New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth noting that Duo Heroes are practically seasonal units as it's stated in the trailer that Ephraim+Lyon are not available to be summoned on most banners after Desert Mercenaries end.

unknown-126.png

With that in mind, my tickets are spoken for - I'll be dropping them onto blue stones.

Ephraim+Lyon > Gerik > Tethys > Ewan

Ephraim+Lyon gets first priority given his limited availability and his having a broken weapon and a powerful Duo effect.

Gerik is a fodder treasure chest - Firesweep Axe (LOL), Sudden Panic, and Infanty Pulse? Yes, please!

Tethys seems to be the obvious demote if only 1 unit gets demoted - always useful to have another dancer option.

Ewan is a snooze fest. Fodder isn't too interesting and there's already a lot of 3-4* red mages.

Ross has stiff competition - Hawkeye, Raven, and Linus aren't going to make it easy for him, especially since Ross doesn't have a Prf weapon (he is shown with Brave Axe in the trailer).

Huh, based on the fine print at the end, it looks like Duo Heroes will be treated as limited characters and won't be added to the standard summoning pool.

And it looks like Tethys might actually demote.

Still on a restricted budget from last month's car repairs, so I'll probably pull one of each and then stop.

Edited by Ice Dragon

*gasp* It really does exist... The weapon of fairy tales that many were certain was nothing more than mere myth... The Firesweep Axe! Too bad its obviously going to remain 5 star locked like the Firesweep Bow (and on a unit that is a gold mine of fodder, making all the harder to sacrifice him for it specifically...); the obvious demote this month is Tethys.

That little note at the end that this duo hero "may or may not appear again in a summoning event" makes me ask, do they mean this unit won't be featured directly on banners but can still be summoned randomly? Or is this unit going to not be in the summoning pool at all? The latter sounds extremely scummy since it means they could be completely gone for anybody that missed them, unlike seasonal units where you just have to wait a year if you miss out.

Of all the people to introduce Firesweep Axe, of course it would be Gerik.

No clues to the GHB that I could see. I expect either Joshua’s rival to fit the theme, or Cormag to knock off another Farfetched candidate. 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck I need all of them. Also WHAT IS THIS? A DRASTICALLY MALE-HEAVY BANNER?!! Oh man this is so fantastic. I didn't expect Ewan to get in so soon! I need everyone oh my gosh I NEED EVERYONE. Also looks like Tethys might be a demote. I cannot express how pleasantly shocked I am by all this!! =D I hope Garcia gets in sometime to join his son! We also need Saleh now, with both Ewan and Myrrh in. I NEED EVERYONE.

I think I will try for one Tethys just in case she does not demote, but I will wait until towards the end of the Focus to see if I have enough Orbs.

Edited by XRay

Ah well as a fe8 enthusiast, I'm morally obligated to try and summon on this banner. This banner will be perfect if either Cormag or Knoll is the ghb, especially Knoll~

-Tethys is finally in

-Ephraim and a LYON alt

-Eph is using his fe8 design~

-And of course.... Firesweep Axe is a thing now Gerik, I'm sorry.

Priority for me will have to be blue with that ominous note about Ephraim+Lyon. Do you think that dual units will appear on legendary/mythic banners?

I don't have the orbs for this, though... Buuuut maybe I can pull using the free stuff? If I do somehow get them, I think I'll focus on Ewan next, but I also really like Tetheys and Gerik. Man, I like everyone here!

Ross: His Father's Son

Mystery solved! Gee, who knew? Why thanks for the info, Captain Obvious.

My alter ego is Captain Obvious too though. Kind of fun to point out the obvious sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Priority for me will have to be blue with that ominous note about Ephraim+Lyon. Do you think that dual units will appear on legendary/mythic banners?

I hope New Heroes Foci with Duo Heroes gets treated like Special Heroes Foci and get reruns annually.

Edited by XRay

15 minutes ago, Namero said:

That little note at the end that this duo hero "may or may not appear again in a summoning event" makes me ask, do they mean this unit won't be featured directly on banners but can still be summoned randomly? Or is this unit going to not be in the summoning pool at all? The latter sounds extremely scummy since it means they could be completely gone for anybody that missed them, unlike seasonal units where you just have to wait a year if you miss out.

He will not be added to the standard summoning pool at all and is considered limited, like seasonal characters or Legendary/Mythic Heroes.

The "exception" is to the part about "will continue to be available through future summoning events", which means he won't be added to the standard summoning poll. "May or may not appear again" just means "will appear again, but we're not going to commit to it in case something catastrophic happens like Godzilla blows up all the servers and it becomes impossible to do".

...Really? I expected the third Farfetch'd Heroes-type banner. Boring.

At least I get to save my orbs.

This trailer went up way earlier than I thought too.

Edited by Anacybele

Ooh! Definitely trying hard for ephraim and lyon. 

Second is Gerik cuz he is hot lol. Then Ewan cuz cute, and Tethys last because she is obvious demote. I'm glad they don't seem to be restricting them to the "third spot = demote" trend they had for like a year now.

Ross is adorable -- who is his artist? Anyway, I hope Selena is GHB!! I would rather have someone like Cormag NOT be GHB and instead be on Farfetched.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Really? I expected the third Farfetch'd Heroes-type banner. Boring.

At least I get to save my orbs.

This trailer went up way earlier than I thought too.

The trailer actually was posted publicly by accident LOL. Someone on reddit caught the slip up, but they have since made the video unlisted. We should get the notification tonight, as well as info if we are getting a GHB.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The "exception" is to the part about "will continue to be available through future summoning events", which means he won't be added to the standard summoning poll. "May or may not appear again" just means "will appear again, but we're not going to commit to it in case something catastrophic happens like Godzilla blows up all the servers and it becomes impossible to do".

Could they automate when Foci go up? I am not sure if they automated Special Heroes Foci, but I think it is a pretty good idea to have them automate Foci with time limited Heroes so that it gives players a piece of mind that they can always depend on some sort of Focus to summon their favorite Hero, even if it is a year long wait.

Edited by XRay

Just now, SockPuppet said:

The trailer actually was posted publicly by accident LOL. Someone on reddit caught the slip up, but they have since made the video unlisted. We should get the notification tonight, as well as info if we are getting a GHB.

Oh, wow. lol

You know, I suppose I could at least give Ephraim and Lyon a few tries. They'd be my first duo unit and I do love Ephraim.