be more than one leaker as well. The leaks I see generally get reposted or retweeted from CentroLeaks on Twitter.

Oh. Yeah, true. It's still dumb that stuff leaked this early though. I wish people wouldn't do that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Yeah, true. It's still dumb that stuff leaked this early though. I wish people wouldn't do that.

It would be nice, but we're in an age where people are simply going to leak everything. While it is aggravating, and certainly very difficult to avoid, the only recourse is to simply do our best to avoid them if we wish to remain unspoiled.

Just now, Dai said:

It would be nice, but we're in an age where people are simply going to leak everything. While it is aggravating, and certainly very difficult to avoid, the only recourse is to simply do our best to avoid them if we wish to remain unspoiled.

Like you said though, it's difficult to avoid. I already ended up seeing spoilerific thumbnails of Luigi's Mansion 3 on Youtube. The least people could do is make their video thumbnails and post images not spoilery.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like you said though, it's difficult to avoid. I already ended up seeing spoilerific thumbnails of Luigi's Mansion 3 on Youtube. The least people could do is make their video thumbnails and post images not spoilery.

Yeah, although the problem with the thumbnail thing is that YouTube has that habit of making the video play automatically anyway within the thumbnail space.

Edit: EIs0W2XX0AEtkyL?format=png&name=large
Well, that's new.

Edited by Dai

39 minutes ago, Dai said:

Yeah, although the problem with the thumbnail thing is that YouTube has that habit of making the video play automatically anyway within the thumbnail space.

Edit: EIs0W2XX0AEtkyL?format=png&name=large
Well, that's new.

Yeah, but I've noticed that that's only if you hover your cursor over it.

And that nickname thing is nice! That means I can nickname a Galarian Ponyta someone trades me from Shield instead of having to ask them to nickname it for me.

I guess now that I see more and more neat things in these games, the only thing that really upsets me is the number of cut Pokemon. I might be able to look past that enough to enjoy these after all.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I guess now that I see more and more neat things in these games, the only thing that really upsets me is the number of cut Pokemon. I might be able to look past that enough to enjoy these after all.

The biggest thing that I appreciate is making the competitive scene a lot more accessible. I still don't plan on buying the game first-hand, but I still can appreciate a few things.

Just now, Dai said:

The biggest thing that I appreciate is making the competitive scene a lot more accessible. I still don't plan on buying the game first-hand, but I still can appreciate a few things.

Yeah, this is nice too. Another thing I liked seeing. Now with it being easier to get into competitive, they really ought to bring back things like the Battle Frontier though. They said they removed it because people don't have time to put the effort into making teams for them. Now they don't have to spend as much time! No excuse, GF.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this is nice too. Another thing I liked seeing. Now with it being easier to get into competitive, they really ought to bring back things like the Battle Frontier though. They said they removed it because people don't have time to put the effort into making teams for them. Now they don't have to spend as much time! No excuse, GF.

It does kind of suck in that regard.

I admit, I'm still also pretty salty that I can't have my sandstorm/trap team fully in this game. Particularly Forretress. Hopefully there's something that they have something similar to it.