Pokémon Sword and Shield Spoiler Discussion

Lightchao42

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

That's cool. Dragon is the standard Legendary typing even if they don't look it, but I didn't expect the Poison typing. Thanks!

If I had to guess, Eternatus is probably something of a contaminating Pokemon, and it helps when the wolves are without their gear.

Took a look at the pastebin. Looks like Glameow's line is still stuck being available only from Sinnoh.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think I'm canceling my preorder.

This is why: https://nintendosoup.com/heres-the-final-list-of-pokemon-cut-from-pokemon-sword-and-shield/

I was fine with no national Pokedex. I expected at least some of my favorites would still be in. And I didn't expect to see a whole lot of cuts. But according to this image, almost none of them are and this shows way more cuts than I thought. All I get is Bellossom. Yeah, I'm not that interested if my favorite Pokemon are not in the game. Maybe next gen. Or Sword/Shield sequels if they happen.

I don't really want to spend the money on the double pack anymore since I quit my job anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is why: https://nintendosoup.com/heres-the-final-list-of-pokemon-cut-from-pokemon-sword-and-shield/

I was fine with no national Pokedex. I expected at least some of my favorites would still be in. But according to this image, almost none of them are. All I get is Bellossom. Yeah, I'm not that interested if my favorite Pokemon are not in the game. Maybe next gen. Or Sword/Shield sequels if they happen.

I don't really want to spend the money on the double pack anymore since I quit my job anyway.

I'm not done looking yet, but...what the hell? The Meltan line isn't in this game? Then what the hell was the point of all the stuff with him in Let's Go and Pokemon Go?

Just now, Dai said:

I'm not done looking yet, but...what the hell? The Meltan line isn't in this game? Then what the hell was the point of all the stuff with him in Let's Go and Pokemon Go?

That is confusing. Also confusing to me is Mewtwo not being in when I heard he was going to be.

That is confusing. Also confusing to me is Mewtwo not being in when I heard he was going to be.

Probably something to do with cutting back on a lot of legendaries. Which...I'm okay with? I mean, it's kind of whatever to me for them.

Can I just add, I like Charizard, and I like Charizard a lot, but having him be the ONLY OTHER STARTER LINE in this game is REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

Edit: Wait a minute, then why is Mew still there!?

Edited by Dai

Just now, Dai said:

Probably something to do with cutting back on a lot of legendaries. Which...I'm okay with? I mean, it's kind of whatever to me for them.

Can I just add, I like Charizard, and I like Charizard a lot, but having him be the ONLY OTHER STARTER LINE in this game is REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

Oh yeah, I agree with this too. The Charmander line isn't the only starter line people like a lot, GameFreak. 😕

Well, Slaking isn't in the game, so that's one double battle partner for Galarian Weezing we don't need to worry about.

They took out Smeargle, so if there was any breeding shenanigans made easier with him, that's out, now. Probably didn't wanna code in the capability for all those moves, I'd wager.

I'm not surprised at the removal of most fossil Pokemon. I AM surprised that they took out gen 3-4's pseudo-legendaries, but then again, those were the best of the best.

I find it wild a lot of the choices they made. And I'm more surprised that not every Kanto Pokemon is in. But this is...a really steep cut, and I gotta say, I like a lot of the game that I've seen so far, but I really don't think it's worth this massive a cut.

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

I find it wild a lot of the choices they made. And I'm more surprised that not every Kanto Pokemon is in. But this is...a really steep cut, and I gotta say, I like a lot of the game that I've seen so far, but I really don't think it's worth this massive a cut.

Agreed. As I said, I didn't expect such a huge cut list. Hopefully these games sell poorly (in terms of Pokemon sales) and GF rethinks their decisions.

If my favorites were in and the cut list was still this big, I'd still think this was a poor decision, btw. The cut list should not be so big regardless. I'd still be tempted to get the games, but probably wait until they drop in price or something.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed. As I said, I didn't expect such a huge cut list. Hopefully these games sell poorly (in terms of Pokemon sales) and GF rethinks their decisions.

The only way GameFreak is gonna rethink this, since they've already said they're standing by it, is if Nintendo and TPC as a whole crack down on them.

As it is, if 1000 people truly had input on this game, then this was the biggest mismanagement of such resources that I have ever seen in my life.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

The only way GameFreak is gonna rethink this, since they've already said they're standing by it, is if Nintendo and TPC as a whole crack down on them.

As it is, if 1000 people truly had input on this game, then this was the biggest mismanagement of such resources that I have ever seen in my life.

Then I hope they do crack down on them or that GF just suffers anyway.

Yeah, probably.

22 minutes ago, Dai said:

Edit: Wait a minute, then why is Mew still there!?

The Mew that comes with the  Poké Ball Plus controller can also be transferred to Sword and Shield in addition to the Let's Go! games (as long as it wasn't already transferred to another game), which was confirmed some time ago. Mew will presumably be #401 in the Garar Pokédex, with any other Mythicals coming after.

Anyway I made a list of how many Pokémon of each type were introduced. Galarian forms are in italics. Some types may be incorrect and I'll fix them later if they are.

Spoiler

Normal: Skowvet, Greedunt, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Obstagoon, Wooloo, Dubwool, Indeedee (8)

Fire: Scorbunny, Raboot, Cinderace, Sizzlipede, Centiskorch, Carkol, Coalossal (7)

Fighting: Farfetch’d, Sirfetch’d, Falinks, Clobbopus, Grapploct, Zamazenta (6)

Water: Sobble, Drizzile, Intelleon, Chewtle, Drednaw, Arrowkuda, Barraskewda, Cramorant, Dracovish, Arctovish (10)

Flying: Rookidee, Corvisquire, Corviknight, Cramorant (4)

Grass: Grookey, Thwackey, Rillaboom, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Applin, Flapple, Appletun (8)

Poison: Weezing, Toxel, Toxricity, Eternatus (4)

Electric: Yamper, Boltund, Toxel, Toxricity, Morpeko, Pinchurchin, Dracozolt, Arctozolt (8)

Ground: Stunfisk, Silicobra, Sandaconda, Yamask, Runerigus (6)

Psychic: Dottler, Orbeetle, Hatenna, Hattrem, Hatterene, Ponyta, Rapidash, Indeedee, Mr. Mime, Mr. Rime (10)

Rock: Drednaw, Rolycoly, Carkol, Coalossal, Stonjourner (5)

Ice: Snom, Frosmoth, Mr. Mime, Mr. Rime, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Eiscue, Arctozolt, Arctovish (9)

Bug: Blipbug, Dottler, Orbeetle, Sizzlipede, Centiskorch, Snom, Frosmoth (7)

Dragon: Applin, Flapple, Appletun, Duraludon, Dracozolt, Dracovish, Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult, Eternatus (10)

Ghost: Corsola, Cursola, Yamask, Runerigus, Sinistea, Polteageist, Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult (9)

Dark: Nickit, Theivul, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Obstagoon, Impidimp, Morgrem, Grimmsnarl, Morpeko (9)

Steel: Corviknight, Meowth, Perrserker, Stunfisk, Cufant, Copperajah, Duraludon, Zacian, Zamazenta (9)

Fairy: Milcery, Alcremie, Impidimp, Morgrem, Grimmsnarl, Hatternene, Weezing, Rapidash, Zacian (9)

Incidentally, Eternatus is our first ever Poison-type Legendary, if you don't count Nihilego.

Edited by Lightchao42

And it looks like, excluding mythicals, we have seen every single new Pokemon and Galarian form this game has to offer in its Pokedex.

Spoiler

EIhzgelXkAEQHlD?format=png&name=medium

All that's left are any unknown Gigantamax Pokemon. It looks like Koffing does the same thing as Cubone did back in Alola, though.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was fine with no national Pokedex. I expected at least some of my favorites would still be in. And I didn't expect to see a whole lot of cuts. But according to this image, almost none of them are and this shows way more cuts than I thought. All I get is Bellossom. Yeah, I'm not that interested if my favorite Pokemon are not in the game. Maybe next gen. Or Sword/Shield sequels if they happen.

I wasn't planning to buy this game after USUM anyway but this solidifies my choice. 

Every starter but the charmander line? I don't even dislike that starter line but this isn't subtle at all. We get it, Charizard is the most popular pokémon.

Just for funsies I checked out my favorite top 12 pokémon and looked how many get destroyed.

RIP Typhlosion, Crobat, Garchomp, Torterra, Ampharos and Lugia. My other 6 pokémons will cry for you.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

400 is a much lower Pokedex number than I expected. I was thinking between 500 and 600 Pokemon. Yeah, these games aren't worth buying at all.

I was thinking they'd probably cut out legendaries, mythicals, and MAYBE like, one-of-a-kind Pokemon, like Silvally. This is beyond overboard.

I'm not surprised that most of the complaints about the cuts relate to legendaries/mythics and starters. I remember when I said that if those are the pokemon that get cut then many people will have issues since they are consistently among the favorites of many and it seems I was right.

Well I'm glad. If the games actually end up selling poorly because of this and GF rethinks their decisions for future games and improve then this might be a harsh but valuable learning lesson for them.

Weren't Terriers bred in England? Why, then, is the Lillipup line not here? Is there no Poke-England in the Poke-United Kingdom?

I'm starting to notice a lot of Pokemon that have multiple forms, like Castform, or a particular visual gimmick, like Spinda and Vivillon.

Edited by Dai

7 minutes ago, Dai said:

I was thinking they'd probably cut out legendaries, mythicals, and MAYBE like, one-of-a-kind Pokemon, like Silvally. This is beyond overboard.

Yeah, exactly. I feel so let down.

Can I just say I love Typhlosion and I hate that after so much time getting ignored and not receiving any sort of special treatment like megas, regional variants, z moves, gigantamax, it just ends up being cut. Like what the hell. I would have at least liked to see interact with the new pokemon of this region even if it got nothing special. That poison/electric dragon especially is like a perfect partner for it with it's electricity that comes shooting out of it like Typhlosion's fire.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

2 minutes ago, Dai said:

The leaks were getting me excited until this. Ho-lee shit.

Yep, my thought exactly. Worst thing for me is, I have to give up that Galarian Rapidash I love so much. It won't appear in other games for obvious reasons.

Only two things could salvage these games for me now.

- GameFreak patches in more Pokemon post-launch. But of course they won't do this, they're too allergic to the idea of DLC, even if it's free.

- The post-game somehow adds more Pokemon, which is a possibility.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yep, my thought exactly. Worst thing for me is, I have to give up that Galarian Rapidash I love so much. It won't appear in other games for obvious reasons.

That reminds me. I'm wondering if they're going to have the Alolan variants of certain Pokemon in this game or not, because that list doesn't exactly show that.

Looks like Grimer went exctinct after all.

Just now, Dai said:

That reminds me. I'm wondering if they're going to have the Alolan variants of certain Pokemon in this game or not, because that list doesn't exactly show that.

Probably not. Then we'd have three different Meowths. Which reminds me, WHY did Meowth get another form when other Pokemon don't have any? It already got an Alolan form, why couldn't another Pokemon get a new form instead?

You posted too fast to see my post edit, btw.

Only two things could salvage these games for me now.

- GameFreak patches in more Pokemon post-launch. But of course they won't do this, they're too allergic to the idea of DLC, even if it's free.

- The post-game somehow adds more Pokemon, which is a possibility.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

I figure that if they existed they would have been leaked by now so I doubt they're in

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A) Probably not. Then we'd have three different Meowths. Which reminds me, WHY did Meowth get another form when other Pokemon don't have any? It already got an Alolan form, why couldn't another Pokemon get a new form instead?

B) You posted too fast to see my post edit, btw.

A) Meowth is, I guess, fairly popular. The in-game explanation will likely be similar to Alolan Meowth, in that it was imported and evolved over time.

B) I think the only way these games are going to improve are if they're pried from GameFreak's cold, unforgiving clutches. Personally, I'd like Square Enix to handle these games. If Game Freak has to be involved, give them a major backseat. Maybe let them design characters, monsters, and story, but don't touch ANYTHING else.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I figure that if they existed they would have been leaked by now so I doubt they're in

WEAK.