What will Intsys do for the 30th Anniversary of Fire Emblem?

KelluPato

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

I fail to see how that is remotely relevant. Yes, Link is a mute who was in a Warriors game, but Link didn't have to have full, voiced, one-on-one conversations with other people in that game. Having Byleth suddenly start talking and having full conversations is going to be... interesting.

I mean yes, having voiced conversations would be interesting. But it's also not unfeasible or unreasonable. In a Warriors game, Byleth is no longer pulling avatar duty. He no longer needs dialogue options. Linear conversations are therefore more expected.

Besides that, his moveset has potential. Even if he's classified as yet another sword user, mixing in closed ranged punches to complement long range whip attacks would be great for flavor, and giving him staff usage would ensure viability.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been cases of silent protags speaking and gaining some measure of personality after their main game. There is the Persona 3-5 protags I think, though I've never played their games. Though you do have SMTIV's Flynn getting a generic "cool and righteous" personality in IV: Apocalypse despite not saying a single word in IV. And, Golden Sun's Issac gained something of a personality when Felix took over the silent protag role for The Lost Age. Meanwhile, going back to Persona, Tatsuya took a speaking role in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, while Maya went silent after Innocent Sin.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, Mylady said:

A hentai adaptation 

So like an on-brand incarnation of this?

On 11/4/2019 at 5:20 PM, Metakirby said:

Honestly I would gladly take FE1+FE3 remake (and a good one this time)

Fire Emblem: Let's Go Marth, and Fire Emblem: Let's Go Caeda

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

So like an on-brand incarnation of this?

That would be interrsting too but I was thinking on Hentai OVAs like Bible Black, basically a lewd adaptation of the games in which each the avatar/protagonists bang every character they meet. Each ova follows a different game. 

• 2 months later...

I don't know, man. I like Fire Emblem and all but I don't think it really needs a big 30th anniversary celebration. It's had plenty recently, and I would honestly rather have some cool Mario stuff than, I don't...another arranged concert or whatever.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Here’s what they’ve decided to do, and coincidentally, around April Fools Day:

It’s not really much, but let’s not throw in the towel just yet. We still have 2/3 of the year to go. Plus, I really like this video. It’s such a cute nod to FE1.

With the rumors going about on Nintendo planning to do remasters of classic Super Mario games, that' be a blessing if IS could do the same for FE games.

I mean can anyone honestly tell me that you can easily get Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance in less than 40$ in great condition?

3 hours ago, Harvey said:

With the rumors going about on Nintendo planning to do remasters of classic Super Mario games, that' be a blessing if IS could do the same for FE games.

I mean can anyone honestly tell me that you can easily get Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance in less than 40$ in great condition?

I own them already. But being able to play them on good resolutions on modern tvs alone would be well worth the money. Let alone all of the modern QoL features they could add. 

Count me in for wanting Tellius remasters/re-releases. Owning them physically is prohibitively expensive and since they're GameCube and Wii games most computers wouldn't be able to emulate them without being slow as molasses. If I had executive fiat, Tellius remasters and maybe a FE Warriors 2 would be on the docket. 

But honestly, given the current coronavirus situation I wouldn't be surprised if, say, they were planning on a big announcement at the FE Expo but can't because of health concerns.  

Just now, Alistair said:

Count me in for wanting Tellius remasters/re-releases. Owning them physically is prohibitively expensive and since they're GameCube and Wii games most computers wouldn't be able to emulate them without being slow as molasses.

Yes! I want Dawn brigade supports SO BADLY! I also got RD for christmas as a physical copy, (since ai didn't know that emulating them was legal) put haven't playe PoR yet. I really hope it happens, since simply adding normal supports to RD would make it a near-perfect game for me.

11 minutes ago, Alistair said:

But honestly, given the current coronavirus situation I wouldn't be surprised if, say, they were planning on a big announcement at the FE Expo but can't because of health concerns.  

That is a bummer, I would’ve loved to see that.

But for what we DO have; Pantsless Marth is now a thing in Heroes, and other young versions of FE1 characters are coming later down the line. This only makes me wonder what they can manage if they have something else planned for the next 2/3 of the year. 

Another Smash rep!

Kidding aside, I'm hoping they'd make some sort of announcement on that day regarding the series.  If Jugdral was re-released, with some polish (the usual QoL stuff), I might have an excuse to finish a run of FE4!

16 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

a remake of fire emblem 4 would be great, since FE 4 is considered the master piece of the franchise 

Is anything actually considered the master piece of the franchise on a general community level? 

I mean, that is every game in the franchise depending on who you ask, but especially FE3, FE4, FE7, FE9, FE13, FE14, and FE16 seem to engender passionate followings.

Edited by Etheus

I think ten years ago everyone thought FE4 was the masterpiece. Now with the huge popularity of the series that is really not the case. I actually think the 'masterpiece' hasn't even been made yet. The series still has a lot of room to grow.

I think we will get some kind of game announcement, but I won't speculate if it's a remake or spin-off or new game. I think all three have equal probability.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Is anything actually considered the master piece of the franchise on a general community level? 

I mean, that is every game in the franchise depending on who you ask, but especially FE3, FE4, FE7, FE9, FE13, FE14, and FE16 seem to engender passionate followings.

It's consdered Kaga's master piece, Kaga is the creator of the franchise 

18 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

It's consdered Kaga's master piece, Kaga is the creator of the franchise 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FE3 have the highest sales and the best reputation of any Kaga era game?

Also, hot take, but while we owe Kaga a great debt of gratitude, the series has only improved in his absence, IMO. His masterpiece isn't our masterpiece (and I say that as someone who likes FE4 a lot, despite its faults).

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FE3 have the highest sales and the best reputation of any Kaga era game?

Also, hot take, but while we owe Kaga a great debt of gratitude, the series has only improved in his absence, IMO. His masterpiece isn't our masterpiece (and I say that as someone who likes FE4 a lot, despite its faults).

FE3 did have the most sales of that era.

I don't know what Kaga himself considers his finest game within FE canon, but I believe FE3 is to this day is considered the archetypal SRPG in Japan, and probably will always be because of its impact over there. So, in that sense it could be considered the masterpiece in that region. The West never really grew to respect that game because it was never properly released here. Imagine if OoT was never released in the west, and we only knew of Zelda after seeing Link in SSB. Wind Waker would be the game more people played (or maybe the ALttP GBA port, whatever game happens to be the first localization by SSB's popularity). That would have a major impact on gaming today, and contemporary Western audiences would not respect OoT anywhere near where they do now.

The Japanese and Western gaming medias are highly segregated and react to games differently. The Japanese media doesn't really crown games as 'masterpieces' like Westerners do. Japanese media seems to prefer tight mechanics and archetypal, morally-relevant storylines while Western media seems to prefer sheer ambition (even if it falls short), sandboxing, and nonlinearity/choice. You can see this when nobody in the West seemed to care about Tellius while they slobbered all over Awakening and Three Houses (and Fates to an extent). There are examples in other series but I digress....

To call something a masterpiece requires strong consensus, and that's something we just don't have right now. I don't think it's a detriment to say that there is no single crown jewel of the series. The series itself is a jewel. There isn't a single game that is poorly made, IMO.

Any FE remake would be welcome. Though I'd prefer FE4 and it'd make the most sense given Three Houses and the inspiration its taken from it. It'd be nice if they actually merged FE4 and 5 together. Though it all depends on how they decide to roll with the chapters from FE4. If they go how it originally was, there's no way they'd include FE5. But if they go traditional and break it into more chapters, there's a possibility. It'd be a long game, but not too long when you consider how Three Houses actually is with all of the different routes. It'd be cool if they added a new story for Ares that takes place after FE4 too, there's definitely room for it. But that's highly doubtful.

Seeing as how E3 got cancelled this year, I could see them announcing a game even more likely this month. If they don't, then we probably won't be getting anything for a while. If I recall, most of the usual Fire Emblem team didn't even work on Three Houses. They were supposedly working on another project. That doesn't suggest it's Fire Emblem, but it could be. But, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. For all we know they don't plan to do anything beyond FEH. Let's hope not though. I guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks.

Edited by SSbardock84

Everyone seems to be saying FE4 remake and I'm inclined to agree. Do I think they'll do it perhaps but honestly it's what I want especially if they expand on the characters the same way Echos did (Honestly the characters where the best part of Echos) also incorporation more awakening style supports would also work well and make tracking parents and second gen units much easier. I just hope they update the maps and gameplay more than they did with echos because I found echos gameplay to be not great (Granted considering how 4 is that would be a lot of work) But still it would be nice to play a remake because I couldn't get into the OG despite finding the story interesting. But still I'm not particularly hopeful they'll probs just do some stuff with FEH I don't care about (Granted seeing 8 bit versions of all the main characters was super cute but I hope april fools isn't all we get)

Wondering if we'll get an FE Direct, or any news really. The anniversary date is fast approaching but I have to assume the coronavirus has affected IS and planned projects may be delayed. In any case I do think we'll see a remake and Warriors 2 revealed soon, at the very least. Maybe a remaster too if we're lucky.

7 hours ago, Book Bro said: In any case I do think we'll see a remake and Warriors 2 revealed soon, at the very least. Maybe a remaster too if we're lucky.

The only HD remasters that are actually doable are from FE9. Remastering includes scaling polygons and changing resolution, and it is feasible with some game of these eras. Honestly I’m not a fan of the remake-newgame formula. I’d much prefer waiting another six months and having an entire new game to put my hands on. 

For April 30 nobody knows what is going to happen, besides Pantless Marth and Loli Shiida. Honestly, I’d like to see Intelligent Systems giving away the same announcement they did back in 2017 with the last FE Direct: a new Fire Emblem game (even a Classic turn based rpg), the Remaster of Awakening (they owe this), a Mobile card game and the announcement for FE17.