What will Intsys do for the 30th Anniversary of Fire Emblem?

KelluPato

I know it’s quite early to begin thinking of these things, but the day is fast approaching as we have less than 6 months left!  First, what will you all do to celebrate?  I want to make a cake and play, well, Fire Emblem!

But what will Intelligent Systems do?  I want to think that they will have another Fire Emblem direct, and they will announce exciting things.  Maybe they will port some choice games (cough Path of Radiance cough Radiant Dawn) to Switch online?  Or maybe like a “Fire Emblem the Story so Far” definitive version?  What will they do in FEH?  

I think it is huge that our franchise is nearing 30 years!  And that there is so much to this series, Intelligent Systems could do so much with this opportunity.  I mean, the 25th anniversary concert was so great in my opinion.  I’m really excited for April 20, 2020.  What about all of you?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A remake announcement feels almost guaranteed, considering the series loves updating its older entries. No way to highlight your past quite like giving it some polish, so that it sparkles brilliantly even among its younger siblings.

I would totally love an FE Warriors 2 announcement with Ike in it! Also, ports/remasters of PoR and RD since they're so hard to get now. I still have working copies but I'd rather not risk them dying.

FE Heroes should drop lots of quests, some cool events, and free orbs.

I feel like they won't do much for the 30th, honestly. Probably just some extra Heroes content and extra Three Houses DLC or something. I'd WANT them to port Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn to Switch, translate + release the NES/SNES games and FE6 on the Switch eShop internationally, and maybe announce a remake (Marth-land would make sense for the 30th, but more ideally Jugdral), but that's probably setting my hopes too high.

probably another japan-only fe expo that no one cares about, with new absurdly pricey merchandise

Edited by Yexin

When Zelda turned 30 - a lot of people thought that Breath of the Wild would be released (it didn't, it released a year later to go w/the switch debut). but this is what it got:

1: Concerts all over Japan. 
2: A 30th Anniversary line of Amiibo. 
3: Skyward Sword released on Virtual Console 
4: 3 new books (released in Japan).

So I would imagine (especially with the news of the cancelled remake on 3DS out there). 
there would be

1: Concerts
2: some sort of FEH event to mark the occasion
3: announcement of some game (Maybe on the console) - but they could release something
4: Some sort of Direct
5: Maybe some Amiibo. 

(the 3H wave is also slated to come out in April so maybe they will throw some more surprises in there). 

Honestly I would gladly take FE1+FE3 remake (and a good one this time) ; a FE4 + FE5 remake and a FE6 + FE7 remake. It would be sooo amazing, but it's clearly utopist as the last FE that included 2 games was made a long time ago..Or a new Fire Emblem Warriors but with a lot of characters this time ^^

I'd like to see Thracia or Binding Blade get a remake, and maybe an international virtual console release for genealogy of the holy war, and og Thracia and Binding blade. 

I'll take anything TBH, but if I were forced to chose, I'd say an FE8 remake because the possibility of that is the only thing keeping me going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well there was the rumor of a cancelled remake for the 3ds being made into a Switch game. Considering its pretty obvious IS has two teams considering Fates and SoV were being worked on at the same time, wouldnt be surprised. Especially since the engine and everything is set. I wouldnt expect a release until 2021, but a reveal in 2020 wouldnt at all be shocking to me.

I think FEW2 has a great chance at happening, the original did well, and with how much IS worked with Koei on 3H, I imagine this little partnership will not be ending anytime soon. Perfect opportunity to release a FEW 2 next year tbh, especially with 3H being fresh on everyone's mind. Toss in some FE6 and maybe Genealogy or Tellius content, and you got a good roster going.

Besides that? Idk. Cant see much else except maybe another collaboration/spin off title.

• 1 month later...

The fact that Koei did so much of the work on Three Houses could hint that the main force at IS was working on something else. Then again it could also just be that Koei needed to help them out with the engine. I’m optimistic that we’ll get some sort of announcement for a new game, but whether it will release in 2020 is a different story. If it does, maybe it’ll land in the fall to cover where Metroid Prime 4 was probably supposed to be before Nintendo hit the reset button. Anyway, Fire Emblem is pretty big in Japan, so I doubt we’ll get nothing. Plus Nintendo has been getting better about how they do business over the past few years so I don’t think they’d just leave money on the table here, especially with how well Three Houses did internationally.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, Etheus said:

Fire Emblem Warriors 2, with an announcement headlined by Ike, Roy, and the Three Houses quartet.

You mean they'd have to give Byleth an actual personality? I can barely even imagine what they'd be llike in a Warriors game.

Edited by Alastor15243

5 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

You mean they'd have to give Byleth an actual personality? I can barely even imagine what they'd be llike in a Warriors game.

You say that, but Byleth's facial expressions can actually convey a lot.

Byleth and Manuela's B support genuinely made me laugh. 

Besides, Ryoma is one of the most played characters in Warriors and he doesn't have a personality. 

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Besides, Ryoma is one of the most played characters in Warriors and he doesn't have a personality. 

Oh, he has a hell of a lot more personality than Byleth. He has support conversations where he actually talks about himself in remotely meaningful ways. And he also doesn't have a female alt of himself with eyes that are like staring into the void itself.

Female Byleth is derp personified, with those wide, empty eyes accompanying that flat mouth. And if you doubt this...

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Oh, he has a hell of a lot more personality than Byleth. He has support conversations where he actually talks about himself in remotely meaningful ways. And he also doesn't have a female alt of himself with eyes that are like staring into the void itself.

Female Byleth is derp personified, with those wide, empty eyes accompanying that flat mouth. And if you doubt this...

Agree to disagree.

Your argument is ridiculous, at any rate. Link is one of the most iconic characters in gaming and headlined a Warriors game, despite his only personality trait being "swings a weapon and screams a lot." Even Byleth has more personality than Link.

Edited by Etheus

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Your argument is ridiculous, at any rate. Link is one of the most iconic characters in gaming and headlined a Warriors game, despite his only personality trait being "swings a weapon and screams a lot." Even Byleth has more personality than Link.

I fail to see how that is remotely relevant. Yes, Link is a mute who was in a Warriors game, but Link didn't have to have full, voiced, one-on-one conversations with other people in that game. Having Byleth suddenly start talking and having full conversations is going to be... interesting. They're going to have to make a ton of stuff up within the Warriors game, and I'm extremely curious how that's going to turn out.

Edited by Alastor15243