Kinda Funny's Imran Khan: A cancelled Fire Emblem remake for the 3DS could "eventually be coming to Switch"

BZL8

Which remake do you think it is?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which remake do you think it is?

• Jugdral and Thracia remake! (FE4/FE5)
    • Elibe remake! (FE6/FE7)
    • Magvel remake! (FE8)
    • Tellius remake! (FE9/FE10)
    • Another Archanea remake! (FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12)
    • Awakening remake! (FE13)
    • Fates remake! (FE14)
    • "I think he's wrong. It's a brand-new installment!" (Brand new Fire Emblem game)
    • Other (please specify)

My top two choices are between FE4 and FE6. I think that FE6 is more likely. I think that having a FE6 remake will work out a lot better for the newer fans to the series. If they did make a FE6 remake, I can see it being a huge success. I also think a FE4 remake would do well. The reason I'm leaning towards FE6 is because of the maps. If FE4 was going to be remade on the 3DS, I'm not sure the system could've handled it very well without changing the chapter system. If it was going to be a FE4 remake, then each castle you'd have to capture would have to be it's own chapter for the game to run smooth enough on the 3DS. Also with a FE4 remake, I'm saying this for the newer/casual players, they wouldn't add a casual mode. I'm a classic mode player myself, but for those who play on only casual might not like it taken away from them. FE6 I think is also easier for any of the other new players and it would be cool if this was a bundle game that had both FE6 and FE7. Though what ever game it is, there is one thing I'll be glad they add, and that is critical quotes. 

Roy: "A leader belongs on the front lines." (Fishy emblem cipher crit for FE6)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me upon seeing a 3DS title was concelled: Sadness.
Me upon seeing it could go to the Switch: Happiness.

So in one hand, I hope that it'll be FE4, but Fire Brand is onto something, still we were pleasantly surprised with TH and Echoes, it might continue to be the case, eh ?
But I also kinda sorta expect FE6 and FE7 too, those are "easy pickings".

Judgral have heavy stuff, but Elibe ? Those are very basic and what people in the world know best.

Edited by B.Leu

34 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

But I also kinda sorta expect FE6 and FE7 too, those are "easy pickings".

And everyone can agree on what FE6 needs to make it better.:

• Enliven the dull plot by making less of a Roy monologue punctuated by Merlinus mistakes, Elffin lore drops, and Guinevere appearances, and other junk.
  • Fix the support system's slow gains and add new and better conversations. Perhaps tone down the bonuses to compensate.
  • Rebalance the characters, weapons, and classes.
  • Add in passive Skills and command Combat Arts.
  • Add Casual Mode, add in free battle grinding on at least Normal or a new Easy mode.
  • Tone the Throne DOWN! And select BoSsses.

They might want to:

• Add a rewind mechanic.
  • Weaken the 5-turn duration of status ailments.
  • Fix some poorly designed maps.
  • Replace Con and institute a different form of AS determination.

-but these are all less universally agreeable changes. As is how much FE7 retroactive connecting they should add, should Nils, Nino, Erk, or Pent and Louise show up? Or is any of that too much. Expect some though, if you're someone who hates FE7 but loves 6, you'll be out of luck with 95% certainty.

36 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Also with a FE4 remake, I'm saying this for the newer/casual players, they wouldn't add a casual mode. I'm a classic mode player myself, but for those who play on only casual might not like it taken away from them.

I think they could add a Casual Mode to FE4, it'd just have to be reworked a little. If they kept the same gigantic chapters, then returning at the end of a chapter would be much too late for Casual players.

So, the better solution might be to have them revive at the home castle after a certain number of turns pass. Just as Casual Fates allowed Battle Saves, they could allow Casual Genealogy to enable cost-free one-way warping from inside the home castle to any other castle under ally control. That way the revived allies could see action again on a reasonable time frame.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

If FE4/5 remake does happen. The game either needs to stay 1RN or somehow completely rebalance the game in 2RN calculations. FE4/5 feels very designed to be played with 1 RN in mind with how the hit rates work for both you and the enemy. If the main thing that was changed was a transition to 2RN FE5 especially would be very easy. 

2 hours ago, Florete said:

and Thracia just can't be saved.

I'd care to disagree. There is a litany of things that could be done that'd make the game much more playable.:

• Casual Mode, EXP grinding, battle saves or time rewind- the Big Three for casual/non-elite players. 
  • Difficulty settings that not only affect stats, but on the lowest difficulty reduces the enemies that are "too much", like the excessive number of ballistae on some maps. Or the number of enemies in The Room in Chapter 4.
  • And on the lowest difficulty (or Casual, not sure which), remove the ability for allies to be captured and taken off the map (21x can be accessed some other way, healers won't have their stuff stolen if captured). Leif escaping will not result in anyone being captured, even if this would make Chapter 19 mega-easy.
  • Include No Fatigue and Semi-Fatigue options besides Fatigue as it is. An option you can select like difficulty and permadeath.
  • Make status ailments not permanent, add more readily available Restore staffs- including one in time for Salem's appearance.
  • Add actual sources of liquid gold, lower the prices of shop goods, perhaps only on the lowest difficulty.
  • Attach the convoy to Leif instead of an independent store only on some maps.
  • Make Fog of War show the layout of the map.
  • Do something to make dismounting not so bad, like Lances for Lance Knights and Axes for Axe Knights.
  • Add the ability to move initial unit placements around on the battle preparations menu.
  • Fix the Xavier recruitment by making the Leonster Knights never attack any Civilian. 
  • End Ambush Spawns.
  • Add Supports to flesh out its problematically hollow crew.

All of this is absolutely possible. Yes it's a lot, but it wouldn't require too many brains to figure out how to program it. And none of this would be as difficult or controversial to enact as aspects of Genealogy's remake would have it.

• E.g. for Genealogy- Allowing units to trade. Instituting trading would render personal funds meaningless, because then I could just trade items in need of repair to whoever has the money. No personal funds would lead to a necessary revamp the Arena payouts and the functioning of villages. No personal funds makes Dew and Patty/Daisy lose their thieving trait and utility, now they're just inferior Myrmidons. It's a chain of events that would be complicated, and have some people arguing it shouldn't even happen in the first place. Hard to see Genealogy Remake having options between Free Trading or the Pawn Shop and Personal Funds, that'd be a lot of effort to include.
    • By contrast, instituting No Fatigue or Semi-Fatigue (Max HP/Mag halving I'd choose for this), would only be a matter of programming. One check for whether actions should add Fatigue points, and another for what to do if Fatigue points are >= Max HP. Binary choices, very basic programming a paid coder should be able to do in their sleep. The only challenge is deciding if Semi-Fatigue as third selection should exist in the first place and what its light punishments should be. And as options, nobody should complain, they can pick any Fatigue setting they want.

Thracia is fundamentally an "ordinary" FE, if you smooth its edges, a player who was unaware of what Thracia 776 was, could mistake it for an unreleased GBA FE, or Awakening/Fates if you upgraded the graphics, as if it were just a romhack. That would be unlike Gaiden or Genealogy, where smoothing their edges without fundamentally altering the product, would not leave that impression.

Of course, a Thracia remake has to follow a Genealogy remake being a midquel that isn't entirely self-contained, and Genealogy does have its big issues of tradition vs. "improvement" standing in the way of any possible remake. So until Genealogy's every last detail is resolutely decided on, a Thracia remake cannot follow.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

If there really was a cancelled 3DS remake, I think it's more likely that it was FE6 than anything else. It was specifically name-dropped, and it has a large fanbase plus the pull of Roy himself.

I'd personally want a Jugdral remake before any others, though. I'd like an FE6 & 7 combo remake, just to see whatever happened to Sain and other 7 characters during 6 if for nothing else, but I feel like the Jugdral games need the remake treatment more. All the GBA games hold up very well, whereas the Jugdral games are a bit rough around the edges.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd care to disagree. There is a litany of things that could be done that'd make the game much more playable.:

• Casual Mode, EXP grinding, battle saves or time rewind- the Big Three for casual/non-elite players. 
  • Difficulty settings that not only affect stats, but on the lowest difficulty reduces the enemies that are "too much", like the excessive number of ballistae on some maps. Or the number of enemies in The Room in Chapter 4.
  • And on the lowest difficulty (or Casual, not sure which), remove the ability for allies to be captured and taken off the map (21x can be accessed some other way, healers won't have their stuff stolen if captured). Leif escaping will not result in anyone being captured, even if this would make Chapter 19 mega-easy.
  • Include No Fatigue and Semi-Fatigue options besides Fatigue as it is. An option you can select like difficulty and permadeath.
  • Make status ailments not permanent, add more readily available Restore staffs- including one in time for Salem's appearance.
  • Add actual sources of liquid gold, lower the prices of shop goods, perhaps only on the lowest difficulty.
  • Attach the convoy to Leif instead of an independent store only on some maps.
  • Make Fog of War show the layout of the map.
  • Do something to make dismounting not so bad, like Lances for Lance Knights and Axes for Axe Knights.
  • Add the ability to move initial unit placements around on the battle preparations menu.
  • Fix the Xavier recruitment by making the Leonster Knights never attack any Civilian. 
  • End Ambush Spawns.
  • Add Supports to flesh out its problematically hollow crew.

All of this is absolutely possible. Yes it's a lot, but it wouldn't require too many brains to figure out how to program it. And none of this would be as difficult or controversial to enact as aspects of Genealogy's remake would have it.

• E.g. for Genealogy- Allowing units to trade. Instituting trading would render personal funds meaningless, because then I could just trade items in need of repair to whoever has the money. No personal funds would lead to a necessary revamp the Arena payouts and the functioning of villages. No personal funds makes Dew and Patty/Daisy lose their thieving trait and utility, now they're just inferior Myrmidons. It's a chain of events that would be complicated, and have some people arguing it shouldn't even happen in the first place. Hard to see Genealogy Remake having options between Free Trading or the Pawn Shop and Personal Funds, that'd be a lot of effort to include.
    • By contrast, instituting No Fatigue or Semi-Fatigue (Max HP/Mag halving I'd choose for this), would only be a matter of programming. One check for whether actions should add Fatigue points, and another for what to do if Fatigue points are >= Max HP. Binary choices, very basic programming a paid coder should be able to do in their sleep. The only challenge is deciding if Semi-Fatigue as third selection should exist in the first place and what its light punishments should be. And as options, nobody should complain, they can pick any Fatigue setting they want.

Thracia is fundamentally an "ordinary" FE, if you smooth its edges, a player who was unaware of what Thracia 776 was, could mistake it for an unreleased GBA FE, or Awakening/Fates if you upgraded the graphics, as if it were just a romhack. That would be unlike Gaiden or Genealogy, where smoothing their edges without fundamentally altering the product, would not leave that impression.

Of course, a Thracia remake has to follow a Genealogy remake being a midquel that isn't entirely self-contained, and Genealogy does have its big issues of tradition vs. "improvement" standing in the way of any possible remake. So until Genealogy's every last detail is resolutely decided on, a Thracia remake cannot follow.

FE5 could indeed be mistake as a old GBA Game with many weird mechanics, but nothing too fundamentally different unlike FE4.

i'm inclined to believe it was a remake of FE6 or 7 (i doubt they would remake 2 games at the same time, otherwise they could've made fe11 and 12 together as a collection), but of course i hope they remake older games first

Edited by Yexin

I don't really like how you're placing so many games together. FE1 and FE3 weren't remade into a single game, and I wouldn't see any reason to do it differently with FE5 and FE7, who have even less of a reason to be on the same cartridge or whatever. 

I kind of do want a jugdral remake, since those games REALLY need their problems fixed. First of all, fix the stupid ballista's in FE5. Those stupid things bogged down the entire game for me, with them being super powerful for apparently no reason at all other than to be a pain in the rear. In one map I had to waste about 20 or so turns just to have the ballista run out of durablity so that my thieves could actually open the doors since they were so frail that they were all one-shotted by the ballista's. And there goes my second point: make the game less reliant on thieves and door keys. For christ's sake, if you don't have enough of them you can't even beat the final map! What nonsense is that? On to FE4, make actual support conversations to make the pairings more than just about stats, make the maps just a bit smaller so that one map doesn't take a few hours to beat, and actually balance the game so that you aren't useless if you aren't mounted.

I don't know why, but I have the feeling it could be FE3's remake ; including both FE1 and FE3 like the old game. But without all the bad choices that has been made to the past remakes and finally bringing Monshou No Nazo to other countries. Though I'd prefer FE4; I have the feeling FE1/FE3 should have a remake that's worth it. 

Honestly, I want both an SS remake and a Tellius series remake also. Tellius might not be as unviable an option as people think.

• Ike is in smash, making the game likely to attarct new and old fans alike
  • Many, Many people wish that RD was as good as PoR. I think a redo of it would also gather much attention. I think selling a PoR and RD pack would be a good startegy for the support import. In addition, I'd give RD an actual support system to build on chemistry from PoR. (especially Mist and Rolf, as well as Sanaki and Tormod. Both really should have had married endings.)
  • PoR would be a relatively easy remake, as people tend to think the map designs in general were pretty good, minimising work for that. Adding a very hard difficulty for hardcore vets and a casual mode for noobs like me would also help gather many demographics of fans. Improving the Laguz mechanics would be nice, as they are super cool, but are nothing more than gimmics as player characters.
  • RD is a bigger job, but again, a well-done RD would be terrific. Actual support system, better ending for Ike, once more fixing Laguz. I haven't played RD, so I don't know that much about the gameplay, but I am told that most of the maps are fairly boring. Revamping them and making all three parts interesting would be very nice. Also, something very big for fans is Ike's sexuality. Clearing that up and giving him some kind of romantic ending would help people a lot.

The problem is RD and PoR are still fairly recent, which means that it might be a weird decision to make. Still, Ike is beloved by fans, PoR is beloved by fans, lots of people liked RD, and I think it's a goldmine they could hit. (I would pay lots of money just to play both remakes.) As many above posters have noted, Jugdral would alienate new fans, especially in north america. I'd personally wrap Geneaology and Thracia into one and put it in a later console, hoping that PoR and RD remakes really push the series to new heights. 

SS is more of a personal thing. It's practically unknown, but it was an interesting concept, and I want to see it done right. I would also want to have a Lyon X Erika ending possible also. Not really feasable however.

Jugdral might not make sense because it might cross the line between fixing the game for new fans and ticking off the old ones or keeping the games too similar to their initial appearances, keeping the game off the headlines. They could easily tick off everyone on both sides; it could be risky. I'm sure they'll eventually do a jugdral remake, I just don't know that it's currently the most logical.

The Elibe series is also, as many poeple stated, a good option. Roy is in smash, all the lords have won CYL in Heroes, they were both relatively popular. In Blazing blade I'd imagine they'd do updates to Lyn mode, add in the taliver bandits, etc. I think Binding blade/sword of seals requires mor updates, especially the fog of war desert limited turn map and others like that. improving the story would also be nice; in my opinion both games were somewhat drab. I'm sure they'd fix it though. Sorry about the walls of text.

I forgot to mention this, but I also think that FE6 would be a good choice. Roy has gained popularity through smash. If people hear a new fire emblem game with Roy as the main lord, they might want to by the game. Also, Lyn has gained some popularity as well as an assist trophy. So, a FE6 remake might be better since it has a character everyone is familiar with. 

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

tl;dr

point is, they don't remake games because for reasons which aren't "this game is too old and we can make it more popular"

they won't remake PoR or RD because ike is in smash or because people like it better than other games, otherwise we wouldn't have SoV now

16 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I forgot to mention this, but I also think that FE6 would be a good choice. Roy has gained popularity through smash. If people hear a new fire emblem game with Roy as the main lord, they might want to by the game. Also, Lyn has gained some popularity as well as an assist trophy. So, a FE6 remake might be better since it has a character everyone is familiar with. 

...What? Lyn is not in FE6. I suppose she could be included in a remake, but I feel like they would just do it horribly like they did when forcing the Awakening trio into Fates.

I'm shocked Elibe is getting so many votes in this poll. I was sure Jugdral was the obvious pick that would win by far.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Lyn is not in FE6. I suppose she could be included in a remake, but I feel like they would just do it horribly like they did when forcing the Awakening trio into Fates.

I'm shocked Elibe is getting so many votes in this poll. I was sure Jugdral was the obvious pick that would win by far.

I forgot to say that if they make it a combined game. As in both FE6 and FE7 in one. basically you can pick which game you play. I'm sorry, I'm having troubles trying to explain it.

Edited by TheWildestCat

1 minute ago, TheWildestCat said:

I forgot to say that if they make it a combined game. As in both FE6 and FE7 in one.

Oh. Well, either way, I'd never buy it, so makes no difference to me, honestly.

Edited by Anacybele

I would love a Binding Blade remake! Or even a Blazing Blade Remake... or combine both, making a game similar to SNES Mystery of the Emblem.

I didn't finish Binding Blade (I stopped after Lilian's chapter), so I would love to experience this game but in a new version. And Roy is the only playable FE character in Smash that doesn't have his game released outside Japan, so would be cool to have a Binding Blade remake.

Despite I also wanting a Genealogy's remake, my desire for Binding Blade is higher.

I feel like if IS decided to do a remake on their own they'd be doing FE4 specifically on the Switch. If Nintendo came to them and asked for a new remake on 3DS, and not the Switch, I could see IS holding off on FE4 and skipping to FE6, because it's a simpler game, it was already on a handheld, and Roy would boost sales on a dying system. So if this rumour is true then I'm confident they were working on FE6 and not 4. I do wonder if they were far enough into development where shifting it onto the Switch was viable. If they had to scrap it entirely, I could see them deciding to do 4 first after all.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I think it's because the question on the poll is asking which game people think was MOST LIKELY being remade, not which they WANTED remade.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think it's because the question on the poll is asking which game people think was MOST LIKELY being remade, not which they WANTED remade.

Uh, yes, exactly. Jugdral is obviously the most likely because it's literally next in line.

Edited by Anacybele

If it really was next in line in terms of remakes, then the Gaiden remake would've come before the Mystery of the Emblem one. They chose to skip it and remake it after, instead.

So Elibe before Jugdral is not out of the scope of possibility.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, yes, exactly. Jugdral is obviously the most likely because it's literally next in line.

Binding Blade was named by IntSys themself as the one they’d like to remake next.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Binding Blade was named by IntSys themself as the one they’d like to remake next.

Since when? I remember hearing that one guy in the staff said that. But not the entire FE team.

It'd be so shitty of them to skip Jugdral over anyway, like I said.

EDIT: New Mystery was likely remade before Gaiden because of its close ties to Shadow Dragon, the first game to be remade. Neither Jugdral nor Elibe have any ties to them.

EDIT2: Actually, Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea, isn't it? So's Valentia. So by that logic, it does have some connection. Supporting my argument for Jugdral further.

Edited by Anacybele