What will Intsys do for the 30th Anniversary of Fire Emblem?

KelluPato

On 4/14/2020 at 10:45 AM, trainer_derp said:

FE4 remake please while replacing Oifey with Kris

Or FE6 remake replacing Merlinus with Kris

Bro-

Do you wanna see the world burn or something? 😮

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, Harvey said:

With the rumors going about on Nintendo planning to do remasters of classic Super Mario games, that' be a blessing if IS could do the same for FE games.

I mean can anyone honestly tell me that you can easily get Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance in less than 40$ in great condition?

Honestly I would love for PoR+RD to get remastered/ported to switch, I mean they weren’t on the Wii U virtual console so there might be hope? 

Int sys should rehire Kaga and remake Berwick saga in a way that Adel is useful and Czene does not make me question existence.

They're probably going to announce some kind of big news on the 30th anniversary, probably the next game we get.

9 hours ago, KelluPato said:

Honestly I would love for PoR+RD to get remastered/ported to switch, I mean they weren’t on the Wii U virtual console so there might be hope? 

Same. Having Path of radiance and Radiant Dawn remastered, or even remade, on switch in HD...would be an absolute dream come true for me!!!!!!!!

Not nearly enough people have even tried those masterpieces because of how expensive the physical copies are these days, and the lack of things like a casual mode (plus ATROCIOUS marketing and release timing back when the game's came out) are probably to blame for their poor sales (remember radiant dawn being looked at as "hardcore and difficult" by the masses back in the day?)

Edited by Dinar87

On 4/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, trainer_derp said:

FE4 remake please while replacing Oifey with Kris

Or FE6 remake replacing Merlinus with Kris

Eh if they want to add avatar I'd rather they create original characters. But I doubt that this will happen. 

1 hour ago, Dinar87 said:

Same. Having Path of radiance and Radiant Dawn remastered, or even remade, on switch in HD...would be an absolute dream come true for me!!!!!!!!

Not nearly enough people have even tried those masterpieces because of how expensive the physical copies are these days, and the lack of things like a casual mode (plus ATROCIOUS marketing and release timing back when the game's came out) are probably to blame for their poor sales (remember radiant dawn being looked at as "hardcore and difficult" by the masses back in the day?)

I would love for remastered Tellius story. The story and worldbuilding is so good. It could be called Fire Emblem Echoes: Radiance of Tellius...... or something like that?

But kinda afraid how they'll go about to handling stories/worldbuilding since the more recent games are, for a lack of proper word, different(? sorry my English is lacking). Well 3H feels similar to Tellius I think. Also nervous about things like character interactions being changed or rewritten too.

If they're announcing something, it could happen later today as it's already Monday in Japan. Shadow dropping an FE Direct doesn't seem like something they'd do, but I hope it happens.

Really, I'll take anything.  FE4 remake, FE6 remake, Tellius remasters, FE Warriors with focus on Jugdral, Elibe and Tellius (not happening, I know.) 

I feel like Tellius remasters are the most likely for some reason, not just because it's the 15th anniversary of PoR, but because they'd probably be the easiest to make for a modern platform.

I know it's basically a meme at this point...but I'm still not over the runes on Geirskögul in FEH saying "anime project success", if we saw an anime announcement I'd probably explode.

I doubt a new game is coming, unless it's a remake. 3 Houses is not even a year old, why would they announce a new game? If they had to announce a new game, a remake would make the most sense since they can save a lot of development time on things like story and maps, barring a few minor tweaks.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I doubt a new game is coming, unless it's a remake. 3 Houses is not even a year old, why would they announce a new game? If they had to announce a new game, a remake would make the most sense since they can save a lot of development time on things like story and maps, barring a few minor tweaks.

Because it is the 30th anniversary, it would make the most sense to announce the game. We already know the next game is a remake due to the news that there was a fourth 3ds game that was cancelled. Everyone already knows it’s in development so it makes sense to announce it on Monday.

9 hours ago, Stephano said:

Because it is the 30th anniversary, it would make the most sense to announce the game. We already know the next game is a remake due to the news that there was a fourth 3ds game that was cancelled. Everyone already knows it’s in development so it makes sense to announce it on Monday.

The fourth 3DS game was suppose to be Three Houses on 3DS. Since the Switch arrived and that it would be stupid to release the game on a system that's dead, they canned it and remade it on Switch.

And really. Like OP said, 3H is barely a year old so making a new game at this point would be beyond a miracle. We can however expect ports of atleast the GBA games since well...that would take less than a month to do so if M2 is working on it.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

The fourth 3DS game was suppose to be Three Houses on 3DS. Since the Switch arrived and that it would be stupid to release the game on a system that's dead, they canned it and remade it on Switch.

Every report that I have seen regarding this topic claimed that this game was being co developed alongside three houses similar to how path of radiance was being developed alongside sacred stones. From what I can tell, that 3DS game wasn’t 3H

16 minutes ago, Stephano said:

Every report that I have seen regarding this topic claimed that this game was being co developed alongside three houses similar to how path of radiance was being developed alongside sacred stones. From what I can tell, that 3DS game wasn’t 3H

It was. Its just that it was in the works before the collaboration brought came in. And IS were fine developing games on 3DS so they didn't need much of outside help outside of cinematics.

And where's your source that the foutrh game isn't 3H?

Well, it's 4/20. The appointed day has arrived.

Honestly, at this point, given all that's happened to change big companies' plans, all it'd take to make my day is someone out there making fanart of Lucina fighting Hitler while he's in a mech walker, saying "There can be only one!"

Edited by Alastor15243

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

It was. Its just that it was in the works before the collaboration brought came in. And IS were fine developing games on 3DS so they didn't need much of outside help outside of cinematics.

And where's your source that the foutrh game isn't 3H?

The rumour specifically states it was a remake, not an original game:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/11/04/rumour-cancelled-fire-emblem-remake-3ds-live-switch/

Anyway, pretty disappointed that there's nothing announced today beyond the meh additions to the Japanese NES app. Wonder if there's any plans to add the SNES FEs this year. I'd love to play them on the Switch even with the language barrier.

10 hours ago, Hauke said:

The whole birthday seems to be a countdown thing. Yesterday was FE1, today is FE2... So maybe at the end?

Next is FE3, they'll surely mention its remake just like the first two games, which... surprise! Is getting an English digital release.

Then will be FE4, which will come with a trailer announcing its remake, planned for 2021!

Once they get to FE9, Tellius HD Duology will be confirmed for release this fall!

Finally, at the end of the countdown, they'll confirm a second wave of DLC for Three Houses!

Please let at least one of these things happen

9 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Next is FE3, they'll surely mention its remake just like the first two games, which... surprise! Is getting an English digital release.

Then will be FE4, which will come with a trailer announcing its remake, planned for 2021!

Once they get to FE9, Tellius HD Duology will be confirmed for release this fall!

Finally, at the end of the countdown, they'll confirm a second wave of DLC for Three Houses!

Please let at least one of these things happen

I thought DLC was done for 3H?