If a Media Company developed a VHS Mini similar to the Classic Mini Game Consoles, which movies and TV Shows that were recorded on VHS do you think it should be listed in the VHS Mini?

King Marth 64

I was thinking of this point since we have been getting those Video Game Mini Consoles such as NES and SNES Classic Edition, Sega Genesis Mini, TurboGrafx-16 Mini, Commondor64 Mini, etc. But, what do you think that if one of those Media Companies that did made those VHS Systems and did it similar to make a VHS Mini that you play movies that were used to be released on VHS Tapes since I don't see a lot of stores sell VHS Tapes and even Media Companies releasing on VHS Tapes anymore. The VHS Mini has to be the System itself while you can't put VHS Tapes in the VHS Mini.

What movies or TV Shows that were released on VHS Tapes do you think they should include on the VHS Mini? I was thinking that they should put like around 30 or up to 50 sets preloaded in the VHS Mini. The list has to be that were released on VHS, any movies or TV Shows that never released or made to the VHS Tapes shouldn't count.

This is one of my thoughts that should be included in the possible VHS Mini:

1. One of the Star Wars Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy Movies (in original format and can be used as a Bonus similar to Mega Man: The Wily Wars on Sega Genesis Mini)
  2. Classic Indiana Jones Movies
  3. One of the Disney Classic Movies, I think like The Lion King, Aladdin, Hercules, etc.
  4. Maybe add an Anime Movies like those Dragon Ball movie tapes, Studio Ghibi movies, that FUNimation, VIZ Media, etc. can probably put it in
  5. One of the Classic Rambo Movies
  6. Wizard of Oz
  7. Harry Potter movies
  8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  9. Classic Black and White Movies
  10. One of those hard to find official VHS Tapes
  11. Few R rated movies (Parental Guidance can blocked or not depends on when you have children living with you)
  12. Maybe an unreleased movie that never came out (be bit like a Star Fox 2, Sega Genesis Tetris and Darius, etc.)

If the company that I think I have to choose to develop the VHS Mini, it has to be Samsung.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

...why would anyone do this? Movies get releases on new formats constantly. There would be no point at all.

Umm... what about the VHS Tapes that didn't get a rereleased into DVD and Blu-Rays and as hard to find VHS Tapes as well? I did saw a few videos of YouTube mentioned that there are some VHS Tapes didn't get rereleased as well as wanted to see them as originals for everyone to know the differences from the later versions. And plus, I think there are some people that wanted to collect some VHS Tapes that they didn't get to experience to see some original uncut that gotten altered and/or changed in the later editions.

Edited by King Marth 64

It sounds cool but I don't think anybody would really buy it

Most people if they want to watch a movie they probably have a DVD of it or would stream it. I think it would be more of an inconvenience and a dust collector. There's a reason those portable media players died out in the early 2000's

55 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

It sounds cool but I don't think anybody would really buy it

Most people if they want to watch a movie they probably have a DVD of it or would stream it. I think it would be more of an inconvenience and a dust collector. There's a reason those portable media players died out in the early 2000's

Wait, you think a VHS Mini wouldn't work; why would a VHS Mini won't probably be buyable while the NES Classic Edition, SNES Classic Edition, and Sega Genesis Mini gotten popular and have been bought with over a million units? Is it suppose to be for anyone can revisit the classics or join in the classics similar to like the Classic Mini Consoles had recently?

Edited by King Marth 64

25 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, you think a VHS Mini wouldn't work; why would a VHS Mini won't probably be buyable while the NES Classic Edition, SNES Classic Edition, and Sega Genesis Mini gotten popular and have been bought with over a million units? Is it suppose to be for anyone can revisit the classics or join in the classics similar to like the Classic Mini Consoles had recently?

Video games aren't as accessible as movies 

Movies are easier to get ahold of

People don't want to spend $80 on a mini vhs player, when they could just buy a box set and some DVDs

Video games and movies are very different mediums.