Which Version of Sword and Shield will you get?

ZeManaphy

Which Version?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Sword or Shield?

• Sword
    • Shield
    • Both
    • Neither

I will get neither, as frankly Sword and Shield is terrible. I don't understand the hype surrounding Sword and Shield. The story, the antagonists, everything about the game, is just so stupid. Pokemon is on a decline ever since Sun and Moon, which is really disappointing, because Pokemon is still in my top 3 of favorite game series. They removed everything good about the game. Mega evolutions? Nah... Humongous Pokemon? Yeah! I know. I've been playing Pokemon since original Red and Blue. For us older fans, this game has been nothing short of disappointment so far. Also, the regional Pokemon look hideous.

Also, to make fun of Game Freak, "improved Graphics." Yeah right. They removed everything good to have "improved graphics" that are still worse than BOTW's. 

Neither. I am hoping we will either get a third version, or even better, a remake of D/P/Pt.

Also, I do have a few issues with Gamefreak. In particular how they keep churning out games and they sell really well, but despite the success they refuse to spend more money and resources to make them better.

If I pick it up it won’t be for a long time. I don’t have the same hatred for it that a lot of fans do- in fact, I would barely even call myself a fan to the same extent. My favorite games are gen 4 and Pokémon go, and I think let’s go was fun. 
That being said, Pokémon has never been something that I’ve been super passionate about. The gameplays too grindy with very little reward and the characters and story aren’t that great. 
So basically, I might get it later, but it’s a game I have no real feelings about right now.

I was going to get both, then I saw how many Pokemon were actually cut from the game. I was fine with some cuts, but it's absurd how many are gone now and that killed any desire I had for these games for the time being. So at the moment, neither.

Edited by Anacybele

I was going to take Sword. But with all the cuts that has been made, i've lost almost all my favorites Pokemon. And I clearly won't take a game that don't include 80% of my team. I was really curious; but at least expected around 600 like most peoples. Maybe I'll take it, in a lot of time but not for more than 20€

I've seen many complaints and concerns surrounding these games, and I have a feeling GF will release revamped versions similar to Ultra S/M next year, if not a remake of Gen 4. I'm on the fence on whether I should get them or not....

Between the two, Shield is the better version to me. Galarian Ponyta and Tyranitar are excellent exclusives that are too good to pass up.

I would at least like to give this game a chance before writing it off. If it's not too great, perhaps it's time to say goodbye to Pokémon. Growing up sucks, dude.

Given that they are having the next iteration of the world's biggest franchise developed by nothing less than the B-Team while the A-Team is busy "working on original properties" (lol, really, they couldn't do that until after Pokemon's first big console debut). probably neither. 

Still, I'll give the B-Team a chance based on the reception -- new voices aren't necessarily bad ones.

Edited by MoralityGames

I always base my decision on whichever legendary I like best and in this case it's Zamazenta, especially after seeing it without that ridiculous armor, so I was planning on getting a used copy of Shield, but after finding out that even the difficulty was gonna be underwhelming and postgame looking as bad or even worse than XY's postgame, I'm debating just skipping it entirely.

For the purposes of this poll I voted neither.

The last Pokemon game I played was Omega Ruby. I realized that Gamefreak was heading in a direction that nerfed the main campaign by making it piss easy. It's sad to see a franchise go down like this with all of the controversies and the like. It really helped me keep my 10 year old mind off of what was going on in life. At the very least, I can still laugh at all the dumb stuff I did in those games.